XVape XLUX ROFFU

Pachena

The Roffu got HOT when I was doing the original burn-off’s. But this was multiple sessions back to back — multiple full batteries worth.

In MY real world usage, the device barely gets warm. The silicone armor sleeve is nice (and cheap), but isn’t friendly to those that charge our batteries externally. Because it’s so inexpensive, I might take scissors to it to address the battery door. I like the grip it adds.

I also use the WPA as a mouthpiece (One of these days I might actually try it through water!). The WPA with dosing capsules makes this things very easy to clean (can remove all the screens). Because of the WPA low cost, I’m thinking of getting a second one (kind of like how I read Mighty users have multiple cooling units to use between cleanings).

hinglemccringleberry

As @vapviking and @LesPlenty said, the glass WPA is COMPLETELY worth the $10. I have not used the stock mouthpiece since i got the WPA. It truly completes the experience.

Dont get me wrong, the stock MP works exceptionally well, and hits unexpectedly cool, but the WPA is MUCH better.
I don't yet own a Roffu, so I'm asking this out of ignorance:
How can the WPA (used as a native mouthpiece) be better than the stock MP when it looks like the stock MP has a longer, more complex vapor path?
Is it because you get better flavor or easier cleaning with the WPA or something?

Madtater

How can the WPA (used as a native mouthpiece) be better than the stock MP when it looks like the stock MP has a longer, more complex vapor path?
Is it because you get better flavor or easier cleaning with the WPA or something?
Honestly, both are about the same feel as far as temp goes…MAYBE stock is a tiny bit cooler, but honestly it is a feel thing for me. Draws i feel are a bit easier. The WPA is much easier to clean imho.

I suppose that last sentence was worded bad. I didnt mean “much cooler”, just much better in my opinion.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The vapor path is interesting with this wpa. It is not mounted directly over the chamber (though it can be, that isn't the design intened when using the glass mp). It is offset, so the vapor makes at least 2 right angle turns before it enters the glass tube itself (the mouthpiece).
I guess photos would explain much more clearly than my description...

And yeah, I also think the draw is a bit more open through the glass.
And I prefer the feel of glass tube to ceramic duckbill.
Both work really well, given the compct designs.

billyfitz

I'll chime in late with a post-honeymoon report.

I'm a critical bugger but I still like it a lot and recommend it.

How effective it is is very personal since people dose at such different levels. I have low tolerance so it has lots of headroom for me. The wife and I share one lightly filled oven of an evening and it's usually got more to give. It keeps the vapor surprisingly cool and doesn't get over hot for me.

Though the controls and display do what you need, I still wish it had something better and simpler than its needlessly clunky interface, five-clicking and fiddly temperature setting, the screen that's only occasionally needed, always on bright. The buzz when shutting down after stand-by is baffling - why the hell does it need to announce that? But no buzz to tell you it's reached temperature except the first time. But it works well and it's not difficult.

It seems mostly neutral for smell now but never quite totally. I used a Firewood vape for a while and I know what neutral is like and this ain't it. However, it's very slight and I only notice at high heat with a very tired load. Firewood also shows the way for user interface too.

Mildly annoying that the top pops off in a pocket. If the weed is stinky it is stinky, so using the dosing caps in their tube and storing them off the unit makes sense but still isn't always complete so it could really do with a case or cover.

But it does its job well, and a tube of dosing caps is very convenient.

hinglemccringleberry

Just took delivery of my new (to me) Roffu. I won't have time to use it for another few days.

The hi-temp grommet around the chamber screen is interesting. Considering how health conscious / paranoid this forum is about such things, I'm surprised that no one has at least commented on it. I know it's fine, it's just that food grade silicone is thought to be safe up to anywhere from 428-480F and high temp rings are good up to a few hundred degrees higher than that, but I've read all of this thread and there hasn't been a single mention of it which is uncharacteristic of this forum... The same forum with people who think the Dynavap is unsafe because of the O-rings on the tip, and the metal discs in the cap...

Is there any reason I can't ditch the Roffu chamber screen and just use a steel rimless basket screen? Not even for the 'safety of materials' factor, but more for the convenience factor; for me a basket screen would be easier to remove/reinstall/set the bowl size. And it's a finer mesh than the Roffu screen which should be better at not letting micro-crumbs fall through...

Last edited:

Petetbay

Is there any reason I can't ditch the Roffu chamber screen and just use a steel rimless basket screen? Not even for the 'safety of materials' factor, but more for the convenience factor; for me a basket screen would be easier to remove/reinstall/set the bowl size. And it's a finer mesh than the Roffu screen which should be better at not letting micro-crumbs fall through...
Yup, that’s good, the mesh has better air flow, use them with Joda wpa/stems, Delta3d 10mm baskets work just fine, available at POTV. Mesh screen in the mp grommet is nice upgrade as well.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is there any reason I can't ditch the Roffu chamber screen and just use a steel rimless basket screen?
No reason at all, as @Petetbay said the @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd (joda) owners get a few basket screens chucked in for something different.
Same as @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, I do not even use a screen there as I mainly use my unit upside down on a j-hook,
c6-a48131-5-fbc-4-bfa-8378-5-ca426-d9-ec4-a-jpg.43082

The hi-temp grommet around the chamber screen is interesting. Considering how health conscious / paranoid this forum is about such things, I'm surprised that no one has at least commented on it.
Materials safety is discussed in another thread (forum rules) so it does not clog up here with info that lots of people already know and is not just specific to the Roffu (or any vape thread on FC).:tup:

Last edited:

THX919

I see Rofu uses a 18650 2600 mAh battery. Can I use a 3600 mAh battery if I get a spare battery? Will the Rofu work properly with a higher-capacity battery? Anything to be concerned about safety using a higher capacity battery?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I see Rofu uses a 18650 2600 mAh battery. Can I use a 3600 mAh battery if I get a spare battery? Will the Rofu work properly with a higher-capacity battery? Anything to be concerned about safety using a higher capacity battery?
I was informed the Roffu needs at least a battery with a CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) of 10amps.
I like to err on the side of safety and use LG HG2 3000mAh CDR 18-20amp, Sony VT6 3000mAh CDR 20amp but in the future I will be getting Molicel P28a 2800mAh CDR 25amp so can be used in any application without worry.
:cheers:

Last edited:

zeusjames

I was informed the Roffu needs at least a battery with a CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) of 10amps.

Will it heat up faster with a higher CDR battery? What is the maximum draw? What is the CDR rating of the factory provided battery? What is the mAh rating of the provided battery (edit: 2600 mAh)?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Will it heat up faster with a higher CDR battery? What is the maximum draw? What is the CDR rating of the factory provided battery? What is the mAh rating of the provided battery (edit: 2600 mAh)?
I notice no difference in heat-up times using my LG or Sony, not sure on the max draw of the Roffu but was told a battery with 3C is needed [C-rate (C) = charge or discharge current in amperes (A) / rated capacity of the battery(Ah)].
The capacity quoted is 3200mAh and I saw test sheets of between 3252-3268mAh but I find my Nitecore SC4 usually inputs just under 2650mAh but that is from the cutoff that the Roffu has (around 3.1v whereas a flat 18650 is 2.5v) which is not dead flat so your batteries will have a longer cycle life.

zeusjames

a battery with 3C is needed

I don't have a good understanding of the C rating. I am still learning about the 18650 battery ratings. The batteries I see usually have a CDR and a mAh capacity I don't see a C rating. I assume the CDR is more important than the capacity as far as the functioning of the Roffu. More capacity would just benefit how long the battery lasts while in use. I know these things affect each other but I still don't understand it all yet.

I started doing some of my own testing to help me learn more and help with future battery purchases. I turn on the Roffu and record the time it takes to reach operating temperature in three minute session mode. I am comparing the original Roffu battery to a Molicel P28A with a capacity of 2800mAh and CDR of 35A rated best all round battery at the 18650BatteryStore and an Epoch 3000P 18650 battery with a 3000mAh capacity and 15A CDR rated best vape battery at the 18650BatteryStore. I am considering adding a Sony SONY-VTC5 2600 mAh 20A or a Sony SONY-VTC6 3000mAh 15A to the mix. I am guessing a faster heat up time would indicate a better performance from the battery. 3000 mAh would be better than 2600 mAh but what do I sacrifice by using 15A instead of 20A?

I don't have any significant results yet. I have modified my testing procedure so had to start over. I was timing until I got the vibration but the seconds between the display and the vibration is not consistent so now I use the display only. The Roffu battery has been used a little more than the others but perhaps only two or three times more. I also don't record the starting temp which also introduces another variable. However if I repeat the tests multiple times I might get an indication if there is a difference between a CDR of 15A and a CDR of 35A. If I don't see a significant difference between 15A and 35A I will probably opt for the Sony VTC6 which has a higher capacity than the VTC5 unless there are more things I should consider.

My Roffu seems to cut off at 3.3 V based on the battery voltage after the Roffu says it's done or my volt meter might be wrong.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If I don't see a significant difference between 15A and 35A I will probably opt for the Sony VTC6 which has a higher capacity than the VTC5 unless there are more things I should consider.
For the sake of 200mAh...get the Molicel, the devil you know as it will probably be 2750mAh in a year but your Sony may have dropped to 2850mAh as the Molicel has a lower starting resistance when new and should lose its capacity more slowly...maybe?
As I said,
I will be getting Molicel P28a 2800mAh CDR 25amp so can be used in any application without worry.
My Roffu seems to cut off at 3.3 V based on the battery voltage after the Roffu says it's done or my volt meter might be wrong.
It may depend on where you were in the last session where the actual cut-off will hit and also how long you take to get your multi-meter reading after shut-down.
I like your idea of more testing to check the low cut-off battery protection...I will join you in the task...tomorrow:science:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I guess I should have gotten this last winter when it was $99
That was the best value vape deal I have ever seen, edging out my US$125 Ghost bundle as the best value deal on a vape I have seen. I believe it was to sell the last of the OG batch of grey units that had a few hick-ups with some users.:2c:
Also, 4/20 is not here yet and I have asked HO if we can have a code but have not heard back on that yet.:wave:
Though the grinder is cute
It will do the job and hopefully get users to at least try something rather than scissors or finger pulling to load as the Roffu convection heating likes a lot of surface area on herbs to work well.
That said, I will advise HO that the WPA/glass MP might be added to the Full kit.
a second chamber (stainless steel), the funnel, shovel and cloth pouch all of which I wouldn't want to be without.
I never thought I would need the Shovel or funnel but they both get used for every bowl!
The loading tools handle is affected by magnets but not the blade section so it works great in my OM as the magnetized center post has no effect on the tool face but it hangs off a magnet with the help of the brush inside it when not in use.

zeusjames

Though the grinder is cute, I do agree, all the other stuff is worthwhile.
I think the glass mp/wpa should be included in the full kit as well, hey, lose the grinder and put the wpa in there!

I was mentioning the things that I myself have found most useful and likely missed something else as well. I don't use the grinder. I already have two and a BCG on the way. I bought the kit for a second unit and now wish I had purchased a second full kit after experiencing what's isn't in the kit. I can get a spare of just about everything except for the pouch which is what I use.

Yes to the mp/wpa and also a dosing capsule although I don't have the mp yet.

Better than a Roffu is two Roffus. I have one set-up for dosing capsules and the other with just the chamber. Before learning about the dosing capsules I used multiple glass and SS chambers. I prefill the chambers and swap them in and out.

Then I discovered and added the dosing capsules and thought they were great. Now I am having second thoughts. They hold less weed than a chamber. Also I find more resistance in the draw. Perhaps I have been packing them too tight. And swappable chambers accomplishes the same thing and with a larger load and a better draw. The capsules have the advantage of easier storage and would be good for on the go. I found some tiny jars that hold two capsules. I label the jar so I can easily swap out my different strains.

I purchased a small wooden box to hold the pre filled capsules and chambers so I have a collection available as I sit in my chair and watch TV or whatever. The capsules are in the labeled little jars. I cut a board to fit and drilled 3/8 inch holes for 3/8 inch wooden plugs and then place the chambers over the wooden pegs. I label the strains with a piece of tape on the wooden box lid.

With multiple batteries, chambers and capsules and two prefilled Roffus I can sit back and enjoy my weed.

I had my first toke over fifty years ago. After a long break I came back after it became legal in my state and started smoking again. Then a couple of months ago I learned about dry herb vaporizers. I read a few reviews and purchased a Roffu and think I made a good choice...then bought another.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
purchased a small wooden box to hold the pre filled capsules and chambers so I have a collection available as I sit in my chair and watch TV or whatever.
Sounds well organised and glad you are happy with our device!
I see some 4/20 sales starting...UK/EU peeps...20% off,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had my first toke over fifty years ago. After a long break I came back after it became legal in my state and started smoking again. Then a couple of months ago I learned about dry herb vaporizers. I read a few reviews and purchased a Roffu and think I made a good choice...then bought another.
So welcome to the vaping world (and back to the cannabis world!).
Have you fucked combustion totally? You might notice that combustion actually becomes unpleasant if you only vape.
But vapor tastes better if you never combust!

zeusjames

You might notice that combustion actually becomes unpleasant if you only vape.
I haven't smoked since I got the Roffu. I consider vaporizing revolutionary. It makes no sense combusting, it seems archaic. Also I find vaporizing more efficient which isn't necessary now that I grow my own. I am impressed by the quality of the Roffu and how much the weed world has evolved. It seems to me that pot heads are now a bunch of perfectionists both in growing and creating devices. Does weed make users smarter?

zeusjames

There is a round filter that floats in the center of the oven chamber. It appears to have an o'ring. I have not been able to find spare filters or spare o'rings. I want to be prepared if/when I eventually need a replacement.

What size is the o'ring? My best guess is 8 mm ID and 10 mm OD with a thickness of 1 mm ???

Top Bottom