• 36 ---- 48

• 49 ---- 60

• 61 ---- 70

• 71 ---- 80

• 80 +

Results are only viewable after voting.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've never stumbled upon this thread before, though I was wondering recently about the age of FC'ers.

My entry puts me already in rarified air, in the 71-80 contingent (72 now).
Not many of us, guys, I guess we're a dying breed!
(That used to be my 'comedy' line as a tobacco smoker -- now just inevitable!)

Last edited:

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Just over half a Century.
Anything over 50 years old is technicaly an antique. Dont think going grey and getting wrinkles constitutes a fine patina tho....
And now I hav'nt smoked since starting vaping, i might loose that tobbacco stained look, could reduce my value.

All you disco haters..... mostley right but there is good disco.
Nile Rodgers is a guitar god. Bass is shit hot on most of his tracks too. If you can play ,you know im right.....

He also played/wrote guitar for David Bowie.
I dare you to crank it, listen, and not want to move.....

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Just entered my age cohort. I'm in the elite! The 2.1%!!!!! Is there a special badge or discount for being this old and using? I can't believe that there aren't more of us oldsters here.

Been using reefer since the fall of 1967. That's 56 years! Wow!

I quit smoking cigarettes exactly 10 years ago tomorrow, when I decided that I didn't want to be one of those elderly smokers standing outside in the rain and coughing in front of the nursing home.:) It will be exactly nine years since I stopped smoking joints and pipes and turned to vaping. If I hadn't quit cigs and smoking dope, I can't imagine how I'd still be agressive bicycling and hiking over the hills where I live.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just entered my age cohort. I'm in the elite! The 2.1%!!!!! Is there a special badge or discount for being this old and using? I can't believe that there aren't more of us oldsters here.

Been using reefer since the fall of 1967. That's 56 years! Wow!

I quit smoking cigarettes exactly 10 years ago tomorrow, when I decided that I didn't want to be one of those elderly smokers standing outside in the rain and coughing in front of the nursing home.:) It will be exactly nine years since I stopped smoking joints and pipes and turned to vaping. If I hadn't quit cigs and smoking dope, I can't imagine how I'd still be agressive bicycling and hiking over the hills where I live.
Hey, we need every vote we can muster!. Before I became #15, the count was only 2%!

You and I have paralell paths-- re the cannabis, not the running and cycling!

My first cannabis was summer of 1966, though I didn't take it up in earnest until 1970.

I stopped cigarettes, after about a zillion of them, 12-1/2 yrs ago. Even air started to taste good after a bit...

And thanks for the reminder. Next week will mark 10 years since I took my first hit from a vaporizer (Pax) and never looked back. Fuck Combustion!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Hey, we need every vote we can muster!. Before I became #15, the count was only 2%!

You and I have paralell paths-- re the cannabis, not the running and cycling!

My first cannabis was summer of 1966, though I didn't take it up in earnest until 1970.

I stopped cigarettes, after about a zillion of them, 12-1/2 yrs ago. Even air started to taste good after a bit...

And thanks for the reminder. Next week will mark 10 years since I took my first hit from a vaporizer (Pax) and never looked back. Fuck Combustion!
Fuck Combustion!!!!!!!

PS: I think we've chatted before, given your FC screen name: I'm at my little second home in Newfoundland around the corner from the only confirmed Viking site in North America beyond Greenland: Lanse aux Meadows National Historic Park at the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland. Vikings 'r Us!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
8 years ago, when the poIl was initiated (if the percentages were similar), I'd just make the biggest group... now I'm in the 4th... daaayum! :disgust:

Edit: first time I got high was the summer after 5th grade, so like 11yo '77? Something like that... We all had older sibs... and Carter :tup:

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
67 and sliding fast towards 68 ... been sacrament indulging for over 50 years and looking forward to being a member of that 2.1% bracket in a few :myday:

My son recently bought me a t shirt which reads "So when is this old enough to know better thing supposed to kick in?"

Okla68

Wow...guess I'm an Elitist at 74...2.2%
When I joined FC I was in the 9.9% group...graduated to the 2.2% a few years ago...to be honest, had No Idea that there was soo many of us geriatrics. And as someone stated, a "Dying Group" !
I haven't Combusted Cannabis since I joined the group in 2017. And to think, I used to Combust 4-5 joints a day...yuk !
Consumed (combusted) my first Cannabis the spring of '69, by the spring of '70 I was a daily user. Still at it only vaporization instead of combustion !

coolbreeze

first time I got high was the summer after 5th grade, so like 11yo '77? Something like that... We all had older sibs... and Carter :tup:
Almost me! I'm 61, started the summer after 6th grade in '74 in the rusting Midwest. Two pink Js in the woods next to my buddy's house and then off to a very strange bowling session! Never looked back. After decades of mostly bowls and bong hits, I quit cigs in spring of '17, got a DBV and DV and quit combustion the next year. I do enjoy desktops but my first vaping loves are the manual vapes since they remind me of past habits. Bricks (especially bong-toppers), Lotus, Dynavaps, Vapmans...Love 'em all.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Almost me! I'm 61, started the summer after 6th grade in '74 in the rusting Midwest. Two pink Js in the woods next to my buddy's house and then off to a very strange bowling session! Never looked back. After decades of mostly bowls and bong hits, I quit cigs in spring of '17, got a DBV and DV and quit combustion the next year. I do enjoy desktops but my first vaping loves are the manual vapes since they remind me of past habits. Bricks (especially bong-toppers), Lotus, Dynavaps, Vapmans...Love 'em all.
Ha! Well, maybe I didn't get the years exactly right (I'm 56, born in '66), but I remember it all very clearly. I know it was the summer after 5th cuz I had just gotten back from the first year of boarding school (Fessenden in Newton) my 'rents stuck me in to keep me from the "poison of the crowd" (Lou Reed ref) where incidentally, I happened to learn of much more nefarious substances very quickly... But anyway, that summer while building a tree fort in a buddy's backyard, we swiped some bud from his much older bro, walked downtown and bought a Tops rolling machine, papers and tobaccy kit from The Humidor. Then went back to the fort, rolled up the weed and proceeded to "dork" (laff uncontrollably) whilst rolling around and down in the dirt and debris of the forest hillside floor.... it was simply GLORIOUS! And the beginning of a truly profound lifelong love affair.... everything else is spot on! :cheers::spliff::leaf::tup::peace:

I don't give a shit if people know how old I am. I'm so fuckin' done (somewhat) hiding my cannabis lifestyle and other BS like that... It don't mean fuckall!

Edit:

Lou Reed - Beginning of a Great Adventure - New York

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had just gotten back from the first year of boarding school (Fessenden in Newton) my 'rents stuck me in to keep me from the "poison of the crowd"
Ha!
My parents didn't ship me off until 10th grade! The mean streets of suburban Long Island were making me "not live up to my potential". :shrug:
I can't fault the 'rents; my homeboy best friend became a heroin addict about a year later...
My life was enhanced by a 2 yr. HD christian education that taught me to steer clear of all of that religiosity hocus-pocus going forward, so...it's all worked out! :rolleyes: :tup:

coolbreeze

the first year of boarding school (Fessenden in Newton) my 'rents stuck me in to keep me from the "poison of the crowd"
My parents didn't ship me off until 10th grade! The mean streets of suburban Long Island were making me "not live up to my potential". :shrug:
Lol. After freshman year my parents finally relented (without choice) and sent me to public school, where I got in much less trouble. Where I came up there was nothing but 'potential' and not much 'actual.' How I got to a little bit of 'actual' still baffles me, but I guess life's like Journey Cake, Ho! If you just roll with it sometimes you end up on top of the hill.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I’m a baby boomer, born in 1960. I’m 63 years old. I have been a cannabis user since 1973. And I truly believe that it help saved my life. I have depression, anxiety disorder and Complex PTSD. I don’t think I would have survived if it wasn’t in my life. I stopped smoking it about 12 years ago, and started my commitment to vaping.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
"So when is this old enough to know better thing supposed to kick in?"
your older than me and I been asking that my whole life :rofl:. just hit 40 so I guess I only just got to the top of the hill, hope coasting down it aint to bad, looks awful steep. kinda crappy my sense of humour/ability to have rational thought process will never get and better than my 5 year old mentality before I hit the bottom of the hill, but at least my inner child sees how steep the hill is and thinks, that looks fun to ride my bike down and not touch the breaks lmao

budski

cantre member
I hate admitting I'm a boomer as ageism is as heavy as racism these days! I wasn't born with a touch screen in my hand and can't use a game controller, I think every kid born in this century should be forced to get a dot matrix printer to work with a cheap 386 that can barley run win '95,
any way approaching 50yrs of dancing with the devil weed.

coolbreeze

I think every kid born in this century should be forced to
...learn to heat a Dynavap for god's sake!
dynashout.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What I really wanna know is, who that 1 (out of 797 of us) 80+, quite possibly 90+ yo is....? Talk about "stoner wisdom".... it'd prolly be pretty f'n cool to "peel that onion", so to speak.... :bowdown:

Edit:
Sorry, no energy to look back to see if it's known... so either way.... :bowdown:

Last edited:
Top Bottom