Arizer Air II

OF

Anyone try the cotton trick for concentrates yet? I love vaping concentrates, it's so much more relaxing than taking a dab :D

Yes, lots of us I think. Using many different vapes. I think it was our own @Vitolo that got it started with 'wand hash from the MFLB stem about five years back? At least that was the first I (and IMO a lot of others) had heard of it. There's been a lot of discussion about 'organic' cotton, with the Japanese getting the nod for highest quality product. I pull it out of vitamin bottles, Vitolo pulls his off the end of cotton buds ('Q-tips').

Some metal schemes, like 'concentrate pads' and the special screens for VapMan can produce more vapor faster from a smaller load as cotton is a lousy conductor of heat (and is therefore handicapped in vapes like Solo/Air. Once the cotton is 'loaded' this is not as bad but vapor still tapers off with a lot of concentrate still absorbed? Metal doesn't do that, at least not as badly.

And it shows up in some products, like the FlowerMate 'pod' for concentrates.

I'm not sure Vitolo invented it, of course, but I sure like blaming him.........

OF

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
@OF I meant as a specific address towards the Air II, I realize this method is known and used. I just wanted to see if people were having as good success as I was in the Air II. :tup:

EDIT: I might have to invest in a concentrate pad then, I wonder if any different branded pads fit in the stems.

sickmanfraud

I used to put a wispy piece of cotton on top of my load in the Ascent to keep the stem from clogging. After the cotton was "used up" I added the cotton to a batch of AVB for a tincture.

OF

@OF - got myself a liter of mineral oil :)

Cool. Several lifetimes worth, although I bet you find uses for it (it's a great light load lube, like for door hinges and such). Not to mention cutting boards you come across.......

FWIW I put an ounce or so into one of those dripper bottles the e-cig guys like. Very handy that way. I actually have two, one with a hypodermic needle nose that's most handy. Like these:
https://www.amazon.com/BCP-Plastic-...8&qid=1507641574&sr=8-6&keywords=drip+bottles

OF

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Does anyone who own the Arizer Air 2 own a Solo 2???
Does the Air 2 have the same larger air holes in the heating chamber giving it less draw resistance like the Solo 2???

I know that they opened up the air holes, and knowing Arizer they most likely saved money and used the same heater from the Solo II. Namaste Vapes is the first reviewer I've seen on YouTube that has reviewed the Air II.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I know that they opened up the air holes, and knowing Arizer they most likely saved money and used the same heater from the Solo II. Namaste Vapes is the first reviewer I've seen on YouTube that has reviewed the Air II.

Yeah, that's what the description on their site or some of the vape shops say (that the airflow is improved).

I read someone saying the oven wasn't as powerful as the Solo 2, I don't know if they use the same heater?

I've seen the Namaste Vapes review:
And then TVape has a kind of user guide:

My Air 2 is already in the Air somewhere over the Atlantic, I'll try to type up my own review when I get my hands on it (although I'm worried it'll be help up forever in customs - they're very slow here..)

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I read someone saying the oven wasn't as powerful as the Solo 2, I don't know if they use the same heater?

Pretty sure it's the same heater, but the battery can make a difference on the current, hence why the Solo II has a much faster heatup time. I reminisce in the PA days with the OG Solo, and wonder if they'll ever make a pass through straight to the heater from the wall again. I'm willing to bet that would speed up the heatup time tremendously.

metaknight,
Reactions: ataxian

BigJr48

I'm surprised no other YouTuber has made a review video of the Air 2

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
No doubt....I keep waiting for someone to shed any light on the heating air path and more opinions on the draw resistance.

I'm reluctant to take off any screws, for fear of voiding the warranty. So for now you can refer back to my speculation, it seems like a straight shot from the bottom plastic grill through the holes in the bottom of the crucible, and also air comes through the top too around the glass stem.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I'm reluctant to take off any screws, for fear of voiding the warranty. So for now you can refer back to my speculation, it seems like a straight shot from the bottom plastic grill through the holes in the bottom of the crucible, and also air comes through the top too around the glass stem.

Hm, maybe Puffitup could do a teardown, I know they do those kinds of things.

I was wondering, for those who own the Air II, what are your preferred temps set to, dry stem and/or through water?

It's actually the first vape I have that I can set the temp to 1 degree (Except for the EQ which I don't use).
I usually use my OG Solo set at 4-5 for dry and 5-6 in water.

Wow, only 3 days and my Air is appearantly already in the country. It always goes much faster than expected..but then I always have to wait forever for the damn thing to clear customs. With my nano it took about 2 weeks :rip:

Last edited:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Hm, maybe Puffitup could do a teardown, I know they do those kinds of things.

I was wondering, for those who own the Air II, what are your preferred temps set to, dry stem and/or through water?

It's actually the first vape I have that I can set the temp to 1 degree (Except for the EQ which I don't use).
I usually use my OG Solo set at 4-5 for dry and 5-6 in water.

Depends on what I want to do that day :brow:

I like 380F during the day dry, closer to 400-420F at night dry, and 420-428F for water filtration.

I used to smoke, so I tend to vape at higher temperatures. Some people might get good satisfaction from 365F-375F, it all depends on preference and what actives you want to boil. :p

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Depends on what I want to do that day :brow:

I like 380F during the day dry, closer to 400-420F at night dry, and 420-428F for water filtration.

I used to smoke, so I tend to vape at higher temperatures. Some people might get good satisfaction from 365F-375F, it all depends on preference and what actives you want to boil. :p

Very true!
That's one of the things I like about vaping, that you can control the temp and therefore also the kind of effects you will have.
If it's early and I still need to do things or interact normally with others I like to use the solo at heat setting 3. Not as dense clouds but great Vapor and you get a nice buzz going for a while ;)

dontmindme

Yeah, that's what the description on their site or some of the vape shops say (that the airflow is improved).

I've seen the Namaste Vapes review:
And then TVape has a kind of user guide:

My Air 2 is already in the Air somewhere over the Atlantic, I'll try to type up my own review when I get my hands on it (although I'm worried it'll be help up forever in customs - they're very slow here..)

I wouldnt sterilize the air 2 like in the video. I'd insert the stem and let the gasket shape to the stem and allow the hot air to vent. I would not do it in the video where the debris cap is on atleast.

dontmindme,
Reactions: BigJr48

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
To sterilizing, I always run my Arizer products through a heat cycle before using them. I put my Air II on 428F for 15 minutes, with the heat cap off. I inserted my glass during this time to stretch the gasket that holds the stem.

metaknight,

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Holy fucking shitballs that could be the turning point for me. My biggest gripe with any vape is draw resistance and that my friend is very good news

I like how open the draw resistance is now, even with the black-tipped stem it'll let in as much air as that little hole will let it (which is good enough for me!), and even more so with a glass stem.

I find myself packing the bowl tight to gain draw resistance again :lol:

metaknight,

LabPong

I wonder if we have to wait till after Black Friday to start seeing this vape at all the normal official online suppliers? How much longer do you all expect for this to happen? I can't wait.

LabPong,

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hey folks, I'm wondering as someone who uses daily a vapcap, firewood 4, sticky brick Jr and grasshopper whether or not the air is worth a purchase (I also just picked up a tubo Evic). The solo was my main vape for years, though I notice it smells in comparison to all of my convection Vapes, and the heat up time is unacceptable.

Will the air 2 fill a void in any way in my collection?

sk8man121,
Top Bottom