• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Picture a baggie hanging off that.

Now picture it half-full of stems and seeds, half-full of brown, compressed, indistinguishable floral matter and dust. Now, keep that firmly in mind as someone waxes to you about the good old days! ; )
Didn't know about the scale but I feel you about the anecdote above 😂

You didn't ask questions... you just accepted whatever was in that bag and prayed for the best.

Can you imagine the look on the dealer's face if you started asking about what the genus of the strain was, what the terpene spectrum was like, etc etc? You'd either lose the deal, possibly get yelled at and/or roughed up or maybe just get looked at like you were an alien with a scrotum for a face.

We are living in the Golden Age of weed compared to those days.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yes, we sure are! And now we're smart enough to vape it. ; )
Damn straight! I cry a little bit when I think of someone combusting some of the beautiful strains we have available today 😪

Sometimes my wife will walk into the garage after I've vaped and say it smells like lavender, or vanilla, or incense or potpourri. Shame to burn it all up.

coolbreeze

Damn straight! I cry a little bit when I think of someone combusting some of the beautiful strains we have available today 😪

Sometimes my wife will walk into the garage after I've vaped and say it smells like lavender, or vanilla, or incense or potpourri. Shame to burn it all up.
You said it! I sort of feel the same way when I see something like a sticky brick or RWW glass vape and realize we could have been vaping all along. Well, once the herbs actually had a moisture content.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You said it! I sort of feel the same way when I see something like a sticky brick or RWW glass vape and realize we could have been vaping all along. Well, once the herbs actually had a moisture content.
Good point. Heat energy through controlled use of a flame could've dominated vaping and maybe evolved way earlier if vaping had caught on and become popular.

Battery tech still struggles with vaping needs today and there will always be those that are drawn to a flame for many reasons with nostalgia likely a big one, as well as preserving the trappings of earlier days.

budski

cantre member
why hasn't a glass herb roaster been a thing for a long time? I've always been a guy that likes to take whispy little hits off the green at the edge of the bowl with absolute minimum flame to get that low-temp terpy flavor and stretch the weed.
wish I could go back to 1989 and give my self a dynavaphit

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
why hasn't a glass herb roaster been a thing for a long time? I've always been a guy that likes to take whispy little hits off the green at the edge of the bowl with absolute minimum flame to get that low-temp terpy flavor and stretch the weed.
wish I could go back to 1989 and give my self a dynavaphit
aka "cornering" a bowl... dead giveaway if a person was a newb, douche or just plain wasted by how they sparked a bowl... Imo, "cornering" is def a precursor to vaping and I'm even convinced much of getting high burning is/was the result of the actual vaping that is going on just before it ignites.... It ALL makes perfect sense!:hmm::tup:

coolbreeze

aka "cornering" a bowl... dead giveaway if a person was a newb, douche or just plain wasted by how they sparked a bowl... Imo, "cornering" is def a precursor to vaping and I'm even convinced much of getting high burning is/was the result of the actual vaping that is going on just before it ignites.... It ALL makes perfect sense!:hmm::tup:
Essential skills of yore: cornering a bowl, stopping a joint from boating (or running), holding a roach until it was actually done, clearing your one-hitter, rolling a doob, pinching the seeds out of an otherwise unmolested bud, sizing up a sack by eye, giving a shotgun. There are others but due to my unrelenting skill-acquisition, I don't remember them!
A Nickel weighted 5 grams, a Penny 2.5 grams...... LOL.... Some shady characters needed be held accountable.
We used nickles and dimes, but they were for quarters and halves. We didn't really do 1/8ths until weed was good enough (domestic "sinsie" production v. imported brick weed) to sell by the gram in the 80s. I can remember getting quarter pounds in high school for ~$90 (Oz for $35, half for $20, quarter for $10).

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I used to use a set of these scales as a youth!
s-l1200.jpg

Of course the little weights always got lost but the UK penny weighs an eighth and a tuppence weighs a quarter. Always had pennies lying around lol.

Funny how the same methods were used across the miles!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
While I do remember using these little pocket scales well, I also remember the triple-beams courtesy of WJH science dept that were floating around everywhere, haha... and then I bought one at a head shop in Nashua, NH (Headlines) after my first successful harvest in the late 80's... still have it!
2018-04-12222356%2B00001.jpg

We used nickles and dimes, but they were for quarters and halves. We didn't really do 1/8ths until weed was good enough (domestic "sinsie" production v. imported brick weed) to sell by the gram in the 80s. I can remember getting quarter pounds in high school for ~$90 (Oz for $35, half for $20, quarter for $10).
Used coins to check calibration in the 70's..... I was 2 hours from the southern border (El Paso).... brick weed was 75/80 - lb. Oz's $10, matchbox 3-5 bucks, lol.....
Then Ronald Raygun .... price exploded.

coolbreeze

While I do remember using these little pocket scales well, I also remember the triple-beams courtesy of WJH science dept that were floating around everywhere, haha... and then I bought one at a head shop in Nashua, NH (Headlines) after my first successful harvest in the late 80's... still have it!
2018-04-12222356%2B00001.jpg
The triple-beam was above my pay grade. One guy I use to go to for hash would sit there and weigh out grams on the tone arm of his high-end turntable. He's load up one of those six-shooter one-hitters with hash, drop it on the bong, pop the cartridge back in and crank the Yes and go to town. Ah, the good old days...*
920c23_2369a397b89d4ba8b305828aa7386fb1~mv2.jpg

*were not ALL crispy brick weed.

budski

cantre member
"wish I could go back to 1979 and give my self a dynavap."

The hit would have just tortured me til 2016 so I would have given myself future-tech, Temporal Prime Directive be damned.
I thought about in high skool, but I didn't have access to that dank UW "jar weed" till the late 80s when I lived at the Pass (couldn't put it in plastic bags, it stuck to everything but glass)

coolbreeze

I thought about in high skool, but I didn't have access to that dank UW "jar weed" till the late 80s when I lived at the Pass (couldn't put it in plastic bags, it stuck to everything but glass)
I remember being like, "Well, that joint won't smoke..." We were a little baffled on how to deal with our sudden turn of fortunes, the fouled scissors, the compressed bits, and the stickiness everywhere. I just gave up on doobs for the most part and went with bong hits & bowls. Now that you mention it, though, the weed i get is nowhere near as "resinated" as that stuff was.

Top Bottom