Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@PPN is the gold standard for company rep communication on FC: so prompt, professional, and thorough 👏

I'd asked about the 18mm glass wpa before (and not just the silicone sleeve hack) and now I'm wondering how cool it would be to have a glass wpa that inserts into the chamber rather than mating with the V3 mouthpiece housing design. I like how an inserted glass stem keeps the chamber super clean and it also reduces the incidental conduction as the chamber heats up.

The stainless chamber on my silver gradient V3 Pro does get dirty and that plus the clogging little mouthpiece parts are the main reasons I don't use it more.

Not complaining of course, I just like to use my portables like a heater and pop them on whatever j-hook, stem or bubbler I'm using without gunking up the chamber or mouthpiece

Robert-in-YEG

I think I prefer session mode.
I tried 'Demand' mode and didn't care for it. If I am vaping, I am vaping. I am very much a session type user.

The vape I use depends on what I am doing. If I'm active, need to get stuff done, and vaping while I am doing stuff, a convection vape makes sense. With convection, unless there is draw and airflow, there isn't much cooking going on. If I forget or if I don't finish a bowl, the leftovers still taste pretty good. The V3 Pro and the Tera are both good for this. The V3 Pro heats up faster than the Tera, it heats up in less than 30 seconds, so as long as there is still goodness in the bowl, it is as 'demand' as I need.

If I load my Solo II and then get busy doing something else, forgetting all about the herb in the oven, it will have black scorch marks, it won't taste good, and I am likely to just send the contents to the AVB bucket. This is a conduction vape. By comparison, with a convection vape, I just pick up and start where I left off; it will taste just fine.

Robert-in-YEG

44688.jpg

Kaptan

@PPN is the gold standard for company rep communication on FC: so prompt, professional, and thorough 👏

I'd asked about the 18mm glass wpa before (and not just the silicone sleeve hack) and now I'm wondering how cool it would be to have a glass wpa that inserts into the chamber rather than mating with the V3 mouthpiece housing design. I like how an inserted glass stem keeps the chamber super clean and it also reduces the incidental conduction as the chamber heats up.

The stainless chamber on my silver gradient V3 Pro does get dirty and that plus the clogging little mouthpiece parts are the main reasons I don't use it more.

Not complaining of course, I just like to use my portables like a heater and pop them on whatever j-hook, stem or bubbler I'm using without gunking up the chamber or mouthpiece
FYI, The HR Fury 2 WPA fits in the V3 pro as you described. Also, a GrassHopper silicon condom fits over the V3 pro MP to mate to a 14mm water piece.

cliffhanger1

I am really more than satisfied with the V3 and it is my my mostly used driver.
I even hear the crackle sometimes during the first draw when the trichomes burst.
Not every vape can do that. But with most closed air holes I have to say about it.
As I said, I am very, very satisfied with the vape.

The only weak point that i have been able to identify so far is that a magnet from one of my mouthpieces has now also loosened.
I'm afraid there will be more in time.
I prefer the standard mouthpiece over the glass mouthpiece, where the magnet is be better placed.

I do not hope that at some point all of my (I think 6) standard mouthpieces will become unusable.

But great vape, keep it up :)

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

I am really more than satisfied with the V3 and it is my my mostly used driver.
I even hear the crackle sometimes during the first draw when the trichomes burst.
Not every vape can do that. But with most closed air holes I have to say about it.
As I said, I am very, very satisfied with the vape.

The only weak point that i have been able to identify so far is that a magnet from one of my mouthpieces has now also loosened.
I'm afraid there will be more in time.
I prefer the standard mouthpiece over the glass mouthpiece, where the magnet is be better placed.

I do not hope that at some point all of my (I think 6) standard mouthpieces will become unusable.

But geat vape, keep it up :)
The magnets are an issue. I'm waiting on a replacement mouthpiece.

This morning I received an XVape Fog Pro. It too is full convection and I am very impressed. Of the two, I am starting to think the Fog Pro might be the better of the two. I need to vape more. The magnets on the Fog Pro are weak........

Robert-in-YEG

alyson-stoner-my-relationship-with-god-is-what-gives-quote-on-storemypic-03d53.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah dude the Fury 2 WPA is still available places, it is what I use with mine, so I have not bothered to order the official ones...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why does the screen never turn off when plugged in?
I like that the screen stays on, reminds me to take it off the charger!

how cool it would be to have a glass wpa that inserts into the chamber
As stated Fury2 WPA works well.
1631893281875.jpg
I have not bothered to order the official ones...
Fury2 WPA works well, the Xmax version works even better...a worthy upgrade to get that full oven...nice to have both :tup:

thunderstealer1337

:shrug::(:|

Just noticed this during the last reloading of the bowl, the crack is pretty big so im super surprised I havent seen it till now.

This was never dropped or abused, just used heavily for the past month.

I have reached out to the retailer I bought it from - they are in Canada though so hopefully I get taken care of. Good thing this isnt my only vape.

Robert-in-YEG

Just noticed this during the last reloading of the bowl, the crack is pretty big so im super surprised I havent seen it till now.

I have reached out to the retailer I bought it from - they are in Canada though so hopefully I get taken care of. Good thing this isnt my only vape.
I too have a broken mouthpiece and I am waiting for replacements. Mine broke because I tried to use white glue to secure the magnets. This did work short term, but the glue expanded because of the heat causing a break beside the magnet.

One of my concerns about the V3 Pro is durability. For the price, it is a good vape but it is too new to have stood the test of time.

Robert-in-YEG

"There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived and treats him accordingly."
- Henry David Thoreau

Robert-in-YEG,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
bdZVJD9l.jpg
That white residue looks a lot like dried out iso...you did not use iso on the plastic part ever did you?
Just trying to figure this out as I have used mine (before it was even on the US market)...a lot at max temp with no troubles apart from wear marks on the dabber stick part.

Robert-in-YEG

Wow that sucks. Kinda see the push to metal caps even more now.
There are rhythms of life. Things go good, things go bad, but in the end everything unfolds.

Two days ago, an XVape Fog Pro arrived for me. It inspired me to spend more time with my convection vapes. It has made me anxious to receive the replacement mouthpiece for the V3 Pro. I spent time today with the Tera, and the original Fog. Each has something unique. Draw on a convection vape is so easy. I've also learned that restricting the airflow produces greater psychoactive effects.

I'm also finding that some herb cooks better in some vapes. There is no real pattern, it just seems everything has its own impact. How dry is the herb? How is it ground, etc, etc. Even moods seem to affect things. On Sunday, I was really into the Flowermate Nano; today, it just sat idle.

I count my blessings that I have a variety of toys to entertain myself; I like gadgets, so VAS hit me right away. Today, it's the Fog Pro that really is appealing for me today. Not everyone is so lucky, and I'm big on gratitude. I am truly thankful for all that I have received. I am also thankful for everyone here in the FC community.

Robert-in-YEG

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together....
~ Carl Zwanzig

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Like @LesPlenty said, did you used ISO on the plastic mouthpiece? if not we have an issue here... but if you did it it appears the plastic doesn't stand with ISO and it's mentionned in the user guide you can clean all the mouthpiece parts with ISO except the plastic cover.

Let me know...

thunderstealer1337

The mouthpiece gets wiped down with iso, the other contents gets submerged in iso, if this is user error lemme know but I think it's your magnet design or one of the molds had void issues and we are seeing cracks from the insert/removal over time.

I have a dozen other vapes so not sure my technique of cleaning (wiping areas of residue with iso on mouthpiece - not submerging) is the root cause. And tbh the silicone and other part sit in submerged iso all the time and then get rinsed and inserted to mouthpiece - should I have ultrasonically washed them before sitting them into the mouthpiece - I would say this introduction of iso would potentially be alot more accumulation buildup over time vs the wipedown of the mouthpiece no?

Tbh a $10 mouthpiece that already started falling apart (magnets) is the root problem to begin with, this is definitely not user error imo, but I'm all ears

Robert-in-YEG

Like @LesPlenty said, did you used ISO on the plastic mouthpiece? if not we have an issue here... but if you did it it appears the plastic doesn't stand with ISO and it's mentionned in the user guide you can clean all the mouthpiece parts with ISO except the plastic cover.

Let me know...
I like being able to throw things in alcohol to clean and disinfect them. Being able to have aa product that can endure a minutes in alcohol makes cleaning easier, it also shows that the material is stable. If it can't handle an ISO wash, what might it be leeching out with heat and time?

There is no problem considering the top and mouthpiece as 'consumables' given the price; they aren't expensive. I would however, expect a mouthpiece to last a couple of months at the least. Is that unreasonable?

Robert-in-YEG

"All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea."
~ Napoleon Hill

Hemper

I just today ordered the V3 WPA attachment. I will initially try it out as a mouthpiece, which I think would cool better than the plain glass. I will eventually get a 14mm J Hook - I have a 19mm J that I got for the TM and really like so why not?

Robert-in-YEG

I just today ordered the V3 WPA attachment. I will initially try it out as a mouthpiece, which I think would cool better than the plain glass. I will eventually get a 14mm J Hook - I have a 19mm J that I got for the TM and really like so why not?
The one thing about convection vapes, is that they don't get as hot as conduction. I'm all for good cooling, I just wanted to say that even with the stock mouthpiece, the vapour from the V3 Pro is quite cool and smooth.

If you like the V3 Pro, the Fog Pro is equally impressive.

Robert-in-YEG

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun."
- Homer Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: PPN

Hemper

The one thing about convection vapes, is that they don't get as hot as conduction. I'm all for good cooling, I just wanted to say that even with the stock mouthpiece, the vapour from the V3 Pro is quite cool and smooth.

If you like the V3 Pro, the Fog Pro is equally impressive.

Robert-in-YEG

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun."
- Homer Simpson
I agree, I have no complaints about the stock mouthpiece temperature. I meant that I'd expect the WPA to remain cooler than the plain glass mouthpiece, which is probably hotter than stock.

I am looking forward to finding a fog available :shrug:

thunderstealer1337

Let me know...
Yes but how else do you clean it, it was never submerged, see my post above where I forgot to quote you. My vendor asked me to email your group (topgreen) via the website, so I did that, but there was no email confirmation that I successfully sent one.

Also I want to add 1 magnet also fell off the mouthpiece a few weeks back, and I have just wedged a piece of tape in there to keep the magnet from dislodging, more proof that I dont submerge this thing in iso, otherwise that iso/tape woulda dislodged a long time ago.

I like being able to throw things in alcohol to clean and disinfect them. Being able to have aa product that can endure a minutes in alcohol makes cleaning easier, it also shows that the material is stable. If it can't handle an ISO wash, what might it be leeching out with heat and time?

There is no problem considering the top and mouthpiece as 'consumables' given the price; they aren't expensive. I would however, expect a mouthpiece to last a couple of months at the least. Is that unreasonable?

Robert-in-YEG

"All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea."
~ Napoleon Hill
May I ask who is replacing your mouthpiece, your vendor or from the oem mfg? You only had magnet issues correct - but got a replacement?

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would however, expect a mouthpiece to last a couple of months at the least. Is that unreasonable?
Mine has lasted 3 months with heavy daily use...fingers crossed!
the silicone and other part sit in submerged iso all the time and then get rinsed
As long as you rinse well with water after iso you will be fine.
Yes but how else do you clean it
With soap and water as the instructions say. :2c:
I just ultrasonic clean mine with the UC heater on about 60c/140f as I don't like the soapy smell on any of my vape gear.

MoltenTiger

I don't like the plastic mouthpiece at all, although it does work alright, it's pretty much my least favourite thing about this vape for many good reasons.

I just got a couple of HealthyRips Fury 2 WPAs and retrofit one to the V3 Pro Glass Mouthpiece alloy/silicone. With the silicone piece inverted it sits away from the heater and acts only as a seal.
The glass tube lines the chamber sidewalls which is keeping the V3 Pro clean, the chamber is reduced in size but it still performs very well.

sketch-1638964522991.png

I'm liking this set up quite a bit, I just wish it had a plain 14mm taper!

It would be cool if something similar was made available by TopGreen.

thunderstealer1337

Lol

I guarantee the submerging of the other 2 parts transfer iso way more then me wiping it down.

So magnet falling out is also from iso?

This is bizarre if the plastic literally cracks from being touched by iso if you think about this...

I still think it's a mold issue, I've dealt with injection molding - where the cracks are forming are around the 90 degree bends, it's a common failure....... I suggest to pull up the control plan and review how often you do qa sample checks or increase sample sizes whatever your quality assurance is puting out.

Top Bottom