Kermitt

I've had the ArGo for a few weeks and I'm still very satisfied. I use it every day, although I also have a few other devices to choose from. Tastefully, simply super. Besides, the ArGo is very comfortable to use. The battery life is a dream, so I will probably never buy a Hopper again. Even if the Hopper may be reliable at some point, you will still have to change the battery frequently.
Small, handy, tasty, persistent, mobile.

Last edited:

OF

The battery life is a dream, so I will probably never buy a Hopper again. Even if the Hopper may be reliable at some point, you will still have to change the battery frequently.
Small, handy, tasty, persistent, mobile.

Congratulations, glad you like ArGo, there's sure a lot to like?

"Never buy a Hopper again" speaks volumes to me. You tried multiple times? That's dedication. And still, when working correctly, it's a power hog requiring battery swaps? That makes perfect sense to me, minutes of heat, not the hours claimed early on? No magic after all, Physics won out. IMO a practical 'out and about' vape has to be able to do a few to several sessions without attention past loading. ArGo seems to have that in Spades, with the factory 18650 (NCR18650B) being the best available unit. Being convection it's going to be hard on battery life, but if it could start out with the power ArGo has on tap it'd surely do better. That tiny battery is an 'Achilles heel' for sure.

ArGo has compromises, of course. Hot spots on the case with heavy use, concerns about the sliding cover, wishes for additional stems and so on. All IMO pretty minor. I think part of this 'problem' (inconvenient compromises) is guys are comparing it to larger Arizer vapes like Solo and Air which have different compromises (like being bigger......) rather than comparing it to Hopper?

From that perspective, ArGo seems like a very positive change in gear. Thanks for the perspective, glad you're on the ArGo train now. Should be smooth sailing ahead. A guy should enjoy his vape, not fuss over it, worried about it working right when called upon. A tool. Mission critical gear has to be reliable above all else......

Now, if we could only add 'low cost' to your list of advantages.......hopefully that will happen in due time?

Thanks for the post, food for thought.

OF

Kermitt

I compare the ArGo with the Hopper, because the ArGo should replace the Hopper for me.

And the ArGo has managed that easily. Whether I'm travelling alone or with friends, the ArGO works reliably, is easy to use and the battery holds. For me, therefore, the clear winner.

If I want to have the kick on top of it, I use a DynaVap device, the OG Brick or the DLX. Don't misunderstand, the ArGO takes me everywhere I want. With the other devices listed here, I might be able to reach my destination a little faster. But I don't always want to get there quickly. Moreover, the ArGo is very simple to use. Although I heat my OmiVap with an induction heater, the ArGO is even easier to use.
The ArGO may doesn't bring me the one fat hit that immediately puts me on the couch, but it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, I find it difficult to describe because I cannot express myself in my own language.

Anyway, I think I have some pretty decent vaporizing equipment. But I use the ArGo every day, sometimes supplemented by one of my other devices. That's why the ArGo is worth every cent to me.

slackwaredragon

SlackmasterD
Since getting my argo about two weeks ago, it's completely replaced my hopper for travel. It's super easy to load, easy to clean and easy to hit. It seems like it can take a good jolt too compared to the hopper. The only downsides I can see is if the stem breaks. I'm not sure how I like the sliding top, I mostly keep it down and use one of the stem caps on the top to keep smell low. I think it's smellier without the cap.

First inclination was to load it mostly full like I do my Solos but I think I get more out of it 1/3 to 1/2 full. The draw gets harder the longer it's hot but I think that's just how the matrial binds up around the holes. I swap from screen to no screen depending on how I'm feeling. No screen tastes cleaner but you get crumbs where the screen hits a little harder in the back of the throat but no crumbs.

LabPong

3rd party attachments could not come soon enough for the argo....or even a arizer released WPA at minimum.

I wonder what a mini bubbler would work like though. I think instead of one like they make for the Air and others....one more like the Fury2 one would be cool. Some sort of ash catcher/mouth piece thing. Not just a straight long ass stem sticking out of the top.

LabPong

Last edited:

LabPong

Got my brand new Argo from Arizer today......charging up and already did several burn offs....not much smell or anything at all....super happy with that part. I got the original one from an online seller and it was only used less than a dozen times for a review and test. It had a prob, so I sent it to Arizer for warranty repair/replace. They replaced it and now I can see what this baby is like from brand new stock.

I will be testing it on the way home from work...which will be late tonight...so I will look forward to a dark night time sesh in my truck....on a smooth highway. My 15 min drive should be fun....cant wait. Got the Sneaky Pete wpa for the mouthpiece.

OF

I just leave the hatch down and put the cap on the stem during pocket or case transport.

This has been discussed some earlier on, for 'cover down' travel I prefer using cut down vinyl caps, smaller and hold on better. Here I've capped both ends of a loaded stem for travel with such caps:
dypyHdD.jpg

If you pull the stem and store it separately the entire package is smaller and the glass problems avoided?

But perhaps the best idea was suggested by another Member, a cap over the whole end (I used a one by two inch square tube cap of the same vinyl material:
2NaxN8V.jpg

Putting one on each end provides considerable protection if dropped, all the corners are padded.

OF

LabPong

Anyone seen a source for the stock smaller black Arizer caps for the Argo stems? They work well to put over the stock stem mouth piece end or the load end. So using one to cover the stock stem mouth piece is cool. But I got one of the SneakyPete's WPA and need one of these types of food grade silicon to fit the smaller diameter end of the 10mm joint section.

After using in a D020-D a few times and also direct drawing off the WPA...( i dont use the stock one..too short), the end of the WPA is nice on your lips and serves pretty good as the mouth piece when using direct.

No issues of using the WPA in various rigs.... They basically melted the wpa piece on a stock glass piece it looks like. It came out good for doing it that way I think....time will tell ....I am pretty good with handling glass pieces so have to see how it holds up after normal use for a few months. I am sure there will be more WPA's and mini bubblers coming out for it as well.

One thing I did notice that using the Argo compared to my Air's.....the Argo needs to run maybe 10F higher to get the same abv......or it is just the nature of a narrow tall load and stirring amounts per session?

I am totally diggin this little guy....much better for me than the Fury2....that one has a tiny size glass stem to load...I could not deal with that alone and decided to sell the Fury2 after only doing several burn offs and cleaning....then using only 1 time. The Argo fits my needs extremely well now compared to the Airs....just too tall to use discreetly with long stems.

The argo with the WPA can pass off as a simple e-cig looking device out in the open I think.

rogrog

how's the argo for packing only a small amount into the stem? or does it need to be fully packed?

rogrog,
Reactions: OF

LabPong

how's the argo for packing only a small amount into the stem? or does it need to be fully packed?

For me....since it is a much narrower but taller load area compared to a Air or Solo WPA....no issues at all with loading a small amount. I had no issues either with small amounts in my Air WPA..but I also use domed screens in the Airs...and a cut down partial domed one in the Argo. I tried both the stock stem and WPA with and without a screen in them.......I could not tell much tastes difference....but the ability to keep the stem and water units clean...++ for me.

OF

I had no issues either with small amounts in my Air WPA..but I also use domed screens in the Airs...and a cut down partial domed one in the Argo.

Yep, I do the same thing. A hacked dome screen that blocks about half the volume. The part facing the oven and touching the walls remains so heat transfer is fairly normal as much of the part removed is the last to heat, giving us a boost recovering part of the lower total load. That is the part removed includes the last part to vape and change color. The key is to keep the pack firm enough to ensure good contact with the walls and the load pressed 'normally' flat facing the oven.

As you said, much the same deal as Solo/Air with a smaller floor and more walls. In fact as I recall the ratio of wall to load went up more than the area of the floor went down. I think this can actually be 'felt' in A/B test (at least I think it can......small study group you know.....). Loading Solo and ArGo with the same load weight, inserted cold and letting them heat soak side by side (say a minute or two) then comparing I think ArGo 'gets going faster/better', that is those first few hits are fuller (and of course lose taste faster for it).

Perhaps imagination or wishful thinking, but I've done the experiment a couple of times now with the same results. If you want to try such a silly idea I suggest you do what I do, I offset one vape by say a minute. That is stick the Solo stem in to start the heat soak, wait one minute, then insert the ArFo stem. Then keep my 'test puffs' offset by the same minute (or half minute, 34.3 seconds, or....).

Anyway, half loads are the norm for me but you have to work to keep the volume up as the loads get smaller. Fun stuff.

OF

LabPong

Spot on just like all your vids! Appreciate your work and time to help others. I like the "get to the details" way you do these reviews.

This little vape is just as you say.....'goes where you do"........so nice to vape away from home now with little mental pressure about it. I just keep the argo and wpa as clean as possible to keep the odors down...I use pretty smelly stuff lately haaaa

KidFated.

Unknown Member
This little vape is just as you say.....'goes where you do"........so nice to vape away from home now with little mental pressure about it. I just keep the argo and wpa as clean as possible to keep the odors down...I use pretty smelly stuff lately haaaa
funny story, last year I went on a hike with my girlfriend to see some waterfalls, there was another couple behind us that was a decent distance away. I decided let’s have a session and walk down the trail, little did I know, Johnny and Susie Q had took a few trails to cut off some corners, so they had almost caught up to us. All of a sudden I heard Johnny say “whatever they have smells really good”

We ended up talking to them about a half hour later and we had a laugh, luckily they also liked bud. But yeah, scent trails are real. Wind would’ve been helpful.

The ArGo is really tempting me but I feel like I would break it by sitting on it.. all my iPhones bend.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
funny story, last year I went on a hike with my girlfriend to see some waterfalls, there was another couple behind us that was a decent distance away. I decided let’s have a session and walk down the trail, little did I know, Johnny and Susie Q had took a few trails to cut off some corners, so they had almost caught up to us. All of a sudden I heard Johnny say “whatever they have smells really good”

We ended up talking to them about a half hour later and we had a laugh, luckily they also liked bud. But yeah, scent trails are real. Wind would’ve been helpful.

The ArGo is really tempting me but I feel like I would break it by sitting on it.. all my iPhones bend.
I don't think you would have a problem sitting on the argo and breaking it (I hope i didnt Jinx myself)..it is too short and wont go past the middle point in your pocket.

Besides, you can always use the Hip pouch and style it up!

Thanks @rogrog , @cannabis.pro and @LabPong

Im glad you all enjoyed the review!

LabPong

I never carry a wallet, cellphone, or vape in my back pockets....just paper...lol

I would break anything in my back pockets in minutes..... but if I was hiking or something like that.....I would carry the argo in a chest pocket, front pocket, or pack only.

Green_Rasta

I'm planning to buy an ArGo(The DaVinci IQ was a close second in my evaluation) tomorrow in Ottawa, There's a 15% sale for Easter.

I like the Argo because it seems low-maintenance, stealthy and high-quality. I have a Super Silver Surfer right now, it rocks.

Anyways, first post, so here I go. I'll give you my impressions later.

OF

Thanks for the tip. More good stuff from Randy. It feels good to support a guy like that working so hard to bring good stuff to market to offer us.

Anyway, PIU has a few less stems than they did a few minutes ago.

Great way to start the weekend! It's a 'sucker bet' that I'll have the goods in hand before next weekend, Randy is like that you know.

OF

Top Bottom