• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Petetbay

Interesting I'll triple check but I've had this issue with the WPA which is a whole new setup and the original. Seems is pretty straightforward and not sure what would cause this? I am 99.9% sure it's been like this out the box even though it's been a while
Pretty sure you have a bad one, doesn’t sound right, reducing the intake should help, but if you run full temp you should get good clouds unless packed way too tight, weird.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
that doesn't sound right. airflow restriction on mine is comparable to the vong, maybe just very slightly more open.
IMO either not assembled correctly, or a defect.
Yeah it's really weird I've been following different post about the X-Max all over different platforms and it seems to be all over the place some say it's super restricted and others say it is really free flowing. Mine is $1,100% free flowing.

To the point of I have to put a little silicone band over majority of the air holes. It's like I just can't get a good hit because it's literally the same breathing through my mouth I have to try super hard to slow down my hits.

I have plenty of DynaVaps with all kinds of different stems and tips I have a log vape and who knows what other vapes I've tried but none of them are as free-flowing as this one I just do not enjoy it and it sucks because you could tell it has a lot of potential to be a pretty solid vape

Pretty sure you have a bad one, doesn’t sound right, reducing the intake should help, but if you run full temp you should get good clouds unless packed way too tight, weird.
Yeah I don't know? I've tried it all different ways and it just seems very free-flowing and definitely not good clouds not horrible but definitely nowhere near any of my other vapes I have to just keep hitting and hitting it like at the point if I use it on demand I will far exceed the 30 second hold down button timer. On session mode I would say my inhale seconds would have to be 40 seconds or so to feel anything in my lungs and I still won't be a huge cloud. Basically run out of damn breath before I could get a good hit. Lol. I always figured it was just a bad vape and could never understand why people hyped it up so much? I probably just got a bad unit I jumped on the bandwagon when they first came out and I just chalked it up as a loss.

I read all the post I've talked to the representative on here try it all their methods and still not satisfied. So either I got it effective unit or I just have totally different standards than most? I mean it will get the job done and for sure vabe a bowl to good colored AVB but you really really have to work on it and it's just so darn free-flowing it's hard to regulate your hits without really covering up some air holes.

vandalizedbythelotus

Yeah I don't know? I've tried it all different ways and it just seems very free-flowing and definitely not good clouds not horrible but definitely nowhere near any of my other vapes I have to just keep hitting and hitting it like at the point if I use it on demand I will far exceed the 30 second hold down button timer. On session mode I would say my inhale seconds would have to be 40 seconds or so to feel anything in my lungs and I still won't be a huge cloud. Basically run out of damn breath before I could get a good hit. Lol. I always figured it was just a bad vape and could never understand why people hyped it up so much? I probably just got a bad unit I jumped on the bandwagon when they first came out and I just chalked it up as a loss.

I read all the post I've talked to the representative on here try it all their methods and still not satisfied. So either I got it effective unit or I just have totally different standards than most? I mean it will get the job done and for sure vabe a bowl to good colored AVB but you really really have to work on it and it's just so darn free-flowing it's hard to regulate your hits without really covering up some air holes.
i rip mine full throttle max temp never covering anything and get very satisfying clouds.
session because i don't like holding down a button, back to back 10s long hits, not uncomfortably long. if there's a long pause between hits, obviously the bowl will cool down, and vapor production will diminish until it's heated up again.
like i said 1st draw is wispy/terpy as the bowl heats up, then surprisingly huge clouds for a few more hits until it's cached.

unfortunately sounds like yours is a defect. i think for the price it's pretty much unbeatable ATM, obviously a much more expensive, larger bowl, higher temp device will hit harder.

PutOneInTheAir

i rip mine full throttle max temp never covering anything and get very satisfying clouds.
session because i don't like holding down a button, back to back 10s long hits, not uncomfortably long. if there's a long pause between hits, obviously the bowl will cool down, and vapor production will diminish until it's heated up again.
like i said 1st draw is wispy/terpy as the bowl heats up, then surprisingly huge clouds for a few more hits until it's cached.

unfortunately sounds like yours is a defect. i think for the price it's pretty much unbeatable ATM, obviously a much more expensive, larger bowl, higher temp device will hit harder.
Yeah that would be nice if mine worked that way I would be very happy but definitely not my case.
Mine is always whimsy hits and 10 seconds would be nothing on a hit.

When I hit mine on full throttle it sounds like a turbine engine from all the air flow. Lol. I will say a lot of people recommend long slow steady hits but I also find it will do better if going full throttle.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've had it for quite a while although I bought it from planet of the Vapes I never even thought about returning it which now it's way past its time even though it's basically brand new sitting in a drawer all the time

I would reach out to POTV, they will probably still help you out, sort you out with a replacement at the very least in case this one is actually defective after all...

PutOneInTheAir

I would reach out to POTV, they will probably still help you out, sort you out with a replacement at the very least in case this one is actually defective after all...
Have thought about it but honestly I'm embarrassed if just maybe I have higher expectations then all the hype I've read about? That's what really has me scratching my head because to me it just all right mediocre wondering If maybe I had a different thought process going into it.
I guess I never made a big deal about it with POV because I have my caps and my log vape. I mean it will extract a bowl for sure but just seems like the heater is very underpowered then with the open air flow it's just not much vapor production And really drags on the extraction rate

Shit Snacks

Have thought about it but honestly I'm embarrassed if just maybe I have higher expectations then all the hype I've read about? That's what really has me scratching my head because to me it just all right mediocre wondering If maybe I had a different thought process going into it.
I guess I never made a big deal about it with POV because I have my caps and my log vape. I mean it will extract a bowl for sure but just seems like the heater is very underpowered then with the open air flow it's just not much vapor production And really drags on the extraction rate

Yeah up to you, the only other thing I would say is draw slower and longer? 3/4 full bowl

Sue Narmy

Can someone please help me figure out how to get a good vapor production from the V3 pro? I absolutely hate this thing I've had it since the beginning and I rarely rarely use it which sucks cuz I really want to like it.
I reach for my DynaVap all the time because it just hits so much harder

My V3 pro has no restriction at all It is way too free-flowing and I find myself having to cover air holes and all kinds of stuff to get decent results.

I've tried cigar puffs I've tried slow puffs I've tried hitting it hard no luck.

Maybe a dosing capsule will help with harder hits? Honestly 99.9% of the time it just sits and time out in a drawer unless I have to absolutely use it for discreetness compared to my DynaVap.

Maybe there's some certain technique but I've even tried all the methods the vendor said on this thread with no luck I'm about to permanently retire it because I've had enough. I just feel I shouldn't have to hit the thing for like 45 seconds to get a decent hit.

One last effort to see if I can find some tips and tricks from someone before I toss it in permanent retirement. I've read multiple posts where people say that the hits are too restricted I am way on the opposite spectrum mine are super unrestricted and free flowing like something's not right free flowing where I have to really really work to control my speed it's like sucking through a fat open straw

That’s the only thing I dislike about the V3 Pro is how airy it is.
I’m so used to using my DaVinci IQ2 which has a dial at the bottom to adjust the airflow.
I use a silicone vape band to cover the air holes and I find that works perfectly for me.

vandalizedbythelotus

That’s the only thing I dislike about the V3 Pro is how airy it is.
I’m so used to using my DaVinci IQ2 which has a dial at the bottom to adjust the airflow.
I use a silicone vape band to cover the air holes and I find that works perfectly for me.
isn't davinci conduction, more suited for mouth to lung restricted draws? i think convection, direct to lung vapes should be more in the open airflow spectrum because it's easier on the ol lungs. obviously without overpowering the heater.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Can someone please help me figure out how to get a good vapor production from the V3 pro?
Pull for longer, your lungs need to pull the hot air thru the load to vape it, and put less in the oven than you think you should, sprinkle fill for best results!
Edit, leaving your herb ground up on a sheet of paper for a few minutes to further dry it can also help with vaporizing some material in a convection-heavy devise like this.
Pretty sure you have a bad one
Half decent clouds are not that hard to get, no artificial lighting here,

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

Pull for longer, your lungs need to pull the hot air thru the load to vape it, and put less in the oven than you think you should, sprinkle fill for best results!
Edit, leaving your herb ground up on a sheet of paper for a few minutes to further dry it can also help with vaporizing some material in a convection-heavy devise like this.

Half decent clouds are not that hard to get, no artificial lighting here,
Oh trust me I pulled long enough damn near pass out. Lol I'm 100% convinced I have a defective unit it's just always been that way I've tried every type of pack every temperature WPA long long poles either is defective or just too much darn work for a hit compared to my other devices. I'm hoping the ROFFU Will be the cure to my problems? If not then basically I've wasted 200 bucks worth of vapes and I should have just went with a tiny might or legacy pro.

I also just picked up some dosing capsules so hopefully that makes a difference with a little bit of conduction? I'm really banking on my new x vape

NOLOGO

Oh trust me I pulled long enough damn near pass out. Lol I'm 100% convinced I have a defective unit it's just always been that way I've tried every type of pack every temperature WPA long long poles either is defective or just too much darn work for a hit compared to my other devices. I'm hoping the ROFFU Will be the cure to my problems? If not then basically I've wasted 200 bucks worth of vapes and I should have just went with a tiny might or legacy pro.

I also just picked up some dosing capsules so hopefully that makes a difference with a little bit of conduction? I'm really banking on my new x vape
I read through most of your posts re: this, but I didn't see if anyone asked you if your unit gets hot to the touch? and do you feel hot air being pulled through when you pull on it?

PutOneInTheAir

I read through most of your posts re: this, but I didn't see if anyone asked you if your unit gets hot to the touch? and do you feel hot air being pulled through when you pull on it?
No it doesn't really get hot at all I mean I guess you could feel a tiny bit of warmth but nothing close to being uncomfortable. I always thought it was pretty amazing how cool it stayed.

I actually figure it out a method from another person to get a good hit I literally have to cover all the air holes so there's hardly any flow and rip on it then let it go like a carb then I actually had some pretty good production and it smacked me but not as enjoyable and not a fun process as I'm hoping it would work right out the box as far as feeling hot vapor yes it's definitely heating and it will brown my AVB just doesn't really do it fast or easy. I'm almost 100% sure it's just because it's so free-flowing you can't get a good hit because you're trying to hold back your inhaling so much to slow it down it's pretty much like sucking through a large diameter straw in open air. So hard to hit nice and slow

Petetbay

I didn't see if anyone asked you if your unit gets hot to the touch? and do you feel hot air being pulled through when you pull on it?
He has said he’s getting vapor so getting some heat just not he enough with the amount of air drawn in, good to try different battery to make sure that’s not the problem, though I doubt that’s it. If you can I’d send it back, if POTV pretty sure they’d fix you up.

edit: I use silicone band that covers all holes except the bottom row on both sides or one side with 2 rows and use my thumb to feather, always works for me and sometimes vape hash like this.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

He has said he’s getting vapor so getting some heat just not he enough with the amount of air drawn in, good to try different battery to make sure that’s not the problem, though I doubt that’s it. If you can I’d send it back, if POTV pretty sure they’d fix you up.

edit: I use silicone band that covers all holes except the bottom row on both sides or one side with 2 rows and use my thumb to feather, always works for me and sometimes vape hash like this.
I have also tried this with the silicone band but definitely builds a lot of heat. I have also tried a few different batteries and I have a few Sony's and other top battery because I thought that was the problem was.

Edit
I've tried the method of covering all the air holes a few times and then feathering with one finger one side of the airports and I'm getting some really good hits. I mean you actually have to really work at it and mess with it kind of like a dynavap and feathering the airport. I mean it's okay but it's far far from working condition right out the box. Don't get me wrong I rather have my problem than the people that are saying they have some hard restriction problems because I don't know how you fix that at least like a cover ports and mess with it.

Last edited:

NOLOGO

I have also tried this with the silicone band but definitely builds a lot of heat. I have also tried a few different batteries and I have a few Sony's and other top battery because I thought that was the problem was.

Edit
I've tried the method of covering all the air holes a few times and then feathering with one finger one side of the airports and I'm getting some really good hits. I mean you actually have to really work at it and mess with it kind of like a dynavap and feathering the airport. I mean it's okay but it's far far from working condition right out the box. Don't get me wrong I rather have my problem than the people that are saying they have some hard restriction problems because I don't know how you fix that at least like a cover ports and mess with it.
I would also try only using a small pinch of herb. With mine, if I put like half a chamber along with the water pipe adapter tip, I can get one or 2 clouds through glass. Maybe yours just isn't getting hot enough in the chamber. POTV would def help you out. Their service is stellar.

(I think you mentioned you have the wpa. Worth a shot)

PutOneInTheAir

I'm glad you like the V3Pro! Enjoy

Sadly it's not firmware updatable, we already maxed out the T° since the first batch released in september 2021, first feedbacks said max T° to be too low so we maxed out it... keeping the good battery performances of the v3pro. USB-C port is just to charge the battery. Enjoy!

Edit: Are you aware you can increase vapor to air ratio by blocking off some air inlets with your fingers or using a silicon band? This is increase the max T° a little also
So the heaters have changed since the first release batches? I have one of the early batches and I always scratched my head because the heater doesn't seem like it's able to keep up and it seems like the newer ones are a complete different animal from all the hype everybody says about the v3pro. This would make sense why such a different outcome for me compared to them

Shit Snacks

So the heaters have changed since the first release batches? I have one of the early batches and I always scratched my head because the heater doesn't seem like it's able to keep up and it seems like the newer ones are a complete different animal from all the hype everybody says about the v3pro. This would make sense why such a different outcome for me compared to them

No, no new heaters, I have one of the early production units, and one of the first batch of very peri units as well, they are the same

PutOneInTheAir

So after doing all this research and trying to figure out how to hit the product right and I keep getting this runaround about how convection works and this and that and this at the end of the day on Reddit the representative (top green) basically told me that my model is defective and they've made several up changes including more power coming out to the heater adjustments in the air path resistance, battery all kinds of things so basically he said I have the underpowered little vapor producing unit and it's a shame I waited so long to return it. I'm actually pretty disappointed that the company made so many changes and I bought one of the first models and that's why I've been struggling to get any kind of production because it's all been changed and powered up more. Hopefully planet of the Vapes will take care of me because xmax definitely isn't at this point in time. I knew something was wrong with my unit this whole time because people were talking about different resistance and vapor production and everything and mine was always quite the opposite.

So if any of you are in the same boat scratching your heads thanking people are hyping up something that's junk you most likely have a different unit like me and jumped on buying it too soon while they were still developing it making it better. I could never figure out why I can't get vapor production and everybody else does and why it's so darn free-flowing and other people are saying it hits perfect or it's restricted. Thank goodness for this long thread that I had to read through to put the pieces together and figure it out throughout all the post of these 93 pages

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So after doing all this research and trying to figure out how to hit the product right and I keep getting this runaround about how convection works and this and that and this at the end of the day on Reddit the representative (top green) basically told me that my model is defective and they've made several up changes including more power coming out to the heater adjustments in the air path resistance, battery all kinds of things so basically he said I have the underpowered little vapor producing unit and it's a shame I waited so long to return it. I'm actually pretty disappointed that the company made so many changes and I bought one of the first models and that's why I've been struggling to get any kind of production because it's all been changed and powered up more. Hopefully planet of the Vapes will take care of me because xmax definitely isn't at this point in time. I knew something was wrong with my unit this whole time because people were talking about different resistance and vapor production and everything and mine was always quite the opposite.

So if any of you are in the same boat scratching your heads thanking people are hyping up something that's junk you most likely have a different unit like me and jumped on buying it too soon while they were still developing it making it better. I could never figure out why I can't get vapor production and everybody else does and why it's so darn free-flowing and other people are saying it hits perfect or it's restricted. Thank goodness for this long thread that I had to read through to put the pieces together and figure it out throughout all the post of these 93 pages
I have one of the early units (purchase Oct. '21) and it hits fine.
I hope it's not been asked/answered, but how's your battery? Weak hits are one of the biggest symptoms of either a weak cell (no coming back) or one that needs charging. A battery may even seem like it has taken a charge, though not be able to output the voltage needed to power a vape.

The increase - to 'max out' the heat range high end - did not change the good/great vapor the vape was already capable of at previous temp settings, just made it easier to get the near-char results some folks want.

PutOneInTheAir

I have one of the early units (purchase Oct. '21) and it hits fine.
I hope it's not been asked/answered, but how's your battery? Weak hits are one of the biggest symptoms of either a weak cell (no coming back) or one that needs charging. A battery may even seem like it has taken a charge, though not be able to output the voltage needed to power a vape.

The increase - to 'max out' the heat range high end - did not change the good/great vapor the vape was already capable of at previous temp settings, just made it easier to get the near-char results some folks want.
I've tried multiple batteries and high quality batteries like the P28A
The heater just weak and can't keep up with all the air flow because it's so free flowing basically. I can't remember the exact date I got mine but I know it was right when they first came out they didn't even have colored options at the time

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've got a first batch unit too. Its a fantastic value for the money. It does require a slow steady inhale, as the heater isn't fantastically powerful, for best results and if you struggle with that, just practice, you'll get it. It's a valuable skill for a vapourist.

I've said from the beginning of this thread I would not want it to be any more restrictive personally, but I don't have a problem with controlling my inhale these days.

Top Bottom