• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Pukka

What side should I get at it from? I see that it has a little arrow on it pointing up toward the scoop end but for the life of me I just cannot get the rubber bit out! I feel like I need a visualization but it seems like anytime I search up how to clean the V3 Pro I get tutorials for the dang Starry model! I swear the universe is trying to tempt me into getting that Starry... *leers at an open POTV tab* lol 😂
《Forget this noise, I'm just a mistaken nutball 🙃》There is a small square cut-out on the left side (with the scraper facing you) that you can fit a thumb nail or small tool into to pop it out.

Last edited:

GanjaGavman

Convection FTW
So I tried googling and perusing through this thread but couldn’t quite figure out an answer. Will there ever be updated firmware available that we can download onto the device ourselves. Would love a couple of the changes mentioned here become available at some point.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I tried googling and perusing through this thread but couldn’t quite figure out an answer. Will there ever be updated firmware available that we can download onto the device ourselves. Would love a couple of the changes mentioned here become available at some point.

No, don't expect that from a vape like this...

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Although some open source community driven initiative could perhaps be possible... depending how well they locked down their micro-controller or not...

But our best bet is to rely on our good ol' friend @PPN to relay all our comments to the engineering team and maybe get them implemented for the V4.

(well I say "our" but I don't even own one...)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If anyone has a good picture or two of the internal PCB.... :brow:

With enough time and dedication, everything can be hacked. But if the device does not support USB updating (or USB data at all) it will probably be too impractical for the vast majority. I doubt you guys would be willing to solder a few wires just to be able to update (and potentially brick heh) your device...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wife and I have both been very impressed by the V3, even as we compare it to our regulars; Mighty, Hopper, Go.

Not only for this device, for this moment, but also because I am SO PUMPED about the future of portable vaping, based on this thing!

Here are some comments about apparent weaknesses of the V3.

Magnets coming loose from mp. Who knows why? But it should not be happening.
Hasn't happened to me, but we see enough reports here...
I wonder if the bond is weakened at all by cleaning (iso?).
The setup in the glass wpa and glass mouthpiece seems to resolve this issue, and I'm using wpa full-time, so, I'm over it. ;)

Maybe this isn't a weakness, but
I tried the wax cup last night with some nice live rosin. I think it was a waste of material, will stay with dedicated devices for the trates, thank you.

Potential damage to battery wrap.
I originally downplayed this in my mind, because I believed I saw an exact 'right way' to remove/replace them. I apparently have not yet discovered it, scraped 2nd battery sleeve yesterday (just a few weeks of use). I may be better at installing than removing, I think.

I firmly believe the device needs improvement in this aspect; this is not a matter of educating users about finesse in battery replacement, it is a HUGE safety concern. Safety is often a top reason listed when designers justify non-removeable batteries.
A few years ago I had a 750mAh battery 'vent' in my dresser drawer -- I don't ever want to see one of these 18650's go off!

I don't imagine a fix for this without changing the housing of V3, but that won't make current version safer.

To always charge battery in-device would mean less use of the device; we'd need 2 or 3 to keep up some days...
Oh. Such troubles! HA!
Three would still cost less than a Mighty or Hopper.

Edit;
I need to add that I still have more to learn about usb-c charging and how to optimize that with this V3. I'm surprised that my Samsung phone brick/cable won't work at all, but currently (no pun intended) the Samsung cable, attached to a 6-way AC to usb-A thing (output= 5w, 2.5 amp) has going from 1 bar to almost full in just under two hours, not too bad.[WRONG, last bar still blinking at almost 3 hrs now.] But idk recall what size batt is in there!?!? :rolleyes: -- 3,000mah, it may be a Sony VT6 and...
update, at 3-1/2 hrs, fully charged.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
To always charge battery in-device would mean less use of the device; we'd need 2 or 3 to keep up some days...
Oh. Such troubles! HA!
I have missed not having my second unit for this reason, that battery wrap is fragile at the best of times no matter who the manufacturer.
Wireless charging on the next model please!
The V3 was not to my smoking (tobacco and pot) friends liking so I will have it back soon, I will give him an Ace or some other conduction vape to try next. He may circle back around to the V3 if I get him off combustion and his lungs and taste buds recover enough to appreciate the cool convection goodness on offer here.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I think if that spring loaded negative terminal post were 1-2mm shorter that would really help in removing the battery.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: PPN

Bad Dog

I never like to leave it plugged in longer than it needs to charge. I worked in the spring on mine to soften it for like 15-20 minutes and have a easier time swiping cells now.

avb comparison??? but which is which????

DWw9SIW.jpg

one is my usual temp stepping load, one 2 hits at 420 intakes mostly covered, one 2 hits at 420 uncovered...... any guess?

Kaptan

I never like to leave it plugged in longer than it needs to charge. I worked in the spring on mine to soften it for like 15-20 minutes and have a easier time swiping cells now.

avb comparison??? but which is which????

DWw9SIW.jpg

one is my usual temp stepping load, one 2 hits at 420 intakes mostly covered, one 2 hits at 420 uncovered...... any guess?
Starting from the left, 2 hits @420 mostly covered, 2 hits @420 uncovered, and temp stepping load. Am I right?

Kaptan,

Bad Dog

Starting from the left, 2 hits @420 mostly covered, 2 hits @420 uncovered, and temp stepping load. Am I right?
from left to right first is temp stepping , then 2 hits covered, then 2 hits un covered!?! darkest is temp stepping and lightest is covered?!? yes

Bad Dog,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Has anyone done a full tear down on this thing yet? I’ve been breaking mine in the past couple days and there is definitely some plastic taste/smell that is still perpetuating the device even after I initially did a full-battery worth of burn offs and rigorous cleaning of every other part. I question the materials around the heater.

cliffhanger1

Has anyone done a full tear down on this thing yet? I’ve been breaking mine in the past couple days and there is definitely some plastic taste/smell that is still perpetuating the device even after I initially did a full-battery worth of burn offs and rigorous cleaning of every other part. I question the materials around the heater.
how did you break your unit ?

Bad Dog

you could try baking the silicone from the mouthpiece in the oven to try and hurry the bad taste along. mine also didn't taste good but I did a poor job cleaning it. after a day of heavy vaping the taste went away, now its fine.

jedge

Hi for me It take 3 days and two cleaning of the mouthpiece and bad taste is now gone away.

Top Bottom