‘BIGFOOT’ DNA SEQUENCED IN GENETICS STUDY!

Do You Believe in Sasquatch

• Yes, Bigfoot is Real.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No, Bigfoot is Fake.

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
There would be a LOT of ramifications if we did discover an actual "bigfoot" as opposed to just ancestral DNA of it. Would we treat them as people? Give them rights and protections? Are they just animals like chimpanzees?
Now that is a good question. What if we find out they bury their dead?

t-dub,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I could be wrong, but I think the scientific community would welcome the discovery of a new species. Especially one that is supposedly so closely related to our own. A discovery of that magnitude would be something many would want a share of I would think.

You would be wrong. My dad has a PhD in Biochemistry. The politics, grandstanding, back-stabbing and flat-out espionage is rampant, in ALL scientific fields... and its ALL about the $$$.

I trust them, about as much as I trust any politician. Zip.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You would be wrong. My dad has a PhD in Biochemistry. The politics, grandstanding, back-stabbing and flat-out espionage is rampant, in ALL scientific fields... and its ALL about the $$$.

Thats why I go with the forensics guys/gals. They make their living in the court room, way different.

t-dub,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the only right they would probably want would to be left alone again.

shipdit...that's what happened last time to make these things...only the science says the human partner was the chick!?!

stickstones,
Reactions: ShipDit

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid

So what about the newly discovered species that are introduced to the scientific community just about every year? Why are those discoveries welcomed but the discovery of this new primate frowned upon?

Or is it just a conspiracy by the government to keep "bigfoot" a secret from the masses?

Gonzo,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So what about the newly discovered species that are introduced to the scientific community just about every year? Why are those discoveries welcomed but the discovery of this new primate frowned upon?

Or is it just a conspiracy by the government to keep "bigfoot" a secret from the masses?

I don't know. Don't really care.

But, to think they don't hide things, or that you, I, or anyone else might have the answers why/what... is just ridiculous. Unless you've been doing years of exhaustive research on the topic?

Have you?

BigDaddyVapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I sadly do not have all the answers either BDV, but that doesn't mean it isn't important to ask the obvious questions.

It would be unwise for an individual to believe everything told to them without first researching.

I will kindly excuse myself form this thread as it appears I have struck a nerve with some people by asking simple questions and offering a different side of the same coin.

I will sit back and wait to see the new species on the evening news like everyone else.

Gonzo,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Eh... I figure if he, she, it, they exist and want to be found by me. They'll walk right up to me some day and scare the @#$% out of me.

BigDaddyVapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

The difference here is the human dna that it carries.

stickstones,
Reactions: t-dub

that herb guy

It all depends on the reality of the situation. If they are only intelligent enough to communicate the basics with each other, and have rudimentary tool use, they are basically the next great ape, no big whoop in the scheme of things.

However if they were vastly more intelligent even than dolphin, octopi or chimps/other ape species, then there would be a huge conflict of interest in announcing that. Animal rights/species activists would be all over it like white on rice. How do you treat a non-human species that understands it is being mistreated? Even the ones we keep in captivity today understand that's wrong - but something so allegedly 'close in connection' with us would challenge a lot of people's long standing belief in the world as it is.

that herb guy,

Bart

Hey. I'm 5'6" and wear a size 12 extra extra wide. My back has more hair than my head.
I must be Sasquatch.

Bart,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Hey. I'm 5'6" and wear a size 12 extra extra wide. My back has more hair than my head.
I must be Sasquatch.

Have you ever had your girlfriend mistaken your arm for the cat? If the answer is no, then you are NOT sasquatch (I am)

No, I am Sasquatch!

im_with_sasquatch_hat-p148474125124032108enxqz_400.jpg

Top Bottom