Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Robert-in-YEG

You keep asking for it to "not look like a flute" while ignoring an entire market of vapes that fit your preferences better. I love the design, and hope they never change it. To make it shorter and fatter would just make it a starry (or fog pro?), and I prefer the svelte look of the v3 pro. It carries better, too.

You don't have to force yourself to like this vape just because it's popular and new. It really sounds like it's not at all what you are looking for.

Don't really like that, as it just invites finish wear (as you can see in the pictures). Is this another place where they changed the design for the lowest common denominator? First, they cap the max temp because someone is too dumb to press the down button, now they make this metal because apparently "don't put plastic on hot metal" escapes some people.

While I think the finish on the V3 pro is better than the typical xmax fare, your image looks more like my starry where the ano comes off if you look at it wrong.
NOTE - The V3 does have a countdown timer; my mistake.

If you read closely, I said that this vape has a place in my day. It is not a bad device, I just think the praise been heaped is now over the top.

In marketing and design, it is best to listen to all opinions. You like the shape, I don't. That doesn't make me right and you wrong, or vice versa. I am simply sharing my thoughts.

Having the cap fail reminded me of where this vape fits in my day; I miss having it available and will be watching the post for the new tops to arrive.

Let's keep to constructive criticism. Let's not call people 'dumb'.

What would you like to see in a V4 Pro?

Robert-in-YEG

quote-the-aim-of-argument-or-of-discussion-should-not-be-victory-but-progress-joseph-joubert-1...jpg

maremaresing

NOTE - The V3 does have a countdown timer; my mistake.

If you read closely, I said that this vape has a place in my day. It is not a bad device, I just think the praise been heaped is now over the top.

In marketing and design, it is best to listen to all opinions. You like the shape, I don't. That doesn't make me right and you wrong, or vice versa. I am simply sharing my thoughts.

Having the cap fail reminded me of where this vape fits in my day; I miss having it available and will be watching the post for the new tops to arrive.

Let's keep to constructive criticism. Let's not call people 'dumb'.

What would you like to see in a V4 Pro?

Robert-in-YEG

Nah, if someone shifts an entire design of a vape because they can't fathom turning the vape down in temp, that's dumb. If someone wipes plastic across a hot metal surface and are shocked that it melts, that is also dumb. Maybe dumb is relative, though, and this wouldn't seem dumb to some people.

EDIT: In retrospect, given the purpose of this device, I can easily forgive using the plastic scraper on the hot oven. If a user is absent minded enough to do this, then the V3 Pro is working as designed! :lol: So yeah maybe it's good that they switched to metal!!! I was wrong.

You just keep saying that you wish your sheep was a duck. Providing design advice that the sheep would be better if it had feathers, and maybe should handle deep water better. And if the next design could lay eggs that would be great because this one is terrible at laying eggs.

I'm saying it's ok to go buy a duck. I'm not fanboying the sheep. If all sheep were ducks it would be a very bland world.

Would the glass mouthpiece make it less like a flute for you? Is it just the stock mouthpiece you don't like? That is the one part that "completes the look" for flutishness, I'd agree. Or do you not like the candybar body shape?

At one time I swore by occluding the air holes to get bigger clouds from the V3Pro. I can now achieve very satisfying results by just priming the load with 3-4 cigar puffs and then drawing pretty hard. Either way works well, but I am not occluding the air holes anymore. I use max temp and on-demand mode.

I want to say that I tried this last night with okay results. Forgot to pull hard after the warm up puffs. I know warm up puffs have helped deliver big clouds in cold weather, so this requires more testing...

Actually if it comes off, it's more likely to be powder coating than anodizing.

If it flakes off, maybe. But the starry is just really thin anodize, as these mouth pieces seem to be. Unless they use a different coating process for the lids than the body? That could also be possible.

I may be misunderstanding, but mine has this now. There’s a countdown timer just above the temperature setting:

View attachment 14845

Yeah my early model has that too.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Actually if it comes off, it's more likely to be powder coating than anodizing.

I’d be concerned that it’s paint if it’s already wearing. Powder coating is quite resilient, that’s what they coat off road buggy frames and long travel suspension a-arms!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For the moment, adding a WPA isn't on mt radar.
As I had mentioned, I think the wpa is a better glass mouthpiece than the glass mouthpiece and I think either is a better mp than the standard. The function as wpa is a bonus. I use it with a j-hook. No bongs in my house...no dragons either, that I know about. I do chase my grand kids around sometimes...

Robert-in-YEG

As I had mentioned, I think the wpa is a better glass mouthpiece than the glass mouthpiece and I think either is a better mp than the standard. The function as wpa is a bonus. I use it with a j-hook. No bongs in my house...no dragons either, that I know about. I do chase my grand kids around sometimes...
I wish my grandkids were closer. I would happily spend more time with them, and less time doing anything else.

One of my weaknesses is actually enjoying the psychoactive effects. Cannabis for me, needs to be medicinal first, recreational a long distant second. I get that mixed up sometimes. So far, as of late, I've been able to get myself back on track when I get lost. Vaping to intentionally get a buzz, isn't healthy for me.

The advice I was given was to slow down, respect the ritual, and enjoy every part of the experience from grinding and preparing the herb, filling the vape, waiting for it to heat, etc. etc. The advice has value. The ritual does relieve stress, the vape does not need to be at its hottest setting, and the intent is to replace the behaviour of feeling/focusing on my anxieties and worries, with focusing on the ritual and incorporating it into a productive day.

Robert-in-YEG

quote-everything-should-be-done-with-moderation-and-using-common-sense-eartha-kitt-144-68-13.jpg

maremaresing

Ugh, you make it so hard to wait for POTV to get that in stock. I can only imagine how nice the V3PRo is with a jhook!!! The ground glass joint doesn't bother you to use natively? On my starry, the ceramic WPA has been my favorite to use natively, so I can see where you are coming from there.

ginolicious

Just ordered one for the GF for Xmas. Ordered from Vapenorth. Like to support Sneaky Pete. Used a coupon code gwn10 got 10% off. Paid $125 Canadian plus tax with free shipping. They also have the glass mouthpiece for the vape as well for $21 CDN. Wont be using it till after Xmas as its a present for her.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A device that can fall over without risk of breaking
Leave it laying on it's side, S$B makes the Plenty to lay on it's side so it can't fall over. :2c:
yes it adds cost
US$68 delivered for a Tera is cheap with all those accessories, maybe a Xmax Pro V3 kit could also be offered later, but not everyone wants a wpa (even if they do make a great mouthpiece) and would just be more landfill for some!
If someone wipes plastic across a hot metal surface and are shocked that it melts, that is also dumb.
I tried this and the plastic works fine for digging out hot ABV, how long and slow would a bumb-ass have to scrape it to actually melt I do not know but a quick jab or 2 seems fine...I would not recommend to do it as a regular thing though...also, if you need something to scrape out the bowl while hot...you over packed it to start with. :2c:
flutishness
More like a recorder with that mouthpiece!
quote-everything-should-be-done-with-moderation-and-using-common-sense-eartha-kitt-144-68-13.jpg
Hey, a Micheal Jackson fan!
that i think it is maybe steel.
Some kind of non ferrous pot metal...magnets will not stick to it.
more likely to be powder coating
Powder coating for sure, it seems to be chipping off, outside the vapor path so I suggest lead paint next time. :haw:

Edit. @PPN are the accessories dishwasher safe?

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

My second unit has already arrived with next day delivery so it'll be a dual with the claisen adapter tonight. Keen to try the Glass Adopters

The Victory goes to the claisen!

_20211203_211603.JPG

I used the Subimator last night, first time for a bit, only otherwise using the V3 Pro since receipt just a bit over a week ago. So I kind of have a good sense of tolerance to say that this is outrageously effective, V3 Pro is massive !

I don't like the paint or rubber but

Round two is calling

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Happy days down here. I think I prefer session mode. Finally read the manual and A/B'd the two devices with a similar chamber and the different modes and temps. Both modes are quite nice to use, on demand involves holding the fire button, waiting until it reaches temp (7-10ish seconds), while continuing to hold the fire button it is ready to drag and times out after 30 seconds, giving you time to cool the heater a bit and let the vapour taper off.
Session mode is either 4 or 6 minutes of continual power, meaning you can get longer than 30s worth of dense vapour and operate hands-free.
I've only used the 4 minute mode so far, and that seems about right to deplete a bowl, though it can be done in less time, just a couple of minutes of huge hits with the right priming and feathering.

The two devices are extremely hard to tell apart, the consistency is really great especially coming from Grasshopper land (:lol:)

A major benefit is also how smooth the direct hit performance is, it really is easy to get huge hits without any additional cooling, even with the Glass Adapter (it is probably nicer to use than the Glass MP).

The major difference between my units is the sound of the vibrating function, my first unit is quite noisy, and the newer one has a much nicer subtler sound. I guess also the buttons on the newer one are noticeably firmer too, more clicky. Visually I wanted a silver unit to better tell them apart, but they weren't in stock.
Between the performance, they're both equally awesome.

It's a pity they aren't more stable standing upright, I need to get a dock or something (a flared foot might be worth it), they've got a bit of a footprint laying down, and topple over and cause havoc too easily. I managed to knock one onto the BCG chamber and sent a bunch of flower flying!

The older one I managed to knock off my desk, giving it one unique scar the new one lacks. They seem reasonably durable luckily :razz:
I won't be trying to test that theory further though.

_20211204_051335.JPG

The good points are many. V3 Pro is super nice to use, simple, effective, enjoyable.

The device might have a bit of a lingering/storage smell, they're a little ungainly but ergonomic enough and small enough, overall they just work really well.

They only thing I would have on the wish list for a potential V4 would be a tapered inert fitting to seal the heater rather than the current silicone gasket.

I would like to see a tear down on the V3 Pro, but overall it seems nicely engineered and TopGreen has otherwise seemed to do a decent job, but it would be nice to alleviate the California Prop 65 warning. It seems like this product has had some nicely considered upgrades made to it on the fly, so I'm keen to see where things go from here, but this is a great offering and good value.

MoltenTiger

Just got my V3!!! Does anyone know if the XMAX Starry/V2 Pro Battery from POTV would work with V3PRO? Or another battery that would work.
I would guess they should work, there's an easy way to find out by trying.

Any high amperage rated 18650 should work well. I've had good success using LG HG2 as a small upgrade from stock. More capacity, slightly more power possibly, they seem slightly faster to heat.

I need to get the arts and crafts kit out to retrofit the Grasshopper Power Adapter to the V3 Pro to see how that works. I don't think it will be as useful replacing the larger cells, but it might be interesting having a solid power rail.

With the battery wraps with the V3 Pro, you can prevent most of the damage risk by partially inserting the battery onto the negative terminal and pressing it down to clear the positive terminal before it is pushed and snapped into place.
If you fully insert the battery half and then lever the topside of the battery in, the wrap will scrape against the positive terminal and might tear.

Primus420

I would guess they should work, there's an easy way to find out by trying.

Any high amperage rated 18650 should work well. I've had good success using LG HG2 as a small upgrade from stock. More capacity, slightly more power possibly, they seem slightly faster to heat.

I need to get the arts and crafts kit out to retrofit the Grasshopper Power Adapter to the V3 Pro to see how that works. I don't think it will be as useful replacing the larger cells, but it might be interesting having a solid power rail.

With the battery wraps with the V3 Pro, you can prevent most of the damage risk by partially inserting the battery onto the negative terminal and pressing it down to clear the positive terminal before it is pushed and snapped into place.
If you fully insert the battery half and then lever the topside of the battery in, the wrap will scrape against the positive terminal and might tear.
Thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For my first few weeks I had this down, exactly as you describe, partially inserting neg end, etc.
I have nicked two batteries now (positive end), but I think my issue is as much with removing a battery, I have less control when trying to reverse the procedure. I'm mostly just leaving a Sony VT6 in there full time.

I'm not particularly fussy about charge cycles, I tend to think I'd rather purchase an occasional bat or two than be a slave to procedure (exception is when safety is the issue), so I have no reservations about pulling it off before full, etc, etc.

I'm so pleased to see you (and your claisen) over here, Mr. Tiger, you help confirm what I've been feeling (even about the wpa as a better glass mp). And liberation from the Hopper merry-go-round is alone good reason for celebration.

Happy The Office GIF

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I recieved the V3 3 weeks ago, and I used it everyday the first week or two and just got to say that i am real happy with it. Sure, there can be some improvements but what is perfect anyways?

I am so happy that I have another one ordered to give to my friend that smokes.

Funny thing happened with my friend and my V3. I let him try it out. He smokes, both cigarettes and spliffs, he just is into smoking. And on this evening he had a spliff with him that he was looking forward to smoking. I asked him to wait with it, give my vape a chance first. He was a bit sceptical but agreed to trying but I did notice that he was still prepared for smoking his spliff afterwards. I packed a full capsule and primed the vape taking a few short puffs. I had him do a quick temp step to then finish off at max. He was not prepared for it. He became.., well, he felt very strong effects and was not prepared. He didn’t mention the spliff again that evening.

...I'm not particularly fussy about charge cycles, I tend to think I'd rather purchase an occasional bat or two than be a slave to procedure (exception is when safety is the issue), so I have no reservations about pulling it off before full, etc, etc....
Charge cycles are actually a thing of the past, it is actually old advice for other types of batteries, doesn’t apply to 18650 batteries. It is actually better that you pull it off before full than leaving it in when full..

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I recieved the V3 3 weeks ago, and I used it everyday the first week or two and just got to say that i am real happy with it. Sure, there can be some improvements but what is perfect anyways?

I am so happy that I have another one ordered to give to my friend that smokes.

Funny thing happened with my friend and my V3. I let him try it out. He smokes, both cigarettes and spliffs, he just is into smoking. And on this evening he had a spliff with him that he was looking forward to smoking. I asked him to wait with it, give my vape a chance first. He was a bit sceptical but agreed to trying but I did notice that he was still prepared for smoking his spliff afterwards. I packed a full capsule and primed the vape taking a few short puffs. I had him do a quick temp step to then finish off at max. He was not prepared for it. He became.., well, he felt very strong effects and was not prepared. He didn’t mention the spliff again that evening.

Charge cycles are actually a thing of the past, it is actually old advice for other types of batteries, doesn’t apply to 18650 batteries. It is actually better that you pull it off before full than leaving it in when full..
Oh, I was lumping charge cycles and pulling off before full (or not) into the same 'don't give a fuck' category 😉.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
There is a LIMITED number of RECHARGE CYCLES on every rechargeable battery. 18650’s depending on their actual rating, are in general listed as 300-500. And sure, scientifically your lithium batteries “may” last a BIT longer if you are diligent enough to monitor your “accurate” charger, or if you have a good manual one, set up your charger to cut the voltage at 4.0-4.1 volts.

Personally, I think of my batteries as “expendables”, I don’t fixate on babying them, I want them at full power, delivering the goods when I need and use them. If you are going to buy or have a bunch of new ones, and want to store them LONG TERM, 6 months or years, take lithium’s down to 3.8 volts, “at rest”. Then you double wrap them and place in refrigerator. An excellent charger/analyzer charger is the SkyRC MC3000, recently on sale for $80. Unfortunately, it’s a bit advanced for those that are not interested in all the manual options, or the learning curve.

Even the name brand “official”18650’s I buy are between $3-$5. Just use them and enjoy, or become a battery geek, and get the charger I use, learn it, then you can really get “into the weeds”, on battery charging. Have FUN, be SAFE!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There is a LIMITED number of RECHARGE CYCLES
I am like most, don't care if they last 2 years instead of 3 or 4, I just like them ready with as much juice available as possible... a different story with built-in 18650s like a Mighty...kid gloves for those!
Funny thing happened with my friend
I have found the same with some friends, they cannot believe the effects and taste, most thought the experience would be underwhelming and are nicely surprised...still get the odd stubborn bic riders.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Speaking of which, how often should I do a deep clean with alcohol and everything? Also are the alcohol pads packaged with the device safe to use around the heating chamber or should I only use them on the mouthpiece?
Yes you can use the Alcohols wipes to clean around the heating chamber and to clean the mouthpiece.
FYI @PPN has started a contest for a free V3 Pro that ends on 11/30.

:peace:
Thank you for that post!
Anybody know any good batteries to replace with the V3 pro or is the one it comes included with just fine?
The stock one is fine, the battery life is rather good with the V3Pro, the battery life is not the same than a oil cart battery cause flowers vaping need a lot more power, that's why the difference. Thank you for purchasing the Xmax V3Pro!
What side should I get at it from?
Remove first the screen (just pull it out), after the silicone frame will be easy to remove, don't be afraid you can't break anything, just take care to do that on a table to avoid the ceramic maze fall on the floor.
@PPN I never saw such a great customer service here like you do it.
I dont mean with it your contest to giveaway a V3 Pro. ;)
Thanks for that.
Keep it up. :sherlock:
I appreciate your kinds words, I like that job despite typing keep me away to vaporize as much as I wish...
So I tried googling and perusing through this thread but couldn’t quite figure out an answer. Will there ever be updated firmware available that we can download onto the device ourselves.
Sorry but we didn't made the unit firmware upgradable... but...
Although some open source community driven initiative could perhaps be possible... depending how well they locked down their micro-controller or not...

But our best bet is to rely on our good ol' friend @PPN to relay all our comments to the engineering team and maybe get them implemented for the V4.

(well I say "our" but I don't even own one...)
... why not in another future model, yes I'll transmit the info to the team!
Wife and I have both been very impressed by the V3
Thank you for the full feedback, I read everything and will transmit the weak points you noticed. Battery is a EVE 2550mah.
Why does the screen never turn off when plugged in? It's a flashlight all night long unless you put the screen facedown
Yes, it's another thing we have to update, thank you for noticing!
Has anyone done a full tear down on this thing yet? I’ve been breaking mine in the past couple days and there is definitely some plastic taste/smell that is still perpetuating the device even after I initially did a full-battery worth of burn offs and rigorous cleaning of every other part. I question the materials around the heater.
Strange, I found my units rather clean on this topic but people's smell sense and sensibility differs. I'll transmit also, thank you for your support.
Hi for me It take 3 days and two cleaning of the mouthpiece and bad taste is now gone away.
Ok, I'll appreciate to read each others feedback about that smell... Thank you for sharing... and for your purchase!
Super excited about my V3. Just got it and when I shake it slightly a rattling sound is heard inside...
Hi, I'm glad you like it, I think it's normal, just the buttons or the battery lid in earlier units (my early unit need a strip between the battery and the lid but it's fixed now)

My friend returned my spare unit and said he did not like it much as he could not get decent clouds with it.
I usually recommand conduction based devices to beginners but the ones who are really quitting combustion are quickly looking in convection based devices too. Thank you for trying to recruit vaporists :wave:
Overall I really like these things. Glad I picked one up, and now have ordered another unit and some glass adapters.

The only thing I don't like here are some of the material choices
Hi, I consider your feedback very much and the team also, we appreciate the kinds words and the critics as well, this is will help us to perfect the product in another future version (please, don't ask... I can't say when!)
Think I’m going to bite the bullet. Order one for the GF for Xmas. She doesn’t like the Firefly 2+. Find it too hard to use and inconsistent for her. I love it though. I notice my usual stores in Canada I order from don’t have them. What was that Canada store everyone was using and ahh coupon codes kicking around still?
Thank you for your confidence, I hope she will like it, please let us to know her thoughts.
The V3Pro is now my favorite vape. It performs well and doesn't have the same battery issues as the Hopper. And I prefer the form factor of the V3 over the TinyMight, with its protruding glass stem (which can be awkward to remove and replace in the TinyMight body).
Thank you! I'm very glad you like it, you are a member I consider the opinions a lot (with many others members too, we are speaking together since so many years now...)

Happy winner of a silver v3
Thx @PPN
:tup:, your Xmax V3Pro and accessories will be shipped next week, hope you'll enjoy it!
I just noticed the new glass accessories digger outerer are actually metal now instead of plastic, won't melt anymore but they will knock the mating surfaces around (the middle one is the OG plastic job that is 'wearing' on the digger mating part),
Yes we did it metal cause you asked for, I'll investigate about the "wearing" issue, thank you for noticing.

When XMax releases a V4 Pro, this is what I would like
Hi, I read all your post and we will consider your wishes, I appreciate how much you are sharing in the thread, thank you!
Just ordered one for the GF for Xmas. Ordered from Vapenorth. Like to support Sneaky Pete. Used a coupon code gwn10 got 10% off. Paid $125 Canadian plus tax with free shipping. They also have the glass mouthpiece for the vape as well for $21 CDN. Wont be using it till after Xmas as its a present for her.
Can't believe so much fellows members are taking the plunge, thank you and, please, share with us how much she likes it (...or not...). I appreciate the fact I quasi never cough with the V3Pro.
Powder coating for sure, it seems to be chipping off, outside the vapor path so I suggest lead paint next time. :haw:

Edit. @PPN are the accessories dishwasher safe?
I'll ask to the team about the coating and the dishwasher...
I dig this device, it is simple, easy to use mass produced vape. I scooped it from POTV and it rocks in on-demand mode.
At around 375 I can get through a bowl in 2 large pulls. Very nice work at a kick-ass price.
Thank you for the kinds words, Have fun!
Happy days down here. I think I prefer session mode.

The good points are many. V3 Pro is super nice to use, simple, effective, enjoyable.

The device might have a bit of a lingering/storage smell, they're a little ungainly but ergonomic enough and small enough, overall they just work really well.

They only thing I would have on the wish list for a potential V4 would be a tapered inert fitting to seal the heater rather than the current silicone gasket.
Thank you for the in depth feedback, we'll consider it :tup:
Just got my V3!!! Does anyone know if the XMAX Starry/V2 Pro Battery from POTV would work with V3PRO? Or another battery that would work.
The battery will work, although the Samsung 26j discharge rate being smaller than the Xmax V3Pro stock battery (a EVE 2550mah) this is may cause your battery to heat up while in use, this is not good and I would suggest to avoid that for safety reasons. Many others battery work, just be sure the discharge rate to be at least 10A and stick with famous battery manufacturers only (Samsung, Sony, LG,...). Enjoy your V3Pro!

Top Bottom