• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

davap84

After days of going through every possible retailer I started to lose hope getting the Roffu here in EU... but thanks to a TopGreen guy on reddit I actually was able to get my hands on it (thank you french guy! :D )
Where did you find it in europe, please ?

Pishorkata

Where did you find it in europe, please ?
Not from a retailer unfortunately, a representative guy had a review unit he just used few times and was willing to sell it to me

But now I see it available on one UK retailer online, that offers shipping in EU (at least to my place), not sure if it's okay to share names here, if you're interested I can DM you (it shows up on google easily too)

Pishorkata,
Reactions: LesPlenty

davap84

Not from a retailer unfortunately, a representative guy had a review unit he just used few times and was willing to sell it to me

But now I see it available on one UK retailer online, that offers shipping in EU (at least to my place), not sure if it's okay to share names here, if you're interested I can DM you (it shows up on google easily too)
Thank you. I've found the shop (i have made some orders in).
It's a bit expensive in €. I'll wait for continental shops.
BTW, if you have the V3pro, is the roffu a big increase ?

Pishorkata

Don't have the V3 Pro, I'm coming from Starry 3 (which I'd say is a decent upgrade)

However from what I've read I think most people do agree, that in some ways the Roffu is better compared to the V3 Pro. Some of the stuff include slightly better heatup time, maybe a bit cooler & better taste, ceramic MP compared to the silicon one on V3 (but that's subjective to your taste), stronger magnets, easier cleanup (that's a big one for me), better screen, interchangable ovens... The V3 Pro still looks really good for its price though

The Tinymight does look like it's more powerful, maybe it's able to go through the whole bowl in one draw. And if you're looking for the strongest hit I guess it's the better choice. Never owned a TM but in terms of performance I'm satisfied with the Roffu. At higher temps I'm able to finish the bowl in 2 or 3 hits, vapour never really got too hot (which wasn't the case with my Starry). There are more things to consider as well though, like USB-C vs micro-USB, the looks (wood vs metal), the different MP & accessories, how easy are they to clean & maintain, stealth factor etc...

I guess It's up to you to decide what you're looking for :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't have the V3 Pro, I'm coming from Starry 3 (which I'd say is a decent upgrade)

However from what I've read I think most people do agree, that in some ways the Roffu is better compared to the V3 Pro. Some of the stuff include slightly better heatup time, maybe a bit cooler & better taste, ceramic MP compared to the silicon one on V3 (but that's subjective to your taste), stronger magnets, easier cleanup (that's a big one for me), better screen, interchangable ovens... The V3 Pro still looks really good for its price though

The Tinymight does look like it's more powerful, maybe it's able to go through the whole bowl in one draw. And if you're looking for the strongest hit I guess it's the better choice. Never owned a TM but in terms of performance I'm satisfied with the Roffu. At higher temps I'm able to finish the bowl in 2 or 3 hits, vapour never really got too hot (which wasn't the case with my Starry). There are more things to consider as well though, like USB-C vs micro-USB, the looks (wood vs metal), the different MP & accessories, how easy are they to clean & maintain, stealth factor etc...

I guess It's up to you to decide what you're looking for :D

Yeah for me it's the vapor quality with TM, the purity of using all glass path, pure convection on demand with full temp range especially lower temps, more power with larger heating element... Roffu is solid too, but it really can't compare in my experience

Last edited:

davap84

Thank you for the review. At this point, the main advatage for me is the ease of clean for the oven. I'm in flavor chasing and i'm not sure i'll discover something new with the Roffu... But i have a VAS problem.

If you want a big increase buy a Tinymight. They’re out of Finland. Should be easier to get and is easily worth the extra money.

Yeah for me it's the vapor quality with TM, the purity of using all glass path, pure convection on demand with full temp range especially lower temps, more power with larger heating element... Roffu is solid too, but it really can't compare in my experience
Yes.
The Tinymight.
It's always the Tinymight.
I don't want to put so much money anymore on a vap, cause i have everything i need with lot of good vaporizers.
But i'm attracted by the TM, inexorably.
So recently, i have buy a V3 pro, vapman & vaponic cause they were less expensive than TM. It was the reason number One. I could have buy a TM with this money, but no.
TM is my Rubicon.
The TM is in the grave and is looking at me.
I'll have no rest untill i'll catch one.

Thank you, fellows.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just received the Roffu and I've read the thread. Doesn't look like a rep is frequenting the thread but I could have missed it.

I'm taking a different approach than I normally do when I'm breaking in a new vape. I typically start doing max temp burn-offs along with cigar like mouth draws (Fill my mouth with the hot air but don't inhale) until the taste/smell, if there was any, is gone. I've wondered if my usual new vape start up routine might be making things harder/worse because I didn't do a deep clean first and could be spreading any issues with the max heat the deep clean might have eliminated. I never use any flower until I am satisfied there isn't any smell/taste because I don't want to mask anything.

This time I'm following the maintenance routine in the Roffu User Guide followed by setting the vape, while its still apart, in the sun/wind for a few hours before leaning into the burn-offs like I usually do. Perfect sunny and windy day for it.

Before getting started we did smell everything in the package separately including the package itself and the vape parts when it was disassembled for the deep clean. Smelled nothing.

Once I'm done I'll post the results along with any helpful pics and if someone has a suggestion please let me know.

His_Highness

I'm taking a different approach than I normally do when I'm breaking in a new vape. I typically start doing max temp burn-offs along with cigar like mouth draws (Fill my mouth with the hot air but don't inhale) until the taste/smell, if there was any, is gone. I've wondered if my usual new vape start up routine might be making things harder/worse because I didn't do a deep clean first and could be spreading any issues with the max heat the deep clean might have eliminated. I never use any flower until I am satisfied there isn't any smell/taste because I don't want to mask anything.

This time I'm following the maintenance routine in the Roffu User Guide followed by setting the vape, while its still apart, in the sun/wind for a few hours before leaning into the burn-offs like I usually do. Perfect sunny and windy day for it.

Summary: I may have gone overboard with the unboxing clean up routine. My wife and I are super sensitive to silicone and long lasting robot farts. The good news is WE didn't run into any taste or smell issues at any point in the process. Even the usual new electronic smell was extremely muted and barely noticeable. Just to be sure I had my wife back check my findings as I moved along and she is way less forgiving than I am.

The following is the approach I took to preparing the Roffu for its first use. Used the glass heating chamber and 6 minute session mode. Please note I'm using the suggested maintenance from the user guide as a starter which is meant to clean the unit after vaping:
20220626-153311.jpg

Out of the box - smell/check everything​
Smelled the package/packaging and took several cold draws with device off. Took everything apart for the deep clean and smelled each part separately.​
No smell issues out of the box. Black foam packaging was in good shape.​
Roffu User Guide
User Guide Instruction
Additional Details
Mouthpiece and Filter: Gently pull the mouthpiece - can be cleaned with soap and water.​
Put the mouthpiece and filter in hot soapy water. Soaked for 10 minutes in dishwashing detergent and hot water. Rubbed the mouthpiece and filter with my fingers and rinsed in hot water only. Later I put the filter in ISO with heating chambers. Didn't put the mouthpiece in ISO.​
Both heating chambers: Submerge in alcohol for 15 minutes and then use wet wipes to wipe again.​
Soaked the heating chambers in 91% ISO for 15 minutes and shook cup with ISO sporadically. Rinsed everything in hot water alone before wiping with alcohol wipes.​
Mouthpiece - use a cotton swab and wipe the inner part of the mouthpiece then wipe again with wet wipes​
Wiped inside and outside of mouthpiece with alcohol wipes​
Filter and Airflow box - submerge in alcohol for 15 minutes then use wet wipes to wipe again​
Soaked filter and airflow box in 91% ISO for 15 minutes and shook cup with ISO sporadically. Rinsed everything in hot water alone before wiping with alcohol wipes.​
This step wasn't in the user guide.
Once everything cleanable had a final hot water rinse and was wiped down with the alcohol wipes everything was dried with a lint free cloth and placed in the hot sun and wind for 2 hours to dry and disinfect further.​
Tip-perform a burn-off at max temp for 2 minutes after cleaning​
Did 3, 6-minute max temp burn-offs while doing constant cigar like mouth draws (Filling my mouth with the hot air but don't inhale). Did a 4th and final max temp burn-off for 5 minutes without drawing and did the cigar like mouth draws for the last minute to see if eliminating the airflow at max might have caused something to appear. There was no smell or taste issues. I also tested for off-gassing throughout the process by shinning a flashlight over the top opening without the mouthpiece on and with it on. Also blew the cigar draws over the flashlight. Found no off-gassing.​

I want to hold off on reviewing use factors like battery life since I've only had time to do one bowl at 380F and 400F but......

I love the look and feel of the device. Very cool. I got good, cool and tasty vapor on the first draw and was happy with the clouds that came rolling in throughout. Taste was muted past the second hit but that could be my flower. Device got hot during the burn-offs and the area around the mouthpiece was uncomfortable but that's with constant drawing at 428F without flower. Under normal use the device got toasty but not uncomfortable. Its interesting how the device gets toasty but the vapor is cool. Still...I'd love it if there was a WPA available.

I have seen questions regarding the Xmax V3 Pro versus the Roffu and I'll speak to that once I've had the Roffu longer and it will be in a different thread. In the meantime here's a teaser:
20220627-123512.jpg

Texus

Summary: I may have gone overboard with the unboxing clean up routine. My wife and I are super sensitive to silicone and long lasting robot farts. The good news is WE didn't run into any taste or smell issues at any point in the process. Even the usual new electronic smell was extremely muted and barely noticeable. Just to be sure I had my wife back check my findings as I moved along and she is way less forgiving than I am.

The following is the approach I took to preparing the Roffu for its first use. Used the glass heating chamber and 6 minute session mode. Please note I'm using the suggested maintenance from the user guide as a starter which is meant to clean the unit after vaping:
20220626-153311.jpg

Out of the box - smell/check everything​
Smelled the package/packaging and took several cold draws with device off. Took everything apart for the deep clean and smelled each part separately.​
No smell issues out of the box. Black foam packaging was in good shape.​
Roffu User Guide
User Guide Instruction
Additional Details
Mouthpiece and Filter: Gently pull the mouthpiece - can be cleaned with soap and water.​
Put the mouthpiece and filter in hot soapy water. Soaked for 10 minutes in dishwashing detergent and hot water. Rubbed the mouthpiece and filter with my fingers and rinsed in hot water only. Later I put the filter in ISO with heating chambers. Didn't put the mouthpiece in ISO.​
Both heating chambers: Submerge in alcohol for 15 minutes and then use wet wipes to wipe again.​
Soaked the heating chambers in 91% ISO for 15 minutes and shook cup with ISO sporadically. Rinsed everything in hot water alone before wiping with alcohol wipes.​
Mouthpiece - use a cotton swab and wipe the inner part of the mouthpiece then wipe again with wet wipes​
Wiped inside and outside of mouthpiece with alcohol wipes​
Filter and Airflow box - submerge in alcohol for 15 minutes then use wet wipes to wipe again​
Soaked filter and airflow box in 91% ISO for 15 minutes and shook cup with ISO sporadically. Rinsed everything in hot water alone before wiping with alcohol wipes.​
This step wasn't in the user guide.
Once everything cleanable had a final hot water rinse and was wiped down with the alcohol wipes everything was dried with a lint free cloth and placed in the hot sun and wind for 2 hours to dry and disinfect further.​
Tip-perform a burn-off at max temp for 2 minutes after cleaning​
Did 3, 6-minute max temp burn-offs while doing constant cigar like mouth draws (Filling my mouth with the hot air but don't inhale). Did a 4th and final max temp burn-off for 5 minutes without drawing and did the cigar like mouth draws for the last minute to see if eliminating the airflow at max might have caused something to appear. There was no smell or taste issues. I also tested for off-gassing throughout the process by shinning a flashlight over the top opening without the mouthpiece on and with it on. Also blew the cigar draws over the flashlight. Found no off-gassing.​

I want to hold off on reviewing use factors like battery life since I've only had time to do one bowl at 380F and 400F but......

I love the look and feel of the device. Very cool. I got good, cool and tasty vapor on the first draw and was happy with the clouds that came rolling in throughout. Taste was muted past the second hit but that could be my flower. Device got hot during the burn-offs and the area around the mouthpiece was uncomfortable but that's with constant drawing at 428F without flower. Under normal use the device got toasty but not uncomfortable. Its interesting how the device gets toasty but the vapor is cool. Still...I'd love it if there was a WPA available.

I have seen questions regarding the Xmax V3 Pro versus the Roffu and I'll speak to that once I've had the Roffu longer and it will be in a different thread. In the meantime here's a teaser:
20220627-123512.jpg
Thanks for that excellent and thorough post. How are you finding the Roffu's magnets compared to the XMax v3 Pro? Weakness of the v3 magnets is my main complaint about that device. Prob need to figure out a solution to keep that mouthpiece on better...

His_Highness

How are you finding the Roffu's magnets compared to the XMax v3 Pro? Weakness of the v3 magnets is my main complaint about that device. Prob need to figure out a solution to keep that mouthpiece on better...
The Roffu magnets are much stronger than the V3 Pro. I don't worry about the Roffu coming apart the way the V3 Pro WPA mouthpiece does.

NOLOGO

interesting.

I'm about 10 bowls in on my roffu now.

I've been using the V3Pro a few times a weeks for the last 5 or 6 months, so I'll give my comparison notes soon.

But for right now I need those of you that have a roffu to try something to let me know if my device is faulty.

As I'm sure y'all know by now, when swapping the battery the unit gives you a little vibration (I guess as feedback to let you know the swap was successful). I just swapped batteries with the mothpiece off the unit. Immediately after the haptic feedback the heater started heating up and the plate/screen over it got hot enough to burn my skin.

Do your roffu's do this also? I don't think the heater should engage at all until the thing is actually powered on.

tia

EDIT: this also leads me to believe that there is more conduction heat going on than indicated. That plate was HOT... only from having a battery installed... NOT turned on. (and not afterr recent use)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just swapped batteries with the mothpiece off the unit. Immediately after the haptic feedback the heater started heating up and the plate/screen over it got hot enough to burn my skin.
Definitely should not turn on by itself during battery swaps...even if the device is powered on and you just quickly swap the battery without powering down, it simply just gives the vibration alert that the battery was swapped but the unit stays powered off.
It is pretty hard to accidentally press the start button 5 times while manipulating a battery swap so I would say you have a defective unit, have you tried to replicate the problem again (without the burn)?

NOLOGO

Definitely should not turn on by itself during battery swaps...even if the device is powered on and you just quickly swap the battery without powering down, it simply just gives the vibration alert that the battery was swapped but the unit stays powered off.
It is pretty hard to accidentally press the start button 5 times while manipulating a battery swap so I would say you have a defective unit, have you tried to replicate the problem again (without the burn)?
it happens with every battery swap.
when I insert a new battery I get the haptic feedback and the heater heats up.

does yours not act the same way?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Definitely not, I just tried swapping the battery in session and on-demand mode while the unit was powered on or off, and all I get is the haptic feedback when I re-install the battery along with the Screen on for a few seconds saying Roffu...no auto heat up after battery swap.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: NOLOGO

NOLOGO

Definitely not, I just tried swapping the battery in session and on-demand mode while the unit was powered on or off, and all I get is the haptic feedback when I re-install the battery along with the Screen on for a few seconds saying Roffu...no auto heat up after battery swap.
thanks for checking yours for me.

looks like I'll be emailing xvape in the AM

Pishorkata

Just wanted to say that I've seen my unit behave exactly the same, but definitely not always. Just tried now out of curiousity and to my surprise it just gave haptic feedback & logo, without heating up (as it should). In fact last few days I haven't seen it acting up. However I'm certain that I've seen it heat up sometimes even just powering up.

There were few people in the posts recently that reported what I think is another common issue - occasionally when powering up the device, it just powers up for a second, shows the 'Roffu' logo, and goes off again. This happens mostly when I try to click exactly 5 times at even intervals. It sounds a bit weird, but since I just started 'button mashing' it I didn't have the "fake power-up" issue. I don't pay attention to number of presses, and sometimes I press it like 5-6 times quickly, it works like 99% of the time as it should.

Even then, this isn't normal behavior and it has me just a bit concerning, I guess there might be some issue with the circuits/programmer that controls most of the stuff, as it's not a single case that's having the issues above. But as I'm in EU, and have no warranty for it, I'm not sure if XLUX/XVAPE will be able to assist here. :hmm:

His_Highness

Just wanted to say that I've seen my unit behave exactly the same, but definitely not always. Just tried now out of curiousity and to my surprise it just gave haptic feedback & logo, without heating up (as it should). In fact last few days I haven't seen it acting up. However I'm certain that I've seen it heat up sometimes even just powering up.

There were few people in the posts recently that reported what I think is another common issue - occasionally when powering up the device, it just powers up for a second, shows the 'Roffu' logo, and goes off again. This happens mostly when I try to click exactly 5 times at even intervals. It sounds a bit weird, but since I just started 'button mashing' it I didn't have the "fake power-up" issue. I don't pay attention to number of presses, and sometimes I press it like 5-6 times quickly, it works like 99% of the time as it should.

Even then, this isn't normal behavior and it has me just a bit concerning, I guess there might be some issue with the circuits/programmer that controls most of the stuff, as it's not a single case that's having the issues above. But as I'm in EU, and have no warranty for it, I'm not sure if XLUX/XVAPE will be able to assist here. :hmm:
it happens with every battery swap.
when I insert a new battery I get the haptic feedback and the heater heats up.

Testing battery swap - Device off, took the mouthpiece off (Just the mouthpiece still attached to zirconia cooling airbox), removed original battery and replaced with a fully charged battery I had waiting. The unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off. Switched out the battery I had charged/tested with and put the 3/4 charged original battery back in and again ... unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off.

If you want me to try anything else let me know. In the meantime ... I'm still dialing in the Roffu before I do a "Usage" review.

NOLOGO

Testing battery swap - Device off, took the mouthpiece off (Just the mouthpiece still attached to zirconia cooling airbox), removed original battery and replaced with a fully charged battery I had waiting. The unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off. Switched out the battery I had charged/tested with and put the 3/4 charged original battery back in and again ... unit logo'd, buzzed and remained off.

If you want me to try anything else let me know. In the meantime ... I'm still dialing in the Roffu before I do a "Usage" review.
Thanks!

One more thing you could try: swap batteries with the whole cooling unit off the device, and the bowl removed. That's how I first noticed my heater heating up while powered off. With the bowl inserted I could barely feel the heater heating up- but it still is...It's just WAY more noticeable with the heater exposed. (So with a loaded oven inserted, it is absolutely cooking the load a bit after swapping batteries/before powering on.)

I called the number on the xvapeusa site today, and spoke with a marketing director in California that wasn't quite ready for this call lol. He sent me an email requesting as much info as possible so he can forward it to others.

I'll keep y'all posted.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ended up getting the opportunity to test out the Roffu, and it's not too shabby!

I've done 5 sessions so far. Two of which were On-Demand and the glass bowl. Two were session and glass bowl. Final one was session mode with the metal bowl.
First bowl the battery ended at 4.12v. I accidentally kept it on the charger for a few mins, so that ended up going up a tad. 2nd session ended up at 4.06. Ended up charging to 4.08 (accidentally again :)). 3rd bowl ended 3.92 . 3.88 The 4th. 3.82 the 5th. So so far, battery life seems to do better than I had expected. 5 sessions so far and still room to go.

Even when doing on-demand mode, I still treated it as a session. All bowls were finished in one sitting.

I always started around 350-360f, and the first draw had little to no vapor, but I could absolutely feel the thickness of the flavor coming in as I took a draw. The flavor was always very strong. The flavor held through a few rips, and then starts to die off towards the middle of the bowl. ABV isn't ever perfect, but it is pretty dang good, and stirring definitely helps (and it's very easy to stir). It's not blatant hotspotting, it's just not a conduction/hybrid style roast. It's pretty good abv for a convection portable like this (don't worry, I got the pics).

I think packing down would result in more issues as the bottom would char a bit faster (you'll see evidence of this in one of my last screenshots).

The manual says it works best with long draws. I absolutely experienced this. I did not have much success with shorter bursts, which makes sense for a portable convection vape. Throughout a draw though, once it hits a certain point, it really spits out vapor. It can just take a bit to get there.

I've noticed a more firm draw tends to work best for me, and going slow like other convection vapes just didn't seem to give it the oomph. I'll revisit this though with more testing.

I would usually bump up the temp to around 375, then around 390 throughout the bowl to finish it off. One or two of the sessions I went into the 400s, but didn't really find the need to.

What I'm most impressed about so far is probably how smooth it is compared to other portables I use. Portables usually give me a pretty rough cough even without huge hits, but this one is pretty comfortable. The cooling unit does well at cooling the vapor, but just something about the vapor itself isn't too harsh. I notice I cough more with my Crafty+, not because of the heat of the vapor (the cooling unit is great there too), but just something about it. Same as most of my portable.

For the final session when I switched over to the metal bowl, I noticed it was helping my biggest gripe with the vape, which was how long it took to for that big vapor to start pumping out. I've only done the one session, so I'll need to check it out again. But if I can get those solid hits a bit faster, then I'd be pretty dang pleased.

One part of the On-Demand mode that I don't understand is even when I'm not pressing the button, the temperature circle randomly goes up and down like it's heating and cooling. Also, it only occasionally vibrates when it gets to temp when on demand. Always during the first heat up, and then randomly during other heat ups.

Not a huge fan of the mouthpiece and having to press the lips against it. It can start to get warm, and it's just an odd sensation on the lips for me. It's never gotten uncomfortably hot though.

So far it's really easy to keep the bowl clean with the brush, and to keep the mouthpiece screen clean.
The part that is probably going to require the most cleaning is on the mouthpiece itself where the vapor passes through the screen and then across to the cooling spiral.

Will be testing sessions throughout the night but just wanted to give some initial impressions as they were fresh. So far it's a pretty fun vape but a lot more testing needed to see if it'll find a good spot in the rotation.

___
Should be able to scroll through the pictures. The last two you see I got lazy with the stirring and pack, and ended up getting some noticeably darker spots.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
One part of the On-Demand mode that I don't understand is even when I'm not pressing the button, the temperature circle randomly goes up and down like it's heating and cooling. Also, it only occasionally vibrates when it gets to temp when on demand. Always during the first heat up, and then randomly during other heat ups.

Very nice write-up as always my dude!

For this one, I think those rings around are also related to the timer, they are not just for the heater? but I may be wrong about that

I'm going to have to play with mine more and try to use it more as you described, I know I can get more out of it than I have been...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the temperature circle randomly goes up and down like it's heating and cooling. Also, it only occasionally vibrates when it gets to temp when on demand
The circle is showing the temp at a glance and only fluctuates in on-demand mode. The vibration will only work in on-demand mode on the first heat-up when the target temp is reached and will not buzz again until the device enters the stand-by count down mode (the count down starts after about 20 seconds of no button pushing) then it will buzz again when temp is reached.

NOLOGO

Very nice write-up as always my dude!

For this one, I think those rings around are also related to the timer, they are not just for the heater? but I may be wrong about that

I'm going to have to play with mine more and try to use it more as you described, I know I can get more out of it than I have been...
Hey there SS, could you please try to remove and then reinsert a battery to see if your heater also kicks on for 20-30 sec?

I can't be the only one this is happening to, can I?

tia

Top Bottom