X-Max Qomo Micro E-rig

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just googled XMAX QOMO Canada and it was the first link that popped up. I used a 5% discount code "firstorder" but I think shipping to US is $25cdn flat rate so likely not worth it for anyone unless in Canada.

I saw this and it kinda bummed me out because i've had the terp pen, CF710, etc and was let down... weird that someone would prefer an exposed coil atty over ceramic cup, but i'll see for myself soon!

"As every time I've dealt with PuffItUp! the service was awesome. But the x-max QOMO has been pretty disappointing. I bought the QOMO along with a 3rd terp pen and I would have rather just bought 3-4 terp pens for the price."

How's the flavour?

Well @biohacker, it might be you and me both. I just went and bought one from PIU a few minutes ago, then read the statement above that bummed you out and it bummed me out. But who knows, it's all in the name of science :ko:

I also have a OG terp pen and was about to order some replacement tips (2 for 10 bucks, instead of one per 10 bucks). But went with the Qomo instead in a bout of VAS weakness. I like my little terp pen for quicky hits and convienence, in fact I'm taking it to the park today for some great hits. But I also know that it doesn't deliver flavorwise (except for the first few hits on a new tip). Hoping this little guy fills a niche. I haven't had any interest in the XL terp pen.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: biohacker

jerri

Is water splashback an issue at all if you fill it to the suggested line?
No I even put it a little above the line you will be able to see what works for you when you start inhaling you dont need much and when you inhale inhale slowly works best for me anyway

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks @biohacker. Hope you have fun with it.

I did a search last night at PIU and any other sites I could find. The canada site did not come up for me on a search until @biohacker provided the link.
:doh: Oh my bad, I gave that website adress to a canadian guy in Reddit and totally forgotten to recommand it here, they was the first shop to get the Qomo in stock I believe.

Petetbay

I think you guys talking about inserts are not gonna find any success it's overkill. This thing is tiny with a max temp of 662degrees F, green on the MV, it would have hard time heating a insert you have to preheat the insert. Another coil would better, looking at SZ Crossing Saionara (Sai) Top-Air-Flow (TAF) Coil Quartz Bucket / Crucible for Sai TAF - Recommended Power: 25w / 430F-450F TC Ni (Nickel) anybody have experience with these with replacable dishes.

s29736_large.jpg

purpletweed

I think you guys talking about inserts are not gonna find any success it's overkill. This thing is tiny with a max temp of 662degrees F, green on the MV, it would have hard time heating a insert you have to preheat the insert. Another coil would better, looking at SZ Crossing Saionara (Sai) Top-Air-Flow (TAF) Coil Quartz Bucket / Crucible for Sai TAF - Recommended Power: 25w / 430F-450F TC Ni (Nickel) anybody have experience with these with replacable dishes.

View attachment 2259

On Troy's YouTube video someone asked the same question and another commenter replied to them:
Samantha Pruitt said:
hi i got the qomo, the sai attys fit and work with it, it just takes several cycles to get it to the proper temp. So it makes the battery die quickly so it's not really worth it to me unless you carry a charger. Also you have to really push down to install it and it slightly damaged the grommet on the sai atty. after reading some comments here i'm gonna try out the vista mini 2 quartz coil to see if it works, it looks like it might work which would be awesome

Petetbay

On Troy's YouTube video someone asked the same question and another commenter replied to them:
Thnx for the heads up. Like I said not enough power for inserts. PPN already said the VM2 doesn't fit can't put the glass collar on with it. With $10CAN coils buy a couple and replace them this thing wouldn't last too long with heavy use and very small battery. It ain't no Peak, more like ecig device you replace in year or 2.

YungLeaner

I think I will grab one when there is a quartz type bucket clean atomizer available! :D
Wanted to second this - will buy the instant I can get a quartz atty, and will probably buy anyways once I can get a pack of extra ceramic atty if that comes sooner.

I need a convenient low profile option for dabs. If I lurk this thread any longer I'm gonna buy this as is ... Erghhhh VAS

BabyFacedFinster

@PPN, thank you for answering questions here.

I was wondering about the metal parts that are in the chamber and become part of the airpath. The description says that the dab tool on the carb cap is stainless steel which is great.

It also mentions that the inside of the atty is completely ceramic. However, the entire atty gets hot inside the glass enclosed heating chamber. Is the outside metal casing of the atty also stainless steel?

BabyFacedFinster,

Petetbay

@PPN, thank you for answering questions here.

I was wondering about the metal parts that are in the chamber and become part of the airpath. The description says that the dab tool on the carb cap is stainless steel which is great.

It also mentions that the inside of the atty is completely ceramic. However, the entire atty gets hot inside the glass enclosed heating chamber. Is the outside metal casing of the atty also stainless steel?
Yet to see a atomizer that isn't SS, there is ti stuff but always more expensive. Xmax/Xvape makes alot of SS ceramic coils they seem to have a thing for ceramic heaters and buckets not sure why.

biohacker

Yet to see a atomizer that isn't SS, there is ti stuff but always more expensive. Xmax/Xvape makes alot of SS ceramic coils they seem to have a thing for ceramic heaters and buckets not sure why.

I just picked up 4 ceramic wax pens today and think i'm grabbing the xmax v-one plus tomorrow lol If the ceramic atty on the Qomo tastes as good as the Puffco Plus, Dr Dabber Stella, Stone Smiths' Slash, or Yocan Evolve Plus w/ ceramic donut coil i'm going to be very happy!

biohacker

So I did end up grabbing the xmas v-one plus today! It's ok, actually a really decent wax pen! But i'm hoping the Qomo exceeds it. @PPN should I expect the Qomo to hit harder than the v-one plus? Higher voltage/temps on the Qomo? Why would the v-one plus has a 1500mah battery but the Qomo capacity is less? 1350?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So I did end up grabbing the xmas v-one plus today! It's ok, actually a really decent wax pen! But i'm hoping the Qomo exceeds it. @PPN should I expect the Qomo to hit harder than the v-one plus? Higher voltage/temps on the Qomo? Why would the v-one plus has a 1500mah battery but the Qomo capacity is less? 1350?
Oh yes, the Qomo is a totally different beast, flavour wise this is an orange to apple comparison, in term of clouds it's difficult to match the quartz coils with a bucket although you will be not disappointed. I use mine on white&green settings which are the lowest and I'm pretty satisfied by clouds production and taste at this temp. My unit is a beta unit, I suggested some mods but idk if they applied them, it may be possible they changed the T°... I'll ask and report later.

Thank you for the kinds words for the V-One, there is a thread about it in the "e-cig based vaporizers" undersection, can I ask you to post a short feedback/opinion about it? there isn't so much users reports... no bold claims, just your honnest opinion... since you tested a lot of others vape pens and you are a pretty famous member here, your opinion is valuable for others members, TIA

nb: You will be amazed to see most others atties (from competitors) fit our V-One base... and if you got the tiny watertool which came with the 2.0, please, give it a try, I use mine dry, vapor is smooth and it's more convenient to load!

biohacker

@PPN appreciate your response. I have the ceramic coil with the v-one+ and its tasty, i'll have to try if my yocan evolve+ ceramic coil fits on it, so then at least I have a lid on my coil, as the splatter kinda gets out of hand with the v-one+.

Now i'm really excited for the Qomo! These wax pens aren't for me for a couple of reasons, first I don't do well without water filtration due to sensitivities, and they don't hit as hard as I need for my personal needs. I see the QOMO being a harder hitter now, and with the water filtration I think i'll be good to go!

So there is no splatter/waste/inefficiency with the QOMO bucket?

jerri

For me it gets me medicated fast without too much work better than all my pens the source vape quad coil is very powerfull but can get harsh over all th Qomo so far it isnt as efficient the evo because I can take one long draw and get whole dab in one inhale however the evo cost me roughly 500 hundred dollars so for me basically I like them all but there are different advantages for each Have a GREAT day also I was about to buy the dr dabber Stella but for now Qomo was best choice and we all know I will eventually buy the Stella also its the vas syndrome

biohacker

I think I can still send it back unopened and invest in a duo or something, if your verdict is bad, lol.

Haha, well I have pretty high unrealistic standards because I hate everything lol

But i'm not sure investing in a Duo is going to be much better. Did you see the Senior Stoner demos of it recently? The thing didn't even output any vape! Lol

BabyFacedFinster

Haha, well I have pretty high unrealistic standards because I hate everything lol

But i'm not sure investing in a Duo is going to be much better. Did you see the Senior Stoner demos of it recently? The thing didn't even output any vape! Lol

@biohacker, please let us know how it goes. I am in the same boat as @Thick Vape. It came already but I haven't even taken it out of the shipping package. I may send it back anyway, but I'm just curious on your initial thoughts.

I started having my doubts and was thinking of sending it back unopened for a Sai TAF with a Ti bucket. It's just the gut feeling I have now on maintaining the ceramic atty and the overall durability of the unit. I tend to use homemade unrefined flower rosin which I imagine has its fair share of plant waxes mixed in. Not being able to clean it easily may pose a problem for me. I can easily wipe out a Ti bucket.

purpletweed

I started having my doubts and was thinking of sending it back unopened for a Sai TAF with a Ti bucket. It's just the gut feeling I have now on maintaining the ceramic atty and the overall durability of the unit.

I received mine this morning. The bubbler I got seems a little wonky (waiting to hear back from PIU on it) but I'm pleased with the atomizer so far -- it cleans out very easily using a q-tip and some iso. The ceramic is fairly smooth. That said, a Sai TAF will likely be more versatile -- it can be attached to a water-piece more easily, and has, as you mentioned, Ti and quartz atomizers already. The Qomo is dang cute, though.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark

Yep. The youtube demos of the duo I saw all showed vapour just at the beginning of a draw or even none, like Senior Stoner. Not very inspiring, yet. And for roughly the same price as a Peak, it should rather be better to have a chance in the market, as the Peak has the advantage of all the add ons already available for it.

I hope the Qomo surprises me.

Top Bottom