Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Zipford

Hi, I agree with you also! I don't think we will follow the ground glass/metal joint idea, at least not like a 14mm waterpipe ground glass joint! It may be too big and portability is one of our goals, is a ceramic/glass stem with a metal base stuck into the top of the bowl is something acceptable for you (there will be silicone o-rings for a tight fit and a good seal but they may be recessed unlike our actual design)?
The glass mouthpiece for the V3 already seems pretty close to what I want, but time will tell. I just think over time silicone in the vapor path takes on the popcorn smell of extraction at high heat, which I then taste even at low temperatures. But the glass mouthpiece of the V3 seems to have very little silicone where it might pick up a taste.

fogbank

As it is, the V3 is running like a medium GH, unable to deplete material rapidly or fully.

That does not jibe with my experience. My V3s produce very dark brown to black ABV. They don't deplete material as rapidly as my OG Hoppers, but they can definitely produce full extraction, even to the point of charring. They produce much darker ABV than my IO Hoppers.

I do, however, need to use longer draws on the V3 to get full extraction - about 16 seconds versus about 10 seconds for the Hoppers.

Robert-in-YEG

Yeah the positive terminal contactor pin should be changed out to something safer for the cells. Though I've got the loading down pat, this hazard should probably be addressed even on future V3s, it's likely a single part BOM change. Before something blows preferably.

And the combustion part isn't really necessary, the idea is that with that kind of headroom, the device will have a much more potent potential (in-line with the big hitters). As it is, the V3 is running like a medium GH, unable to deplete material rapidly or fully. I want the hot GH experience, but it's too hard to deliver a device calibrated to do this, instead the user should adjust it into their sweet spot. And the only way to do this is to allow the device to run hotter than it is, 220 is 20-25dC below assured combustion, plenty of scope to tune this into something offering vapour perfection. Currently it's just very good, a little more would really make this thing sing though

There's no Australian way to describe those conditions, that isn't just bloody cold it's bloody ridiculous!
You've definitely earned a comfy indoors session for the remainder of the day!
There is a 'Cold' warning for tonight. It is getting even colder.

Robert-in-YEG

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That does not jibe with my experience. My V3s produce very dark brown to black ABV. They don't deplete material as rapidly as my OG Hoppers, but they can definitely produce full extraction, even to the point of charring. They produce much darker ABV than my IO Hoppers.

I do, however, need to use longer draws on the V3 to get full extraction - about 16 seconds versus about 10 seconds for the Hoppers.

The HEATERS themselves are probably just about out of spec. as the 70w. GH heaters. Built to a price point, don’t expect “precision”.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: PPN

Petetbay

The HEATERS themselves are probably just about out of spec.
Don’t think that’s the problem, these guys are pretty good at getting spec set. Adapting to the use of a convection vape to get the most out of it, is usually the problem.

Petetbay,
Reactions: PPN

MoltenTiger

Interesting. Both of my V3 Pro's are very similar, they produce ABV as you describe but they're limited to 220 and that seems about right. I'd like a bit more heat, which is what rapid extraction requires. I've had Grasshoppers (old and io) that maxed out at 260 which is why I made my previous comment. A totally different experience to a tan ABV Hopper, which is a miserable thing.

This wishful feature isn't for sipping through a plastic recorder session style use, it's for big 30s one-hits

fogbank

This wishful feature isn't for sipping through a plastic recorder session style use, it's for big 30s one-hits
Agreed. The V3Pro can get you to full extraction and can produce some huge clouds, but it isn't the same experience as a Hopper session. Even though I use on-demand mode with the V3Pro, it is still not like a nice hot Hopper session.

I performed an unintentional drop test on my black V3Pro yesterday. Dropped it from about waist height onto a hard tile floor. The mouthpiece flew off, the screen came out of the mouthpiece, the battery cover flew off, and the battery came out of the slot by about 1/4 inch.

As I was reassembling the device I noticed that the battery cover magnets were still attached to the body. When the battery cover flew off, the strength of the magnetic force holding the magnets on the body was greater than the strength of the adhesive holding the magnets on the battery cover.

I was able to re-attach the magnets to the battery cover with tiny slivers of two-sided clear tape. The battery cover now stays on body as it did before.

There is a small dent on the battery cover. It's actually difficult to see unless you hold it at the right angle. Otherwise I didn't see any outward signs of damage on any of the other parts. No obvious dents, scratches, or cracks. The vape still works perfectly!

Aside from the failure of the adhesive on the battery cover magnets, the V3Pro withstood the impact really well. :)

Dolpaca

D1F5E163-FB32-4B88-9A5B-4FEB30166476.jpegGot mine recently and I’m loving it so far! First convection vape and I think it’s pretty solid.

D1F5E163-FB32-4B88-9A5B-4FEB30166476.jpegGot mine recently and I’m loving it so far! First convection vape and I think it’s pretty solid.
Also any tips? I’ve been told to turn it up to max temp and to make sure to pack loose and stir the bowl. Been working out great so far but is there anything else you guys do to get the most out of this vape?

cliffhanger1

Also any tips? I’ve been told to turn it up to max temp and to make sure to pack loose and stir the bowl. Been working out great so far but is there anything else you guys do to get the most out of this vape?
What helped me to get more vapor was to cover some air holes.
I only have the two upper rows free and the rest of the rows are sealed with a tape.
Have fun. :)

Last edited:

Dolpaca

What helped me to get more vapor was to cover some air holes.
I only have the two upper rows free and the rest of the rows are sealed with a tape.
Have fun. :)
I’ll give this a go! Thanks for the tip!

No stirring needed for me.

Use the temps you prefer. Try them all.

Glass in a nice addtition.

David
I have the glass mouthpiece on the way! Gets here tomorrow. I can’t wait! Thanks for your response

cliffhanger1

Unfortunately I have a bit of news to report with one of my 2 units.
My first device, which is 4 months old (but was practically not used in the first month, then every day), is no longer quite as hot as at the beginning and not like my second device. At first they were the same. I can tell that the ABV is brighter on the first device. :(
I still love the vape. I hope that it stays a single case and doesn't show up with several people.
I had something similar with a spare hopper that initially delivered much darker ABV. What a shame. It is not unusable, but i see it. LOL
But I think I'll give the vape another chance and try again with a 3 unit in the future.

Last edited:

NOLOGO

My first device, which is 4 months old (but was practically not used in the first month, then every day), is no longer quite as hot as at the beginning and not like my second device. At first they were the same. I can tell that the ABV is brighter on the first device. :(
I still love the vape. I hope that it stays a single case and doesn't show up with several people.
I had something similar with a spare hopper that initially delivered much darker ABV. What a shame. It is not unusable, but i see it. LOL
But I think I'll give the vape another chance and try again with a 3 unit in the future.
it's 4 months old? I'm sure it's still under warranty, no?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Also any tips?
Put a mesh filter in the bottom of the oven to keep out any debris.
My first device, which is 4 months old
Do you run extra screens at the bottom of your unit's oven?
I would send it back for a warranty replacement as @NOLOGO suggested, after talking to your seller that is. If they do not want to help @PPN will look after you. :tup:
The V3 Pro is now available at Australian Vaporizers,
The spare plastic part of the OG mouthpiece is only US$2.85 and the complete CU is under 10!...look out next sale.

MoltenTiger

Agreed. The V3Pro can get you to full extraction and can produce some huge clouds, but it isn't the same experience as a Hopper session. Even though I use on-demand mode with the V3Pro, it is still not like a nice hot Hopper session.

I performed an unintentional drop test on my black V3Pro yesterday. Dropped it from about waist height onto a hard tile floor. The mouthpiece flew off, the screen came out of the mouthpiece, the battery cover flew off, and the battery came out of the slot by about 1/4 inch.

As I was reassembling the device I noticed that the battery cover magnets were still attached to the body. When the battery cover flew off, the strength of the magnetic force holding the magnets on the body was greater than the strength of the adhesive holding the magnets on the battery cover.

I was able to re-attach the magnets to the battery cover with tiny slivers of two-sided clear tape. The battery cover now stays on body as it did before.

There is a small dent on the battery cover. It's actually difficult to see unless you hold it at the right angle. Otherwise I didn't see any outward signs of damage on any of the other parts. No obvious dents, scratches, or cracks. The vape still works perfectly!

Aside from the failure of the adhesive on the battery cover magnets, the V3Pro withstood the impact really well. :)
Whilst it's nice and dark ABV from the V3, and I am getting very satisfactory cloudage, I'm not getting Sublimator levels (of full extractions or similar plumes) - I'm running that with a tiny bit of headroom too (not much though!)

_20211220_165433.JPG

I can easily spot the difference. It all looks darker to the eye, this photo is all lit up with a strong white light. Sub on the right, with V3 sprinkled on top on the left.

This also reminds me of another reason I want more heat, for the inserted glass bowl I've been using. There is a very thin wall of lighter ABV that makes direct contact with the glass, the majority gets properly roasted through the middle similar to ordinary use. It takes quite a few goes before needing to empty either way, I prefer loading a chamber, having the chamber, emptying the chamber one after the other, simple, repeatable, predictable usage. Basically there isn't enough heat, even with the ordinary attachments, to one-hit anything, which is what the Sub is a master of and achieved with the darker material here.
Not a deal breaker by any means, the V3 being compared to the master is just flattery, but it would be a big deal if this device could do a proper one-hit (even better if it can be dialled in and also offer the session style it currently does so well)

The V3 is close enough that it will outperform plenty of other units, but I still dream of the day of having a portable that is actually truly in the same league as the Sub. However it would be a dangerous item and tolerance destroyer!

With the V3 it's a nice balance of potency which is better as a daily driver. But a single device that does it all could be found in this form factor considering how close this is.

BTW that drop test takes the cake. I dropped mine to carpeted wood from a similar height, no drama there although it flew apart and went several different directions on impact too.
Glad you could repair/reassemble yours and it's still going!

Yet to see a teardown but I'm keen to see what is inside this thing. I don't even know what material the heater is :hmm:

The test of time is always interesting. I have wondered how that will play out.

One thing I've noticed is how much off-gas can occur if the unit is pre-heated at max temp when empty and air is blown through the intake hole's.
Worth checking from time to time.

With the glass Fury2 WPA insert the sidewalls remain clean, but small amounts will gradually find a way into the device still, which is what I think I've observed. With the glass WPA inserted in the chamber I no longer have to Q-tip after each empty, but the bottom is always exposed. An extra screen is a good idea @LesPlenty, as would be Fury2 crucibles. Once airflow or sensors are impacted, the unit can no longer function the same as new. This is one of the many ways besides power delivery that Hoppers cooked it.

Another advantage of a device made to tolerate combustion temps is that they can self-clean by doing an above temp dry run.

Benefit of the V3 Pro dwindling is that the price is much easier to stomach than a hopper, or really most options. But hopefully it's not a common trend as we've seen elsewhere.

I would try feathering the intake holes with your hand/finger instead of constantly blocking the holes.
But maybe I should tape mine up before making that comment. I tried a band, but it sort of got in the way of the MP scoop.

It handles varied amounts quite well, though fluffy and full is a safe bet for convection.

I would definitely try other temperature's too, however I do usually use mine on max, and could do with a touch more still.

Still, I'm quite surprised how many decent hits I can get off a very tiny amount with the fury2 WPA in the chamber. I think that's the best tip I picked up here other than learning it exists at all.

Another tip for a new unit, try and keep it as clean as it is now! Requires a lot of Q-tipping with a warm oven.

I finally got a Volcano brush for this vape and it's pretty handy for the plastic (?) funnel above the chamber, where little bits can get caught between the enclosure sidewalls.

happynomoretobacco

The same happened to me with the fenix pro after eight month..

Petetbay

Did you try a different battery, one you know is good. If the battery level drops faster than normal(less sessions) then maybe on the way out. Weak battery that is depleting will give the required voltage so not to cause battery low voltage error, but does not provide the needed current for normal operation. I don’t know if the V3Pro has a firmware routine that reduces performance when it senses the battery level is low to get you more sessions(@PPN would know), but many devices have this.

MoltenTiger

as-in, they last a long time, no?
I don't understand why you question a person's vaping history but, whatever...
Bit of tongue in cheek I'm pretty sure. You're a veteran vaporist 🏅

Of course the brushes won't last forever, but the packet effectively will for me I bet. Easily.

I've been using an MFLB brush for years, these are just a super size version which are better suited for this device. Gotta be careful with the nylon bristles and hot parts, otherwise an isopropyl wash when things get too oily and caked up has them as good as new.

The same happened to me with the fenix pro after eight month..

Thats the hundreds of cycles test. If anything is going to go wrong with the electrics it will probably happen in such a time frame.
Be nice to get to the thousands before things start to fail, but it's tricky with the all-encased designs frequently used with convection.
Need more modularity, replaceable coils/heaters etc.

And primarily functional thermal insulation for any SMD IC components.

Top Bottom