XVAPE FOG Pro

fogbank

If I take the lid off of my Fog Pro, occlude the screen with my thumb, and draw through the mouthpiece there is slight air leak.

If I press downward slightly on the end of the mouthpiece the mouthpiece will move downward, resulting in a much more pronounced air leak as the mouthpiece connector moves in the hole in the lid.

This would have the opposite effect of blocking the air intake holes. It could be negatively impacting the performance of the Fog Pro.

RxPlorer

Came back to my fog pro for the first time in a couple of weeks. This guy is my travel edc, and I haven't seen him while WFH.

On getting refamiliar, happy to say that I'm still impressed! Trading in for the roffu may be a tough choice.

fogbank

I still have my Fog Pro in rotation and I break it out now and then. I don't get a monster cloud on the first hit unless I draw pretty hard for 20+ seconds. Otherwise I get a whispy first hit and a monster second hit. I don't like the way the mouthpiece is connected to the top lid - mine can "rock" a little, which introduces an air leak.

When it gets going the Fog Pro can hit really hard.

Since this isn't a comparison thread I will just say that the Roffu is in a different league than the Fog Pro.

Petetbay

If there’s some Canadians interested in the Fog Pro it’s on sale @ Canvape for $110, they ship to Canada only.

Pishorkata

Anyone aware if any dosing capsules fit on the Fog Pro?

So I've been using Starry 3 for about a year or two now and I'm liking it overall but I have some issues like the ceramic oven (mine cracked at one point and a piece of it is missing) and the micro usb
Which the Fog Pro fixes with steel oven & type C, and has some other cool stuff like faster heating, keeps the removable battery (and I believe I can use the one from the Starry, correct?) etc..

I also checked V3 Pro but honestly I prefer the shape & mouthpiece of the Fog Pro (as a Starry user right now)
I think I read somewhere that Fury Edge dosing caps fit on the V3 Pro perfectly, but at the same time Fog Pro bowl is a bit bigger, no?
Would the HR Rogue dosing caps fit nice on the Fog Pro, any ideas? I think Rogue has a bit bigger bowl, might be wrong here tho, not sure on depth either

I'm really looking to upgrade my vaping to something that supports dosing caps because stealth and portability are one of my main goals
I've checked Fury Edge & Rogue too but they appear to be on the more expensive side, if Fog Pro fits any caps by any chance then I feel like I'm going with it

Pishorkata,
Reactions: LeftBased

Petetbay

I think I read somewhere that Fury Edge dosing caps fit on the V3 Pro perfectly, but at the same time Fog Pro bowl is a bit bigger, no?
Would the HR Rogue dosing caps fit nice on the Fog Pro, any ideas? I think Rogue has a bit bigger bowl, might be wrong here tho, not sure on depth either
The Rogue caps fit the FogPro, not as snug as the Fury Edge caps in the V3Pro, but they fit/work pretty good. :tup:

Pishorkata

Oh damn, so if they fit good enough I might even consider just ordering the Fog Pro
Given that it's mainly convection heating I'd assume it will work fine with the caps and won't burn uneven?

Do you think it will be decent upgrade over the Starry 3? Here in EU the Fog Pro is about 110-115 USD
I actually found some caps for the Starry 3 as well, but at this point it feels a bit outdated.. plus mine's missing a piece of the oven and I expect the micro-USB to die soon

HR vapes support caps but are kinda expensive, Fury Edge & Rogue start at like 150 USD
I see some mixed opinions about the V3 Pro but I see them for the Fog as well so I really have no idea what to choose

Does Fog Pro get at least like decent clouds? I know it doesn't probably compare to heavier devices like Mighty+ or maybe even the Solo 2 idk
But compared to the conduction on the Starry 3 I hope to get at least similar result (you can get some decent clouds with the Starry if your bud is dryer and you hit at higher temp)

Also at higher temps the Starry gets a bit hot and kinda goes harder on the lungs, I can't take quite long draws
You think the convection would be softer at higher temp? Starry is the only vape I own so never tried convection

Petetbay

Given that it's mainly convection heating I'd assume it will work fine with the caps and won't burn uneven?
Yes
Do you think it will be decent upgrade over the Starry 3?
Yes
HR vapes support caps but are kinda expensive, Fury Edge & Rogue start at like 150 USD
Never tried a Fury Edge. Just purchased a 2nd Rogue 4/20 to replace my original as the battery is starting to go. Rogue does it all great, low temp taste and hi temp clouds with a great form factor. Its only flaw though pretty big is the built in battery will die eventually.
I see some mixed opinions about the V3 Pro but I see them for the Fog as well so I really have no idea what to choose
V3Pro and FogPro are very similar except for the form factor and bowl size. The V3 is better at its price point that the Fog is at its price point. Both have too much air intake, but this can be adjusted imo. V3 also has optional wpa and glass mp that are great. Fog can use the Starry wpa attached to the swivel mp or a dimpled stem using same adapter. I prefer the V3 options more.
Does Fog Pro get at least like decent clouds?
Yes
I know it doesn't probably compare to heavier devices like Mighty+ or maybe even the Solo 2 idk
Maybe not the Mighty, but I think it’s better at clouds than the Solo 2. If you offered me a free Mighty OG or a Rogue, I’d take the Rogue. If you offered me a Mighty+ or a Rogue, I’d take the + sell it and buy 2 Rogues.
But compared to the conduction on the Starry 3 I hope to get at least similar result (you can get some decent clouds with the Starry if your bud is dryer and you hit at higher temp)
You can’t bake a cake in FogPro like you can in a Starry bowl, but imo it’s an upgrade to the Starry. V3Pro as well.
Also at higher temps the Starry gets a bit hot and kinda goes harder on the lungs, I can't take quite long draws
You think the convection would be softer at higher temp?
Convection needs long draws to work good, hard or slow does matter, but doesn’t like short sips.

fogbank

Does Fog Pro get at least like decent clouds?
Yes, but it requires more "priming" than my other full convection vapes. I don't get clouds unless I draw hard for at least 16 seconds on the first it.

What I don't like about the Fog Pro: The magnets on the lid are a little weak. The lid does not hold on to the body as well as I would like. There is some wobble in the mouthpiece that can introduce air leaks.

Petetbay

What I don't like about the Fog Pro: The magnets on the lid are a little weak. The lid does not hold on to the body as well as I would like. There is some wobble in the mouthpiece that can introduce air leaks.
Agree with weak magnets, should’ve used the Ace magnets which pull from twice the distance and snaps shut. I use a silicone band from the Vista Mini 2 to seal the mp from any possibility of a air leak and secures it better, the swivel mp seal is now the weak point. Another silicone band is used to close off some of the intake holes for tighter draw.

Petetbay

If there’s some Canadians interested in the Fog Pro it’s on sale @ Canvape for $110, they ship to Canada only.

Down to $89.95CDN now.

Robert-in-YEG

Down to $89.95CDN now.
The Fog Pro has been one of my favourite convection vapes. At $90, it is tempting to consider a backup.

Where the Fog Pro has disappointed is the top. The magnets are weak, the silicone rubber fits OK, but tends to stretch and deform from use, cleaning, and normal wear and tear. This is one the weak points of an otherwise beautiful vape. Last, being less popular, parts are a challenge. Replacement tops are available but are not always in stock.

Robert-in-YEG

bm96

Anyone still loving their FOG in 2023? I'm interested in one, but trying to learn about the main differences between their other portables.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anyone still loving their FOG in 2023? I'm interested in one, but trying to learn about the main differences between their other portables
I am still enjoying mine but it does not get used as much as some of my other vapes. If you are a fan of the straw-type mouthpiece then the Fog Pro might be your pick. Price and availability may also help with your decision.

Robert-in-YEG

I am still enjoying mine but it does not get used as much as some of my other vapes. If you are a fan of the straw-type mouthpiece then the Fog Pro might be your pick. Price and availability may also help with your decision.
In terms of size, shape, design, and performance, I have been happy with the Fog Pro. I like the way it fits in my hand.

What I don't like, is that the top doesn't stay on. It also isn't well designed for use with a bong. The Fog Pro has good battery life, it has a large oven, it has the potential to be great. Consumable parts are a bit hard to find, and more expensive than the XMax V3 Pro.

If I'm going out and want a convection vape to put in my pocket, the Fog Pro is one to grab.

Robert-in-YEG

OceanBreeze

Anyone still loving their FOG in 2023? I'm interested in one, but trying to learn about the main differences between their other portables.
I still enjoy my Fog Pro to sit around and sip but reach for my Roffu and V3 Pro more often because I like to use a water piece. I'm not fond of the FP whip, it works but I just prefer glass over silicone.

bm96

I still enjoy my Fog Pro to sit around and sip but reach for my Roffu and V3 Pro more often because I like to use a water piece. I'm not fond of the FP whip, it works but I just prefer glass over silicone.
I have been eying the Roffu before this one, The mouthpiece on the Roffu turned me off initially as it reminded me of the Pax I had like 10yrs ago, but then I learned you can swap it for a glass or slanted tube (if it's available aftermarket?. heck yes, that looks like my next vape.

Petetbay

I have been eying the Roffu before this one, The mouthpiece on the Roffu turned me off initially as it reminded me of the Pax I had like 10yrs ago, but then I learned you can swap it for a glass or slanted tube (if it's available aftermarket?. heck yes, that looks like my next vape.
Unless you can pick up a Fog Pro really cheap I’ve seen it for $100CDN, I’d go for the Roffu with the accessory wpa/mp and the silicone sleeve it’s far superior in many ways, though the bowl is smaller, but that too can be increased as well. :2c:

Robert-in-YEG

bowl is smaller,
My 2-bits: the bowel on the Fog Pro is too big.

Without a bong, the Fog Pro eats through flower for me. The Fog Pro starts off nice, but by the time the (9 minute?) session is over, the taste is gone.

The AVB will vary from light to medium brown. The darkness will vary with the volume of air. Hooked up to a bong, this unit can cook flower, but rubber hoses are not my preference. The Fog Pro is not the unit for pairing with a bong.

When used with the little mouthpiece, it takes some effort (or patience) to get full extraction. This is a sipping vape. For me, it is like a pipe. It has its time and place, but it isn't in daily use.

My use for the Fog Pro, is when visiting. The Fog Pro works well with lower temperatures. This, along with the bigger bowl, makes it great for packing up, and nursing 2 or 3 sessions out of the bigger bowl. Yes the taste gets crappy by the end, but when sitting and chatting friends, it's a nice unit. Too bad the top doesn't stay on properly..........

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use the Ace top on the Fog Pro, way stronger magnets and fits.
I found it fits but does not seal very well, a very airy draw with whispy clouds to match compared to the OG with my examples/testing.

LesPlenty,

Petetbay

I found it fits but does not seal very well, a very airy draw with whispy clouds to match compared to the OG with my examples/testing.
The seal is at the top of the bowl, the OG screens don’t work good, I use a Davinci small ceramic spacer both Fog Pro and Ace, the seal is good now as the spacer flares out the silicone for tight fit on the bowl, use a Vista Mini 2 band around the top as insurance and another adjusting the air inlet holes.

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom