• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
the representative (top green) basically told me that my model is defective and they've made several up changes including more power coming out to the heater adjustments in the air path resistance, battery all kinds of things so basically he said I have the underpowered little vapor producing unit and it's a shame I waited so long to return it. I'm actually pretty disappointed that the company made so many changes and I bought one of the first models and that's why I've been struggling to get any kind of production because it's all been changed and powered up more. Hopefully planet of the Vapes will take care of me because xmax definitely isn't at this point in time.
I believe I have one from the early release and mine works great.

Why is the Top Green rep acknowledging you have a defective unit and not offering to replace or repair it? Even if you missed the warranty period I would think you'd still be entitled to a repair or return if they had to make so many changes. Did you miss the warranty period? I think the warranty from Topgreen is 6 months and POTV is 1 year.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
It's hard to say at this point what version what person has and how many times it's really been changed. Especially with earlier models.
Top green basically said to reach out to the retailer I bought it from and put it back on them so it's really up to planet of the Vapes. I have faith in that company wholeheartedly and that's why I always do business with them but I reached out to him this weekend so we'll see Monday what they say I'm sure it's been over a year? I know I got it when it first came out I just don't remember exactly when? Either way there's been quite a few changes. I'm not good at uploading pictures on here outside cuz share a screenshot of all the changes

Sorry for the double post I try to fix it but it won't let me.
Here is a screenshot of the post please let me know if it works for you guys?

His_Highness

@PutOneInTheAir - the Quick share worked for me. That's a lot of updates.....

I interpret the "quick share" to mean the updates were made to enhance the unit but that the earlier released units weren't defective...just different.

Hopefully you're within one of the warranty ranges from either Topgreen or POTV.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

@PutOneInTheAir - the Quick share worked for me. That's a lot of updates.....

I interpret the "quick share" to mean the updates were made to enhance the unit but that the earlier released units weren't defective...just different.

Hopefully you're within one of the warranty ranges from either Topgreen or POTV.
Agreed! It's kind of that gray area is not defective as it will produce tobacco colored AVB but you got to do a lot of stuff like cover majority of the air holes and then feather the air hose to build up heat in order to just produce a vapor. Trust me it's not as simple as sip and get ripped. It's just so free-flowing it's annoying and it doesn't seem to keep up with the air whatsoever so you got a really choke it off to get some heat going so you can get some vapor production and then you got a feather it to smooth it out because it gets hot. Don't work like any other vaporizer I have that's for sure.

So it could be just different but either way it wasn't sold as a good functioning unit out of the box it needed tune-ups to get to work properly. So in my opinion it's kind of that gray line where it is defective but is not because it's sort of works kind of like buying a car that will drive but can't technically go over 65 because the engine is choked up and they made updates without doing a factory recall? I don't know I'm pretty in vaped right now. Lol?

Either way I bought one of the early ones I paid full retail price when they first came out I want to say $110 to 120 and I understand POV did updates and made the glass better and all that not even caring about that I just want a unit that is functional so I could use it as I wanted. Really think it's on plan instead of the vapes or anybody to be honest with you I think it's on the manufacturer. Now would I rather go through planet of the Vapes? 100%, it's going to be way easier of a process I'm almost certain of.
Some reason I still supported the company though even though they haven't helped me and bought a ROFFU, which I'm kind of scratching my head now. Lol.

The one thing that really irritates me I think is I've been saying this for the past year multiple times to the representatives and I keep getting try those try that try this and then after luckily this platform reading through these 90 something pages I find these little details and when I dressed it then I found out a lot of things changed, it's pretty much been a huge huge testing thing to get it to work on my end and it seems like they already had the solution fixed but it just wasn't exposed easily. That's where I'm at on it

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Agreed! It's kind of that gray area is not defective as it will produce tobacco colored AVB but you got to do a lot of stuff like cover majority of the air holes and then feather the air hose to build up heat in order to just produce a vapor. Trust me it's not as simple as sip and get ripped. It's just so free-flowing it's annoying and it doesn't seem to keep up with the air whatsoever so you got a really choke it off to get some heat going so you can get some vapor production and then you got a feather it to smooth it out because it gets hot. Don't work like any other vaporizer I have that's for sure.

So it could be just different but either way it wasn't sold as a good functioning unit out of the box it needed tune-ups to get to work properly. So in my opinion it's kind of that gray line where it is defective but is not because it's sort of works kind of like buying a car that will drive but can't technically go over 65 because the engine is choked up and they made updates without doing a factory recall? I don't know I'm pretty in vaped right now. Lol?

Either way I bought one of the early ones I paid full retail price when they first came out I want to say $110 to 120 and I understand POV did updates and made the glass better and all that not even caring about that I just want a unit that is functional so I could use it as I wanted. Really think it's on plan instead of the vapes or anybody to be honest with you I think it's on the manufacturer. Now would I rather go through planet of the Vapes? 100%, it's going to be way easier of a process I'm almost certain of.
Some reason I still supported the company though even though they haven't helped me and bought a ROFFU, which I'm kind of scratching my head now. Lol.

The one thing that really irritates me I think is I've been saying this for the past year multiple times to the representatives and I keep getting try those try that try this and then after luckily this platform reading through these 90 something pages I find these little details and when I dressed it then I found out a lot of things changed, it's pretty much been a huge huge testing thing to get it to work on my end and it seems like they already had the solution fixed but it just wasn't exposed easily. That's where I'm at on it
I can believe you have a defective piece.

I don't agree that all the fixes were proof or evidence the that first units released were defective or bad in any way. Lots of manufacturers do incremental improvements and that what was going on here.
The unfortunate part is that it seems you "sat on your rights" (a technical legalese term that means you may have waited too long to make any real claim against the warranty). Live and learn.
If I bought a car that couldn't go 65, I would trot it back to the dealer pronto.

Did you buy a Roffu? Do you like it? I just ordered one...

PutOneInTheAir

I can believe you have a defective piece.

I don't agree that all the fixes were proof or evidence the that first units released were defective or bad in any way. Lots of manufacturers do incremental improvements and that what was going on here.
The unfortunate part is that it seems you "sat on your rights" (a technical legalese term that means you may have waited too long to make any real claim against the warranty). Live and learn.
If I bought a car that couldn't go 65, I would trot it back to the dealer pronto.

Did you buy a Roffu? Do you like it? I just ordered one...
You're 100% right. I just chalked it up as a bad investment and threw it in a drawer for a long time but then I come back and keep seeing everybody saying how good it is and I was just so confused even after asking multiple times throughout owning this product I mean pretty much all my post history has been how do I do this how do I do that to get better production. But it was 100% my fault especially buying from planet of the Vapes when they order a 14-day exchange. Just a bad choice and investment on my part pretty much.

I have not received my ROFFU yeah as I just ordered it Friday hopefully it ships out soon? I'm excited to have a portable electric vaporizer that hopefully works right out the box? O don't want to get my hopes up, The only portable vape that I have really is my dine of app with the wand which absolutely smacks but not really the best out in public when trying to be low-key. All my other vapes are convection that are meant for home not travel so hopefully the ROFFU does what I expected the V3 pro to do. Although I think the V3 pro would have been more practical for me because I really love the design It was thought out really nice and super easy to load and unload not worrying about a glass or metal chamber falling out like possible on the ROFFU. I did buy the POV one dosing capsules so hopefully that makes it a lot easier although I'm starting to think I should have maybe spent the extra 10 bucks and got the V3 pro ones for the ROFFU but they were $20 something dollar and the POV ones were only $9

Robert-in-YEG

Have you tried leaving the unit sit for 60-90 seconds after reaching operating temperature, before taking the first hit?

I wasn't a big a fan of the V3 Pro, having a very similar experience to you. For the most part, the unit sat unused in a drawer. After using it out of boredom, it provided low temperature hits that seemed to work for me. Then I got a WPA for unit. the WPA was a game changer for me. This unit does a good job for me at 348F. When I go below 380F, I use the V3 Pro.

What I've discovered is that my V3 works best if I don't rush it. I let it sit for a minute or two, and then start using it. With the bong it can cook flower very quickly. At low temps, with the duckbill, it works too, when used with patience.

Convection is different than conduction. My Tera works, but it is a struggle to use. With convection, the way a person draws is important. For me, it took some conscious effort to change the way I do things. I don't like change; I like simple.

The effects from convection and the effects from conduction are slightly different to me. To keep things balanced, I just consume as much as I can. It is a simple strategy, and it doesn't involve any measuring. Thankfully, I'm in Canada.

Don't overpack or overload. I use a 1/4 measuring thing I found in the kitchen. That is 125ml by volume. Sometimes it doesn't look like enough, but I avoid the urge to add more. This doesn't make sense to me but try it. Measuring makes for very consistent hits, it keeps me from over packing, and I like that the results are predictable.

Just some thoughts as I am binging the bong using a V3 Pro and WPA. :)

Robert-in-YEG

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

I've learned some valuable lessons today.
One you got to start on a thread early on because it's really hard catching up on all these pages. I've also learned you guys don't mess around! So much valuable info.

I decided to order some dosing capsules, especially since I got a Black Friday ROFFU on its way. I originally ordered the POV one capsules because they were more than half the price cheaper but after reading so many post and talking to a few people in here I decided to change the order and actually go with the factory ones. I heard they fit better and allow more hot air to go through the flower compared to the POV ones? Hopefully it was a good move because they're pretty expensive compared to other options I think they were on sale for $22 instead of $27 and the POV one caps were around $9.

With that being said I'm also hoping that it will improve my experience with a V3 pro maybe the conduction heat will make a difference and make it function better for me since I'm having huge issues getting good production out of mine. I'm curious to see if this makes a difference but either way I want them for my new ROFFU.

I would love to hear others opinions between the two brands of capsules to see if you notice if it made a difference or not?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Ordered a POTV V3Pro in purple, and it's out for delivery. Looks like I have a few pages to catch up on. My Roffu got here this morning, and I just tried it.
As of today, I will have a Starry, a Roffu, and a V3Pro. Now, I've thought about it, not a lot, but I have thought about it, and I will have to compare the three. Obviously, I need to compare the three. Who wouldn't? If you didn't compare the three, you'd always wonder. How could you think of anything else? But maybe that's just with sativas.

I think I'll need to load them up, line them up, and test. The third seems like it would be judged kindly because of, well, you'd have just done two bowls, and should be thinking kindly, or you should change your weed up. This would have to be repeated with the order of vapes changed, until all have been in each position. All at once? Different times? Who knows? Try in a row, then spaced out. Take written notes. You will not remember.
See that? You guessed it. I'm leaving notes for my future self, so I will remember to do it, and to remember I already thought this, or I could think it again, think it's a new thought, post about it repeatedly on FC, etc.
So yeah, the Roffu is a winner.
Does it seem like there are too many commas? It seems like there are a lot of commas.

PutOneInTheAir

Ordered a POTV V3Pro in purple, and it's out for delivery. Looks like I have a few pages to catch up on. My Roffu got here this morning, and I just tried it.
As of today, I will have a Starry, a Roffu, and a V3Pro. Now, I've thought about it, not a lot, but I have thought about it, and I will have to compare the three. Obviously, I need to compare the three. Who wouldn't? If you didn't compare the three, you'd always wonder. How could you think of anything else? But maybe that's just with sativas.

I think I'll need to load them up, line them up, and test. The third seems like it would be judged kindly because of, well, you'd have just done two bowls, and should be thinking kindly, or you should change your weed up. This would have to be repeated with the order of vapes changed, until all have been in each position. All at once? Different times? Who knows? Try in a row, then spaced out. Take written notes. You will not remember.
See that? You guessed it. I'm leaving notes for my future self, so I will remember to do it, and to remember I already thought this, or I could think it again, think it's a new thought, post about it repeatedly on FC, etc.
So yeah, the Roffu is a winner.
Does it seem like there are too many commas? It seems like there are a lot of commas.
Lol
I just used my V3 Pro for the first time today and found out that it combusted at 210°C (410° F). Some of the herbs are completely black. Is this normal that this can happen with the V3 Pro?
Not that I've ever seen? If you want I'll trade you for one that doesn't heat up hot enough. 😆

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is this normal that this can happen with the V3 Pro?
You are only the second person to report this and it was not that long ago that the other char happened.
I just loaded a capsule in my newest unit and went at it as hard as I could for a full 4 minute sesh but still could not get the ABV darker than tobacco brown,
1669688496695-jpg.42463

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just used my V3 Pro for the first time today and found out that it combusted at 210°C (410° F). Some of the herbs are completely black. Is this normal that this can happen with the V3 Pro?
Maybe we call it near-combustion?
Combustion leaves behind gray ash, no?

I've definitely reached the near black stage by using the device at high temp. back to back hits and choking the holes intermittently.
Very bad taste, but not the awful combustion taste. After combusting in a device I have to clean everything involved!

I don't find it necessary to cruise at full temp, I think I get pretty good extraction at a little lower setting.
Actually I've pretty much set it and forget it at 208C and only choke the holes inadvertantly since I prefer an open draw.

Petetbay

No that is not normal, I’ve blackened a couple bowls that were herb and hash mixtures that I run for a couple of sessions @ max temp. I’ve never blackened a single session herb bowl, very dark brown starting to blacken @ max temp. I just ordered a POTV accessory adapter, maybe I should’ve ordered one the these new batches with all those updates that seen to be able to breathe fire. :rofl:

edit: I just run a bowl @ 410*F till no vapor @ 3 min upped to 428*F till the end of 6 min session, a few blackened bits but getting there real dark. Still don’t think I could never combust.

Last edited:

His_Highness

I don't consider black char a sign of combustion. I actually seek that nasty black char taste and no visible vapor before giving up on a bowl every time. I know there are many who are gagging at that thought :lol:

I can't get that black char with all my convection vapes no matter how hard I try.

If there is some grey/white ash in the bowl, to me...that's combustion and its time to break out the cleaning supplies.

PutOneInTheAir

It's hard to say at this point what version what person has and how many times it's really been changed. Especially with earlier models.
Top green basically said to reach out to the retailer I bought it from and put it back on them so it's really up to planet of the Vapes. I have faith in that company wholeheartedly and that's why I always do business with them but I reached out to him this weekend so we'll see Monday what they say I'm sure it's been over a year? I know I got it when it first came out I just don't remember exactly when? Either way there's been quite a few changes. I'm not good at uploading pictures on here outside cuz share a screenshot of all the changes

Sorry for the double post I try to fix it but it won't let me.
Here is a screenshot of the post please let me know if it works for you guys?

I'm reaching out hoping one of the representatives on here can help me I'm still having issues with my xmax and I reached out to the original company I bought from planet of the Vapes and they can't help me. If you look at my post history I've been complaining about this since the beginning and I keep getting that you need to do this you need to try this this technique I've tried it all it just doesn't work The only way I could get a decent hit is covering every airport and that shouldn't really be the case Plus you can't even use on demand without two hands and I really just don't want to fiddle with it. Your representative top green on Reddit told me you guys have done upgrades to the heating and the air flow which has been my complaint since day one so obviously there were issues and changes, I'm hoping someone could help me please? I don't even care if we could exchange it out for another used vape or whatever I just want something that works I mean after all I still continued to have good faith and purchase a ROFFU also and support the company so I'm hoping someone could help me out somehow? I really want to be able to recommend the V3 pro to other new vapors but it just not performing like any other portable I've tried. I'll read quote the screenshots of the representative admitting that there's been changes

Mine was bought in November so I'm just out of the one year warranty it's basically brand new been sitting in the drawer because of the lack of performance but now I kind of need a portable battery vape and this thing is pretty much a paperweight for me unless I start covering every air hole getting uncomfortable heat using it as a car playing the flute clicking my heels three times twitching my nose two times up down left right AB start select......

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Well, I've tried The Three, and still don't know my preference. Hate to rush to judgement when I don't know the peculiarities of each vape, but I do know the V3Pro reminds me of a stick, and I found myself tempted to rap the cat with it. I didn't. No cat raps, but the very fact that I thought it made me cautious, and you can't enjoy a vape properly if you think it's a stick.
I'm putting that on the cannabis. It was from the new crop, and I hadn't tried it before, but I don't remember which kind it was, so I really, really, need to write stuff down.
On the plus, I love the color and the clouds. I like the dimpled stem and the WPA. It seemed like the battery ran down fast, but that was me trying to turn it off by holding the button down, as with the Starry. Once it clicked that it was 5 clicks for off, this issue was resolved. User error. Who would have thought?
One session was frustrating. No matter what I did, I couldn't get flavor, or clouds, and the vapor was weak, if not nonexistent. Regret. I felt regret. Clearly, this vape was not working well, and needed a nice drawer to rest in. Nope, wait, my bad, I forgot to add weed. More user error. The vape is not the problem. I am the problem.
I have noticed with the V3Pro, the Starry and the Roffu, that the flavor is amazing.
With each one, I could taste vanilla and berries? Fruit. Fruit for sure, but not citrus, I'm thinking berries.
Glad I got the V3Pro, if for no other reason than I really, really wanted it, and you don't get peace of mind when you get VAS, you get vapes.

Robert-in-YEG

Maybe we call it near-combustion?
Combustion leaves behind gray ash, no?

I've definitely reached the near black stage by using the device at high temp. back to back hits and choking the holes intermittently.
Very bad taste, but not the awful combustion taste. After combusting in a device I have to clean everything involved!

I don't find it necessary to cruise at full temp, I think I get pretty good extraction at a little lower setting.
Actually I've pretty much set it and forget it at 208C and only choke the holes inadvertantly since I prefer an open draw.
After reading everything, I'm skeptical about the combustion. Very dark brown, even tinges of black, can be scorching. My definition of scorching is extreme heat, without enough air to combust.

In a Starry, the temperature can go up to 464F; this leaves near black AVB, but it is not burnt. Packed, there is not enough air to fully combust. Rubbing the AVB between your fingers, the residue just brushes off like dust. Ash, or carbon residue will leave a black mark on the skin. That's my theory. It could be wrong, but combustion requires air and space. Packed in a vape, combustion shouldn't happen.

After using the V3 Pro, vent holes one side covered with tape, I can get very dark brown, but nowhere near the darkness seen in the Starry. The AVB from the Starry may be very dark black, but it is not carbon. The AVB breaks down into brown dust, and just blows away. There may be some carbon, but not very much.

Just my thoughts..........

Robert-in-YEG

Petetbay

but that was me trying to turn it off by holding the button down, as with the Starry. Once it clicked that it was 5 clicks for off, this issue was resolved.
Very weird you talk about 3 different vapes, not always sure which one you’re referring to, but the on/off procedures are Starry hold power button for 5 sec, V3Pro 3 clicks of the power button, Roffu 5 clicks of the power button. Solo2 hold menu and up buttons for 4 count to start/stop.

@PutOneInTheAir you waited too long and warranty has expired, best advice remove the V3Pro battery, battery door and MP to keep if you ever buy another V3Pro and toss the device in the garbage and forget about it and move on with the Roffu, that the best advice I can give and the Roffu probably help you forget about your V3Pro experience. :2c:

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

Very weird you talk about 3 different vapes, not always sure which one you’re referring to, but the on/off procedures are Starry hold power button for 5 sec, V3Pro 3 clicks of the power button, Roffu 5 clicks of the power button. Solo2 hold menu and up buttons for 4 count to start/stop.

@PutOneInTheAir you waited too long and warranty has expired, best advice remove the V3Pro battery, battery door and MP to keep if you ever buy another V3Pro and toss the device in the garbage and forget about it and move on with the Roffu, that the best advice I can give and the Roffu probably help you forget about your V3Pro experience. :2c:
Yeah unfortunately I kept getting misled like I was using the device wrong and gave up on it and now it's too late pretty much. It is what it is I should never bought it in the first place either I got a defective unit or this device is extremely hyped up? Definitely does not meet my expectations and I shouldn't have to do all these fancy crazy things to get it to work properly. Definitely not going to keep the parts cuz I will not be owning another V3 pro that's for dang sure I should have just bought the POV one

PutOneInTheAir,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay
Top Bottom