Arizer Air II

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So how is it?

I wonder if Air II was a better bet for me than the Solo II - I guess not, but I still wonder...it came out of the blue haha.

m0sh,
Reactions: BigJr48

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
So how is it?

I wonder if Air II was a better bet for me than the Solo II - I guess not, but I still wonder...it came out of the blue haha.

I would say that the biggest difference (speculation of course) is the battery life capacity in the Solo II doubles the Air II, but the size is bigger because of that. The Air II has a swap-able battery and easier to travel with and get more battery. I personally really like the ability to buy more batteries and have a fresh new unit with new batteries if you want, and the performance is usually close to the Solo. I will have to see for myself eventually, as I want to get the Solo II as well. :D

blackstone

Got this in my inbox today, it seems a nice fair write up from the POTV blog of what to expect.
That heat up time I can live np with because it sounds like everything else is way above average with this baby!

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/arizer-air-2-first-look

In fact, the improved airflow and more powerful heater combine for thicker, stronger hits. We tested the Solo 2 side by side with the Air 2 and noticed a more open airflow on the Air 2. Despite the big clouds, you can expect tasty vapor that’s easy to achieve with light pulls.

Besides the gorgeous looks, the light weight of this is very attractive for my particular requirement, and also the potential taste and the thought of just glass and a little heated stainless steel (with fully adjustable and regulated temperature) making up the entire air path and vapor path...SLUUURP:razz:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's a good vape. Full session controls just like the Solo II, except you can take the turn-on timer all the way down to 2 seconds.

Battery life is marginally better and heat up time is slightly better.

What really impressed me was the air flow. I did a Solo II side-by-side and my Air II was noticeably more open. So I compared it to the Crafty and Mighty and it was as open as those, maybe even just a tad more.

The heat up time is the only real drawback I can come up with at this point.

A few words after using the Air II daily for the last two weeks.

I am really starting to appreciate the improved airflow more and more. I already use the Air II handheld way more than I did with the original Air. I still use it a ton through a water piece though and damn does it hit hard. I often catch myself taking way too big of a hit due to being used to the lesser efficient original Air. I generally leave it at one temperature so the temperature setting hasn’t been fully appreciated. Being able to set my session timer to 15 minutes is nice too. I’m averaging four 15 minute sessions on one battery but I usually charge them after using them anyways. This is super nice for the odd 3-4 people sessions where you’ll generally need a few stems to get everyone where they want to be.

Overall I’m still pretty happy about the Air II vs the original Air. :2c:

Also, a super small amount of pure beeswax is amazing at keeping glass joints from sticking and is natural too! :D

Razor

How exactly is the airflow compared to the first? That was the one thing I didnt enjoy was how I had to sip it. I really like that I can change out batteries in this but really want to know what the airflow is like first.

I think it’s night and day to be honest.

There’s this too.

...What really impressed me was the air flow. I did a Solo II side-by-side and my Air II was noticeably more open. So I compared it to the Crafty and Mighty and it was as open as those, maybe even just a tad more...

ClearlyCannabis,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@stickstones That's pretty cool about the turn on time. I don't know if I would go as little as 2 seconds but this turns the Air II into an On Demand portable. This will make this unit even more appealing to the masses. It works as an On Demand vape or a session unit if that's what you want - kinda like 2 units for the price of one.

Eventually I may need to buy one. I will wait until it gets a little cheaper. I'm happy with the Solo II. I will see how my GH does after I get it back from Hopper Labs next week.

Edit
The new Solo II also has an open air flow draw IMO. As long as you keep the four holes In the bottom of the glass stem from clogging up. Most folks haven't been using a screen.

Last edited:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
How exactly is the airflow compared to the first? That was the one thing I didnt enjoy was how I had to sip it. I really like that I can change out batteries in this but really want to know what the airflow is like first.

I would be willing to call it close to free flowing, no more milkshake. It's really improved over the OG Air.

They even had it charged at about 68%, how nice of them to have some juice to clear off the manufacturer oils. :D

Last edited:

Razor

Awesome. That makes it a must buy for me. Can't wait until it goes down a bit. Something below 200 would be great.

Razor,

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
One gripe I have is not being able to have the silicon case that the OG Air had. I am probably just going to put it on the Air II since it fits and I'm not bothered by the minus and M buttons being covered. It exposes the charging port at the back and it functions the same as it would on the OG Air.

I did a 15 minute session at 428F/220C and the plastic heater cover gets pretty hot, kinda uncomfortable to handle with bare hands or without the case on.

Cheers everyone ;)

b824489181cccca3a8fc0181b837b825.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
One gripe I have is not being able to have the silicon case that the OG Air had. I am probably just going to put it on the Air II since it fits and I'm not bothered by the minus and M buttons being covered. It exposes the charging port at the back and it functions the same as it would on the OG Air.

I did a 15 minute session at 428F/220C and the plastic heater cover gets pretty hot, kinda uncomfortable to handle with bare hands or without the case on

Nice! so .... airpath?.... :ninja:

Shit Snacks,

m0sh

One can only ask, which vape should fit him more? Air II or Solo II ?
It's a bit hard to explain the major differences (since there are pretty much none?), other than the removable batteries?

Better airflow is not a major difference for instance.
More about practical usage.

m0sh,

metaknight

I dab. A lot.

OF

They even had it charged at about 68%, how nice of them to have some juice to clear off the manufacturer oils. :D

Actually, storage at about 2/3 charge is proper. If you ever get one charged to a different level (either discharged or 'fully charged') you should be suspect. Simply sitting at full charge, especially where warm, can kill the battery without even using it. Makers know this and should be following this rule.

Maximum possible battery life calls for fully charging it one time, the very first time you use it. One time only. There after avoiding deep discharge recharging to 'not quite full' rather than 100%. Stopping at 90% (ten percent short) DOUBLES the useful 'cycle life'. You can expect 600 not 300 cycles under the same conditions. Not so important here were changing out a bad 18650 is easy and fast, but the same rules apply with internal Li-ions. Some good information on this kinda stuff here, if it interests you:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

In fact, the military has this 'baked into' many pieces of gear that use Li-ions. They specify a lower recharge voltage (typically 3.95 not 4.20 Volts). They exchange some run time on say a radio, but avoid having to change out batteries for several times longer. Despite what you might read in the papers about the Air Force buying $10,000 hammers, the military ain't dumb when it comes to gear their lives can depend on. It may be ugly, but it's gonna work. Easy to be picky when someone else is paying for it........

So anyway, getting 'new' Li-ions at 2/3 charge is normal and should be expected and questioned when it doesn't happen (is it really new?). For maximum life fully charge (I recommend 'overcharging', leaving it on charge at least four hours......"overnight" basically.....and practice same). Once before any serious use (heating in our case) after which the advantage is forever lost. The maximum possible is set and will only decay (hopefully slowly) over time as it ages. Eventually capacity decays so 'it won't hold a charge' and the owner declares it dead (usually by saying one of several bad, but traditional, ritual words). Thereafter avoid full charge and complete discharges if possible. Deep discharges when warm already (say like squeezing another session out of a week battery......) can be very hard on the Li-ions, even fatal sometimes if allowed to sit that way too long.

Your call of course, but that's my advice and why. Bill follows.

OF

m0sh

So I shouldn't keep my Solo II fully charged in a box?

Room temp now is at 27C +- (when I'm out and about)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't taken mine apart yet as I'm still reviewing its usage. Was hoping @PuffItUp would beat me to it (you've still got plenty of time, bud)!

I thought the Air II would make the Solo II irrelevant for me, but that was not the case. I prefer the feel of the Solo II in the hands (personal opinion) and I like its heavier weight. Both have open enough air flow, but my Air II is noticeably more open...so much so that it whooshes. But the heat up time of the Solo II is great and puts it in the modern era, while the heat up time of the Air II is only slightly better than the original.

@CarolKing - I hope I didn't confuse here with the 2 second timer comment. I like it short for turning it on, but the Air II takes too long to heat up for it to be an on-demand type of unit. The heat up time is really my only gripe about it. Does that make sense?

OF

So I shouldn't keep my Solo II fully charged in a box?

Your call. I certainly wouldn't. Make that 'don't' with mine. It's seen 100% one time and was immediately turned on afterwards and discharged. Since then I use the 'Gadget' I made for the original Solo that automatically cuts charge early (set at about 15% currently IIRC). A current version looks like this:
jy0w0hN.jpg

You plug the normal charger in upper left. Pushing the button lower right causes the processor in the left lower corner to turn the transistor upper right on allowing normal charging to the Solo plugged into the cable. The charge current is monitored with the shunt upper center and when it drops to the level set by the blue adjustment charging stops and the beeper beeps. Works great so far, with both Solo I and now II. I also reduce the 12 VDC to lower voltages. Like to five for Airs and other 'USB charging' vapes. This is the prototype of the 9 Volt version for Ascent, the big FMs and a few others:
w5O6XvM.jpg

That's a prototype Gadget on top and a regulator under it to reduce the output to 9VDC. Several of the 'usual suspects' also have them and AFAIK no batteries have died........

OF

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
If my battery is screwed up I could always buy another one if needed.

I'll probably be taking less dabs and vaping out of my Air II more to get a better feel for the vape. Currently I vape around 385F during the day, and 428F at night.

EDIT: I used the case of my old Dr. Dabber rig (rest in peace) and organized all of my stuff in there :)

1d45ebbc7e557fae576dc2d5e7a44b94.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom