• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
The first question was ”stems and seeds?”
I had a fraternity brother in my pledge class in 87…that was his hell week nickname.

Awesome Sean Penn GIF

mine was the Maytag muffdiver

Jumping GIF by Ovation TV

badbee

Great stuff. We should have a separate thread, just on what double albums did you use to clean your weed?
Mine was the Beatles white album, and it's still in the basement with my old LP collection. (and yes, it still has some residue in the crease)
Remember if you held the cover at just the right angle, you could get the seeds to just roll down the sleeve.

And who didn't try making stem tea?

Happy Birthday @macbill !!!
Back in the day my friends and I were Frisbee fiends so we usually used a big one for cleaning. At least they don't let the seeds drop all over the damn floor :)

You don't see people with Frisbee's so much anymore, probably too much physical effort.

coolbreeze

Back in the day my friends and I were Frisbee fiends so we usually used a big one for cleaning. At least they don't let the seeds drop all over the damn floor :)

You don't see people with Frisbee's so much anymore, probably too much physical effort.
Perfect for the car. "Why, no, officer, that Frisbee is not for cleaning weed, it's for wholesome activities."

coolbreeze

I was one of them "Long Haired Freaky People"....
The Five Man Electric Band - Signs
Dude, that was my official protest song as a child! I felt it so deeply! I still find plenty of occasions when it comes to mind and mouth! "Do this, don't do that!"

"Imagine that! Me, working for you!"
lnDvZtsnWfnnX4T0KA.webp

I musta forgot about the glorious Partridge-esque backing vocals!

"You ain't supposed to BE HEEERE!"
mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

LOL.... In '79/80 there was a touring bar band in Texas named "Heyoka" based out of San Antonio.... a few of their songs got radio play.... one I remember was..... Disco Sucks !!!!

I was one of them "Long Haired Freaky People"....
The Five Man Electric Band - Signs
Thx for posting that link...have not heard that in a long time...I graduated HS in '73 and moved down on UT's campus where I worked in a clothing store for a few months...does anybody remember when streaking got a little crazy ?
They closed off the main drag thru campus here and people lined the streets and were on top of buildings as streakers went down the street one after the other...local radio stations covered it...went on for hours...

Thx for posting that link...have not heard that in a long time...I graduated HS in '73 and moved down on UT's campus where I worked in a clothing store for a few months...does anybody remember when streaking got a little crazy ?
They closed off the main drag thru campus here and people lined the streets and were on top of buildings as streakers went down the street one after the other...local radio stations covered it...went on for hours...
UT.... I am guessing you are speaking Austin? Bet it was a blast there, then. Watch Out Ethel......
Ray Stevens -- The Streak

Comfortably Numb

UT.... I am guessing you are speaking Austin? Bet it was a blast there, then. Watch Out Ethel......
No sir...Tennessee...but I have been to Austin a couple of times...at that time it was a fantastic town.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I'm about a decade younger than the current conversation but damn I remember some of these references including this one. My parents had a bunch of 70's K-tel type greatest hits vinyl and this was on one of them so I guess it topped the charts at some point.

"If there's an audience to be found, he'll be streaking around in spite of public critique". 😆

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think I still have some k-tel records down cellar. My first record was CCR's Willy and the Poor Boys.

The thing about music is everything changes over time; my age, life, weed. But not the songs. You can still listen to the songs you played so long ago and they're still the same. Like frozen in time.
To this day, when I play Riders on the Storm it sends a jolt up my spine. Especially the start with the rain and thunder, and then that keyboard rif starts. I almost imagine I can open my eyes and I'm 18 again and in my dorm room.

Top Bottom