• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I traveled over last weekend and I took my V3 pro. I typically take vapes with me that I don't care about losing due to overzealous TSA agents or my own forgetfulness.

It had been a long while since I had used my V3 pro so I was pleasantly surprised how well it performed. Good clouds, great flavor, better than I remembered. And I was using the stock MP. I was lucky to get good flower which probably helped a lot.

Anyway I keep thinking I will give this device away but I am now going to hang on to it as my travel go-to. Although I should probably get rid of the vleaf go which was the travel vape before.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I haven't got a try both side by side I was told that the V3 capsules were a little bigger I measured them I came up with pretty much exactly the same with I mean maybe such a micro amount bigger on the V3? The one caps or a tiny bit taller possibly? The one caps definitely weigh more as you can see in the pictures. The V3 caps have a better snap feeling on the lid and a better carrying case but are they worth the extra $12? I haven't tried them in the vape but as far as appearance? No.
Now the V3 pro capsules do have more air holes evenly spaced out and they are larger compared to the one capsules they have a lot more tiny holes not as spaced out more in the middle let me know if the pictures work I try to get as detailed as I can

Edit. After further inspection I V3 pro ones 1 of them goes together good all the other 3 fit so loosely the caps fall off even when you press 1 is stuck shut right out of the tube, broke my fingernail trying to get it open. (Any suggestions)

Seems like two of the POTV ones are good with a better seal The other two the lids also fall off by just turning it on its side with its own weight. Is this normal for caps I could see it being good for expansion on heat but if you tip that tube out your herbs come in with it for sure on these ones

Edit edit further testing shows really good results only two variables I see were dosage caps and I took out the screen for the mouthpiece and put a stainless steel 3/8 fine mesh screen on my WPA attachment that I use native also.

I got instant vapor let it sitting at 428° for 1 minute past the vibrate and taking some hits.

Also I've read people say that it does not add conduction or this vape does not have deduction I call bullshit just letting it sit for 1 minute no hitting that cap will burn your hand. AVB is very even dark brown. It was The better hits I've had out of the V3 pro without covering any air holes or anything. Is this the cure I've been looking for to fix my hated vape? I don't know I don't want to get my hopes up too early to tell but looking good something got it performing good and the only variables I could think of are the two I mentioned.

I haven't tried the one caps yet as I was pretty medicated I will update with results

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/t80LwWm74XIB

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/sGyH7sFa2F4K

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/pAiqQtXyZyJW

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/hyyaAUMEjq5J

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

Dear X-Max, please please don't use cheap stickers on the outside of the nice stainless steel tube for the dosing capsules. These cheap stickers are a complete mess when you try to take them off and they leave all that residue.

I eventually got it clean but definitely didn't want to spend 15 minutes soaking and cleaning and scrubbing to get a sticker off especially these cheap ones that every company seems to like and stick to a glass picture frame 😉

Pukka

Dear X-Max, please please don't use cheap stickers on the outside of the nice stainless steel tube for the dosing capsules. These cheap stickers are a complete mess when you try to take them off and they leave all that residue.

I eventually got it clean but definitely didn't want to spend 15 minutes soaking and cleaning and scrubbing to get a sticker off especially these cheap ones that every company seems to like and stick to a glass picture frame 😉
Warm the sticker up with a blowdryer or shrinkwrap gun and 99% of that nasty glue comes right off with the sticker (ex-stockist/reprice master 😎).

Are these; https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/planet-of-the-vapes-one-glass-cooling-stem
compatable with this? https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/potv-xmax-v3-pro-accessory-attachment

The POTV accessory attachment lists several glass add-ons, but not this longer dimpled POTV One stem, will it fit?
Yes and yes. I have both the original XMAX and POTV glass attachment pieces and both the Hulu and POTV spikey stems fit. AFAIK the spikey stems are exactly the same. The difference on the attachment pieces is that the POTV body is taller (~2x) and the exit hole is very slightly tapered and ribbed for your pleasure (I think 🙃).

tldr: Yes they are. I own/use both.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

Warm the sticker up with a blowdryer or shrinkwrap gun and 99% of that nasty glue comes right off with the sticker (ex-stockist/reprice master 😎).
I was this many years old today when I learned how to remove a cheap sticker

So further update to be honest with you I went from wanting to throw this vape in the trash because me personally I think it just doesn't perform right at least mine. To actually really enjoying it now because of these capsules I went from no vapor production to super free flowing trying to regulate your breath covering all the holes blinking my eyes three times wiggling my ears to try to get a hit with all these methods. At the end of the day I throw one of these dosing capsules in I don't cover no airports and I get instant satisfying thick vapor I went from light green AVB doing all those fancy moves I mentioned to this just from a capsule, The POV one capsule pretty much gave me that ride the line AVB that my DynaVap will or my log vape. (Definitely not as a fast as those two but it got there within a session)

Now between the two capsules I think the obviously thinner walled pro capsules heated up faster and gave on average overall better hits remember we're talking small stuff here, and a shorter session time than the heavier walled planet of the Vapes one capsules. Those definitely started out slower weaker vapor kind of like how my unit performs without any capsules the whole time but once it heated up and got saturated it put out respectable vapor I would say some reason the flavor wasn't as good?? As the pro capsules (remember marginal differences here) One thing I did notice for sure is the AVB is a little more consistent and even with the pro capsules but honestly either way I'd be happy with either one of these and it's really up to people if they want to spend the extra 12 bucks or whatever it was for the pro capsules? The build quality is different The pro capsules are one piece on the bottom where the planet of the Vapes capsules are press-fitted.

Like I said I'd be happy either way I went from a vape I was planning on just trashing to actually thinking damned it I really need to buy a new vape on Black Friday?

The reach test I would reach for the pro capsules

Now to test the ROFFU 🤔

PS. I feel the V3 pro should definitely come with a capsule or two to give people that option because night and day difference for me. I really couldn't imagine someone hitting these that have actually a good functioning unit? I know mine without a capsule absolutely is garbage, but we've already established I have a old hundred powered unit compared to the changes they've made now per the representative as I posted earlier which were quite a bit of changes.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
PS. I feel the V3 pro should definitely come with a capsule or two
If you had purchased from 420EDC you would have got one as he gives you that and a heap of other goodies if you get it thru him,
Also, on the 420EDC listing for the V3Pro,
Add a Complete Set of Dosing Capsules with Storage Tube to your V3 Pro purchase and save $7.99 (> 28% Off)!!

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

PutOneInTheAir

If you had purchased from 420EDC you would have got one as he gives you that and a heap of other goodies if you get it thru him,
Also, on the 420EDC listing for the V3Pro,
Add a Complete Set of Dosing Capsules with Storage Tube to your V3 Pro purchase and save $7.99 (> 28% Off)!!
I think planet of the Vapes does also?
I bought my V3 when they first came out none of this was even an option at the time I guess unless if I would have thought of trying the one capsules

Very cool store though they have a ton of support for these vapes, thanks for sharing

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Wow, a few days without checking the thread and it's already 3 new pages of posts! I read all and noticed most concerns the @PutOneInTheAir issue. I'm the Reddit company Rep too and I already spoken with this guy, hope we will find how to get him happy...
Can someone please help me figure out how to get a good vapor production from the V3 pro? I absolutely hate this thing I've had it since the beginning and I rarely rarely use it which sucks cuz I really want to like it.
I reach for my DynaVap all the time because it just hits so much harder

My V3 pro has no restriction at all It is way too free-flowing and I find myself having to cover air holes and all kinds of stuff to get decent results.

I've tried cigar puffs I've tried slow puffs I've tried hitting it hard no luck.

Maybe a dosing capsule will help with harder hits? Honestly 99.9% of the time it just sits and time out in a drawer unless I have to absolutely use it for discreetness compared to my DynaVap.

Maybe there's some certain technique but I've even tried all the methods the vendor said on this thread with no luck I'm about to permanently retire it because I've had enough. I just feel I shouldn't have to hit the thing for like 45 seconds to get a decent hit.

One last effort to see if I can find some tips and tricks from someone before I toss it in permanent retirement. I've read multiple posts where people say that the hits are too restricted I am way on the opposite spectrum mine are super unrestricted and free flowing like something's not right free flowing where I have to really really work to control my speed it's like sucking through a fat open straw
Since our talks on Reddit we already came to the conclusion your device is probably defective. Sadly manufacturer warranty expired so I said you to contact the retailer in order to know if they add a retailer warranty ( it may happens).
Yeah just something's not right I'm used to convection Vapes but Dv my only conduction but my email is completely 100% convection.

I've tried the method you described and at 10 seconds I wouldn't get anything I have to at least go 30 to 40 seconds to get any kind of roast and a semi whimsy hit.

It just so crazy free flowing it's hard to get a hit. I just pretty much chalked it up as a bad investment on my part. Really really want to like this one but I don't know

I think I'm just going to go with pro legacy or a healthy rips.

I've tried a lot of different methods I've added TERP pearls and a bunch of different things.

It's weird though cuz I've heard people say that it's too restricted I just don't understand if maybe they made a design change and the earlier models had this issue? I've had it for quite a while although I bought it from planet of the Vapes I never even thought about returning it which now it's way past its time even though it's basically brand new sitting in a drawer all the time
Did you tried to cover air inlets to restrict airflow? Did you tried pre-heat (30s-1mn is good enough)?
Have thought about it but honestly I'm embarrassed if just maybe I have higher expectations then all the hype I've read about? That's what really has me scratching my head because to me it just all right mediocre wondering If maybe I had a different thought process going into it.
I guess I never made a big deal about it with POV because I have my caps and my log vape. I mean it will extract a bowl for sure but just seems like the heater is very underpowered then with the open air flow it's just not much vapor production And really drags on the extraction rate
Glad to know you bought it at POTV, it's a nice retailer and they probably can help you. Sorry to be unable but our support team will not take care of you if your unit is out of our warranty timeframe.
So after doing all this research and trying to figure out how to hit the product right and I keep getting this runaround about how convection works and this and that and this at the end of the day on Reddit the representative (top green) basically told me that my model is defective and they've made several up changes including more power coming out to the heater adjustments in the air path resistance, battery all kinds of things so basically he said I have the underpowered little vapor producing unit and it's a shame I waited so long to return it. I'm actually pretty disappointed that the company made so many changes and I bought one of the first models and that's why I've been struggling to get any kind of production because it's all been changed and powered up more. Hopefully planet of the Vapes will take care of me because xmax definitely isn't at this point in time. I knew something was wrong with my unit this whole time because people were talking about different resistance and vapor production and everything and mine was always quite the opposite.

So if any of you are in the same boat scratching your heads thanking people are hyping up something that's junk you most likely have a different unit like me and jumped on buying it too soon while they were still developing it making it better. I could never figure out why I can't get vapor production and everybody else does and why it's so darn free-flowing and other people are saying it hits perfect or it's restricted. Thank goodness for this long thread that I had to read through to put the pieces together and figure it out throughout all the post of these 93 pages
I was the rep in Reddit... Yes we made tiny changes but not built a fully new unit, like many peoples said here, the devices are the same and performs similarly.

I would love to hear others opinions between the two brands of capsules to see if you notice if it made a difference or not?
@RustyOldNail powsted a very nice comparison in the previous pages
Ordered a POTV V3Pro in purple, and it's out for delivery. Looks like I have a few pages to catch up on. My Roffu got here this morning, and I just tried it.
As of today, I will have a Starry, a Roffu, and a V3Pro. Now, I've thought about it, not a lot, but I have thought about it, and I will have to compare the three. Obviously, I need to compare the three. Who wouldn't? If you didn't compare the three, you'd always wonder. How could you think of anything else? But maybe that's just with sativas.
Wow! With this 3 devices you will be well covered!
I just used my V3 Pro for the first time today and found out that it combusted at 210°C (410° F). Some of the herbs are completely black. Is this normal that this can happen with the V3 Pro?
Blackened abv doesn't means combustion, as well abv color depends the weed, with some strains it comes out on the black side.
You are only the second person to report this and it was not that long ago that the other char happened.
I just loaded a capsule in my newest unit and went at it as hard as I could for a full 4 minute sesh but still could not get the ABV darker than tobacco brown,
1669688496695-jpg.42463
Thank you for your test!
It works fine, but it is noisy on the inhale. Love the color.
Restricting the airflow a little helps to get the inhale silent

Mine was bought in November so I'm just out of the one year warranty it's basically brand new been sitting in the drawer because of the lack of performance but now I kind of need a portable battery vape and this thing is pretty much a paperweight for me unless I start covering every air hole getting uncomfortable heat using it as a car playing the flute clicking my heels three times twitching my nose two times up down left right AB start select......
No need to play flute, just use some silicon bands to cover the air holes, I'm sorry you waited so longf before to try it, it was possible to replace it... but not anymore, warranty rules
Well, I've tried The Three, and still don't know my preference. Hate to rush to judgement when I don't know the peculiarities of each vape, but I do know the V3Pro r
I'm glad you enjoy flavor, feel free to share more in the specific's vaporizr threads when you'll have fully tested your 3 news Topgreen vaporizers!
Yeah unfortunately I kept getting misled like I was using the device wrong and gave up on it and now it's too late pretty much. It is what it is I should never bought it in the first place either I got a defective unit or this device is extremely hyped up? Definitely does not meet my expectations and I shouldn't have to do all these fancy crazy things to get it to work properly. Definitely not going to keep the parts cuz I will not be owning another V3 pro that's for dang sure I should have just bought the POV one
Sorry, I understand your disappointment but can't do anything else since the device is out of warranty

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I used to clean my V3 regularly but not much lately. I cleaned the mouthpiece last week, after maybe more than a couple of months of not cleaning. There was a lot of left over build up.
I put in the usual amount in a capsule, and wow that was strong, was not expecting that at all. Will remember to start cleaning again!

PutOneInTheAir

Wow, a few days without checking the thread and it's already 3 new pages of posts! I read all and noticed most concerns the @PutOneInTheAir issue. I'm the Reddit company Rep too and I already spoken with this guy, hope we will find how to get him happy...

Since our talks on Reddit we already came to the conclusion your device is probably defective. Sadly manufacturer warranty expired so I said you to contact the retailer in order to know if they add a retailer warranty ( it may happens).

Did you tried to cover air inlets to restrict airflow? Did you tried pre-heat (30s-1mn is good enough)?

Glad to know you bought it at POTV, it's a nice retailer and they probably can help you. Sorry to be unable but our support team will not take care of you if your unit is out of our warranty timeframe.

I was the rep in Reddit... Yes we made tiny changes but not built a fully new unit, like many peoples said here, the devices are the same and performs similarly.

@RustyOldNail powsted a very nice comparison in the previous pages

Wow! With this 3 devices you will be well covered!

Blackened abv doesn't means combustion, as well abv color depends the weed, with some strains it comes out on the black side.

Thank you for your test!

Restricting the airflow a little helps to get the inhale silent

No need to play flute, just use some silicon bands to cover the air holes, I'm sorry you waited so longf before to try it, it was possible to replace it... but not anymore, warranty rules

I'm glad you enjoy flavor, feel free to share more in the specific's vaporizr threads when you'll have fully tested your 3 news Topgreen vaporizers!

Sorry, I understand your disappointment but can't do anything else since the device is out of warranty
Not only want to get started on this again bottom line V3 pro sucks in my book. Maybe my devices defective or not but I tried for a long time telling the manufacturer you guys that it was and I kept getting the runaround try to try that try this I sent emails never got emails sent back and now I'm out of warranty bottom line it was shady. I tried and tried to return it but I kept getting the runaround from both sides talk to the manufacturer talk to the person you bought it from blah blah blah then now I'm out of warranty. I put way too much energy in that device. The most support I had was on social media email wasn't worth anything. (No response)

Everybody has their own point of view and their own opinions I just feel the whole thing with shady blame the person blame the person on technique then it just gets brushed into the rug and then now you're out of warranty no email response. I don't know maybe somehow something got missed or something but to each their own. My new vape works much better than the V3 that thing will sit in the drawer like it's spent 99% of its life.

My point of view was I've been complaining about these things and then all the sudden these are all the changes that they were made so this whole time when I said I had a defective unit and I was getting told try this try that All you got to hit is slow where you got to do this I was right My unit is defective or the V3 pro sucks one of the two but now there's changes for all the stuff I made a complaint about yet it's not oh I'm sorry we did make changes let's make this right and replace your unit it's no we're out of warranty when I have history of post saying things

Either way I'm over it I just took it as a loss unless you want to use the capsules not sure about other people but it made a difference in mine for sure. I also don't notice a huge difference between the POV capsules and the V3 pro Little bit better quality made more even holes but comes at a price tag of double the price of the planet of the Vapes ones at least when I paid for them.

Anybody that has any problems with the V3 I recommend trying the capsules the attic deduction does definitely make a big difference no need to mess around with playing the flute and doing all these special things.

At the end of the day we're all just going to have our different points of views on it I just felt like I said above doesn't mean right or wrong but at least it's on the web and people can make their own decisions by reading through this great thread or other social media outlets.

I'm not going to come on here and post all our chats and all the times I try to say what I said and the responses I'll just take it as a learning lesson.
At least you guys seem to get the ROFFU Right.

This will be my last post on this subject with you there's only one way to make me happy and you know what that is so let's not beat around the bush. I'm not going to sit there and mess with silicone bands anymore and do all the stuff to get your device to work properly that was your guys's job not the customers you sold a device that wasn't ready for market plain and simple And you didn't stand behind your product.

Like I said this will be my last post on this subject I'm not going to put no more energy you could respond however you want I don't care I already came to the fact that the manufacturer is not going to do anything about it they didn't since this whole time I've been complaining why now or respond to my emails in the past.

Like I said right or wrong everybody has their own opinions maybe mine's wrong but that's how I feel and it's not going to change unless I see some action as simple as that but I definitely do not recommend this device and if someone's already struggling like I've seen many with the same issues I had try the capsules let them be soaked for a minute then start getting at it.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited:
PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Glad I got the V3Pro. With the magnetic cap from POTV, I have been finding all sorts of mouthpieces that fit. My current favorite is a black one hitter from Ryot. The V3Pro is currently the vape in my hoodie pocket. It's nice to have during the take the dogs out ritual.

seedy53

This means all new project release
companies do this not just this one:
how long will the quality of components last?
i know ceo's of other manufacture plants/office
and company CEO people pressure (newer/products) companies to save money as quickly as they can.
that means, labor and materials.
I've seen companies release Winner products and later use cheaper materials or make module parts, making things to break faster.
They do this usually, after product been out for a year or so.

Last edited:
seedy53,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Are these; https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/planet-of-the-vapes-one-glass-cooling-stem
compatable with this? https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/potv-xmax-v3-pro-accessory-attachment

The POTV accessory attachment lists several glass add-ons, but not this longer dimpled POTV One stem, will it fit?
Yes, yes, as others have said, yes. I've been going through glass stems and one hitters, and have found a bunch that fit with the magnetic cap from POTV. Many are glass Dynavap stems from @Sneaky Pete , including the spiral twisty ones. My favorite is a GRAV Helix Chillum. You get the venturi chamber, it cools beautifully, and I have a second use for these underused chillum. Also from GRAV, the 12mm taster with silicone sleeve fits perfectly, you get a silicone mouthpiece, and when you aren't using it, you can slip the other end on taster, and it's protected for travel. The purple is gorgeous with the purple V3Pro.
With the POTV attachment, you get modular function.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
…. I tried for a long time telling the manufacturer you guys that it was and I kept getting the runaround try to try that try this I sent emails
never got emails sent back and now I'm out of warranty bottom line it was shady.
I tried and tried to return it but ….
…….
Enjoy your day!
I understand you aren’t happy with your V3, it does sound like something is wrong maybe.
But you did write earlier that you didn’t try returning it:
…..
…..I've had it for quite a while although I bought it from planet of the Vapes I never even thought about returning it which now it's way past its time even though it's basically brand new sitting in a drawer all the time
Enjoy your week!

dude_de

Hey all! I've been considering adding a V3 pro to my stable for the on demand feature and the replaceable battery - obviously, heating up all the way for a hit or two over and over again will eat more power. I am however, very concerned by the topic of airflow. From the looks of the display, I'm guessing that it's made by the same company that made the Flowermates and the Tera. Both suck in the airflow department, the Tera has been my biggest disappointment.

I would love airflow like the Crafty or Fury 2, I would hate another "full convection" device with zero airflow.

Where does it sit on the scale?

PutOneInTheAir

On a 1 to 10 scale, 12 too much air flow in my opinion, that’s why most people restrict in some way. :2c:
I 100% agree with this. Although I have heard other people complain that this is too restricted like a thick milkshake? Mine though is super duper free flowing, too much for the heater making you have to use techniques like you mentioned.

Hey Nineteen

I just used my V3 Pro for the first time today and found out that it combusted at 210°C (410° F). Some of the herbs are completely black. Is this normal that this can happen with the V3 Pro?
Mine has combusted before. I mentioned it in this thread. It was ash not dark avb

Last edited:
Top Bottom