XVape XLUX ROFFU

japecan

Early weekend evening Roffu fans :). I just received mine today, ordered Tuesday with “jingle” code :). Ordered the capsule’s, extra glass chamber and glass adapter $135. Openned box I smell nothing, but my senior nose might be old but i stopped smoking 2 years ago so nose is more sensitive. Cleaned out everything i could take apart with three wipes they provided still have one left. Pulled the plastic away from battery compartnent, powered on then off, like replacing with new battery ;). Charging now has 4/5 bars 80% charged. Will update after charge so initial apperance & power function appears normal. Sure is a pretty.

japecan

Ok after charge from 4 to 5 bars, took 1 hour with provided cable using 1st Gen iPhone charger, was cool to the touch! Proceeded to pinch herb into glass chamber, little difficult, maybe I should of gotten the funnel, set the Roffu to 350º and took a puff and got the herbs? Stopped took the mouthpiece off herb all over the place, confused. Further investigation when I put the silicon with screen, the screen wasn't there, duh. Looked around and saw it, pretty pretty small. Now to brush everything out. Wow big learning curve right away with this. I usually use a Vapcap variety, with Mighty, logs or Pockety plugins, very simple. 350º very tasty with melonade, with no visible vapor for me, pushed it to 375º still same flavor but visible lite vapor. So far so good. The Roffu does get warmer while using it. I like so far. I bought capsules too, pretty tiny, put them in glass chamber but the mouthpiece cap doesn't fit flush, instructions provided within box is useless because it too too too small to read and I like to read. Look it up on your digital devices for easier reading. The glass adapter smelled like silicon initially till I wiped it with iso, will soak and see. I will report again :)

Last edited:

Old Stoner1958

Ok after charge from 4 to 5 bars, took 1 hour with provided cable using 1st Gen iPhone charger, was cool to the touch! Proceeded to pinch herb into glass chamber, little difficult, maybe I should of gotten the funnel, set the Roffu to 350º and took a puff and got the herbs? Stopped took the mouthpiece off herb all over the place, confused. Further investigation when I put the silicon with screen, the screen wasn't there, duh. Looked around and saw it, pretty pretty small. Now to brush everything out. Wow big learning right away with this. I usually use a Vapcap, Mighty or Pockety very simple. 350º very tasty with no visible vapor for me, pushed it to 375º still flavor but visible lite vapor. So far so good. The Roffu does get warmer while using it. I like so far. I bought capsules too, pretty tiny, put them in glass chamber but the mouthpiece cap doesn't fit flush, instructions provided within box is useless because it too too too small to read and I like to read. Look it up on your digital devices for easier reading. The glass adapter smelled like silicon initially till I wiped it with iso, will soak and see. I will report again :)
Take out the screen in the glass chamber to use the capsules. I use the caps all the time....makes cleaning so easy.

Old Stoner1958

Wow thanks for that quick response :) I was proof reading then saw bell. Do you pack it tight? Thank you for that hint @Old Stoner1958
You really dont want to pack it tight. A light tamp will do. I love my Roffu. This thing can really hit hard when I want it to.
When I use the capsules(all the time) I remove the screen on the Cooling unit (upper part) and just leave the silicone. The caps keep the little bits inside and the screen will clog fast if you keep it in there.

japecan

Very nice flavor at 385º then finishing off at 428º, adequately medicated :). Also tried it with their glass adapter, vapor very visible using 5" recycler dry. Also nice by drawing on the stem itself, so I have a few TRWW stems with mouthpiece so here goes.......https://ibb.co/qWKKb6J

Roffu capsules keeps device clean, but takes a little more time to clean and fill than my Mighty caps :). So TRWW stem is a little wider than Roffu glass adapter so it will stretch the silicon out a little so if you have other stems ymmv ;). Here's another stem that I had made for my Mighty cooling unit. "https://ibb.co/L11LkSS". Still learning to upload photos :)

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Haven't been on this thread for a while and haven't got caught up but one thing I did notice I was using the standard cooling unit and I was pressing the metal spiral piece deeper in the silicone and it greatly causes a wide air gap took me a while to figure it out since I'm mostly used the WPA but you should definitely just barely set it in the silicone and it seals up nicely if anyone's having this problem? Just thought I would share my:2c: since it took me a while to figure it out

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it greatly causes a wide air gap took
Whenever I reassemble the CU after cleaning I will place the CU against my hand and suck on it...it should seal completely if correct.
I am still enjoying doubles as the extra airflow allows me to use recyclers etc,
1st puff,
2nd puff,
3rd and final bowl(s) ending puff after a stir,

Mad_Max

Whenever I reassemble the CU after cleaning I will place the CU against my hand and suck on it...it should seal completely if correct.
I am still enjoying doubles as the extra airflow allows me to use recyclers etc,
1st puff,
2nd puff,
3rd and final bowl(s) ending puff after a stir,
Those were some massive "puffs"! :smug: You're like a mad scientist with a PHD in Weed. :science:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Or alternatives you folks have used?
I did see a tool made specifically for shaping mesh screens to fit in glass stems...maybe the Solo thread? I cannot find it...even with Google, hopefully, someone else may remember and advise.
Edit; May eventually be worth a thread in Ask FC if we get no replies here,

Last edited:

Petetbay

Hey guys, and especially @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd (Jo_Da Glass), is there an easy source for the screen inside the Jo_Da wpa?
I’ve using the Delta3d Studios 10mm baskets from POV or Delta3D.

I did see a tool made specifically for shaping mesh screens to fit in glass stems...maybe the Solo thread? I cannot find it...even with Google, hopefully, someone else may remember and advise.
Edit; May eventually be worth a thread in Ask FC if we get no replies here,
Delta3D Studios has a basket maker that doesn’t seem to be in stock, @Delta3DStudios might answer if they still stock them. 2 sizes available.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Not sure if anybody's tried concentrates in the ROFFU? I did a bud sandwich method basically a lair of flower then some concentrate on top all in the dosing capsule. It was ripping very well. The extra added heat at max temp Plus the capsule with added conduction makes a big difference actually it's harder than my my popular butane vape that starts with a "D"

FYI I have not tried it without a capsule I only use this device no matter what with capsules It gives me the best results that fit my needs. Keeps everything super clean and extracts to a darker roast.

One thing I've also noticed is this device is super easy to clean All I really use is hot water out of the faucet and it's really clean. Not so much for my other devices that are more pure materials.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Delta3D Studios has a basket maker that doesn’t seem to be in stock, @Delta3DStudios might answer if they still stock them. 2 sizes available.

Thanks for the shoutout!

For sure I still have a press for making screens (I like the larger BP465 screens to act as a secondary screen in my 18mm WPA's to catch debris which flies past the main screen which really helps keep my water cleaner in the waterpipe), but the press itself is currently out of stock until I can find a new machine shop to work with on the product (or acquire the tooling to do it myself).

I actually got some new hardware this week to try and make a press using some off-the-shelf components and 3D printed bits, but I haven't had time to beta-test anything yet (busy holidaze season coming up - lots of prep work for that!).

I've been hearing a lot about the Roffu lately, seriously thinking about adding one to the personal collection. Does anyone know how it compares to the HealthyRips Rogue or Crafty?

Petetbay

I've been hearing a lot about the Roffu lately, seriously thinking about adding one to the personal collection. Does anyone know how it compares to the HealthyRips Rogue or Crafty?
I don’t have a Crafty, a OG Mighty which is close and I prefer the Roffu. The Rogue is a fav of mine for both taste and clouds, though the Rogue bowl is bigger I prefer the Roffu especially for taste and with the Jo_Da glass stem the Roffu does bigger loads. The only downside is the Roffu extracts fast and I liked the longer Rogue sessions. I vape a lot of hash and the Roffu does a nice job there. :2c:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Delta3D Studios has a basket maker
Thanks @Petetbay, that is the one I was thinking of.:tup:
but the press itself is currently out of stock until I can find a new machine shop to work with
Would be a handy addition for any vaper as a lot of vapes use stems for roasting tubes, we would need a smaller unit to suit the Roffu (WoodScents, DV, and others).
As for a secondary filter, I use part of a S&B concentrate pad fluffed up into a ball to catch scooby snacks in my j-hooks as the mesh settles itself into position nicely up the pipe.
I've been hearing a lot about the Roffu lately, seriously thinking about adding one to the personal collection.
I would recommend it...even without my bias, the Onyx Grey Full Kit is on sale and can be had for only US$126 with the code WONDER
The only downside is the Roffu extracts fast and I liked the longer Rogue sessions.
I find using a j-hook can be a slower more relaxed way to use the Roffu rather than the fast and furious 2 or 3 bong-rips to finish a bowl, nice to be able to do either.
We should not forget how well the CU works and is great for out-and-about duties. It is especially good for stealth when you add the $5 silicon armor sleeve.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hey guys, and especially @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd (Jo_Da Glass), is there an easy source for the screen inside the Jo_Da wpa?
I hand press each screen with a little jig I have in my shop. I can probably make a few and toss them in the mail if u need. I just hit mine with a torch lighter every few Deion’s to clean it personally. They are a decently high quality stainless mesh that I sourced.

JoeMama

I've been looking all over and what little screens I have laying around, they're way too stiff for this kind of stamping...

EUREKA!! The ROFFU silicone-ringed screen used in the glass and metal tubes will fit just right into the Jo_Da Glass.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I've been looking all over and what little screens I have laying around, they're way too stiff for this kind of stamping...

EUREKA!! The ROFFU silicone-ringed screen used in the glass and metal tubes will fit just right into the Jo_Da Glass.

I thought I had mentioned before that the factory screen and oring fit in my wpa’s. That is how I’ve used mine since I started making them. I just send them with the basket screen so you have options.

japecan

So after two weeks I still like the Roffu but still really hate the cleaning of the pods and glass bowl. It just a little too small but doable if you slow down and take your time. I'm retired I have time :) I have been using it with Roffu wpa but ordered @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd WPA Monday evening and it got here Thursday afternoon, USPS is great! WOWWE works great very happy. Using with j-hook and pods at 170º is flavor city for me. Still trying to figure out best amount to use loose flower, but when it works flavor :) Oh added bonus for e-nano xl users maybe........https://ibb.co/RB3H707.......

Top Bottom