XVape XLUX ROFFU

THX919

If you have this problem so soon after purchase, I would get in touch with where you got the unit and ask for some help. That said, when this problem was raised in a similar fashion in another vape, the fix was to wedge the magnet back in place with paper.

That is just a screen protector (for transit when new so a customer has a scratch-free screen when new) and can be discarded.
I bought my unit from Xvape directly. I have tried transparent double-sided tape, which worked for a short while. But the magnet is still too strong, and the tape between the magnet still gets loose and the magnet isn't able to stay in the housing, and it comes out and sticks to the base of the mouthpiece. I'll write to support@xvape.com and share my issue with them and see what they say.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I bought my unit from Xvape directly. I have tried transparent double-sided tape, which worked for a short while. But the magnet is still too strong, and the tape between the magnet still gets loose and the magnet isn't able to stay in the housing, and it comes out and sticks to the base of the mouthpiece. I'll write to support@xvape.com and share my issue with them and see what they say.

The reports are that calling the service number gets much more direct results. Emails go through the China office, sometimes bounced around there for days (my experience).
Even if you already sent the email, just go ahead and call them...

NEED SUPPORT NOW?

Call our offices:

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm PST

(909)517-1100​

THX919

The reports are that calling the service number gets much more direct results. Emails go through the China office, sometimes bounced around there for days (my experience).
Even if you already sent the email, just go ahead and call them...

NEED SUPPORT NOW?

Call our offices:

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm PST

(909)517-1100​

Thanks @vapviking; I will also try that!

WetWithSharp

What is the best way to eliminate the rubbery, chemical, smell of the unit?

After using the unit exclusively for the first few weeks I had it (switched off my desktop SSV during that time), I've gone back to this thing sporadically sometimes and the chemical taste of the unit is incredibly noticeable after using something like the SSV.

I'm sure this is something that can probably be remedied somehow or just eventually over a very long period of time of use. I'm curious if anyone's found a more immediate solution to it?

I'm still in love with the design, aesthetics, effectiveness of this unit for a portable. Truly a unique, high-tech/modern-looking, convection, vape.

Madtater

After using the unit exclusively for the first few weeks I had it (switched off my desktop SSV during that time), I've gone back to this thing sporadically sometimes and the chemical taste of the unit is incredibly noticeable after using something like the SSV.

I'm sure this is something that can probably be remedied somehow or just eventually over a very long period of time of use. I'm curious if anyone's found a more immediate solution to it?

I'm still in love with the design, aesthetics, effectiveness of this unit for a portable. Truly a unique, high-tech/modern-looking, convection, vape.
Do a burnoff 6min session at max temp, let cool, clean with alcohol. Repeat 3 times. Then take apart and let air out overnight.

That should cure it. IF it doesnt, you may need to repeat it 3 more times….but mine was gone after the first 3.

WetWithSharp

Do a burnoff 6min session at max temp, let cool, clean with alcohol. Repeat 3 times. Then take apart and let air out overnight.

That should cure it. IF it doesnt, you may need to repeat it 3 more times….but mine was gone after the first 3.

Yeah, I did do some burn-offs when I got the unit and it was super bad (as far as the smell/taste). It improved it but the taste if still very noticeable after using the SSV again. You're saying just keep doing that, I guess?

I'll try it, it seemed to stop making a difference after a certain point. I didn't let it air out dissembled overnight though.

WetWithSharp,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Madtater

Yeah, I did do some burn-offs when I got the unit and it was super bad (as far as the smell/taste). It improved it but the taste if still very noticeable after using the SSV again. You're saying just keep doing that, I guess?

I'll try it, it seemed to stop making a difference after a certain point. I didn't let it air out dissembled overnight though.
I would do another burn off set and see. If that doesnt do it, i would wipe all the plastic/silicone pieces with a baking soda paste, rinse and dry thoroughly and let air overnight.

If that doesnt work…..i got nothing.

Madtater,

Sativapo

I love it too. Guess I'm not so sensitive to the taste mentionned I don't really notice it. It has the few degrees I'm missing on the v3 pro and the mouthpiece has smart cooling airy but effective airflow and it's easy to clean. I'm having great results with v3 capsules in the glass chamber without the screen. Even dark brown. It uses more battery but needs less cycles to cash a bowl. I feel the heater is not only set higher than v3 pro but it has more mass or something... too bad I got 2 of the early v3 pros ( it has the simplicity my wife needs unlike most of my artisan gear) I would love a hotter heater more like roffus.

I got my Roffu from recvapes the other day and I gotta say I'm really impressed with this lil vape.

I mainly use it in session mode with the ss bowl at 220 for 3 mins and by god it rips! I've finally found a little heavy hitter here and I love it.
That's how I use the v3 pro. The roffu rips too much for me at 220 for the first cycle and you lose some flavor. I run one at 205 with great taste and vapor than cash it at 220.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm sure this is something that can probably be remedied somehow or just eventually over a very long period of time of use. I'm curious if anyone's found a more immediate solution
Are you saying the vapor has a rubbery chemical flavor? Or are you saying the unit just smells that way?

Either way, I did a few things I felt were very important for purity of flavor.

1- I ditched the Roffu chamber screen and started using a dosing capsule. I think those chamber screens are a bad idea because they have a O-ring on them, and why would I want silicone coming into contact with a surface that hits 425F? It doesn't matter if's a high temp O-ring, it's still muddying the flavor.

2- I removed the grommet/screen that sits just above the bowl (because again, why would anyone want that much silicone touching a hot bowl), and I replaced it with a SS mesh screen, appropriately sized for the housing.

Doing these 2 things resulted in an instant and very noticeable upgrade to the flavor.

Last edited:

Petetbay

2- I removed the grommet/screen that sits just above the bowl (because again, why would anyone want that much silicone touching a hot bowl), and I replaced it with a SS mesh screen, appropriately sized for the housing.
Alternately if you have a second heater screen/disk use it on top of the bowl and discard the grommet/screen and it prevents the center browning spot in top of the bowl. I use a mesh screen in the grommet for better air flow and the silicone grommet doesn’t seem to bother me, but I’m not everybody.

dapatcho

Are you saying the vapor has a rubbery chemical flavor? Or are you saying the unit just smells that way?

1- I ditched the Roffu chamber screen and started using a dosing capsule. I think those chamber screens are a bad idea because they have a O-ring on them, and why would I want silicone coming into contact with a surface that hits 425F? It doesn't matter if's a high temp O-ring, it's still muddying the flavor.

Doing these 2 things resulted in an instant and very noticeable upgrade to the flavor.
Where did you get a hold of the stainless steel mesh? I've got some capsules on the way and want to minimize how many components I'm using. I imagine the metal chamber with no screen, capsule, and then glass WPA as mouthpiece? Plastic grommet removed, maybe a screen between the mouthpiece and the capsule?

dapatcho,

Sativapo

Where did you get a hold of the stainless steel mesh? I've got some capsules on the way and want to minimize how many components I'm using. I imagine the metal chamber with no screen, capsule, and then glass WPA as mouthpiece? Plastic grommet removed, maybe a screen between the mouthpiece and the capsule?
What I wonder is if it would make a good seal on a mesh screen on top instead of the grommet. You also need a few mm...maybe with a reversed custom bent cup screen ? The capsule without the screen under works well as it is.

Sativapo,

Old Stoner1958

I use the dosing caps (V3PRO) with the glass chamber and no screen in the cu. I leave the silcone in place for a good seal.
This way I can go as low as 335 for flacor or go to 380 if I want huge clouds This is an incredible vape for the price. My go to vape always.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The smell seems to come from the black silicone (x2) in the cooling unit. White vinegar and water 50/50 and soak for an hour, rinse and repeat the black silicone parts until neutral.
I, like many, use the Roffu with the WPA mounted directly above the heater to fix most flavour issues or use my adapter on a j-hook.
Where did you get a hold of the stainless steel mesh?
The ones I use (DDave aftermarket Ti and S/S) are for the Dynavap and are around 8.1mm (OG DV Ti= 8.15mm, S/S=8.22mm).
The original in your Ruffu measures 8.09mm.
So, up to 8.25mm should work fine, or purchase an 8mm hole punch and make your own from your existing stock!

hinglemccringleberry

What I wonder is if it would make a good seal on a mesh screen on top instead of the grommet.
I use the dosing caps (V3PRO) with the glass chamber and no screen in the cu. I leave the silcone in place for a good seal.
This way I can go as low as 335 for flacor or go to 380 if I want huge clouds This is an incredible vape for the price. My go to vape always.
I'm confused about why you're leaving that grommet in there if you're using dosing caps? What is it sealing? If there's no screen in the grommet, and you're using caps, then the grommet is pointless.
When I started using caps I ditched the grommet and the vape hit awesome due to the added conduction from the caps, and it was tastier due to the absence of the silicone.

I am aware a forum member makes the Roffu WPA tube, but I don't have one and wanted to upgrade the flavor without relying on another purchase to accomplish that.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: BigJr48

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What is it sealing?
It seals the top of the capsule to the bottom of the glass WPA if it is being used to improve flavour by removing the large silicone seal from the vapor path.
I am aware a forum member makes the Roffu WPA tube, but I don't have one and wanted to upgrade the flavor without relying on another purchase to accomplish that.

LesPlenty,

WetWithSharp

Has someone made a video tutorial of this?

I'd like to watch someone take out the stock parts and morph it into this in detail. Just to fully piece together it mentally. It seems like it would feel janky compared to the bespoke parts it has now and I'd like to see it in detail before ordering the screens and such.

I don't want to use the dosing chambers personally. I find it more annoying to mess around with those rather than just loading and unloading the bowl.

The smell seems to come from the black silicone (x2) in the cooling unit. White vinegar and water 50/50 and soak for an hour, rinse and repeat the black silicone parts until neutral.
I, like many, use the Roffu with the WPA mounted directly above the heater to fix most flavour issues or use my adapter on a j-hook.

I did do a bunch of burn-offs and pulled the air through whenever I initially got it. It did help with the smell but eventually it had diminishing returns and seemed to stop helping after a certain point.

I never tried the white vinegar advice though so I will do that today or tomorrow! Thank you. Someone else said "baking soda paste", should I just skip doing that and do white vinegar? I don't even know what they meant. Did they mean toothpaste or to formulate a baking soda paste at home somehow? lol

Last edited:
WetWithSharp,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I did do a bunch of burn-offs and pulled the air through whenever I initially got it.
Best to do the initial burn-offs without the CU attached as you just suck all the vapor into the parts you are trying to 'cure'.
I did not even bother with my latest Air Blue version as the herb and heat seem to work for me just fine to break the unit in, others may have far more sensitivity to those 'new car' smells than myself though.
Thank you. Someone else said "baking soda paste", should I just skip doing that and do white vinegar?
Do the vinegar/water first then for good measure to get rid of the vinegar smell, you can make a paste with bi-carb/water to smear over the parts (I just made up the slurry/paste in a plastic test tube) and leave them overnight.
A hot water flush after the vinegar/water, rinse and repeat seems the faster route from my experience.

LesPlenty,

Medivapequeen

I love it too. Guess I'm not so sensitive to the taste mentionned I don't really notice it. It has the few degrees I'm missing on the v3 pro and the mouthpiece has smart cooling airy but effective airflow and it's easy to clean. I'm having great results with v3 capsules in the glass chamber without the screen. Even dark brown. It uses more battery but needs less cycles to cash a bowl. I feel the heater is not only set higher than v3 pro but it has more mass or something... too bad I got 2 of the early v3 pros ( it has the simplicity my wife needs unlike most of my artisan gear) I would love a hotter heater more like roffus.

That's how I use the v3 pro. The roffu rips too much for me at 220 for the first cycle and you lose some flavor. I run one at 205 with great taste and vapor than cash it at 220.
I haven't noticed a smell or taste weirdly and that's coming from the Angus which has sublime flavour imo. Taste is still good with the SS bowl but if I'm in it for the flavour I'll always use the Angus tbh.

I've got some capsules to try but have avoided the glass bowl as it didn't perform as well but I'll try that. I didn't actually know you needed to take the screen out to use the caps as they fit in or is it for a better fit?

My sister who I've been trying to convert to vaping for a long time (she mainly uses bongs) tried my Roffu and has bought one herself so I class that as quite high praise indeed 😆

My V3 pro now feels very meh

Sativapo

Maybe it's the version of my capsules but mine indeed don't fit with the screen. Also it's nice to avoid silicon so close to the heater.

I'm confused about why you're leaving that grommet in there if you're using dosing caps? What is it sealing? If there's no screen in the grommet, and you're using caps, then the grommet is pointless.
When I started using caps I ditched the grommet and the vape hit awesome due to the added conduction from the caps, and it was tastier due to the absence of the silicone.
On my setup without the to grommet the capsule is rattling and gets lifted when drawing keeping it far from the heater and really less efficient. I don't know if it's the distance and/or lack of seal but definetly not satisfying.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I didn't actually know you needed to take the screen out to use the caps as they fit in or is it for a better fit?
The Roffu CU will sit up a tiny bit if you leave the oven disc in when using the dosing caps but it still seals just fine.
gets lifted when drawing
True, I forgot about that as another reason for using the grommet.:cheers:

Last edited:

Old Stoner1958

I keep the grommet in the Cooling Unit to get a good seal on the top of the glass chamber. Also with out the grommet the Dosing Capsules can be sucked up into the Cooling Unit. This is how I do it....but everyone has thier own way.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't want to use the dosing chambers personally. I find it more annoying to mess around with those rather than just loading and unloading the bowl.
Forgot to link this,
20221218_134656__38610.1671501512.100.100.jpg

Top Bottom