• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Qomo Micro E-rig

biohacker

Replacement atties will be available soon.

They have been available in Canada since launch!

I'm kind of excited for my Qomo, but after seeing some more youtube videos and reading comments, i'm not as excited anymore. Not because of poor performance, because the feedback has been quite positive when the Qomo actually works. However, apparently there are some issues with the atomizer being read by the battery due to connection problems. It's not an isolated incident either. It's not the atty, as it will work on another battery, but rather a connection/seating problem where if you push and angle the atty, you can get it to work.

Youtube channel is yale st 420

I think there is a very good reason why this device is so cheap. It probably costs less than $10 to make and it's XMAX. Comparing my XMAX pen device to Yocan, there is no comparison. The Yocan Evolve donut coils fire properly, but the Xmax v-one+ the fire horribly.

Still will likely open mine and take one for the team, just like I recently did with the Terp Torch vape! lol

Stand by!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
No insert, swap the rough porous white ceramic with SiC so it burns clean easily although a clean mode might kill it!
If the ceramic is a pain to keep pristine the replacement attys should cost $3 to $5 to buy and just replace them regularly.
Looks like a fun addition to anyone's collection when found on the cheap!

biohacker

My shop only sells replacement glass for the qomo, no atties for now.

Also seeing reports in inconsistencies with the glass. The one dude says he's getting the best rips holding it horizontally! lol QC issues... early adopters..

Sadly, no QOMO for me today courtesy of the inaccurate tracking provided by Canada Post! Looks like tomorrow. But that's not good enough for me, so i'm going out to buy a Puffco Peak now! lol

Last edited:

jerri

Also seeing reports in inconsistencies with the glass. The one dude says he's getting the best rips holding it horizontally! lol QC issues... early adopters..

Sadly, no QOMO for me today courtesy of the inaccurate tracking provided by Canada Post! Looks like tomorrow. But that's not good enough for me, so i'm going out to buy a Puffco Peak now! lol
That sounds good you can always use the qomo for out and about it works for me

purpletweed

A friend from 'round these parts asked me how I felt about it, so I finally got to penning some thoughts down. I'd say that, after spending some time with it, I dig it. It's one of those purchases where I feel like I've gotten exactly what I paid for in value. I think it's really cute and I like using it and holding it, but the coil burns a little hotter than I prefer and I wish the percolation were a little more intense (I really enjoy the feeling of percolation, so that there's any percolation automatically makes me a fan of this thing).
It's entirely likely that I'm an anomaly as far as heat goes, by the way -- I've seen folks using it at a higher setting than I am, even at the highest setting, and I don't think they find it hot, nor does it burn my hits. To get around this, I typically use it to take a hit at a time, rather than letting it run the full course of a 'session', and it's pretty much perfect. Also -- the coil cleans up very nicely; I can wipe it out with a q-tip while it's warm and get it clean (though the coil will discolor).
As a tip, I'd say it's benefited by a slower draw. At first I disliked it, but slowing my draw down made a huge difference: with a slower draw, you can put more water in the mouthpiece, and things feel cooler.

Edit: Oh, and before I forget, I tossed some beads underneath the bubbler for further cooling ;)

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Well mine has landed.

The package smelled awfully of plastic (probably the foam). I hope the unit will lose this smell, now in the air.

It is very small, cute, fun and pretty hot.:evil:

I think i'll only use it on the lowest setting. :lol:

Tried it with some "vaporizer gold" and the black residue will be difficult to clean off the chamber. Just trying some dc cleaner now.
I probably will be in the lane for new atomisers pretty soon.
The water filtration is not optimal, but still good for the size.
Now that is where probably the horizontal technique and stuff come into play.
The taste is not exactly like on quartz, but pretty good.
It is my first time with this material chamber, so time and my lungs will tell.

Far better first experience than the 130$ pen I bought a year ago.

edit: Ah yeah. Slow draws is the thing.

biohacker

The package smelled awfully of plastic (probably the foam). I hope the unit will lose this smell, now in the air.

Most of my glass pieces from DhG come with bubble wrap that stinks sooooo bad!!! Not sure what's up with Chinese plastics!

It is very small, cute, fun and pretty hot.:evil:

:rofl:

I think i'll only use it on the lowest setting. :lol:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched Troy demo it!

Tried it with some "vaporizer gold" and the black residue will be difficult to clean off the chamber. Just trying some dc cleaner now.

Black residue?? Did this residue come complimentary care of XMAX, or is this due to the aftermath of your sesh? :brow:

Sounds like it just might be the discoloration of the ceramic?

I probably will be in the lane for new atomisers pretty soon.

Why!? lol

The water filtration is not optimal, but still good for the size.
Now that is where probably the horizontal technique and stuff come into play.

I figure it has to be better than just a short dry path!

The taste is not exactly like on quartz, but pretty good.
It is my first time with this material chamber, so time and my lungs will tell.

Ceramic? Interesting, as I prefer the taste of ceramic over quartz!

Far better first experience than the 130$ pen I bought a year ago.

:rockon:

Will be back with my thoughts in around 6-8 hours lol

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Black residue?? Did this residue come complimentary care of XMAX, or is this due to the aftermath of your sesh? :brow:

Sounds like it just might be the discoloration of the ceramic?

Why!? lol

I figure it has to be better than just a short dry path!

Ceramic? Interesting, as I prefer the taste of ceramic over quartz!
I probably pretty much killed the taste of this thing in the first hits, by using bad quality extract.
As that pen I tried once, just sucked up plenty of my rosin without delivering any clouds, I thought I'd rather get to know that device with some vaporizer reclaim first...

It gives quite a dark residue on the enail, which I can easily q-tip off (as long as it does not roast of course).

So I think Qomo either gets too hot for this kind of extract or the ceramic is porous and sucks it up a bit. I could not really wipe anything off with a q-tip after the session. just a light shadow on the q-tip and the bowl stays black. I can't even tell if there is discolouration of the ceramic through this layer of gunk :lol:
It tasted very good in the sense of that I could get very decent tasting hits off this extract, but
I should have tried with good clean rosin from the start on....
Now everything is tainted a bit by that waxy taste of that residue that I could not get off yet.
That will be my reason to buy a new atomiser.

biohacker

@Thick Vape try soaking the atty in dark crystal for a couple of hours (warm better) and then iso, then full dry. Other than some qtip scrubs in there, I think nothing can be done except a replacement. Hope you have access to them! Was supposed to get mine today but the mail and tracking technology seem to have gone back in time. Incredible how 2 day guaranteed express shipping turns into a week without anything lol

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I prefer the taste of ceramic over quartz!
First time I have heard that, you would like the soldering iron based heaters that are making a comeback!
I have a ceramic cup on a Subdab Pro that went black using rosin, the same crappy rough surface is to blame by the sound of it as you can never get it completely clean
Hopefully, the attys aren't a rort like the Subdab Pro(nearly the same price for the atty as the complete unit).:2c:

biohacker

First time I have heard that, you would like the soldering iron based heaters that are making a comeback!
I have a ceramic cup on a Subdab Pro that went black using rosin, the same crappy rough surface is to blame by the sound of it as you can never get it completely clean

I think you misconstrued. And ceramic is closer to gemstone than quartz... but @invertedisdead is the one that can school you on this one. @MileHighHuman agrees as well.

You are right about the staining, but it can be fully cleaned with heat. My Peak ceramic bowl looked like a big shit was taken in the middle of it but I got it to 100% brand new white condition. Furthermore, it doesn't surprise me that using something as dirty as rosin is going to cause issues. I don't have any waxes or plant contaminant in the extracts that I use.

The honeymoon period with my Peak didn't last (although it sure has with my Puffco+!), and after reading some more reports from new users, I don't even know if I want to open my Qomo now either!! :rofl:

What do you think @BabyFacedFinster ?? :brow::lol:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Alumina ceramic is the same chemical composition as sapphire (Al2o3)

The DTV3 was still one of the best tasting devices I've ever used, utilizing that ceramic tech. I think @LesPlenty is saying if the ceramic was polished smootheit would clean up easier which I think I would agree with. Kind of like SiC when its rough vs mirror polished, Or opaque quartz versus regular quartz.

jerri

Yeah the inside of my atomiser is dark grey all I have is 91 percent alcohol and it wont help grey center but the rest of the cup is off white for me it seems to taste fine but Im not a flavor guy smoked for years not now this Qomo seems to get me medicated fast but I am comparing it with dr dabber boost black edition with ceramic nail I am getting a puffco plus vision pen we will see how that stacks up against the Qomo

biohacker

Yeah the inside of my atomiser is dark grey all I have is 91 percent alcohol and it wont help grey center but the rest of the cup is off white for me it seems to taste fine but Im not a flavor guy smoked for years not now this Qomo seems to get me medicated fast but I am comparing it with dr dabber boost black edition with ceramic nail I am getting a puffco plus vision pen we will see how that stacks up against the Qomo

That's ceramic. You can take a Ti dabber and make those grey/black marks with it. You'll see once you get the Puffco+ they will be all over the built in ceramic dab tool, and it makes contact with the metal ring/lip and gets discoloured. It doesn't need to be "cleaned off" as nothing will really rub off, but they can be cleaned, it's hard to explain and I don't even understand it yet myself lol.

You'll will have the same issue with your Puffco+ bowl.... they get stained and turn a dark grey, but caused by over heating and not enough oil I think.

I would be VERY surprised if the Qomo hit as good as the Puffco+! Would be stoked actually because i'm picking up a SECOND puffco+ today I like it so much.

jerri

That's ceramic. You can take a Ti dabber and make those grey/black marks with it. You'll see once you get the Puffco+ they will be all over the built in ceramic dab tool, and it makes contact with the metal ring/lip and gets discoloured. It doesn't need to be "cleaned off" as nothing will really rub off, but they can be cleaned, it's hard to explain and I don't even understand it yet myself lol.

You'll will have the same issue with your Puffco+ bowl.... they get stained and turn a dark grey, but caused by over heating and not enough oil I think.

I would be VERY surprised if the Qomo hit as good as the Puffco+! Would be stoked actually because i'm picking up a SECOND puffco+ today I like it so much.
I will let you know mine the limited vision is on its way but dont take me wrong I am happy with the qomo just for out and about I think the pen would be easier overall

biohacker

I will let you know mine the limited vision is on its way but dont take me wrong I am happy with the qomo just for out and about I think the pen would be easier overall

Whatever you do remember these two golden rules - Keep it UPRIGHT when you hit it, and when the oil is warm. Always upright, even when you're hitting it and you think it's upright, it probably isn't lol. Second, don't OVERLOAD it, never ever above the holes, and less is more. I hope you picked up a spare atty (just in case). And why did you get the vision? lol

jerri

Whatever you do remember these two golden rules - Keep it UPRIGHT when you hit it, and when the oil is warm. Always upright, even when you're hitting it and you think it's upright, it probably isn't lol. Second, don't OVERLOAD it, never ever above the holes, and less is more. I hope you picked up a spare atty (just in case). And why did you get the vision? lol
It looked cool but probably real cool when your baked and look at it

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The honeymoon period with my Peak didn't last (although it sure has with my Puffco+!), and after reading some more reports from new users, I don't even know if I want to open my Qomo now either!! :rofl:

What do you think @BabyFacedFinster ?? :brow::lol:

Well @biohacker, I contacted Alex @ PIU and got a return label to send it back. I didn't even take the Qomo out of the box, so I totally get where you're coming from. It just doesn't seem that promising, especially for someone who vapes a lot of flower rosin.

Troy was all into it for two days and then he moved on to other things.

I'm not looking for a DD here either. It's just to fill a niche. Like last night before bed. I wanted a quick sess to put me down for the night. I didn't want to load up my vapcap and the PSM and have a whole session. I just wanted 1-2 quick toots on some rosin and hit the hay. So, as usual, I went to my little terp pen. Reall quick and effective. But the TP can be a little harsh on my throat and that atty starts glowing red hot so you know you're going overboard on the temps. I just want a little do-dad that can do what the terp pen does but has some temp regulation and maybe some cooling in the airpath. Oh, and not too expensive. Oh, and easy to clean. Oh, and... you see my problem.

I might pick up a headbanger for 40 bucks and give the fritted quartz atty a go.

Last edited:

biohacker

It looked cool but probably real cool when your baked and look at it

I guess if you like rainbows and unicorns! I'm just surprised that you would spend that much extra for it as well as how unstealthy it looks, but perhaps that's not relevant in your usage scenarios. The atties are also harder to source unless you don't mind a "mutt puffco+" lol Then again, I agree that it would be a trip to look at and one benefit I would see myself having two, is that I would very easily be able to tell them apart lol. I plan to have one for on the go in my backpack, and one at home on the coffee vaping table lol. I like to rotate batteries/atties frequently.

Troy was all into it for two days and then he moved on to other things.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Just as anti-climatic as the Terp Torch!!! Hmmmm, moved on to other things like the SSSSVG43.3 mashup!! :cool:

I just want a little do-dad that can do what the terp pen does but has some temp regulation and maybe some cooling in the airpath. Oh, and not too expensive. Oh, and easy to clean. Oh, and... you see my problem.

I do, and I also see your solution in the puffco+! Hint hint wink wink! I've had the terp pen, and the CF710, and countless others.... no more exposed coils. The ceramic in my + tastes as good as my ruby dabs. There, I said it! But with that said, i've never used rosin in mine, but I want to try! lol

I might pick up a headbanger for 40 bucks and give the fritted quartz atty a go.

What is this headbanger :rockon:and fritted quartz atty you speak of? :D

jerri

The limited was 79 dollars shipped I used 420 discount code figured for that price I cant go wrong

jerri,

BabyFacedFinster

If time proves to be kind to the Qomo and they come out with a Ti or quartz bucket I may revisit it. The size seemed right. Dab rigs with much larger buckets are way too big for me. I need to vape very small bits of concentrate otherwise I get :goat: I have a big ol' enail setup with a 25mm banger but it collects dust because it is way overkill for me. Even the DT V4 is too much for me.

The + seems very interesting. It's the right size and a great review from Jerry! 25 bucks for a replacement atty?

What is this headbanger :rockon:and fritted quartz atty you speak of? :D
Always fun exploring!

biohacker

If time proves to be kind to the Qomo and they come out with a Ti or quartz bucket I may revisit it

Ti? I can see how some people prefer quartz, but Ti over ceramic? Really?

Dab rigs with much larger buckets are way too big for me. I need to vape very small bits of concentrate otherwise I get :goat:

Haha, but it's not like you can't micro dab off of a bigger bowl? Or I guess it would be too many actives to quick to the dome! Lol

It's the right size and a great review from Jerry!

WTF is Jerry? lol

25 bucks for a replacement atty?

Not if you buy the 5 pack for $100! Free shipping lol I'm still on my original atty and have been torturing it but just started to rotate with my backup.

Always fun exploring!

100! Toys! lol But the vape output on that thing looked extremely anemic don't you think? Or maybe you like that because of your tolerance?

BabyFacedFinster

Ti? I can see how some people prefer quartz, but Ti over ceramic? Really?

How about Sic? But then some people say the dust residue might kill ya

WTF is Jerry? lol

Jerry's the man. Mr. Sticks

Haha, but it's not like you can't micro dab off of a bigger bowl?
But the vape output on that thing looked extremely anemic don't you think? Or maybe you like that because of your tolerance?

@biohacker, I can't do big hits. It will kill me. The other day I was hitting some purple punch badder. I forgot I was vaping conc and not flower and took too many hits. Panic set in and my wife had to talk me down. Those lung blaster type dabs would beat the shit out of me.

I vape every day and still have the tolerance of a cub scout. Don't know why it's so, but it saves me money. :shrug:

Top Bottom