XVape XLUX ROFFU

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I ordered one while still available at $99. Added a couple extra bowls and one additional filter. Already thinking i will like the stainless steel bowl better.

Probably not a necessity considering all my other portable options, but still looking forward to trying this one. Love the look, and I use quick session portables almost daily while taking an after-work walk. Love the look and the forum factor. Should fit well in the pocket and can bring a second prepacked bowl if i want.

Seems to be easier to clean the removable bowl (with options to buy more cheap like I did) than something like the Mighty, Rogue, Fury, Xmax, Grasshopper, ect.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I see you guys keep talking about stems. I can make stems for the Roffu as well. Basically just a longer version of my wpa but without a ground fitting at the end. Possibilities are endless as far as stems though. If any of you know of/remember my work from back in the day on the enano and arizer stuff.

Mad_Max

An oversight with the retail package, in my opinion, is no extra filters. I have big hands; the tiny filter above the chamber would love to go flying off into oblivion! Mine already has, though I've been lucky so far. Two extra would be good.

2tiki

An oversight with the retail package, in my opinion, is no extra filters. I have big hands; the tiny filter above the chamber would love to go flying off into oblivion! Mine already has, though I've been lucky so far. Two extra would be good.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn mine came with an extra, in a little plastic baggy inside the accessories box that had some other extras. It's possible you may have missed it when opening the main box. You might want to look through it.

I cut a mesh screen to size and mostly use that now anyway. It lets more air through.

Mad_Max

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn mine came with an extra, in a little plastic baggy inside the accessories box that had some other extras. It's possible you may have missed it when opening the main box. You might want to look through it.
Well I looked again in my box and the accessories box inside - nada! It's possible something like that could disappear easily when unboxing. Or I misplaced them.

According to the user's guide, there are 2 extra o-rings for the chamber filter, but no mention of other filters. The steel filter together with the silicone holder, is considered a "filter", and you can get them for $2, plus shipping I presume. I wish I had thought of it when purchasing.

But, a couple of extra of the little metal screens seems essential to me.
I cut a mesh screen to size and mostly use that now anyway. It lets more air through.
That's a good idea. 💡

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it had shifted enough that it was blocking the air holes on the Roffu,
That is great news that the problem was found.:tup:
I may cut the hole around the air holes to make it large enough that if it shifts while I hold it
That would be my way to fix it too.
no extra filters
Mine came with 3 spare and 1x fitted, like the pic shows,

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

016-e1646336932556.jpg

I just double-checked and I do have 8 of them in total from my 2x units, one of my units was a Lite version too.
That said, I use DDave Ti Dynavap screens for better airflow.
I also use smaller diameter but thicker banded o-rings on the adjustable oven disc to securely hold the oven at different heights instead of using a spacer to raise the disc off the oven slighly.
Here are the ones I use, 8mmOD x 1.5mm thick band
These are so tight I have to roll them into position before spinning them to lock them into place.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I see you guys keep talking about stems. I can make stems for the Roffu as well. Basically just a longer version of my wpa but without a ground fitting at the end. Possibilities are endless as far as stems though. If any of you know of/remember my work from back in the day on the enano and arizer stuff.

Do I need a WPA for this? Probably not.

Support someone from Michigan? Probably would.

------------------

Edit P.S - Friday night. Got mine today.

HEAVY burn-off needed for my standards. Added bourbon. Now enjoying the ride.

The bowl system IMO is what makes this one look nice against some of the competitors that i listed in my previous post. Maintence here will be significantly easier for someone who wants to really use a device.

Last edited:

Mad_Max

Mine came with 3 spare and 1x fitted, like the pic shows,

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

016-e1646336932556.jpg

I just double-checked and I do have 8 of them in total from my 2x units, one of my units was a Lite version too.
That said, I use DDave Ti Dynavap screens for better airflow.
Well that's a bummer because that means I've lost mine. But perfect that they have 3 included. I can use a mesh screen.

Does having more air flow change the heating profile, like the need for higher temps? Does it give you more control of the temp of the herb?
I also use smaller diameter but thicker banded o-rings on the adjustable oven disc to securely hold the oven at different heights instead of using a spacer to raise the disc off the oven slighly.
Here are the ones I use, 8mmOD x 1.5mm thick band
These are so tight I have to roll them into position before spinning them to lock them into place.
I used your link for this the other day and have some on the way! 👍

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do I need a WPA for this? Probably not.

Support someone from Michigan? Probably would.

------------------

Edit P.S - Friday night. Got mine today.

HEAVY burn-off needed for my standards. Added bourbon. Now enjoying the ride.

The bowl system IMO is what makes this one look nice against some of the competitors that i listed in my previous post. Maintence here will be significantly easier for someone who wants to really use a device.

Yeah man, you want the WPA... Enjoy! :tup:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Been awhile now….
So you obviously have not received it yet. :\I am waiting on a reply from Head Office USA as I asked the other day if they had been posted...I will ask again.:tup:
Does having more air flow change the heating profile, like the need for higher temps? Does it give you more control of the temp of the herb?
Not much, just enables me to fill the oven a little more without restricting the experience if I want or just lessen the milkshake effect a little more, the heater can keep up with a really open WPA so lessening the CU restriction is easy work for the heater to deal with.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
While not necessarily needed it is a bit of a game changer for the Roffu. Not to toot my own horn
I rarely use the OEM options for a mouthpiece when at home as I like the almost all-glass unrestricted vapor path with my WPA hack and @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd stem/WPA is just a very nice built-for-purpose version of my cobbled-together hack.
The OEM WPA/mouthpiece works better as a mouthpiece than a true WPA IMO and I used it while camping along with the OG CU the last few days and it was great in that role.
1673061204491-jpg.43554

The XMAX travel case can hold enough supplies for a few days of camping.

Cjk0812

I'm just wondering with looking at the xvape site that while the onyx grey roffu doesn't say that it's on sale that the price is at 140 now. I'm just wondering if that's the regular price of it going foward? Because that still seems like a good deal for what you get with the full kit.

someTooL

Reporting in that I have really taken a liking to this device. Fits my out and about need perfectly. Have followed the advice of using the SS tube and dosage capsules. Still honing in my desired temp but every cap has been satisfying…and super easy to change out. Agree that the WPA is the choice to use.

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd guess we’ll be talking soon lol…and especially since I read about some nano past experiences…my XL begs for custom glass WPA :cool:

2tiki

Oh happy day!! Just got in from work and had a nice package awaiting for me. Can't wait to try it out. How many burn offs cycles or whatever you like to call it have you guys been doing?
I've read everything from 3 to 6. Don't make the mistake myself and some other people did. Make sure you take The cooling unit and the bowl off before you do the burning. Just bring in the device by itself somewhere where you don't have to worry about anything coming to contact with the exposed heater while you're doing the burn off.

Some people also soaked plastic parts and silicone parts in isopropyl alcohol. Do NOT Do that. I believe it's safe to wipe them down with an alcohol wipe or some alcohol on a paper towel. But from what I understand if you soak those things that aren't glass or metal, you could be damaging those parts.

Also if they silicone parts have a funky smell, you can leave them exposed to direct sunlight for a few hours, or I believe it was suggested you could put them in an oven at a low temp for a little bit. You'd have to search for that specific instruction it's on here somewhere.

deadsouthernblake

So when it comes to the pack, are you guys finding a very light/tapped, tight as you can get it or somewhere in the middle (LoL) seems to work best? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong......but after taking a couple of decent hits it goes to nothing but air and when I take off the mouthpiece to check things out I see the load has risen up and is completely off the chamber. I remember back when I first got my Edge I had the same problem to begin with but can't think of what I did to make that stop.

deadsouthernblake,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Cjk0812

The price seems to jump around and I will not try to guess what it will be next week as I have already steered someone down the wrong path... @2tiki has almost forgiven me!

Hopefully it'll stick around there and I'll be able to spring for one in the next few months because right now I'm kind of lacking in the portable category lol.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Far as the WPA that you can get directly from X-Vape I personally think they should just tweak it a bit and sell it as a glass mouthpiece option. LoL It already works pretty well as well! as one. Or at least I found that it did.
They do sell it as a glass mouthpiece, just not in the product name. But the description says:
  • 14mm Adaptor and Glass mouthpiece 2-in-1
  • Adjustable telescopic glass mouthpiece

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
They do sell it as a glass mouthpiece, just not in the product name. But the description says:
  • 14mm Adaptor and Glass mouthpiece 2-in-1
  • Adjustable telescopic glass mouthpiece

Indeed, and there are lots of suggestions on different ways to use that WPA, as well as other stems that work.

But that would require searching this thread, or going back 5-10 pages and skimming……

Top Bottom