• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad?

vape4life

Banned for life
"It's over when I say it's over"! (to Saul the lawyer) lol

Fuck I can't wait till next week, this addiction is strong and i'm definitely in withdrawl! All this after a year long T-break from the show! lol

vape4life,

steiner666

Serial vapist
THE most engaging plot and best character development i've ever witness in a TV show, back at the beginning of season 1 i was unsure, seemed like it was just going to be a downer of a show but WOW does it get interesting, exciting. by the end of season 1 every single ep just leaves you wanting more, NEEDING more, and its not really done by any of the cheap cliffhangers that other shows use to blueball you and get you to tune in next week for more (tho there are some), its by just making you really CARE about the characters and what happens to them next, what you would do in their shoes, etc.

Possibly the most admirable thing is how the story is still so good even 5 seasons into it, it doesnt seem like most other shows where they clearly only had the story for the first season or two written and the rest got tacked on as an afterthought and some cheap way to milk the popularity of the series for all its worth. I dont know if it was or not, but the show seems liek the whole story for the entire series was written before it even started, there is no "filler", no milking. It's ending while its still good, before it becomes stale, something few american tv series do.

Not enough good things can be said about this show really, it deserves all of the popularity and awards its been getting lately.

cluffy

Vaker
Agreed steiner666. I started watching '24' from the beginning a couple months ago while waiting for the new Breaking Bad and I've been disappointed. I'm still watching well into season 3 but only to see how this train wreck just keeps going. I don't like any of the characters, I actually cheered when Jack Bauer's wife was killed at the end of season 1 I hated her so much!!!
Anyway, here's hoping Mike, Walter, and Jesse can work together for as long as it lasts!!!!

cluffy,
The new season is amazing. I got caught up last year in anticipation for Season 5, and I have to say - the new season is incredible.

AMC makes really great shows. While I don't much care for Mad Man, it's garnered critical and audience acclaim. Walking Dead is also amazing... Easily as good as the graphic novels.

kingofnull,
Do you mean Mike?

I agree the most recent episode was a little weak. TBH, I care less about Walt's family life than I did in past seasons. It seems that Walt is becoming more Heisenberg every episode.

I love Jesse and Walt's new cook setup though.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Jurassic

X24

I was MAJORLY disappointed by the season 5 premier. I was overwhelmingly hooked again from the last couple of episodes.

Although, it does seem to me they try and use too many tools to convey what the characters are thinking. The change in clothing, the general posture and interactions. When characters just kinda stand around, like Sky did before she walked into the pool. I mean, it was VERY obvious how she was feeling, you don't need to have her awkwardly walk away and stand there in shot for so damn long just to add another cue.

Still, I'm watching this thing like it's my job. Can't wait to see how Lydia plays out. They made it pretty obvious she planted the tracking device herself, and Jesse said she seems like she knows what she's doing. I really want see inside of her head.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I agree.

There has been alot of emphasis on Sky's mental state in this season and especially last episode. Still think it's been pretty good so far, and I eagerly look forward to Sunday night every week.

tranceporter,
Although, it does seem to me they try and use too many tools to convey what the characters are thinking. The change in clothing, the general posture and interactions. When characters just kinda stand around, like Sky did before she walked into the pool. I mean, it was VERY obvious how she was feeling, you don't need to have to awkwardly walk away and stand there in shot for so damn long just to add another cue.

I generally like this, but I agree, the Skylar pool scene was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. It was also way obvious how it was going to unfurl.

kingofnull,
Reactions: X24

SmokingElectricity

Bob Odenkirk was born to play Saul Goodman. GOAT quote.

“If you’re committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it.”

Saul-Goodman-BB.jpg

steiner666

Serial vapist
Couldn't agree more about Skyler being a major drama bitch this season. I didn't like her back when she didn't know about walts cooking, but last season or so she was ok, but now shes's just unbearable again. I hope she dies soon.

Did u guys hear about their plans to split this last season into 2 seasons? I hope not...

steiner666,

Jurassic

Couldn't agree more about Skyler being a major drama bitch this season. I didn't like her back when she didn't know about walts cooking, but last season or so she was ok, but now shes's just unbearable again. I hope she dies soon.

Did u guys hear about their plans to split this last season into 2 seasons? I hope not...

I hate her too, always have. I think they could have picked someone alot better for that role.

According to Wikipedia:

On August 14, 2011, AMC announced that Breaking Bad was renewed for a fifth and final season consisting of 16 episodes.[2] The season will be split into two parts, each consisting of 8 episodes. The first half premiered on July 15, 2012, with a plot based around reviving the meth cooking and dealing. The second half of the split season is said to be premiering in summer 2013.[3]
[edit] Continued storyline

Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."[50]
At Comic-Con 2012, Gilligan addressed the possibility, saying: "I love the idea of it [...] But I have to say that my writers and I intend to tell every bit of story we can tell in this final sixteen. So, at this moment in time, I would say that the odds are a bit remote. If we were [to] – a year or two down the line – think of something else [...], who knows? Your guess is as good as mine at this point."[51]
He later clarified in an interview on July 18, 2012, that he has no plans for a film, and that Cranston's remarks are the only thing fueling the speculation.[52] But Gilligan has also hinted at a possible spin-off series focusing on lawyer character Saul Goodman.[52]
Cast member Betsy Brandt told TODAY.com that, "[t]here is a big director that would like to direct the last episode as a movie and put it in theaters."[53]

Jurassic,

X24

I hate her too, always have. I think they could have picked someone alot better for that role.

According to Wikipedia:

On August 14, 2011, AMC announced that Breaking Bad was renewed for a fifth and final season consisting of 16 episodes.[2] The season will be split into two parts, each consisting of 8 episodes. The first half premiered on July 15, 2012, with a plot based around reviving the meth cooking and dealing. The second half of the split season is said to be premiering in summer 2013.[3]
[edit] Continued storyline

Bryan Cranston has hinted that the series may continue after the season 5 finale, stating "Vince (Gilligan) feels that now we have too much story. We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes. It's not far-fetched. I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end. If it doesn't end up in a total apocalypse, who knows? Maybe we could revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is."[50]
At Comic-Con 2012, Gilligan addressed the possibility, saying: "I love the idea of it [...] But I have to say that my writers and I intend to tell every bit of story we can tell in this final sixteen. So, at this moment in time, I would say that the odds are a bit remote. If we were [to] – a year or two down the line – think of something else [...], who knows? Your guess is as good as mine at this point."[51]
He later clarified in an interview on July 18, 2012, that he has no plans for a film, and that Cranston's remarks are the only thing fueling the speculation.[52] But Gilligan has also hinted at a possible spin-off series focusing on lawyer character Saul Goodman.[52]
Cast member Betsy Brandt told TODAY.com that, "[t]here is a big director that would like to direct the last episode as a movie and put it in theaters."[53]

Don't do this, you corporate whores. You try and exploit such a good series, and it'll turn into shit really quick.

End it this season. End it for good.

X24,

Jurassic

lol yep like Seinfeld! Only with a better finale!

Ah whatever though, it's awesome...the longer it lasts as long as it's good.

Jurassic,
Reactions: X24
Top Bottom