Arizer Air II

jpdnkstr

Haha yeah I guess my math isn't up to date or I was just deceived:lol:..thinking about it now it can't be right because not all sides are the same size and also like you said, it's not a cube xD

Has anyone tried fitting an Air sleeve on the Air II?
Arizer lists the dimensions exactly the same as the original air - 29 mm in diameter 122 mm long, weighing in at 116 grams:)

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Here's a better source for the Air II battery, I've ordered tons of HG2's from them and can vouch for their authenticity (I would actually trust them more than Arizer in this matter) https://www.illumn.com/18650-panasonic-3400mah-ncr18650b-flat-top.html
HG2 is a much more preferable battery for the AA ,than the Panasonic NCR.
HG2 might have less juice ,but it's much more safer (high current output ) than the Panasonic NCR.
I suspect that goes same for the AA 2 .

Personally I've used HG2 on my Air ,since I bought it.
Never had an issue.
------------------------------------------------------------
To answer to another member's question, who asked about the material of the Air's body(case).
It's not aluminium but anodised stainless steel.
Probably same goes for AA 2.

Just remember to lightly grease the threads of the battery cap ,from time to time,
if you change batteries oftenly .
Use non-toxic teflon based grease (used on bicycles ).
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/gr/en/finish-line-teflon-grease/rp-prod980

Last edited:

BigJr48

HG2 is a much more preferable battery for the AA ,than the Panasonic NCR.
HG2 might have less juice ,but it's much more safer (high current output ) than the Panasonic NCR.
I suspect that goes same for the AA 2 .

Personally I've used HG2 on my Air ,since I bought it.
Never had an issue.
------------------------------------------------------------
To answer to another member's question, who asked about the material of the Air's body(case).
It's not aluminium but anodised stainless steel.
Probably same goes for AA 2.

Just remember to lightly grease the threads of the battery cap ,from time to time,
if you change batteries oftenly .
Use non-toxic teflon based grease (used on bicycles ).
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/gr/en/finish-line-teflon-grease/rp-prod980

I prefer thee Samsung 30Q and the Sony VTC6

Justpassedu

I actually prefer the Panasonic for the Air. I have many other batteries and while it may not be the most powerful , it is safe not only for the air 1 as I been using it since release with it , the air 2 gets the approval from arizer for it. The Air's have been designed to use them safely and I love the longer run time they provide . I also use them in many high powered flashlights for awhile now as well. The Samsung 30q's are nice also as I have a few of those and some other highly rated brands reccomended and talked about on the flashlight forum.

BigJr48

I actually prefer the Panasonic for the Air. I have many other batteries and while it may not be the most powerful , it is safe not only for the air 1 as I been using it since release with it , the air 2 gets the approval from arizer for it. The Air's have been designed to use them safely and I love the longer run time they provide . I also use them in many high powered flashlights for awhile now as well. The Samsung 30q's are nice also as I have a few of those and some other highly rated brands reccomended and talked about on the flashlight forum.

The 30q's keep the unit cool which makes it more comfortable to hold in the hand.

BigJr48,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

dontmindme

Got my air 2 and im pleased. But what the heck does the display flip when its using wpa. I guess i can learn numbers upside down... whats to lose? Or rather keep. Kinda like physics is a conversation.

I just used it once but maybe preseasoning the stem while it heats and retains heat... then you take it out to pack, the moist doja just melts, and conducts...

I dont grind, just take hand torn bits and stuff it in to a resistance and it all forms alright. Less is more even but then the designated temp would change.

Also use a water piece adapter to vacuum the initial burn off and dont inhale.

It might be important mention to insert a stem when doing the initial burn off... it forms the seal which im not liking.

I actually did it without and noticed the seal expanded... it does easily go in and out after this single use. Or maybe it comes that way.

I dont know what the heat sink is made of, feels cheap.... i wish someone would make a wooden one...

Quartz coated wood structure?

I'd say glass, but what is degradiation of sand in soil.

Anyways...

I've honestly bought and never used them.. ever. Firefly, iq... pax. The general material sequence seems okay... since i know it uses peek plastic which was made popular as safer than others such as delrin.

Anyone wanna make me a wooden or titanium heatsink?

I also get the design of it. Four holes. Outward inward to the structure
You build. Conduction build up with convection. Insulating to material target... thats just plant matter.

I probably typed a bunch and press send.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Post after post. Ban me

Still too much resistance on the second insert.

(Answer is to insert and wiggle wobble while its hot.)

It requires less temps with the shorter path...

And on another note... maybe moisture makes vapor invisible?

Kind of like medicine you get isnt seen. I know stem cells be a major table piece.

Anyways...

Sports are interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Post after post. Ban me

Still too much resistance on the second insert.

(Answer is to insert and wiggle wobble while its hot.)

It requires less temps with the shorter path...

And on another note... maybe moisture makes vapor invisible?

Kind of like medicine you get isnt seen. I know stem cells be a major table piece.

Anyways...

Sports are interesting.

I had ordered a GonG from Arizer awhile back and had to get a new one because of an unfortunate crack near the bowl. But I noticed while inserting, even while it was at 410F (OG Air) the stem was a really tight fit, almost too difficult to pull out.

The purchase was an "Arizer Air GonG stem" and the replacement fit a lot better. The replacement was like my normal stems. My normal stems slide in and out with ease yet can stand a good hard shake upside down without budging. The replacement was "Arizer Solo II GonG stem."

So it could possibly be 1) the o-ring seal for the stem is too tight or 2) both of your glass stems were blown a little on the larger side of the threshold.

3 more hours!

dontmindme

The increases glass mass creates a shape of... art approach. If it was flamed polished...

Meaning a spiral contact glass joint doesnt exchange like that.

A scientfic joint is far superior then these manufacturing air pockets.

You should wonder why they 'they' never created a theaded disperse connection. You could control air flow... tighten the stitch.

Whats a rubber band?

Threaded glass to a fit... and its loose to the flow.

Last edited:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Alright boys and gals, I have ordered the Arizer Air II. I chose mystic blue, as blue is my favorite color. I'm going to have to figure out how to rig an old silicon case to fit these new buttons and the charging port, but other than that I'm pleased and excited with my purchase!

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Well, I wrote 'em an e-mail about the sleeve.
They're not planning on making a sleeve for the Air II

Thank you for your email. At this time we do not plan on manufacturing or selling silicone sleeves for the Air II.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Andrew
Arizer Tech
Service@Arizer.com

I still am planning on getting one though.
And while I was browsing their site for a contact option, I found the support site for the Air II:

https://arizer.com/support/air-2/

Lots of info there.

OF

I was also using fresh herb, or not dry... i just prefer the moisture with terpenes, think it deals with their boiling points better.

Glad you're enjoying your new Air.

You might wish to explore the curing part a bit more, it's entirely possible to remove the water (well most of it) without disturbing the terpenes.

Not only does doing so reduce the 'time to vapor' (since evaporating the water off has to happen first, it will 'steal' the heat from making the vapor we want) but the water condenses just above the heat source and boosts the fouling a LOT. This is something that came up early on with the MFLB. Feed it well cured herb and it stays clean and delivers excellent vapor, feed it moist herb and a gooey mess (sorry to use the technical terms) forms that defies removal and FOULS THE TASTE over time. The old 'oil and water thing'?

Far be it from me to tell a guy who thinks he's having fun he's not, just suggesting you reconsider cure. Most of us that did have decided curing has serious advantages and little downside. Lots of stories of 'converts'........

Regards to all.

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Well, I wrote 'em an e-mail about the sleeve.
They're not planning on making a sleeve for the Air II

Thank you for your email. At this time we do not plan on manufacturing or selling silicone sleeves for the Air II.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Andrew
Arizer Tech
Service@Arizer.com

I still am planning on getting one though.
And while I was browsing their site for a contact option, I found the support site for the Air II:

https://arizer.com/support/air-2/

Lots of info there.

I've just sent them an email asking about making a silicone case. There's enough people on this thread, that if we all emailed them they would notice it.

dontmindme

I guess it depends on the effect trying to be established. I wonder if it allows you to absorb it differently? I don't really know...

Arizer. Make a system to vacuum the stem in a pattern sequenced cause forming is out of the question, spiraling out the temperature of the stem and the decompression of silicone.

Or do glass and glass on a number change threaded connection to reintroduce room to temp air flow.

Im just sending off.

Last edited by a moderator:
dontmindme,
Reactions: ataxian

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I've just sent them an email asking about making a silicone case. There's enough people on this thread, that if we all emailed them they would notice it.

I would totally buy one if they made one specifically for the Air II.. If they don't make one by the time that I order my PVHES, then I'll just buy an Air sleeve off of their site to save shipping costs.

Justpassedu

Weirdest thing happened just now. I had some particle make there way up a clean stem so I went to rinse it with room temperature water and while the stem was at room temp and the entire glass screen just fell out down my drain. I guess the welds were crap , looks like a clean break so I popped in as screen for the time being but this is a 2 use old stem. Maybe they are being made cheaper as this never happened in all my years using my og air stems .

OF

I guess the welds were crap , looks like a clean break so I popped in as screen for the time being but this is a 2 use old stem.

Weird indeed, but probably not a 'weld' in the usual sense? Fusing glass is messy, look at the stem on a fine wine glass where it's fused to the base. Unlike metals, glass gets 'rubbery' long before it melts and could fuse. Even done in furnace with fixtures getting a solid connection smooth and even with no 'bead' doesn't happen. Think, rather, they are one piece, 'blown' into a compound mold (Graphite is the common material here I understand) which is pulled off in pieces as the glass cools. Similar to how glass bottles are made but from drawn glass tube? Expensive to set up, but 'dirt cheap' to produce.

A stress fracture would easily run around the flat part as the cylindrical part expanded and contracted a few times. That would be normal, like a crack in your car windshield growing over time. I could even see it trapped mechanically for a while once the stress had driven it 360 degrees.

Or not. Still fun/unique. You should be proud. @ataxian is sure to be jealous, you might want to watch out. I'm not saying he'd put the grabs on your stem or anything, but some folks say........

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Weird indeed?
Or not. Still fun/unique. You should be proud. @ataxian is sure to be jealous, you might want to watch out. I'm not saying he'd put the grabs on your stem or anything, but some folks say........

OF

I'm normally a pretty even level headed homo-sapient!

However I'm pissed off!
GonG'S are the lamest adapters know to CIVILIZATION!

My SOLO (PINK) man's color. Will not die? "OLD"!
AIR 2 is on my list. (don't need it however I want one!)

OF

However I'm pissed off!
GonG'S are the lamest adapters know to CIVILIZATION!

"Easy there, big fellow" as the Lone Ranger used to say......

I agree, they are a weak link for sure. Consider the humble hookah. Metal stem, strip of cloth for a gasket, bowl of low fired clay and a pebble partially blocking the hole. Cheap, efficient and expendable. Tough standard for sure.

OK, we're restricting it to Solo/Air stems? Making the bowl is problematic given our experience with Ed's stems. Not deal killers for everyone (some insist on no SS), but best avoided? Glass seems to be the ideal material for the bowl from many perspectives except of course being breakable.

So how about a Delrin or Teflon adapter for the stock straight stems. Or even glazed ceramic with o-rings.......

Just expect the glass part to die sometimes, they're cheap enough to stash a couple?

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Since I joined FC, and over the years, I had to study the various material properties (and their safety implications that we are not allowed to discuss in the product threads, surely to avoid much redundancy, even if I don't necessarily agree with that rule)

It's a fascinating subject, but somehow I wished it didn't become a requirement. Five years ago for instance, I never imagined I would have to worry whether say polyimide tape vapor was safe to inhale or not... But I digress.

The thing is, there's no magical material out there, they all have their short-comings. But from a health perspective, I didn't find anything that could beat glass. In fact, I didn't find any reported case of glass allergy (when all metals can be problematic, including the often labeled "bio-inert" Titanium, which a friend of mine unfortunately had his body reject the surgical implants he received after an accident)

The only theoretical concern we collectively identified on FC would be fine glass dust particles formation from the GonG joints grinding over time. And the proposed solution is to lubricate your joints, like they do with laboratory glassware.

But yeah, sorry my good man @ataxian, the thing breaks, and way too easily sometimes... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom