A Piece of Art: Just got my new Myrtlezap(lots of pictures included)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
All joking aside, there's no rip off here on either side of the fence - Tom and Rick obviously have friendly rapport and both designs are variations on a theme.

jeffp,

blazin

this vaperizer to me and my buds looks very kool u can leave it on all day hit it when u wants thats awsome same as the purple days very cool i dont care which was first there bothe good every once in a while vapes so u can leave oild in them and rip ur buddah or when u wake up in the middle of the night just load and ur ready to hit the sack

blazin,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
blazin said:
this vaperizer to me and my buds looks very kool u can leave it on all day hit it when u wants thats awsome same as the purple days very cool i dont care which was first there bothe good every once in a while vapes so u can leave oild in them and rip ur buddah or when u wake up in the middle of the night just load and ur ready to hit the sack
what he said.

jeffp,

Rick

Zapman
Nobody ripped anybody off with MZ or PD. This is business. This is what keeps us all in the stuff we want. In my case, you could not get an Eterra unless you wanted to wait several weeks for even any communication. Then there was the price. Hell, it went up higher in 2001 than we get for Myrtles now! Without any aroma stuff. So there was a void in the market. We tried to fill the void and it worked.

Tom was concerned with absolute safety over the brass/lead connection. So he worked, with lots of trial and error as we experienced in the beginning, and came up with something he and many others consider safer and therefore "better". That is fine. That is life. I fail to understand why some folks think rip-off. And go for it ANYONE who wants to try to copy MZ or PD. Better have much perseverance is all. Maybe I should not have spoke for the PD but I'd bet Tom would also say "go for it". Not an easy process, I guarantee.

Tom is a good businessman, not the opposite. He just created a monster is all. Probably past his wildest dreams, just as Aromazap was with us. He made a decision that actually will get more PDs out there. He even took a pay cut in that decision. Sometimes those things happen. He will catch up before long and everyone will be able to get a PD in the normal fashion.

BTW, as of this time, any existing orders for MZ will be shipped Monday. That is the plan anyway.

ZM
Rick

Rick,

rukus13

Purple-Days said:
Just to let you know, I was one of the customers who requested 'No holes please," So I would never design something into a PD that I didn't like. Again one of the many differences.
I can only tell you moving the same stem from one unit to the other the PD has more airflow. Perhaps bigger intake holes then or perhaps because of the larger heat tube? Inadvertant or not more air is getting in through the PD stem one way or another. My lungs don't lie :) It's a good thing though.

rukus13,

Rick

Zapman
Rukus
You can get the same effect(more ambient air in the vapor flow) with the MZ by loosening your liplock on the vapor stem. That is why we stopped the little hole in the stem handle. It caused some confusion, especially for newbies.

R

Rick,

rukus13

Ah okay thanks for the tip. I kind of had a feeling it was just a technique thing. I'll give that a shot. Thanks Rick.

Edit *** Wow thats definitely the ticket. Okay for the PD I like the sipping technique for the MZ its more like hitting a joint just lightly holding your lips around the stem. You can totally control the vapor to air ration by how far you part your lips. Using that technique I can't distinguish hits between the two. Both outstanding. I also think she needed a day to burn in. Seems a bit warmer than yesterday so better hits. Thanks again Rick.

rukus13,

CarloP

I just read some of the pages of posts regarding lead. Huh, wanted to point out that lead should not harm you if all you're using is the aroma cup. If you're using the "stems" well lead should be the least of your worries.javascript:insert_text(':peace:',%20'');

CarloP,

lwien

CarloP said:
I just read some of the pages of posts regarding lead. Huh, wanted to point out that lead should not harm you if all you're using is the aroma cup. If you're using the "stems" well lead should be the least of your worries.javascript:insert_text(':peace:',%20'');
First off, welcome Carlo.

I'm a bit confused with your post. The first thing is, is that I don't think that anyone here is concerned about lead using the aroma cup and I would think that very few of us here use the PD as an aromatherapy device. Secondly, please explain your last statement regarding the use of the stems. Why should lead be the least of my worries? What other worries should take precedent?

lwien,

josh

CarloP said:
If you're using the "stems" well lead should be the least of your worries.javascript:insert_text(':peace:',%20'');
Huh?? Sounds like you are implying that vaping the goods is more harmful than consuming lead (not to say that the MZ even releases lead).
Edit: Iwien beat me to it.

josh,

duh

josh said:
CarloP said:
If you're using the "stems" well lead should be the least of your worries.javascript:insert_text(':peace:',%20'');
Huh?? Sounds like you are implying that vaping the goods is more harmful than consuming lead (not to say that the MZ even releases lead).
Edit: Iwien beat me to it.
I think he is implying that vaping in general is harmful (tho less so than smoking). This is true. Wild hot thc doesn't roam in the air so when you suck on the tail end of a hot vape - you are going to get whatever bad (and good :D) is inside.

The point I and other have been making is that little things add up.

In other words, CarloP - The least of my worries is the top of my worries if that is the only control I have.

Besides, I really dig good vibes. ;)

duh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The image that comes to mind reading the above is sucking on a bus tailpipe for its vapor while insisting that the tailpipe be lead free.
That said, I'd like to see a vaporizer that looks like a bus.

jeffp,

owin

jeffp said:
The image that comes to mind reading the above is sucking on a bus tailpipe for its vapor while insisting that the tailpipe be lead free.
That said, I'd like to see a vaporizer that looks like a bus.
or a tail pipe.

owin,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I have 2 quick and simple questions, that I cannot seem to find addressed within the growing pages of this thread.... my thanks in advance and apologizes for any thread derailment.

What does the MZ's bottom look like? And it's top?

SpiralArchitect,

Madcap Laughed

spiral i'll take those pics for you soon. the bottom is black and feels like felt, but it never gets even warm. and here is what the eterra guy told me

*Hi Just got back in town.

Our products do not contain lead. Bass contains Zinc and Copper, not Lead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass).

Our heaters do not get hot enough to melt let alone vaporize any metal.

We have a few moxies available and a few tulips... will send current in for on either or both if you wish.

please tell me how you heard of us?

All the best, Michael / Eterra

ps moxie info below (have a few discounts on a few moxie units) m.*

so myrtlezap inventor says they use the same stuff as eterra, that makes me feel better :)

Madcap Laughed,

max

Out to lunch
Bass contains Zinc and Copper, not Lead
All brass (not bass ;) ) is not the same. Also from wikipedia-

"Leaded brass is an alpha-beta brass with an addition of lead. It has excellent machinability."

"Lead-free brass as defined by California Assembly Bill AB 1953 contains "not more than 0.25 percent lead content"."

.25% is low but not exactly lead free. The problem with lead is that it builds up/accumulates in the body. I'm not saying that lead is released and ingested with any vape, but personally I prefer not to breathe through any device that can even possibly contain any amount of lead.

max,

Madcap Laughed

max, what do you think of the fact stainless steel(the main guts of the purple days) contains something like 22% chromium, and chromium has been shown to cause many cancers especially lung cancer. seems brass may actually be safer. also, not only do you have to worry about the heat releasing chromium from the stainless steel, but the fact you are constantly sliding the stainless stem in and out of the stainless steel heating port could cause abrasion to make the chromium released that much easier.

Madcap Laughed,

duh

Not to contract "the eterra guy", but let's stick to devices that involve breathing and see what materials are used - space agencies are good - i.e. nasa, esa, etc.

Brass on breathing equipment went out w/20,000 leagues under the sea. ;) Very cyber-punk! Not something I would use for more than display purposes, tho.

duh,

max

Out to lunch
About the same as I think about zinc. Both are essential for human health but toxic in excess, depending on the particular form of the metal and how you're exposed to it. And zinc is an essential component of brass.

Here's another comparison, as long as we're talking about these metals in relation to heat. Lead and zinc have low melting points, 327 C and 419 respectively, while the melting point of chromium is over 1000 degrees higher, at 1615 C. As for chromium coming off either the vapor tube or heat exchanger, take a carbon steel knife and try to scrape some metal off a PD vapor tube.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
As a concept what do you think of a pyrex glass PD type tube that's protected by a plastic in its outer circumference?

jeffp,

tuttle

duh said:
Not to contract "the eterra guy", but let's stick to devices that involve breathing and see what materials are used - space agencies are good - i.e. nasa, esa, etc.

Brass on breathing equipment went out w/20,000 leagues under the sea. ;) Very cyber-punk! Not something I would use for more than display purposes, tho.
Actually, a lot of SCUBA regulators today use brass extensively for the valving in the first stage regulator, and the high end ones also use it in the second stage (usually chrome plated along with nickle elements). So to say it isn't being used for life critical breathing applications isn't quite correct.

tuttle,

Madcap Laughed

Brass is a cool metal. it has a lot of neat history, and seems elegant and classical! it has a certain energy to it! its inspiring!

Madcap Laughed,

lwien

Madcap Laughed said:
Brass is a cool metal. it has a lot of neat history, and seems elegant and classical! it has a certain energy to it! its inspiring!
What does it inspire you to do?

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Madcap Laughed said:
What does it inspire you to do?
Listen to Aaron Copland?

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom