• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

JoeMama

Yeah it's the same 18650, I never even used the stock batteries yet with either of mine, so far I've only used both of them with LG HE4 that I already had...
Yep, thanks... I've got a technology background but I missed the boats on battery science and classifications. I guess the LG HE4 is simply LG's "brand" of the same industry standard? Now I can frame my consternation better: With all the alphanumeric characters printed on the side of that Roffu battery, is there no industry standard that would faithfully allow someone to determine its characteristics? You'd think that was important... especially with things that can explode lol

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yep, thanks... I've got a technology background but I missed the boats on battery science and classifications. I guess the LG HE4 is simply LG's "brand" of the same industry standard? Now I can frame my consternation better: With all the alphanumeric characters printed on the side of that Roffu battery, is there no industry standard that would faithfully allow someone to determine its characteristics? You'd think that was important... especially with things that can explode lol

Identification is another reason to buy the real brand names. Most likely, like other manufacturers, they have a contract with one of the Chinese battery producers. So you will probably never find the real specifications, an analyzer type battery charger would give you more tips on its capacity, but knowing its true amperage rating is determined on how HOT it gets under a large load, equipment that few have. Use the one it came with, and buy ones that have proper markings, and downloadable spec sheets. Avoid REWRAPS!

JoeMama

Identification is another reason to buy the real brand names. Most likely, like other manufacturers, they have a contract with one of the Chinese battery producers. So you will probably never find the real specifications, an analyzer type battery charger would give you more tips on its capacity, but knowing its true amperage rating is determined on how HOT it gets under a large load, equipment that few have. Use the one it came with, and buy ones that have proper markings, and downloadable spec sheets. Avoid REWRAPS!
Thank you, Rusty. REWRAPS? Wait, you mean I could inadvertently buy rewraps, or I shouldn't rewrap my batteries if the skin is damaged....?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wait, you mean I could inadvertently buy rewraps

That's what he means, that's why you only buy from reputable sources, and safer from the known brands... You can look up the specs, it's 20A and 2400-2600mAh (LG HG2 have 3000mAh but lower amps, like 15-18A) also see Samsung 25R and 30Q, Sony VTC, and Molicell P26A and P28A, each of these is a good 18650 cell to use here by the way

JoeMama

That's what he means, that's why you only buy from reputable sources, and safer from the known brands... You can look up the specs, it's 20A and 2400-2600mAh (LG HG2 have 3000mAh but lower amps, like 15-18A) also see Samsung 25R and 30Q, Sony VTC, and Molicell P26A and P28A, each of these is a good 18650 cell to use here by the way
Thanks again, SS. I've got three 18650's well into over a year's worth of daily rotation. Still going strong. I'll be sure to clip this advice to the fridge. Learned a lot today!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't know if it is just my specific
It is just your unit by the sound of it.
so far I've only used both of them with LG HE4 that I already had...
Slightly less capacity than what the vape comes with...so why not use the OG's...are you keeping them fresh for ron?
(LG HG2 have 3000mAh but lower amps, like 15-18A)
I like LG HG2 and Sony VTC6...Google says about LG HG2,
The LG HG2 takes a solid first place as the best vape battery you can buy for up to 20A. The HG2's large 3000mAh capacity and ability to comfortably discharge up to 20A while remaining at a cool and safe operating temperature are the main features that make it a great battery.1 May 2022

I am liking the Roffu on a bong with my WPA hack but do hope Xvape bring out their own version, this thing milks up a bong very quickly compared to most vapes I have.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh yeah, it is that the 30Q is rated 15, and the HG2 is rated 20, but both of them actually read 18A if I recall correctly... And yeah I have too many batteries, so when I get a new one, I haven't even been charging it up to use it, because I have too many others? It's an unmarked battery, and I don't trust it I don't know I just have too many lol who is Ron?

JoeMama

I am liking the Roffu on a bong with my WPA hack but do hope Xvape bring out their own version, this thing milks up a bong very quickly compared to most vapes I have.
Hi, LesPlenty... I'm curious about your hack... adapting to that mouthpiece looks challenging. It seems like XVape should be able to fashion something that goes in place of the upper-magnetic assembly on the cap, methinks.

Petetbay

It seems like XVape should be able to fashion something that goes in place of the upper-magnetic assembly on the cap, methinks.
They made them for the Starry and Aria, I have the failure to make a wpa option is due to the S&B syndrome. The Crafty engineers never talked to the Mighty engineers about their vaporizer has a flat bottom and could stand upright without the need to additional help. :doh:

Beam84

No shit! Hey thanks for that very helpful bit of info! HA!
The18650 included with the V3Pro is the Eve 26V.
Some more informations:

63a9ed97-a689-491a-840f-e1eec93eecae-jpeg.975503

Pishorkata

After days of going through every possible retailer I started to lose hope getting the Roffu here in EU... but thanks to a TopGreen guy on reddit I actually was able to get my hands on it (thank you french guy! :D )
Jumping from the Starry 3 to this is pretty much upgrade in all ways. The very first few draws on the Roffu were a bit 'weak' lets say, but that was because with the Starry I got used to short cigar-like puffs (because on conduction vapes the vapour builds up in the oven and it's ready to draw instantly I guess). Then I realized that I need to go with longer & slower draws. And it started hitting... pretty hard :D I usually smoke my bud on 2 sessions. At 180C I started getting really nice & dense clouds (compared to 180C on the Starry - definitely denser). What really impressed me however, is that at higher temps (like 210C+) the Roffu kept the taste pretty clean and the vapour cool, where as on the Starry flavour after 210-220C+ started getting pretty rough & vapour was really hot.
I think they really nailed it with the design here. In fact, the design is honestly what got me hooked up the most. I feel like a lot of the stuff going on make perfect sense. First of all, nearly all parts are super easy to disassemble, and easy to clean. Ovens being detachable (and even having 2 different ones!) is just incredibly convenient. There is a metal mesh with silicon ring in the middle of both ovens where the bud lays on, but what's interesting here is that the ovens are perfect cylinders & are smooth. This makes it possible to put both meshes in a single oven which lets you flip the oven after session without stirring at all! This is even easier if you use the V3 Pro caps (which also fit perfectly - great for users who upgrade from V3Pro to Roffu).
Accessories are also pretty cool, I love the shovel/cleaning tool, but I'm just a sucker for little tools like this. The little grinder is also really cute :rolleyes: The foam packaging on the other hand (the one that the vape sits on when in the box) is really bad, as this is the reason behind the bad smell I'm pretty sure. It has the typical terrible rubber/silicon smell that gets used in cheap stuff. Which is really weird as the vape definitely doesn't have a cheap feel to it. Hopefully the manufacturer takes notes on this.

And to finish it off with a question - do you think that the 18650 battery on the Starry is better for the Roffu? It looks like official Samsung battery, where as the one that comes with the Roffu doesn't have any branding. I'm not really expert on electronics either

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Pishorkata if you just sprinkle fill the oven without packing/tamping you will find an oven flip is unnecessary as the load will be evenly roasted. Also, the action of flipping the way you showed will also be compressing the load and most convection vapes do not perform as well when the load is packed at all.
I get a good vapor cloud on the first toke when sprinkle filled the only drawback is the shorter session time compared to packing at all but this drawback helps with flavour as you are on a new load more quickly.
But if you like using the Roffu the way you do it is all good but at least try a light pack!

That Samsung you showed has a slightly lower amp rating than the OG, I always get a higher amp rating than what a device comes with if I want spares.

Pishorkata

Yeah looser pack definitely burns easier & smoother. Maybe I just got used to the conduction on Starry that I could pack it real tight.
Right now I'm mainly using it with a V3 Pro cap & the steel oven and the bud is pretty evenly burnt.
Draw resistance is not bad either (if you don't overpack of course) given that we only have a single small air intake. I wonder if another intake hole would have been better, but I assume the vape would have struggled with temperature. Either way I can't really complain much, this vape is hitting pretty much all checks that I needed. :spliff:

Texus

After days of going through every possible retailer I started to lose hope getting the Roffu here in EU... but thanks to a TopGreen guy on reddit I actually was able to get my hands on it (thank you french guy! :D )
Jumping from the Starry 3 to this is pretty much upgrade in all ways. The very first few draws on the Roffu were a bit 'weak' lets say, but that was because with the Starry I got used to short cigar-like puffs (because on conduction vapes the vapour builds up in the oven and it's ready to draw instantly I guess). Then I realized that I need to go with longer & slower draws. And it started hitting... pretty hard :D I usually smoke my bud on 2 sessions. At 180C I started getting really nice & dense clouds (compared to 180C on the Starry - definitely denser). What really impressed me however, is that at higher temps (like 210C+) the Roffu kept the taste pretty clean and the vapour cool, where as on the Starry flavour after 210-220C+ started getting pretty rough & vapour was really hot.
I think they really nailed it with the design here. In fact, the design is honestly what got me hooked up the most. I feel like a lot of the stuff going on make perfect sense. First of all, nearly all parts are super easy to disassemble, and easy to clean. Ovens being detachable (and even having 2 different ones!) is just incredibly convenient. There is a metal mesh with silicon ring in the middle of both ovens where the bud lays on, but what's interesting here is that the ovens are perfect cylinders & are smooth. This makes it possible to put both meshes in a single oven which lets you flip the oven after session without stirring at all! This is even easier if you use the V3 Pro caps (which also fit perfectly - great for users who upgrade from V3Pro to Roffu).
Accessories are also pretty cool, I love the shovel/cleaning tool, but I'm just a sucker for little tools like this. The little grinder is also really cute :rolleyes: The foam packaging on the other hand (the one that the vape sits on when in the box) is really bad, as this is the reason behind the bad smell I'm pretty sure. It has the typical terrible rubber/silicon smell that gets used in cheap stuff. Which is really weird as the vape definitely doesn't have a cheap feel to it. Hopefully the manufacturer takes notes on this.

And to finish it off with a question - do you think that the 18650 battery on the Starry is better for the Roffu? It looks like official Samsung battery, where as the one that comes with the Roffu doesn't have any branding. I'm not really expert on electronics either
Thanks for that excellent review. Look forward to more comparisions with the Pro v3. Imagine that would be OK, considering that they are made by same company.

I guess the main thing holding me back (other than waiting for a great sale as they become more available) is the lack of aditional mouthpieces (unless I missed those). I'd love to have a Gong and a glass mouthpiece, along the lines of the v3. Apologies in advance if I missed mention of that earlier in the thread...

JoeMama

The18650 included with the V3Pro is the Eve 26V.
Thanks, Beam. And thanks for that eye chart lol. It’s surprising that there are so many “types”. Kinda makes it more difficult to choose one, but I suppose half the effort is determining availability.
Thanks for that excellent review. Look forward to more comparisions with the Pro v3. Imagine that would be OK, considering that they are made by same company.
I’ve used the V3P for the past year and just started using the Roffu last week or so, not sure because this thing hits so well I’ve lost track of time. “Luckily”, I just a few minutes ago tested positive for Covid and I haven’t even thought of vaping for the entire day. That’s saying a lot lol.
Roffu hits wonderfully. Session Mode is how I roll. I use the cigar puff method a little bit at first, then go long on the draws. Nice clouds at 180C, and n my experience, it requires the V3P at a setting of 190 to demonstrate a similar output on those first long draws. But this makes my brain itch, so either the Roffu and V3P temp calibrations are different, or there’s something else happening. I consider the V3P to be a good vape for what it costs, and it always hit reliably, but 180C gave me wisps to thin clouds on the first two long draws. I would need to go to 195 to get decent brown ABV, but Roffu can do that under 190C.
In any case, I much prefer the Roffu, as the vapor path is much cooler than V3P. Until they come out with a WPA , I’m quite happy with it in the meanwhile.

I could do without the “puff history” mode. Tits on a bull.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Please do tell, what are your reasons for liking that puff history feature?
1...It is handy for keeping track of different multiple vapes that look identical (I cannot tell which is my older or new XMAX PRO V3's).
2...It is also handy on some vapes to know when a deep clean is necessary (2000 dabs=pull down clean on my Peak Pro, now overdue)
3...It is just nice to know which devices are actually being used the most (like a trip meter in a car) as I rotate a lot of vapes due to only having access to one strain of Cannabis.
4...Premium vapes just seem to go a bit further with what/how much info they provide a user a bit like gauges in a car, the more you pay the more bells and whistles you get. It just helps add to the premium feel of a device IMO.
Love to know what the marketing guy says!
His exact words,
Yes! An adapter is on its way! no ETA yet tho unfortunately.
Knowing Topgreen, I would say the WPA will be available pretty soon!

Top Bottom