Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I see you have a lot of vapes. What's your top 3 portable wise?
I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at.... the Xmax V3 Pro is definitely in the running. That's a tough question because my top 3 portables differ based on things like .... which fit the current need (Speed to temp, microdose/cloud chasing), which ones are charged, which ones are clean, which fit the cure of the weed on hand best, etc.

I'll DM you....

BL4ZE

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at.... the Xmax V3 Pro is definitely in the running. That's a tough question because my top 3 portables differ based on things like .... which fit the current need (Speed to temp, microdose/cloud chasing), which ones are charged, which ones are clean, which fit the cure of the weed on hand best, etc.

I'll DM you....

Thanks for shooting me a DM.

First thoughts on the Xmax V3 after using it last night

Overall, I like it. It's super easy to use and lightweight which makes it a good fit for throwing into the bong. Right now, I like on-demand mode since I typically take a hit or two at a time and then set it down. I'm using the pod and once the hits start to die down, I'll pop it open and give it a stir which gets me another hit or two. I never really vape a bowl all the way since I'd prefer just packing a new one and having those fresher and more tasty hits. I am curious how it'll work in a group setting with 2-3 friends. I'm probably going to pick up some more bowls and just pre-load everything. That way if I'm vaping with a friend or two then I can just go just drop a pod out and a new one in and keep rolling.

Nit Picking -
I already mentioned this earlier in the thread....
My biggest concern is the oven screen getting gunked up over time or having material make its way through and overtime really cutting down on the airflow. Obviously, this is only a POTENTIAL issue and I'll have to see if it plays out that way or not.

felvapes

Overall, I like it. It's super easy to use and lightweight which makes it a good fit for throwing into the bong. Right now, I like on-demand mode since I typically take a hit or two at a time and then set it down. I'm using the pod and once the hits start to die down, I'll pop it open and give it a stir which gets me another hit or two. I never really vape a bowl all the way since I'd prefer just packing a new one and having those fresher and more tasty hits. I am curious how it'll work in a group setting with 2-3 friends. I'm probably going to pick up some more bowls and just pre-load everything. That way if I'm vaping with a friend or two then I can just go just drop a pod out and a new one in and keep rolling.

Nit Picking -
My biggest concern is the oven screen getting gunked up over time or having material make its way through and overtime really cutting down on the airflow. Obviously, this is only a POTENTIAL issue and I'll have to see if it plays out that way or not.
If you use dosing caps remove the screen from the MP
Better airflow and better vapour production
Don't need the screen with the cap lid
Easier maintenance too

felvapes

I already removed it since someone suggested that yesterday.
Yea I just re read your comment
I was replying to the last bit but I mistook which screen you were talking about

If you are using caps the bottom screen will be fine
In my F2, edge, mighty, v3pro and other vapes with caps (and most of those have the same oven) there is no issue with dirty ovens

Without caps it is possible - as with most vapes, but should be okay if you keep it clean, I blow back through my vapes from the intake holes when cleaning them too
As long as you wipe the oven out regularly enough and keep it clean you should be fine - but yes it is possible to get bits, especially if a fine grind down the holes
Usually it doesn't hinder performance too much, some can be cleaned

If you are using caps though as stated it will stay clean without issues

BL4ZE

Yea I just re read your comment
I was replying to the last bit but I mistook which screen you were talking about

If you are using caps the bottom screen will be fine
In my F2, edge, mighty, v3pro and other vapes with caps (and most of those have the same oven) there is no issue with dirty ovens

Without caps it is possible - as with most vapes, but should be okay if you keep it clean, I blow back through my vapes from the intake holes when cleaning them too
As long as you wipe the oven out regularly enough and keep it clean you should be fine - but yes it is possible to get bits, especially if a fine grind down the holes
Usually it doesn't hinder performance too much, some can be cleaned

If you are using caps though as stated it will stay clean without issues

Yeah I agree. It should be fine if I'm using the caps. I'll stay on top of cleaning it out and be sure to blow through the air ports.

Zipford

So since buying a TM about a year ago my VMAX V3 has been mostly a back-up, but I broke it out a few nights about and man, did it do the job!

Relevant to recent posts, I exclusively use Edge dosing capsules in my V3, which keep everything nice and clean. Plus capsules allow me to make a kief sandwich, which no doubt helps with the great effects I got, and capsules are great for out and about when you want to quickly/discretely reload.

This device still delivers, and with the glass MP it isn't too shabby in the flavor department.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My biggest concern is the oven screen getting gunked up over time
I inserted fine mesh screens in mine as soon as I got them...I do not like blowing into the intake to help clear the oven, too much moisture in my breath and my unit gets too hot to put my lips on after a few bong rips at max temp.
I still prefer the larger oven without caps for bong use. I cut off the end of the wpa metal filter barrel so vapor shoots straight thru without restriction and installed an o-ring on the back of the barrel filter holder to stop it from falling out before re-installing the glass(no more blisters:uhoh:).

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Is that US dollars?

Here in Canada, this unit sells for about $100. Whether ordered online or picked up locally, the price is the same.

I have been very lukewarm when it comes to the V3 Pro. When it came to convection, my preference was the Fog Pro, or the Tera with a bong. When chasing the dragon, conduction seems to hit me harder. For a time, I was chasing hot, then hotter, and then the phase passed.

Buzzed, but unsatisfied with the effects, I started playing round with the V3 Pro using lower temperatures. Taking a break from chasing after the dragon, vaping for enjoyment and ritual, I started using the V3 slowly and just relaxed.

Starting out, picking the best buds, grinding with care, carefully loading the vape, and changing the intent was where the journey began. Vaping at low temperatures and taking time to enjoy the flavours isn't a regular thing. I was so busy trying to get high, I forgot to enjoy. As I started to relax, the effects of the lower temps started to kick in. After discovering this, I started spending more time vaping lower at lower temperatures, and focusing on just enjoying vaping, rather than deliberately trying to get high.

To my surprise, the lower temps have some powerful effects. The effects from convection feel different than conduction.

Enjoying the unit again, I ordered some parts to freshen the unit and added the glass bong adapter. The bong adapter turns this unit into a powerhouse. After getting the bong adapter, I started increasing the temp and WOW! When attached to a bong, this thing is a powerhouse when it comes to cooking weed. Previously, I would use the Tera with a bong. Of the two, my preference is the V3 Pro.

I should have listened to the advice in this discussion and ordered the bong adapter a year ago.

Robert-in-YEG
I'm so glad you invested in a wpa, yes it's a game changer when it comes to convection!
Unless there is a huge price delta, I'd be inclined to stick with the Xmax unit purchased through a local retailer.

Robert-in-YEG
Thank you for your confidence, although I think it's legit, although I don't think the 50%off discount code will last for ever!
I could swear that Xmax confirmed this as a rebrand. If not here, maybe on Reddit?
I asked to the team although I think it's legit after looking at the website...
I would’ve thought everyone already had a V3Pro by now, need a V4Pro with the Roffu heater, where’s that rep guy. :lol:
:wave:, I'm here but yes, I wasn't very present lately, this is will change when trim will be finished, sorry for the inconvenience
I got my emerald v3 pro today. Thing hits smooth and will get you baked. Only thing is the bowl is too tiny. Also my Rogue charges faster and you only need one bowl. Anyway I love it.
Hi, thank you for the kinds words, enjoy your V3Pro!

Nit Picking -
Hi, I'm glad you like your V3Pro, yes the dosing caps are very nice for quick reloads. The mouthpiece screen will need regular maintenance, although a quick wipe after each bowl when still hot will be enough and a deep cleaning once a month or so ALTHOUGH the OVEN screen will stays clean cause the hot air stream pass through it before to hit the flowers, so every bit of resin falling onto the screen will be immediatly vaporized, just be carefull not overloading the concentrate cup or concentrates directly in the bowl using the "sandwich tek" but using flowers only the screen will stay pretty clean for long!
I inserted fine mesh screens in mine as soon as I got them...I do not like blowing into the intake to help clear the oven, too much moisture in my breath and my unit gets too hot to put my lips on after a few bong rips at max temp.
I still prefer the larger oven without caps for bong use. I cut off the end of the wpa metal filter barrel so vapor shoots straight thru without restriction and installed an o-ring on the back of the barrel filter holder to stop it from falling out before re-installing the glass(no more blisters:uhoh:).
Thank you for sharing your tips... my Dear colleague, I'm really enjoying the Xvape Roffu, your team did a good work, have fun!

BL4ZE

I wanted to point out that I grabbed the 10-18mm stepped waterpipe adapter when I ordered the Xmax. When I bought it, I don't think I even paid attention to it stepping down to 10mm. I don't use a 10mm accessory, so it's a loss in airflow by having it. Went ahead and bought the 14mm wpa today. I feel this will allow me to more easily pull through my glass piece's and get a little more airflow. Just wanted to point this out so no one else buy's the stepped adapter like myself unless they need the 10 or 18mm option.

Vape_Or_Die420

I wanted to point out that I grabbed the 10-18mm stepped waterpipe adapter when I ordered the Xmax. When I bought it, I don't think I even paid attention to it stepping down to 10mm. I don't use a 10mm accessory, so it's a loss in airflow by having it. Went ahead and bought the 14mm wpa today. I feel this will allow me to more easily pull through my glass piece's and get a little more airflow. Just wanted to point this out so no one else buy's the stepped adapter like myself unless they need the 10 or 18mm option.
If it is the rubber wpa you can cut the 10mm part off and it will allow for more airflow.

BL4ZE

If it is the rubber wpa you can cut the 10mm part off and it will allow for more airflow.

It's the glass one so that's a no go haha.

Should the oven be loose? I went to do an initial clean and it spins around easily when I rub it with a swab.

I just checked mine with a qtip and mine isn't loose at all.

Robert-in-YEG

AFAIK (just checked, at least as well as my mildly stoned, uncaffeniated self could) mine is slightlyish loose/doesn't really move.

Edit: corrected grammer, made more clearer
Kind of stoned too, and I understood:)

Mine will spin/turn; has since new. However, it is not loose. It takes some effort to move. This seems to be normal.

Robert-in-YEG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It's the glass one so that's a no go haha.
I got the following for fixing a few glass issues and make a baller head holder from a cup!
100mm-Glass-Cutting-Disc-Diamond-Marble-Saw-Blade-Ceramic-Tile-Jade-Special-Polishing-Cutting-Blade-Sharp.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

kokolokokolokon

I have only had mine less than a week. It's green so it might be new stock. My oven doesn't move at all. I even use the CFX cleaning tool and it didn't move. I hope you get it fixed.
I have a green too. It doesnt move…but, since i tried to use the dab cup, it did get a little stock inside the chamber and after take it out…it does a loose sound, but i dont see the bottom moves

Hey Nineteen

Make your own
I started with a hair straightener and quickly moved onto the slug 2.0 before realising I should have just got my 10t dabpress first
But you can make small test batches of rosin at home to see if you like it
Thanks I will try that.

Anyone else ever combust using this. I just did at 400F in my 16" straight bong. Only other convection vape I have is the Plenty. I still love it. I just have to figure out how to use it. I love the XMAX .

Top Bottom