XVape XLUX ROFFU

zeusjames

The mouthpiece is classed as a consumable part and is not normally covered by warranty
Thanks you saved me some time researching the warranty issue.
The magnet is very strong and can cause the mouthpiece to snap fairly hard onto to the body; I bought a new mouthpiece and now I'm very gentle with it when placing onto the main body. No problems so far.
I wouldn't use any glue or epoxy because of fear of inhaling the fumes.
I am going to purchase a replacement. I will keep the one I have as a spare. It works well using tape to hold it in place. In my case I believe it had something to do with heat softening the glue and the strength of the magnet. Removing and replacing the cap when it is hot may have added enough force to free the glue bond. I was high at the time and don't recall what I was doing. It is possible there was a poor glue joint but looking at it the glue seems to have been evenly spread.

I have changed my vaping style. It is easy to sense the amount of heat in the mouth piece and just take a few less tokes as I feel it getting hot. And I will let it cool down a bit before removing the cap, another advantage of owning two!

I am going to pass on glue. J-B Weld has an epoxy for high heat rated at 550°F/287°C however it may not work well with plastic. And yes I would worry about unwanted fumes.

deadsouthernblake

Updated version and or new packaging? Today I got my under warranty replacement and noticed a couple of things that seemed a little different. One of the first things I noticed was the metal chamber was a a different color and has a marker on the outside so you know how far down the screen should be. Anything different or improved with the chamber other than looks? I can't remember if they were both like a free gift with purchase or if I just added them on when I bought my original one back in January, but I don't see a glass wpa attachment (that most everyone seems to just uses as a mouthpiece) or a rubber sleeve. Can anyone shed some light on these small updates or differences from the ones that were being sold at the beginning of the year?

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Updated version and or new packaging? Today I got my under warranty replacement and noticed a couple of things that seemed a little different. One of the first things I noticed was the metal chamber was a a different color and has a marker on the outside so you know how far down the screen should be. Anything different or improved with the chamber other than looks? I can't remember if they were both like a free gift with purchase or if I just added them on when I bought my original one back in January, but I don't see a glass wpa attachment (that most everyone seems to just uses as a mouthpiece) or a rubber sleeve. Can anyone shed some light on these small updates or differences from the ones that were being sold at the beginning of the year?
The glass mp and the silicone sleeve have both always been in addition to either full or lite kits.

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Mad_Max

The glass mp and the silicone sleeve have both always been in addition to either full or lite kits.
The sleeve came with my "Complete Kit", back in December anyway. WPA is $10.:tup:

EDIT: I see on the xvapeusa website (along with a lot of stoned looking people!:lol:) that it does not seem to come with any kit. How I got mine I'm not sure, nor the really really low price after Christmas. It's $5 on their site. But their shipping will kill you unless you're spending over a certain amount. EDC420 is about $5 shipping.

Last edited:

fuckcumbustion

just realized there's the perfect amount of extra space in the capsule tube to use the lil screen that normally sits at the bottom of the chamber as a way to separate the spent from fresh capsules, havent seen it mentioned here but much better than hitting a spent cap

deadsouthernblake

Was wondering what or where rather everyone had found the sweet spot to be for the screen placement inside of the metal chamber? I've moved it up and down a little but haven't quite found a spot that I've settled on.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've moved it up and down a little but haven't quite found a spot that I've settled on.
I have experimented quite a bit using rubies to raise the oven floor from the post and found leaving the plate at its lower position seems the best as even a microdose appears to lift off the bottom of the bed and gathers at the CU screen when vaped, with no spacers, etc needed.
:tup:

Sue Narmy

I’m still thinking about getting the Roffu as I love my V3Pro.

I know people use the V3 Pro capsules but I read that as they’re not designed for the Ruffu it makes the top section sit at a very slight angle.
So does the Roffu have its own capsules?

Petetbay

I have experimented quite a bit using rubies to raise the oven floor from the post and found leaving the plate at its lower position seems the best as even a microdose appears to lift off the bottom of the bed and gathers at the CU screen when vaped, with no spacers, etc needed.
:tup:
Same here, 1st tried beads, but too cumbersome, switched to V3Pro glass spacer for ease of use, sometimes Davinci ceramic spacer. Hard to tell how much it differs from just open space by raising the heater filter, but mesh screens/baskets do produce better air flow/penetration than the OG steel screens. Played lots with different heater screen height, but now using a very coarse mesh screen meant for Arizer stems placed directly on the heater, really stiff not going anywhere, very nice air flow and maximum heat lets me start herb bowls @ 315*F and hash at 330*F and ramping up. Hash is nearing combustion by 400*F. Mesh screen in the mp used unless it’s JoDa wpa w/basket screen. This thing turns out to be a killer hash vape when using the steel bowl, but the glass works good too just not as fast, kind of like when using caps, bowl is done fast with the steel.

Bit late to the party with the roffu, but it's my daily driver now. My ALP, crafty plus and dynavap are all gathering dust.

I use it only with v3 caps and it's literally a joy 👍👍👍
I've been through two Davinci IQ2's, both failed way-too soon. I got tired of dealing with Davinci customer service over their overpriced, finicky, and undependable device. My V5 Nano is a solid workhorse, but a little too harsh for my likings.

Nowadays, the Roffu is also my daily driver. It's a solid workhorse that produces smooth, potent vapor.
I load the metal oven with a course grind, full but loose, on the 6-minute session between 368/378 degrees, and usually run it through two sessions until I'm satisfied or need to reload. It is pure joy!

Mad_Max

I've been through two Davinci IQ2's, both failed way-too soon. I got tired of dealing with Davinci customer service over their overpriced, finicky, and undependable device. My V5 Nano is a solid workhorse, but a little too harsh for my likings.

Nowadays, the Roffu is also my daily driver. It's a solid workhorse that produces smooth, potent vapor.
I load the metal oven with a course grind, full but loose, on the 6-minute session between 368/378 degrees, and usually run it through two sessions until I'm satisfied or need to reload. It is pure joy!
I love to take a 12 - 15 minute 'on demand' session!

LeftBased

So far I been using the Pax Mini as my conduction vape, and went back to the Roffu and wowser, I'm tasting flavors I missed, I kind of wonder if it's worth getting a XMAX V3 Pro just for extended battery life, sure the heater might be tuned a little lighter, but that's not a big deal for me, as long as it has great flavor from the load.

LeftBased,
Reactions: LesPlenty

newola

Medium grind, glass oven and v3 dosing cap. That does me 3 x 3 good draws over the course of afternoon / evening.

I've got some nice Baklava mixed with cbd pineapple crush 3:2 mix.

Taste and effects are right on 👍 Not too strong but with a very pleasant entourage effect with the added cbd.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
just for extended battery life, sure the heater might be tuned a little lighter
I am getting 10x6 minute sessions @190C/375f from one battery and the quick swap battery is rarely needed between USB-C top-ups.
That said, I believe the latest versions of the V3Pro run a little hotter than the first couple of batches and is a great vape worth adding to any vapers lineup.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: LeftBased

THX919

I have been using my new Rofu for two weeks now; I love the flavor and the unit itself; it's now my daily driver. But this morning, while cleaning it. I discovered one of the magnets that hold the zirconia mouthpiece has fallen out. I have read zeusjames also reported a similar situation, but mine is not so severe. I tried to put it back with two-sided tape, which worked for a bit, but after repeated attach and removal, the magnet was too strong, and it eventually came out of the housing again. I don't think I will lose the magnet as it sticks to the base of the mouthpiece. Do you think it is ok to glue it back? Or just leave it? zirconia mouth piece

zeusjames

I discovered a piece of plastic covering the display. It started coming off when I removed the tape when I installed the new mouth piece. Is this a protective covering? Is it needed?

@THX919 referring to the image in post 1523 by @Philossifer the magnet I was referring to is mounted directly behind the crack shown in the image. There must be another magnet somewhere because with that magnet removed there still remains a magnetic force.

I am guessing a drop of J-B Weld high heat epoxy would have worked in my situation. Very little of the epoxy would be exposed. There is glue holding it in place from the manufacturer. Is that glue any better than J-B Weld high heat? I am guessing maybe not. I didn't want to take a chance and now I have a spare.

Now I am treating the Roffu with a little more care. I back off toking when the mouthpiece gets hot. Also I avoid removing the mouthpiece if it is hot. It is difficult avoiding the *snap* when it is replaced. The strength of the magnet results in a rather strong snap. It may be a cause for the cracks shown in the image and also why the magnet came dislodged in my situation.

This is what happened to mine. (see pic) I think in my case it was a manufacturing defect because tiny cracks appeared after the first use. By day two or three, this is how it looked. The magnet is very strong and can cause the mouthpiece to snap fairly hard onto to the body; I bought a new mouthpiece and now I'm very gentle with it when placing onto the main body. No problems so far.
I wouldn't use any glue or epoxy because of fear of inhaling the fumes.

@THX919 I just noticed the image in your post. That is not the same magnet that came loose in my Roffu.

THX919

@THX919 I just noticed the image in your post. That is not the same magnet that came loose in my Roffu.
@zeusjames Correct, the magnet you discussed differs from the magnet issue I reported. It would be good to know if we can use high-heat epoxy or not. I want to avoid using superglue. Even a little dab of glue would still most likely still have a strong smell and not be safe to inhale.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been using my new Rofu for two weeks now
If you have this problem so soon after purchase, I would get in touch with where you got the unit and ask for some help. That said, when this problem was raised in a similar fashion in another vape, the fix was to wedge the magnet back in place with paper.
I discovered a piece of plastic covering the display
That is just a screen protector (for transit when new so a customer has a scratch-free screen when new) and can be discarded.

Top Bottom