• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

vape_confusion

Hi guys,

Super excited about my V3. Just got it and when I shake it slightly a rattling sound is heard inside... like a very small screw or something inside. I tried holding the buttons and that's not it. From where I bought it, they said that the sound is present in all units and it's made by the main button. Do you have the same experience?

Kaptan

I think you probably should have posted in the main thread for the V3, but to answer your question, it seems to be normal. If you press and hold all 3 buttons and then shake, there is no rattle noise. If I shake my v3 without pressing and holding the buttons, there is a distinct rattle noise.

Robert-in-YEG

I think you probably should have posted in the main thread for the V3, but to answer your question, it seems to be normal. If you press and hold all 3 buttons and then shake, there is no rattle noise. If I shake my v3 without pressing and holding the buttons, there is a distinct rattle noise.
Mine is the same. The buttons rattle, the top is a bit loose, but the vape itself is fairly solid. If yours rattles, I would check with whoever sold you the vaporizer. Maybe you can cab exchange it?

The loose top is a pain in the ass, I have had it come off unexpectedly, but other than that it is an OK vape. What Topgreen needs to do is redesign the mouthpiece/top with bigger stronger magnets that don't come out.

I like my V3, I use it daily, but it is not my favorite. The Solo II wins that race, but the Flowermate Pro would be in the race. Both the Solo and the Flowermate produce stronger psychoactive effects for me.

Everyone is different. Every vaporizer is different. It is a journey to discover every device.

Robert-in-YEG

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have several standard mouthpieces.
Now are in Germany the glass variante available for 19 Euro.
Is it worth to upgrade ? is the vape experience a different one?
i dont mean the WPA. thx :)
19 Euro is a lot more than the 15 CAD I paid!

The glass attachments are definitely an improvement, imo.
I happened to buy the glass wpa, not the glass mp.

The wpa is great, I want another, they're just currently out of stock over here from what I can tell.
I like the taper of the wpa for use as a mouthpiece, likely more than I would the larger dia. straight glass mp.
But I really, really like the wpa paired with j-hook, this is great improvement to the stock vape, imo.

Both of these attachments have re-designed magnetic attachment, the magnets are housed and they cannot come loose from the mouthpiece. (Coming attraction for the standard mp?)

The loose top is a pain in the ass, I have had it come off unexpectedly, but other than that it is an OK vape. What Topgreen needs to do is redesign the mouthpiece/top with bigger stronger magnets that don't come out.
see above

Robert-in-YEG

19 Euro is a lot more than the 15 CAD I paid!

The glass attachments are definitely an improvement, imo.
I happened to buy the glass wpa, not the glass mp.

The wpa is great, I want another, they're just currently out of stock over here from what I can tell.
I like the taper of the wpa for use as a mouthpiece, likely more than I would the larger dia. straight glass mp.
But I really, really like the wpa paired with j-hook, this is great improvement to the stock vape, imo.

Both of these attachments have re-designed magnetic attachment, the magnets are housed and they cannot come loose from the mouthpiece. (Coming attraction for the standard mp?)

see above
If there is a better top, I don't mind buying a second.

With my Starry v3 (original), I picked up a second top/mouthpiece so I could have one soaking in alcohol, while the other is in use; the same with my Flowermates. I will do the same thing for the V3.

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My friend returned my spare unit and said he did not like it much as he could not get decent clouds with it. I showed him again how to load to about 3/4 full in the bowl without packing so the mouthpiece will not fall out (take note @Robert-in-YEG) as the silicon CU holder seats in the top of the oven and the load needs to be able to get hot air through it.
I then set to max temp, took 3 or 4 cigar puffs to get things happening and managed 2 or 3 huge rips and another 3 or 4 whispy tokes. He said he never got results like that...he then showed me what he was feeding it out of a plastic grinder...I felt sorry for him and gave him my large SL/x V2.5 full of decent bud to use with his next vape... conduction-based for beginners as the V3 was still too much work for him...he may need a bag vape or at least fan assisted!

Robert-in-YEG

My friend returned my spare unit and said he did not like it much as he could not get decent clouds with it. I showed him again how to load to about 3/4 full in the bowl without packing so the mouthpiece will not fall out (take note @Robert-in-YEG) as the silicon CU holder seats in the top of the oven and the load needs to be able to get hot air through it.
I then set to max temp, took 3 or 4 cigar puffs to get things happening and managed 2 or 3 huge rips and another 3 or 4 whispy tokes. He said he never got results like that...he then showed me what he was feeding it out of a plastic grinder...I felt sorry for him and gave him my large SL/x V2.5 full of decent bud to use with his next vape... conduction-based for beginners as the V3 was still too much work for him...he may need a bag vape or at least fan assisted!
Using a few cigar puffs makes a huge difference. The air has to move through the herb to start cooking.

What made a difference for me, is covering the intake holes with my hand. It is like playing a flute. More restriction brings more vapor, and more psychoactive effects.

I save my best herb for the V3; it seems to bring out the taste more. My two favourite strains in the V3 are Gelato and Sticky Buns; both are delicious. For me, the V3 is strong on flavour, and lighter in terms of a buzz. This is what I like to use after lunch when I need to get productive. I can vape without getting wrecked.

One side note; using white school glue seems to work for keeping the magnets in place. So far they have come out and there is no odd or bad taste. White glue is non-toxic, and it only takes a tiny amount. Heat and cleaning likely will eventually cause the magnets to loosen over time, but I can live with that.

Robert-in-YEG

download (3).jpeg

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

I have missed not having my second unit for this reason, that battery wrap is fragile at the best of times no matter who the manufacturer.
Wireless charging on the next model please!
The V3 was not to my smoking (tobacco and pot) friends liking so I will have it back soon, I will give him an Ace or some other conduction vape to try next. He may circle back around to the V3 if I get him off combustion and his lungs and taste buds recover enough to appreciate the cool convection goodness on offer here.
That's interesting, fair enough too. There is probably some variance in how it's packed, but maybe mostly in flower and grind. BCG fine was better than SLX 2.0 (just saw a photo of the MFLB finishing grinder, forgot about that I will have to track mine down to try it) both SLX/BCG worked well with a range of different amounts in the V3 when I tried. I guess it doesn't blast through large amounts too quickly which can limit the amount it slaps. It's not a freight train hit, and for a cone fiend on a level, it might take some getting accustomed to, like vaping generally does.

My experience was a bit different, the V3 got a lot of immediate praise from those that tried it (further happy remarks as time went on and the effects set in) for a while it was chasing joints round the circle but the V3 was said to be preferred and gradually took over. It worked pretty awesome like this with the glass mouthpiece, everyone was getting big and effortless clouds, noting the fruity flavour of our usual widow and then being super happy with the result. It's likely the same stuff everyone normally had, white widow, but they were asking about it like it was top shelf. Actually it was all little bottom bag buds so far from the Cola, very nice though, I get looked after well. Different temps were all pretty rewarding too.

Overall I really like these things. Glad I picked one up, and now have ordered another unit and some glass adapters.

I'll have to take a look at the battery holder and wrap situation. Didn't seem to bother me, better to have the powerful spring and ample clamping force then a cell that is easier to handle, always need to be careful so having to be is fine. So far I found it really simple with the magnetic attachments and the ribbon pull tag release.

The only thing I don't like here are some of the material choices, a little unfortunate for sure.

I would like a premium version free of plastic and siloxane. At least with the current design most of that could be alleviated with a better Mouthpiece design, although it's hard to get that necessary seal with other methods beyond threading. It's not too bad one could only guess, not as flavoursome as inflating a party balloon, you know that chemical flavour.. barely there is still there. Get that cheap material solution fixed, and this is a huge winner of a product.

I don't recall tasting anything from the glass mouthpiece but it has the same sealing gasket interface (not air sealed in box so able to breathe in transit), it's probably not much of a concern but it's hard to tell how much energy is sinking into it.

I didn't mean to buy the glass mouthpiece, the photo on the site was of both it and the WPA but I only saw the WPA which is what I was waiting for before purchase.

Ultimately glad I got onto it earlier, and glad I got the Glass Mouthpiece too.

This thing is what I've been waiting for, a solid convection vape priced right and performing well.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
With this vape we see some folks walking away from Mighty, a truly great conduction/hybrid cooker. But on the other end, some of the heavy convection peeps are finding satisfaction as well.

At my house it is a bit of a Goldilocks solution. We both love convection for flavor, effects, all of the above, but not usually for passing and sharing (in the stable are Hopper, Go and RBT Splinter). So, we have a Mighty for those leisurely long sessions or car trips, etc.
We are both liking the middle ground of the V3 (I know, yeah, it is a convection vape). Chamber size lets us pass for a few hits each (landed on 200 or 205C, pretty much set it and forget it). But as a solo vape it can be cached in 2 or 3 hits (for me), especially using some minimal glass and sometimes some carburetion.

I recently posted some of the negatives about this one, but I am also very, very encouraged by the advances we see here -- the future is not far off! (Last year I found the Go, very inexpensive, good hitting convection. The V3 raises the bar yet again in this space, Bravo!)

Hemper

Does anyone have a quick photo of the glass mouthpiece and wpa separate from the vape? I am trying to see if herb still goes in the oven or the stem and if the stems have a built in screen. Thanks

Petetbay

Does anyone have a quick photo of the glass mouthpiece and wpa separate from the vape? I am trying to see if herb still goes in the oven or the stem and if the stems have a built in screen. Thanks
It has been posted, if you had checked.
View attachment 14181
Got the new glass accessories and I am glad to report the s/s 'cooling units' can be swapped with the standard mouthpiece filter disc if would want/need more airflow. That said the small detour the vapor has to make in the glass mouthpiece does seem to cool the vapor a bit.
I tried a low temp (190c/375f) session with the new and the flavor and mouthfeel are slightly improved over the stock unit but airflow is also even more open.
View attachment 14182
With XMax Ace ceramic filter(also fits the glass mouthpiece if you don't like metal in the air path),
View attachment 14183
Nice to see the wire mesh screen is used instead of the pressed plate jobs.
I will report more as I use them more.

ginolicious

Think I’m going to bite the bullet. Order one for the GF for Xmas. She doesn’t like the Firefly 2+. Find it too hard to use and inconsistent for her. I love it though. I notice my usual stores in Canada I order from don’t have them. What was that Canada store everyone was using and ahh coupon codes kicking around still?

Hemper

Think I’m going to bite the bullet. Order one for the GF for Xmas. She doesn’t like the Firefly 2+. Find it too hard to use and inconsistent for her. I love it though. I notice my usual stores in Canada I order from don’t have them. What was that Canada store everyone was using and ahh coupon codes kicking around still?
i got from vpm in Canada. they gave 10% when you register your email

Petetbay

How did you find that, 300 odd posts ago?...I never have much luck with the Search engine above. :hmm:

I forget more stuff than I remember, but that was a excellent post/pics, those things I tend to remember. It took me 30 seconds to find it unaided. This thread is unnecessarily long due the same questions being asked, because because people are lazy and want instant answers.

Tip: want to find what’s been discussed, look at PPN’s posts he reviews and covers everything posted with regard to the V3Pro.

Sorry I screwed up double posting, tried to delete, couldn’t figure that out. Mod if you could combine the posts.

TY mod.

Last edited:

Hemper

I forget more stuff than I remember, but that was a excellent post/pics, those things I tend to remember. It took me 30 seconds to find it unaided. This thread is unnecessarily long due the same questions being asked, because because people are lazy and want instant answers.
A pleasure to meet you as well. Is it more a show of laziness to not want to go through 30 pages post-by-post to find a pic that might be there, or to complain about a 30 second "unaided" effort to help a fellow member? No offense intended, just something to consider.

That said, those pics of the glass were exactly what I was hoping to see. thanks again

fogbank

At one time I swore by occluding the air holes to get bigger clouds from the V3Pro. I can now achieve very satisfying results by just priming the load with 3-4 cigar puffs and then drawing pretty hard. Either way works well, but I am not occluding the air holes anymore. I use max temp and on-demand mode.

I have a black model and a Silver Gradient model. So far the experience with the two has been identical. I would not be able to tell the difference in a blind comparison. Very consistent performance with both units. I can't say the same about my Grasshoppers or TinyMights.

The V3Pro is now my favorite vape. It performs well and doesn't have the same battery issues as the Hopper. And I prefer the form factor of the V3 over the TinyMight, with its protruding glass stem (which can be awkward to remove and replace in the TinyMight body).

Tweakz

At one time I swore by occluding the air holes to get bigger clouds from the V3Pro. I can now achieve very satisfying results by just priming the load with 3-4 cigar puffs and then drawing pretty hard. Either way works well, but I am not occluding the air holes anymore. I use max temp and on-demand mode.

I have a black model and a Silver Gradient model. So far the experience with the two has been identical. I would not be able to tell the difference in a blind comparison. Very consistent performance with both units. I can't say the same about my Grasshoppers or TinyMights.

The V3Pro is now my favorite vape. It performs well and doesn't have the same battery issues as the Hopper. And I prefer the form factor of the V3 over the TinyMight, with its protruding glass stem (which can be awkward to remove and replace in the TinyMight body).
And what about vapor production, taste and Clouds vs TM and Hopper? I have both Tm and Hopepr io, and it's hard for me to imagine that v3pro can hit harder

Robert-in-YEG

The top on my V3 Pro just broke. Where I used the white glue, the plastic around the magnet cracked and broke away. I do not know if the white glue caused the problems, but I cannot report anything good.

I need to buy a new mouthpiece. Does anyone know where I can buy in Canada? Planet of the Vapes has in their US store, but not on the Canadian side.

The Tera v3 I ordered arrived, and this morning, using it with a bong, made my head spin. It has a huge bowl, and I gave it a good test.

Now, I would really like to switch to the V3 Pro, and it's broken :| It may well be my fault; there was risk in using glue.

Actually, thinking about it, it makes sense now. The glue was thin, but when it got heated, it expanded, breaking the plastic. That makes sense to me. Even though the glue was as thin as I could make it, heat would cause it to expand. DON'T USE glue!

All this killed the nice feelings from the Tera; back to the bong!

Robert-in-YEG

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
And what about vapor production, taste and Clouds vs TM and Hopper? I have both Tm and Hopepr io, and it's hard for me to imagine that v3pro can hit harder
We're not supposed to be comparing in the vape specific threads I don't think. The TM has the quicker, more powerful heater by a good bit. The V3 punches above its weight and stands alone as a legit on demand convection portable for $100.

Top Bottom