Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And what about vapor production, taste and Clouds vs TM and Hopper? I have both Tm and Hopepr io, and it's hard for me to imagine that v3pro can hit harder

Yeah you should start a thread in Ask FC my dude ;)

We're not supposed to be comparing in the vape specific threads I don't think. The TM has the quicker, more powerful heater by a good bit. The V3 punches above its weight and stands alone as a legit on demand convection portable for $100.

Yep, I will say of course it cannot hit harder than those two, with their 70 watts of power, not sure how much watts of power we have here but feel confident its a decent amount less... @Tweakz I'll tell you taste cannot quite compare either based on the materials and appropriate pricing, however the taste is one of the best for this category of budget vape, while clouds and effects are there!

Don't get me wrong, the capability of this vape can be quite surprising, nice vapor quality and strong signature, particularly this style at this price... The V3pro definitely still gets me there, so many ways to use it... Just because it cannot quite compare to the two top tier products you mentioned which are more than double the price is no slight on the xmax v3pro I assure you!

You do not need this vape, however if you are looking for a budget type option that is simple to use, won't leave you lacking for on demand convection flavors and effects, well then this is it my friend :tup:

Robert-in-YEG

I read the comparisons, and I get it. I make comparisons too.

Here is the problem with comparisons. Every person is different, and every device is different. What works for one person, may not work for another.

This doesn't mean we don't have a conversation, let's just avoid generalizations.

Robert-in-YEG

0778ba717c0226302058435a306ef91b.jpeg

fogbank

And what about vapor production, taste and Clouds vs TM and Hopper? I have both Tm and Hopepr io, and it's hard for me to imagine that v3pro can hit harder
I wouldn't say that it hits harder.

As others have stated we are not supposed to compare vapes in the vape specific threads.

I will say this: I'm not much of a flavor chaser, so I won't weigh in on that aspect of the V3Pro.

And to me, "vapor production" and "Clouds" are pretty much synonymous, so that would only be one category and not two.

I will say that even though both the Hopper iO and the TinyMight have more powerful heaters than the V3Pro, the V3Pro produces plenty of vapor/clouds to satisfy me, and I have used the Hoppers and TinyMights regularly prior to obtaining the V3Pro.

The V3Pro is checking all of the boxes for me: Relatively fast heat-up time, slim/sleek form factor, plenty of vapor production, thorough extraction, and battery life that spans multiple sessions.

My biggest dilemna with the V3Pro is how much to load into the oven. The oven isn't big enough for me to get two satisfying sessions from a single bowl. The first session (2 hits) is great. The second session is weak because the extraction on the first session was pretty thorough. I may just try loading smaller amounts and only trying for one session per bowl. That would move the V3Pro closer to the VLeaf Go in that regard (I only get one session from the Go).

If that is my only dilemna with the V3Pro then that is a pretty good sign.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am not occluding
Do you need 8 arms to do that? :lol: Funny how the unit works well the way the engineers designed it.
The oven isn't big enough for me to get two satisfying sessions from a single bowl.
Yes, definitely a short sesh device, that is why I like using a hip flask funnel for filling (when at home), quick and clean refills...also good to have more than one unit...I will get a 3rd silver job when on sale cheap.

Petetbay

I just noticed the new glass accessories digger outerer are actually metal now instead of plastic, won't melt anymore but they will knock the mating surfaces around (the middle one is the OG plastic job that is 'wearing' on the digger mating part),
View attachment 14832
So is the entire housing all metal now instead of plastic or just the poker thing?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm surprised by the material, too (of the glass mp's). Now that you mention it, I also see some finish coming off the poker itself, where it engages into the main body.
Who will be the first to strip the 'paint' off of this thing? :rofl:
Hopefully the manufacturer sees this already, they do seem willing to make changes mid-stream. I still see the overall design of the glass mp's as an improvement.

Thank you. I ordered two.
And no glass? After all of my praise for it? And after the the things that have happened to your other mp - the breakage, the magnets? ;)

thank you, and no I didn't go through 29 pages to find it. That is why we as humans have the ability to ask polite questions of one another and share information that one may possess that another doesn't.
I see that you are relatively new to FC (Welcome!) and that you have been busy posting, etc.

The little kerfuffle and the reaction over your query deserves some background. I am not a mod, I have just been here long enough to understand the main rules (and to have broken a lot of them...).
So I gave a look on that page and have listed a couple of them (in no particular order), as a review for some and maybe a first read for others. Please know I am not directing all of this at you, @Hemper; these are more just gentle reminders for all of us.
True Confession; The last one is one I break all the time... :D
  • Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post
  • Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
  • Before ...... posting a reply, please ask yourself: ......Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation? Is it on topic?
  • Check out our chat room for a less formal, more free-form environment.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
Now, just to editorialize a bit;
I see the product threads as an attempt at building a knowledge base and not so much as a chat room type thing. I believe the early days of FC (I was not here then) adhered to this much more closely than today. In a perfect world, each product thread might be distilled to only bares bones facts and reactions to that vape. I guess for members or visitors there can be degrees of frustration when threads meander.

Beyond all of that, I love this place and the community, the civility. At times it is my church, at times my library and sometimes just a fun house to share with all of you folks.

Robert-in-YEG

And no glass? After all of my praise for it? And after the the things that have happened to your other mp - the breakage, the magnets? ;)
I didn't think about the glass mouthpiece for the V3 Pro. That I should try. For the moment, adding a WPA isn't on mt radar.

For now, I have WPA's for the Solo, Tera, and Flowermate Pro. If I am using the WPA, I'm probably chasing the dragon, and that is something I shouldn't be doing on a regular basis.

I went overboard yesterday morning with the Tera and the bong. Something before lunch I thought about moderation and decided to switch to the V3 Pro, because I get good flavour, and if I don't restrict the airflow; I can vape without getting overly medicated. This vape definitely has a place in my day. When the MP broke yesterday, I went back to the Tera, but this time using the glass mouthpiece; I didn't even try the plastic.

Today I am not feeling great. I went overboard yesterday. I vaped too much, I didn't sleep properly, and I didn't follow my normal daily routine. I forgot to respect the ritual, I did go chasing the dragon. Today, common sense has returned, jarred into place by the first sleepless night in a few weeks, and the cause was self-inflicted.

I like the flavour the V3 produces. I do not like the design; in my opinion it is cheaply made and ugly as could be. The vaporizor definitely works; the convection heating is decent, the price is EXCELLENT, but this is not the greatest vaporizer on the market right now.

When XMax releases a V4 Pro, this is what I would like:
  • Something that doesn't look like a flute
  • A device that can fall over without risk of breaking; the Starry v3 is a tank; this is a Pontiac Firefly
    • The Starry can handle a fall from the table to floor without a scratch; if the V3 falls, it will be damaged
    • Make the device heavy, solid, and durable
  • Tactile feedback on the buttons; when it is dark, you can't feel the controls
  • A countdown timer showing how much time is left in the session
  • Include a full glass tip and a WPA like the Tera
    • Boundless includes a glass MP and a WPA in the package; yes it adds cost, but it is worth it
  • Better batteries & battery cooling
    • The batteries get very hot during use, the stock batteries could be better
  • A bigger bowl
    • Not everyone likes bigger, so include dosing capsules to change the size of the load
      • Herb can be packed directly to get the biggest load
        • Two different size dosing caps would provide options for those micro-dosing
Robert-in-YEG

Weed-Quotes-about-joy.jpg

maremaresing

You keep asking for it to "not look like a flute" while ignoring an entire market of vapes that fit your preferences better. I love the design, and hope they never change it. To make it shorter and fatter would just make it a starry (or fog pro?), and I prefer the svelte look of the v3 pro. It carries better, too.

You don't have to force yourself to like this vape just because it's popular and new. It really sounds like it's not at all what you are looking for.

I just noticed the new glass accessories digger outerer are actually metal now instead of plastic, won't melt anymore but they will knock the mating surfaces around (the middle one is the OG plastic job that is 'wearing' on the digger mating part),
View attachment 14832

Don't really like that, as it just invites finish wear (as you can see in the pictures). Is this another place where they changed the design for the lowest common denominator? First, they cap the max temp because someone is too dumb to press the down button, now they make this metal because apparently "don't put plastic on hot metal" escapes some people.

While I think the finish on the V3 pro is better than the typical xmax fare, your image looks more like my starry where the ano comes off if you look at it wrong.

Top Bottom