• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

Well you could jerry-rig a lab power supply to where the battery usually sits but that could get sparky quick...just get a desktop for desktop use. :2c:
Yeah, that sounds a bit dangerous in my hands... I don't have the best track record when it comes to DIY electrical projects. I remember a middle school project a long time ago where I made a lamp for my parents but I didn't get the wiring quite right and it's a miracle that the house didn't burn down. 😆 I've had some other close shaves over the years, so I don't want to push my luck. ;)

I thought it's time to revive this thread. It seems that the Xmax V3 Pro and the Aria are getting all the attention and the Ace isn't getting much love these days. :cry:

I managed to find a place that sells the wpa and am really looking forward to getting it. During my search I also came across another way to attach portable vapes to a bong and wondered if this is possible with the Ace and what kind of attachment you'd need... Anyone here tried this?

Mighty-wpa.jpg

I tried that WPA on my Mighty, they only fit the Mighty and Crafty...I liked to use it on a jhook not a bong though.
That's a shame that it won't work on the Ace unless someone's found a way to do so. ;) I'd love to take the Ace to the next level. I'm still waiting for the WPA to arrive but would love to connect the Ace directly to a water piece. I guess it would probably hit stronger than the whip but I guess time will tell...

Here you go, should work fine as it is shown on a Crafty mouthpiece,
View attachment 11258
Wow, that looks really cool and would be a great solution! I wonder if the small or medium sized adapter would be the best and if there would be any draw resistance? AFAIK, the Ace and Starry have the same mouthpiece so I think I'll ask on that thread if anyone's tried it.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Wow, that looks really cool and would be a great solution! I wonder if the small or medium sized adapter would be the best and if there would be any draw resistance? AFAIK, the Ace and Starry have the same mouthpiece so I think I'll ask on that thread if anyone's tried it.
Yes the Delta3dstudios adapter looks fine and it might works very well with your Ace!

vapormachina

Any comments on the Ace?

I found one online at a decent price ($89 CAD), and I wonder if it is worth picking up?

Robert-in-YEG
it's pretty good, the price is rising a lot lately in some stores

And the vape works very well, I use it a lot with CBD and love it. I have to write a good review. I preffer this device better than de V3, I think the Ace has more power, but the flavour is better in the V3. And it is much better than the Aria; this one has a very bad mouthpiece and no interchangeable battery

Last edited:

Petetbay

Any comments on the Ace?
It gets very hot, run it with Starry silicone glove and dimpled stem on the swivel mp. Some people had problems with air leaks from mp I didn’t, but is big problem if it happens as air flow is tight. For herb there is very little taste and vapor doesn’t start til 390F, at 420 it will give good clouds 440 gets you vapor that will remind you of smoking a joint, good for people coming from smoking. The bowl is very tall and big, the extractor thing works good for pushing out the bowl to stir it and at the end to empty. I usually use spacers to reduce bowl size and add a little convection. I mainly use it for hash and kief or mixture with herb. because of the heat this thing makes, similar to Starry, Nano and Source Vape Pro. I just saw the Ace and Qomo going for $60CAD, I paid $109 when it 1st came out.

Last edited:

vapormachina

It gets very hot, run it with Starry silicone glove and dimpled stem on the swivel mp. Some people had problems with air leaks from mp I didn’t, but is big problem if it happens as air flow is tight. For herb there is very little taste and vapor doesn’t start til 390F, at 420 it will give good clouds 440 gets you vapor that will remind you of smoking a joint, good for people coming from smoking. The bowl is very tall and big, the extractor thing works good for pushing out the bowl to stir it and at the end to empty. I usually use spacers to reduce bowl size and add a little convection. I mainly use it for hash and kief or mixture with herb. because of the heat this thing makes, similar to Starry, Nano and Source Vape Pro. I just saw the Ace and Qomo going for $60CAD, I paid $109 when it 1st came out.

Maybe the air leaks problems in the mp were with those first testing units. I bought it some mounths ago and don't have any problem either 🤔

Totally agree with temps

vapormachina

Thank you for sharing about your Ace, yes the mouthpieces leaks issue was fixed right after the first batch. Enjoy your Ace, it's a powerfull unit!
Nice to hear that! The problem was in the mp or in the vape? the people who have an Ace from the first batch can solve it buying an updated mp??

Petetbay

Nice to hear that! The problem was in the mp or in the vape? the people who have an Ace from the first batch can solve it buying an updated mp??
I believe it was the mp not sealing where the ceramic filter is inserted into the top of the bowl. My OG mp didn’t have the problem so can’t comment on whether a new mp would fix it. I purchased an extra mp for $10CDN it doesn’t appear any different and works as it should. I gonna do some to drilling to modify the old one make a wpa out of it.

Robert-in-YEG

The XMax Ace isn't on my list, yet, but I'm watching.

There is an Ace here in Edmonton for $170; I won't spend that. If I see one for under $100CAD, I will think about it. If I see it around $50, I won't even think twice. I will make a guess however, that the Ace could use stronger magnets to hold the top in place; the Fog Pro and the V3 Pro both are great vapes, but the tops are a problem. Stonger magnets would resolve that issue.

The Ace has the same loading design as the Fog Pro and it is brilliant. If it is like a 'better' Starry, I will give it a try.

Topgreen makes some interesting products that arrive with attractive price points. The also make products that are aestetically pleasing, and that contributes to impulse buying. It is a good strategy.

Robert-in-YEG

"One thing I've learned this past year is that it's essential to take responsibility for your actions and your choices or you'll never be able to move forward in life. Keep blaming other people for things, feeling as if you're a constant victim and you'll just dig yourself into a hole."
- Amanda Grosvenor

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: PPN

Petetbay

Fog Pro got the mp I feel the Ace was suppose get, as they put a ceramic passageway into silicone to negate the the silicone taste from Ace’s vapor path people were complaining about. Also achieved in the V3Pro minimized silicone in the vapor path, they have learned a few things about what people want in their devices.

Robert-in-YEG

Fog Pro got the mp I feel the Ace was suppose get, as they put a ceramic passageway into silicone to negate the the silicone taste from Ace’s vapor path people were complaining about. Also achieved in the V3Pro minimized silicone in the vapor path, they have learned a few things about what people want in their devices.
Except stronger magnets :^)

Robert-in-YEG

"There's no better session than obsession."
~ Anonymous

Robert-in-YEG,

vapormachina

That sounds great, the flavour in the Ace is quite bad. I also like the inserted tool in the Fog; sincerelly I preffer this better than the 'jet system' in the Ace, because even with this system you always need a tool for clean and quit the rests of the ABV, so if I'll need a tool anyway why I want the ejection system?. It's usefull for deep cleaning but in normal use I don't need it

For me the perfect xmax vaporizer would be an Aria with interchangeable battery and maybe a bit better mouthpiece and paint. I like the flavour in the Aria and the direct vapor if you retire the screen and the tool on the bottom, the electronics, desing, everything.. but the internal battery is a shit and the mp get very very hot soon, even with the silicone top, also the paint gets damaged very soon (this doesn't happen in the Ace with similar materials) and also would be nice to have the temperatures from the Ace with boost mode :razz:

The magnets are stronger in the Ace than in the Starry, but I prefer the system in the Sapphire with the bezels all around

Last edited:

Petetbay

so if I'll need a tool anyway why I want the ejection system?. It's usefull for deep cleaning but in normal use I don't need it
I like the ejector, it works good to stir the bowl, during the session I might eject the bowl a bowl to the top shelf a couple times as this is a conduction vape it needs stirring so you don’t just heat what against the sides of the bowl and at the end it’s so easy to dump the bowl and give it a quick brush.
I’ve also did some experimentation using the ejector to decrease the size of the bowl, it worked ok, but I prefer using spacers to decrease bowl size and still have use of the ejector to stir and empty.
The ejector is kinda gimmicky, but I like it.

vapormachina

I have a more less equitable extraction, never stir, pack it tight but not too much. A quick stirring maybe would do a better job but I dont usually do this:|

Robert-in-YEG

There's now a resource page for this vape.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Except stronger magnets :^)
It has strong magnets...I actually own a couple. :2c:
the flavour in the Ace is quite bad
I find this too if I do not clean the silicon in the mouthpiece a lot more than I would like to. I also find anything above 180c can scorch my load and add to those bad flavours.
pack it tight
And never worry about stirring, fill to just below the top of the oven to allow the mouthpiece to seat in properly to avoid air leaks, I ram pack with a S$B brush handle and my pinky pushes the top of the load to the right spot ready for the lid,
1638933150957.jpg
Ace 'turds'(180c) amongst V3 Pro ABV(220c)
1638932773636.jpg
3x 10 min sesh on each brick, probably should stop at 2x sesh by the look of a couple of scorched nuggets there.

Edit to show how good the magnets on the Ace are,

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I believe the change is coming from the mp silicone holder but not sure. Try to ask here: support@topgreencig.com
Yes, we learned from user's feedback they dislike to get silicone in the vaporpath. And that's why I appreciate this company, for every device made they listened customers complains and improved units (I'm a beta tester for the Company since the XmaxV2Pro which was ahead its time... in 2015)
That sounds great, the flavour in the Ace is quite bad. I also like the inserted tool in the Fog; sincerelly I preffer this better than the 'jet system' in the Ace, because even with this system you always need a tool for clean and quit the rests of the ABV, so if I'll need a tool anyway why I want the ejection system?. It's usefull for deep cleaning but in normal use I don't need it

For me the perfect xmax vaporizer would be an Aria with interchangeable battery and maybe a bit better mouthpiece and paint. I like the flavour in the Aria and the direct vapor if you retire the screen and the tool on the bottom, the electronics, desing, everything.. but the internal battery is a shit and the mp get very very hot soon, even with the silicone top, also the paint gets damaged very soon (this doesn't happen in the Ace with similar materials) and also would be nice to have the temperatures from the Ace with boost mode :razz:

The magnets are stronger in the Ace than in the Starry, but I prefer the system in the Sapphire with the bezels all around
Thank you for the feedbacks, we will consider it!
I like the ejector, it works good to stir the bowl, during the session I might eject the bowl a bowl to the top shelf a couple times as this is a conduction vape it needs stirring so you don’t just heat what against the sides of the bowl and at the end it’s so easy to dump the bowl and give it a quick brush.
I’ve also did some experimentation using the ejector to decrease the size of the bowl, it worked ok, but I prefer using spacers to decrease bowl size and still have use of the ejector to stir and empty.
The ejector is kinda gimmicky, but I like it.
Me too, I like how easy it's to dump out a load, as well it makes packing easier when you don't have any tools only pressing your finger on the top of the bowl and sliding up the ejector to pack the load tight like conduction vaporizers like. Like you I'm using spacer cause it increases efficiency (usually bottom of the load comes outr lighter in colour than the rest, the spacer negates the issue) and cause a full bowl is too much for personnal use (for me!).
I have a more less equitable extraction, never stir, pack it tight but not too much. A quick stirring maybe would do a better job but I dont usually do this:|
Look at the reply above, a spacer helps for even abv, I agree bottom of the load comes out lighter in colour using a full bowl.
It has strong magnets...I actually own a couple. :2c:

I find this too if I do not clean the silicon in the mouthpiece a lot more than I would like to. I also find anything above 180c can scorch my load and add to those bad flavours.

And never worry about stirring, fill to just below the top of the oven to allow the mouthpiece to seat in properly to avoid air leaks, I ram pack with a S$B brush handle and my pinky pushes the top of the load to the right spot ready for the lid,
View attachment 15046
Ace 'turds'(180c) amongst V3 Pro ABV(220c)
View attachment 15045
3x 10 min sesh on each brick, probably should stop at 2x sesh by the look of a couple of scorched nuggets there.

Edit to show how good the magnets on the Ace are,
Thank you for the pictures, it's always nice! I found myself the Ace to be a cloud maker, I usually set mine at 190/195°C and get loads of vapors with herbs. Taste is similar to the average conduction units like our Starry in example.

Top Bottom