• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
nostalgic! I had a power hitter back in the day! saw one at a buddy's house last month, he tried to give it to me but I just don't do joints any more.
Yep ... officially retired and hasn't been used this century ... thankfully

Happy New Year

It may only show in your math skills.
I think you have 3 yrs yet to go in this boring category, you gotta break into 71 to level up.
Happy Birthday, young man!
We'll leave the light on for you.
Thanks Viking ... doesn't make me feel any younger though and now I've got 13 to get to the top of the ladder 🤣

Have a Happy New Years Eve kid

coolbreeze

Well .... made it to 68 and now officially in the final two years of the 61-70 percentile ... does it show?

20231230-200439.jpg
Happy Birthday! I still have my Powerhitter too!

budski

cantre member
that ones Kansas monolith for me or maybe cheech & chong's sleeping beauty,,, I don't know most of my double albums prolly have some crumbs I should go check!, probly be a bit stale
1efd7f97307ac1d13d63b062875dcf8e.jpg

yep just checked the big bamu cover has stains in the crease but no crumbs, still have the paper though!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

still have the paper though!
Ah! You have been a man of exemplary discipline!

We were lucky to have a local radio station that broadcast live music events at least a couple times a week, so we were well-introduced to live recordings very early on (I recorded the first time Rush played town live off the radio at age 13). I had a collection of tapes and live albums (and live bootlegs) in high school that shaped everything that followed. Part of what followed is a collection of GD tapes that includes every available live performance, including those made by the young musicians before they united, in their best versions (ca 2022), as well as large sweeps of their solo and post-dead careers. And thousands of hours of live Pink Floyd, Stones, Miles, other rock and jazz greats and not-so-greats, etc. over a couple dozen hard drives and hundreds of archival DVDs. ; P

Records are great and singles fun, but live is where it's at.

Last edited:
Ah! You have been a man of exemplary discipline!

We were lucky to have a local radio station that broadcast live music events at least a couple times a week, so we were well-introduced to live recordings very early on (I recorded the first time Rush played town live off the radio at age 13). I had a collection of tapes and live albums (and live bootlegs) in high school that shaped everything that followed. Part of what followed is a collection of GD tapes that includes every available live performance, including those made by the young musicians before they united, in their best versions (ca 2022), as well as large sweeps of their solo and post-dead careers. And thousands of hours of live Pink Floyd, Stones, Miles, other rock and jazz greats and not-so-greats, etc. over a couple dozen hard drives and hundreds of archival DVDs. ; P

Records are great and singles fun, but live is where it's at.
Live events.... IMO.... a "spiritual experience" .......

Rush / Farewell to Kings tour (Odessa, Tx '77), Frampton / Comes alive (Lubbock TX '77) Texas Jam 1 & 2 (Dallas TX 78/79), Triumph First American tour 1 of 5 shows in Texas '78 (Midland Tx) I was blow away when Rik Emmet opened the act with the Blinding Light Show..... (unknown band to me, prior to the show.... we just went to the concerts cause.... it was music, and carrying of course, a pack of right handers and a pack of left handers....) so many more.... and never more than $10 for a ticket....

Lifetime dream fulfilled... 2018 Alan Parsons Project (Odessa, TX).... I was on a natural the whole show....

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Was discussing cleaning stems and seeds using a double album cover with some younger people. The first question was ”stems and seeds?” The second was “what’s a double album cover?”

Great stuff. We should have a separate thread, just on what double albums did you use to clean your weed?
Mine was the Beatles white album, and it's still in the basement with my old LP collection. (and yes, it still has some residue in the crease)
Remember if you held the cover at just the right angle, you could get the seeds to just roll down the sleeve.

And who didn't try making stem tea?

Happy Birthday @macbill !!!

Top Bottom