• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

OrsonWhales

Okay cool, for a cheaper portable for travel, this would be a good idea, just don't expect the same flavor purity, but I also think the xmax v3pro would be a good option for that... Roffu does seem to be more powerful, capable of blasting through a bowl quick if you want even using lower temps, in that sense a little similar to TM, and it is nice that the chambers are removable for full cleaning regarding travel... It's funny you mentioned that though bc I am considering taking the TM myself as another member here has done without issue several times (check the TM thread, I think there is another thread about flying with it and/or other vapes) Don't want to talk about the TM any further here, because yeah that's the rule, it gets off topic when this thread should focus on the specific product it is covering:

Thanks again! Yeah, I don’t think it’ll be a problem flying to most states but I’m flying to Nashville in May for Billy Strings and Primus, back to back nights, and Tennessee nothing is legal. So I’m a little sketched out.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks again! Yeah, I don’t think it’ll be a problem flying to most states but I’m flying to Nashville in May for Billy Strings and Primus, back to back nights, and Tennessee nothing is legal. So I’m a little sketched out.

Why do you think this would be safer? Just more worthy of the risk of losing it perhaps? Perhaps more discreet... It could hide in plain sight as an mp3 player or some such thing I don't know what people would be using these days that would look like this lol

fogbank

Really all of the parts on the Roffu that might collect residue can be thoroughly cleaned. The ceramic parts of the mouthpiece, the bowls (glass or metal) along with their screens, can all be soaked in ISO. The silicone part can be soaked in ISO if you're worried about residue, but I don't think it's recommended for regular maintenance. I would never put the plastic stuff in ISO, and I would never let ISO or any other liquid near any parts that may contain magnets, as they may be glued in and the ISO may weaken the bond (speculating here). But you can wipe them clean, or maybe use soap and water?

Once you remove the top mouthpiece assembly and the bowl the only thing left is the heater itself, which should not have a significant amount of residue (hopefully!).

I think the Roffu can be cleaned sufficiently for travel.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am pleased to say my unit arrived this afternoon:clap:
My first impressions are that it is a premium vape, hefty with a really nice finish.
I run the unit at 180c with the glass oven as that is what it was set at and after the short warm-up time, I took a long slow inhale of about 10-12 seconds. I thought I was going to get a whispy first puff as the vapor was quite cool but was pleasantly surprised with a monster exhale that kept on going! The second was about the same density and I was able to blow vapor rings on the exhale.:spliff:
The third and subsequent puffs were noticeably less dense with the flavor dropping into the roasted zone...that I actually do not mind. I was barely getting any vapor at about 4 minutes into the sesh so I ended without temp stepping up and found a nice even roast on par with a 190-200c V3 load.
The first load was a sprinkle fill of about 3/5 full, the next bowl was sprinkle filled to the brim but not over and I bumped up to 190c with similar results to the first bowl but the sesh lasted to almost the 6-minute setting and a slightly darker ABV (hard to tell the difference by looking really)
The only problem I can see is the mouthpiece gets pretty hot after 2x 6 min sessions in a row.
I already have a WPA worked out and look forward to trying it when I get back from camping (off tomorrow so I have12x 18650s packed ready for a good workout and maybe a video as they are easier for me to post)
But so far...very good.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The initial thought of the mouthpiece overheating was unfounded as the zirconia cools very quickly. I am loving the ease of draw and not having to work as hard to get vapor. I even managed pretty good clouds (it was cold camping though) with great taste at 150c/302f, I temp stepped by 10c every 6-minute sesh until I got to 180c and the vapor finally stopped. No stir and a perfectly even roast (no burnt popcorn taste until the end of the 180c sesh).
The glass oven is a treat to fill with the supplied funnel and great to see how the load is going between hits if you like that sort of thing. As far as cleaning I would just brush the oven out with the cool brush/scoop combo that also comes with the unit and every half a dozen bowls I would use a dry q-tip to wipe out the mouthpiece assy (easy magnet set-up).
The Roffu even has a stats screen...247 puffs...in 3 days...:uhoh:
I did not have to use any spare batteries as I just charged the unit via its USB-C socket whenever I was not using it (I like not having to baby the battery like I would other devices that turn to landfill when the battery dies).
I have not even tried the stainless steel bowl yet as I want to get familiar with the device before I change any variables.
We really are spoiled with a great selection of vapes lately and this offering from XVAPE is no exception.
Much testing is to come and I am quite looking forward to it.:science:
I will add (if I have not already stated) that I was given this vape to try by XVAPE but would not have buyer's remorse if I had paid for it myself...US$180RRP (MSRP for USA & list price for UK guys and gals) seems like good value to me and it is already on sale at some retailers.

fogbank

I am loving the ease of draw and not having to work as hard to get vapor.
That is what stands out to me about this vape. It produces clouds with soft, slow draws. All of my other vapes (convection, VapCaps, etc.) require much more effort to produce clouds. Even with other XVape/XMax products like the V3Pro and the Fog Pro I have to pull hard to get them "primed" and then continue to pull hard to get clouds. With the Roffu it's almost like sipping on the old MFLB!

Texus

It is appealing for sure. Are alternate mouthpieces an option yet? Love the glass mouthpiece of my v3.

And how do the magnets compare to v3? One of my few complaints there is wAnting burlier magnets.

fogbank

It is appealing for sure. Are alternate mouthpieces an option yet? Love the glass mouthpiece of my v3.

And how do the magnets compare to v3? One of my few complaints there is wAnting burlier magnets.
Magnets on the Roffu are really strong. If you take the mouthpiece off, stand the Roffu on its end, and place the mouthpiece nearby it will be drawn to the Roffu. The mouthpiece "snaps" onto the heater when you put it on.

Last edited:

Spin0620

Got it today and used it on demand mode. It's nice cause when your talking to someone your herb won't burn. I used the glass bowl at 400 and big clouds light brown not burnt. I can still go back to it a little later. Little bit stronger than the pro vs 3. First impressions good.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just a quick video to show how the bowls work, I find the vapor taste is more like conduction if I go over 180-190C. I usually start at 160c or 170c for a 6-minute session then bump up to 170c-180c to finish off a bowl. I have had a few bowls at 210c+ and can extract a load very quickly but I am not a big fan of the flavor when I do this...anyway,
And the second puff as filming while vaping takes some practice,

Pishorkata

Has anyone actually found an EU-based retailer? Or at least one that ships to EU?
Only one I found that has the Roffu was vape-sm**t.com but they are US based and don't deliver to all EU countries as my order got automatically cancelled ...
Really looking forward this one but it's such a shame that I just can't find it anywhere :ugh:

Texus

But we just haven't yet seen a wide release for the device. Maybe delayed on a ship or supply chain issues etc. I still consider this one barely released.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I couldn’t find one for a decent price in US, so this one is off my buying list. :(
Already down to $162 (less than half the price of some plastic and aluminium portables) at Xvape with free shipping,
No doubt it will go on sale and get cheaper in the future.
I would also add that the Xmax V3 Pro dosing caps work a treat in the Roffu, just need an extra few degrees in temp to get cooking and make for an easy mate of the Roffu to a bong.
I have only just passed 600 on the puff counter (testing a lot of different vapes atm) and will say I am enjoying smaller loads at lower temps in the Roffu. I like that we have the choice to hit the higher temps (at the expense of great flavour but still acceptable) if we so choose.

Pishorkata

I literally just found it on xvape's official website & like 4-5 mexican wholesale distributors
Nowhere to be seen outside US...
I've asked few EU retailers whether or not they are planning on offering this
So far one of them said no, another one is taking a look at it today and rest of them haven't even responded... :shrug:

GymWolf

Well damn i'm seeing some videos about thing and i may have made a mistake buying the xmax v3 since this one looks like the big but still kinda cheap brother...

p.s. well at least i have the "comfort" of knowing that the device is not near to being released in europe, so i cry with one eye only like we say in italy.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Well damn i'm seeing some videos about thing and i may have made a mistake buying the xmax v3 since this one looks like the big but still kinda cheap brother...

p.s. well at least i have the "comfort" of knowing that the device is not near to being released in europe, so i cry with one eye only like we say in italy.

Ah yeah just keep an eye out for it! I just used mine, works well, I just still really have a problem with the taste unlike my xmax v3pro for some reason so I cannot take too many hits or use upper temps at all yet...
PXL-20220513-211902815.jpg

GymWolf

Ah yeah just keep an eye out for it! I just used mine, works well, I just still really have a problem with the taste unlike my xmax v3pro for some reason so I cannot take too many hits or use upper temps at all yet...
PXL-20220513-211902815.jpg
Does it work better in on demand mode compared to the v3 pro? mostly if the heat up time from room temp is faster and if battery life deplete slower compared to the v3 with multiple turn off\turn\heating from room temp.

Strange that you have problems with the taste, the zirconian airpath and glass bowl would suggest otherwise, very strange that it taste worse than the modest ss oven of the v3.

I guess airpath\oven math for vaporizers work aswell as MMA math...

Shit Snacks

Does it work better in on demand mode compared to the v3 pro? mostly if the heat up time from room temp is faster and if battery life deplete slower compared to the v3 with multiple turn off\turn on and heating from room temp.

I pretty much use on demand mode with both, it does not work better, although it has one small air intake, whereas xmax has two larger intakes, so it is helpful to cover parts of them if you want a denser hit, I'll do that maybe in the beginning of a hit or just control draw to be slow at first... Heat up time is not faster, if anything it might be slower, slightly different, but basically the same... And battery life using on demand, turning off and on, you still get multiple bowls with each (able to load a tiny bit more in xmax chamber maybe)

Strange that you have problems with the taste, the zirconian airpath and glass bowl would suggest otherwise, very strange that it taste worse than the modest ss oven of the v3.

There is more to it than that, the packaging material they use stinks and leeches into the vape, but also I don't know what insulation material might be around the heater, also there is silicone in the vapor path not just zirconia btw, maybe a little plastic, hard to tell what material exactly is the wall that the paper hits in the cooling unit right angle u-turn path... Zirconia is just the mouthpiece and the spiral cooling piece, they fit into silicone. The glass bowl doesn't affect the taste at all, the performance might even be better with the metal bowl I'm not sure yet, but since the vapor pathway is not glass, having a glass bowl doesn't really matter here... But my point is the heater itself is what stinks so that is all almost irrelevant anyway. Xmax can be used with an all glass path and chamber, using the fury 2 WPA which I enjoy, but yeah even stock style it is better with the steel bowl and through it ceramic cooling unit and plastic mouthpiece, the pathway is still fine, but there is still a little silicone too so it's not like either one is a flavor champion...

I guess airpath\oven math for vaporizers work aswell as MMA math...

Haha yeah you see it is more complex than it seems, would have to take it apart to see every detail, but we also don't really know the exact build process either... This is a reason why I classify most artisan vapes as more top-tier performers because of the simple build and materials used, usually evident in the flavor and vapor quality.

GymWolf

That method you say with the air intake is basically like a carb right? like fiddling with the dynavap hole during the hit, yeah i read already about this technique while browsing in the v3 topic.

In his review troy said that the glass bowl is for the taste and the titanium bowl is for bigger hits\more vapour but in the visual demo of him vaping the hits from the glass bowl were as big as the titanium ones (he spoke about minor differences anyway)

Shit Snacks

That method you say with the air intake is basically like a carb right? like fiddling with the dynavap hole during the hit, yeah i read already about this technique while browsing in the v3 topic.

Yeah sort of, I don't treat it that way though, because you don't want to cover the holes completely, and you don't tap them like a carb either, like I would just cover the bottom half of the holes and then I would like go as I see (in glass) or feel the vapor, then let go of the holes and keep going, then like over the button and keep inhaling to fully clear. It just helps so you don't have to draw as slow potentially, simplifies the inhale technique for thicker vapor.

One thing to mention here, the smaller air intake, is kind of a negative, it's right by the power button, I think it's a bad location and it's easy to cover it accidentally, and if you cover it here you're completely cutting off the airflow and vapor as a result.

In his review troy said that the glass bowl is for the taste and the titanium bowl is for bigger hits\more vapour but in the visual demo of him vaping the hits from the glass bowl were as big as the titanium ones (he spoke about minor differences anyway)

Well, like I said, I don't respect those reviews much haha, for one thing the bowl is steel not titanium, that was established if you read this thread (though I can't say what he received exactly) but yeah regardless for me like I said taste is terrible regardless... I also think performance is pretty much the same, I think I might even like the metal bowl more, but I have to use it more, mostly used the glass.

Top Bottom