A Piece of Art: Just got my new Myrtlezap(lots of pictures included)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
SpiralArchitect said:
Rick said:
Good job Duh.
I was wondering if this would be civil.
I happen to believe everything I said, especially the Eternal Now Moment.
Maybe I made a mistake even offering anything here?

Enjoy

Rick
Being a PD owner, I had very little to add to this thread. But I did want to extend my thanks for stopping by and giving us your side of the story Rick. It's always nice to see the manufacturers take pride and joy in their product, sharing their trials, tribulations and 'little lifes secrets' with us. Please don't take anything personally, and thank you for your contributions to the Vaporizing world. Don't hesitate to 'stick around'. :)

[edit: I'm totally a believer in the Eternal Now Moment too..... :cool:]
This has been exactly my thoughts on this thread.

Rick, thanks for stopping by here, it shows alot about you and your company, i hope to continue to see you around.

Survivalism,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the forum Rick, good to see you here.
Haven't read the other posts.
Still farminng? Sounds great!

Yes, working too hard. But enjoying. Back to it, just stopped for lunch.

Purple-Days,

marcuss

above the clouds
Thanks Rick to come here and tell us your story....FUCK COMBUSTION is proud when a vape maker join us and share his knowledge no matter the kind of vape he build.....Our target is to bring to the people stories and facts that they cannot find elsewhere and your post is gold for all us.
Then anyone can build his free opinion....
Obviously you can find a problem child in any good family :rolleyes:

bless the vapor!

marcuss,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks all, including Duh. I understand your concerns. That is why Tom did what he did. That's the free market at work. Yes, I too was very upset with the Bush years.
FYI
I do not use spell check. I check my own spelling and sometimes I miss. BFD
I did not copy/paste anything in my first post on this forum. I use those thingies when I make different points.
I have given countless Zaps and Myrtles away. Most often to med patients, sometimes just for the heck of it. Tom knows that part of me.

I really believe one reason this old ship keeps sailing is something I heard on NPR once on a business program. An interview with a successful car dealer. He said "screw ups are opportunities". Always make it better than it was supposed to be when you screw up. We try to do that.

As far as scientists and scientific information, I do not pay much attention to that. We all know you can get a scientist to say about anything. Experts will argue and argue. Global warming? Stem cells?

I just try to do what I like to do every day here in heaven on earth. Fuck the experts. Too many of them.

Thanks again all and I am sure I will enjoy a visit to this forum as a nice break in the house from time to time.

Hi Tom. Thanks for the greet.
Rick

Madcap
It was Lavender oil, not lemon. Authentic French stuff even. The bug is a Dragonfly, not a butterfly Zaplady says. A drop or two in the heatport will not hurt anything and will burn off. Leave it on and be a bit more careful. Only a few drops is all you need.

Rick,

Beezleb

Welcome, Rick.

I look forward to more of your postings and hopefully the emo postings from some will end and this can be a true resource for your vaporizer.

Beezleb,

spyder

I'm with Duh... I think we should pull Rick's Finger nails out

Maybe a little water board torture.... what do you think Duh Pelosi??

Duh, Just don't buy it.... problem solved!!!

spyder,

duh

spyder, you obviously don't know me hence your lame comment on torture.

Rick, I appreciate what you do and all innovators and inventors. I travel in similar circles, though in a different industry. However, I am very careful about claims and especially about quals.

I just plain don't agree on experts. One expert is not the same as another expert. Just because you can find a few to say one thing doesn't make it counter what all the others are validating in independent testing.

I'm glad this thread is traveling in a new direction. If we can convince one person to not buy it on brass health concerns, I'm happy. If we can convince one person to buy it despite brass health concerns, I'm also happy.

Things I, personally don't want in my vapor setup: lead, brass and, of course, butane. :2c:

duh,

ILoveRadiohead!

Welcome to the forum Rick!

I may not ever own a Myrtlezap but its great that its another viable vaporizer option out there. Heck I was even talking up vaporizers to someone who knew nothing about them except for a brief stint with the Volcano and they said they might be ordering both a myrtlezap and a purple days eventually. :)

ILoveRadiohead!,

Madcap Laughed

now that im smelling it thinking of lavender, i dont know how i thought it was lemon! also, now that im looking at the dragonfly, i dont know how i thought it was a butterfly ;) the dragonfly is one of my favorite things! i love the color and look of it. its fun to play with even!

Madcap Laughed,

CuttyBuddy

Purple Days Inventor:

Is it safe to say I will be able to pick up a PD anytime soon? I have been waiting and to no avail. The website was suppose to have some a few weeks back and to my knowledge never did. That could be my mistake for not hitting refresh button enough. Anyhoo I can't wait any longer for the vape of my dreams and will purchase this Myrtlezap unit if I have to wait more than 1 week longer because I've waited so long for your PD unit. Response would be much appreciated & tremendous work on your product.

CuttyBuddy,

josh

CuttyBuddy said:
Purple Days Inventor:

Is it safe to say I will be able to pick up a PD anytime soon? I have been waiting and to no avail. The website was suppose to have some a few weeks back and to my knowledge never did. That could be my mistake for not hitting refresh button enough. Anyhoo I can't wait any longer for the vape of my dreams and will purchase this Myrtlezap unit if I have to wait more than 1 week longer because I've waited so long for your PD unit. Response would be much appreciated & tremendous work on your product.
You may want to just order the MZ as I don't see Tom wasting his time replying to this unnecessary post. He does make a very good product that is very hard to come by nowadays, but why pose an ultimatum. You know what is required to get a PD. If you do not want to take that route then get a different vape. Also, posting this in the MZ thread is kind of disrespectful to Rick IMO. Lets do Rick a favor and keep this thread about the MZ.

josh,

CuttyBuddy

blah blah blah my friend. Thanks I'll probably take you up on the offer and get the Myrtlezap. Just a potential customer that's all.

CuttyBuddy,

Purple-Days

Yes, very dis-respectful, Cutty. Move on.

About the science. You can't expect a guy making a few dozens or even a few hundreds to have University studies of his product. It would cost $600 :lol: , get my drift? (Big V)

If Rick says he talked to a metallugergist, he did. It is not definitive, but it's TRUTH. He did. Experts can disagree and even change their minds, often do. But, be assured he asked. :)

Purple-Days,

duh

Purple-Days said:
About the science. You can't expect a guy making a few dozens or even a few hundreds to have University studies of his product. It would cost $600 :lol: , get my drift? (Big V)

If Rick says he talked to a metallugergist, he did. It is not definitive, but it's TRUTH. He did. Experts can disagree and even change their minds, often do. But, be assured he asked. :)
Yes, I think you mean through a free craigslist ad, one could get a really nice report justifying anything - how vapes will save the planet or thc in the water supply will bring universal harmony. I'm not a food scientist either but I do know hot gases aren't the normal air we breathe in so low level traces of anything are going to have a highly magnified impact throughout the internal airways.

I can't help but :lol: because reading between the lines, a lot is there. I've seen this thread before, of course. Finding a metallurgist who specializes in human anatomy and the impact of vapor would be ideal - perhaps Jeff Goldblum or Peter Weller are available.

This is a vape I will continue to monitor for design changes, who knows what the future will bring?

PS: for lurkers and vape-historians (it could-happen! :p) - what cutty did is the opposite of how one would go about getting any product, especially a vape!

duh,

CuttyBuddy

Purple-Days said:
Yes, very dis-respectful, Cutty. Move on.
A tisket a tasket, Oh please, man up...

Science, low levels all that talk is fine and dandy, but at the end of the day we want the hottest vaporizer on the market. Hate to say it and you might hate to hear it but the PD ain't gonna be the hottest thing around for long so, get to work because there are other companies out there who will be able to supply guys like me who just want the prettiest, bombest, thickest vape creating, portable unit we can get. If this hurts your feelings sorry but I have a life and can't wait around for a SOLD OUT button to disappear. No dis-repect. Much love and vaping. For real. Awesome job on the PD. You take pride in your work and that's obvious

P.s The Myrtlezap is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

CuttyBuddy,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hi Rick. Welcome to FC, great to see you here. Feel free to make an official Aromazap thread if you see fit.

CuttyBuddy, et al, please keep it civil or do not post. Show some respect.

Please no more Aromazap vs PD crap in this thread. OP didn't help in that regard. :2c:

Thanks.

vtac,

Madcap Laughed

vtac, in the original post i made, i thought it was important to introduce myrtlezap as a conteder to purple days, and to compare them. because its better that than before, when aromazap was looked at and talked about like its some ancient relic thats been lost in the vape history of time, and that it couldnt possibly even be mentioned as an alternative to the purple days. that to me, is worse than myrtlezap having its rightful place!

Madcap Laughed,

jawsh

Is the brass that is used in the Zap leaded brass? If not then I think that would clear up the lead issue because most other brass's are composed of copper and zinc.

jawsh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Yeah, madcap. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade here with your decision to go with the Zap. IT really is a nice looking piece and I have no doubt that it's a great vape. I was just taking issue with your statement that it was "better" than the PD.
Out of curiousity I checked the site and there's alot of description about the wood but nothing about the actual construction and components of the vaporizer part of the vaporizer except for the fact that there's a heater inside the wood.
Aside from the fact that it's a blatant PD clone wannabee and a little cheaper, what's the selling point?

jeffp,

CuttyBuddy

I'm not being dis-respectful. Since when is stating facts being dis-respectful? The System for purchasing PD's is terrible. Sorry

CuttyBuddy,

lwien

jeffp said:
lwien said:
Yeah, madcap. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade here with your decision to go with the Zap. IT really is a nice looking piece and I have no doubt that it's a great vape. I was just taking issue with your statement that it was "better" than the PD.
Out of curiousity I checked the site and there's alot of description about the wood but nothing about the actual construction and components of the vaporizer part of the vaporizr except for the fact that there's a heater inside the wood.
Aside from the fact that it's a blatant PD clone wannabee and a little cheaper, what's the selling point?
Actually, the Zap came first, but currently, the selling point is that it is cheaper, the myrtlewood is prettier than the cherry wood in the PD (totally subjective), it has an LED,..........and the biggest thing right now is that you can get one versus waiting for an undetermined period of time waiting for the PD.

With all that being said, I would still go for the PD because of the internal construction, the better warranty, and because of my personal dealings with Tom and Pammy, which, from a product support pov, they have been beyond outstanding. Rick may provide the same kind of service. Just haven't experienced it though.

In some ways, the Zap is a better product. In some ways, the PD is a better product. Take your pick. Both good vapes.

lwien,

spyder

jeffp said:
remember who copied who..... Zap was first and Tom owed one... then picked Rick's brain and then built them... so if you gonna point a fingers

spyder,

Purple-Days

I thought there was to be no more Zap vs PD.

And to dset you straight spyder, the Eterra came first. The patents for that device (1979) were expired when Rick started development from the Eterra he owned, He says so, and doesn't hide it. He did not steal anything. He developed a new product.

I owned an Aromazap, the lower electrics failed and I repaired it. From that point on there were no secrets. No need to pick anybody's brain. A simple test with a meter gives it all away. I closed the Zap back up and was happy with it till the body failed. I rebuilt it using Myrtlewood in a round shape, even had ergonomic finger holds. But I wasn't happy with it and moved on to the Super-Vapezilla,

The Super-Vapezilla taught me what a good thing I had in the Zap. Efficient, quiet, stealthy, car-portable. I wanted another.

But I wanted a hardwood body that would last. That's when I requested a custom unit from Rick. I sent him a stick of Myrtlewood. Both of us were impressed by the results. I continued to use the new 'MyrtleZap' and enjoyed it.

One day I came across some info that bothered me, and within a very short time, less than a day, I decided I needed to make my own vape. And I mean, 'My own', not a copy or clone or rip off or any other name you choose to put to it. There are over 12 significant innovations and obvious differences between my vape and the Zap. And I'm sure Rick has as similar list of differences between his product and the Eterra, the grandfather of them all..

Purple-Days,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom