Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
minnesnowta - i believe the screens are the standard dime sized screens that you can get at any head shop.

Hope that helps

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
thats good to know. thanks SM. im still contemplating tryin a glass gauze. i need to do some investigating.

minnesnowta,

UrDoinItWrong

A RooR glass gauze seems like it would work fine. It wouldn't get in the way of stirring and would prevent pull-thru.....tada. It may even be easier to clean than the SS screen.

Hey Stonemonkey, I see mention on his site of "VWT Perk", do you know if this new WT will be out soon? For that matter do you think a perc is even necessary? I am currently using my RooR w/ perc and it hits awesome, but I wonder if the perc is perhaps doing more harm than good by removing excess THC. Ida know, seems maybe just a diffused downstem into water + ice would be enough, but maybe the perc smooths it out even more. Do you notice a discernible difference between your inline and your pro WT in terms of filtration? I'm just trying to speculate on what the ultimate water tool for this setup would be. Thanks, peace!

UrDoinItWrong,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i think that there are many answers to this question. Personally, I feel that the percs/diffusers does smooth out the vapor but I do not feel that it is necessary. I think any THC loss would be negligible as well. At the end of the day, I like cycling thru all my different pieces as they all hit differently from each other. I guess a good analogy would be a pizza, do you like sausage or pepperoni better? Some days you might prefer pepperoni, other days, maybe the sausage. If you have the extra $$ and want something really dope, I think the perc would be a good choice. If not, the RooR should do just fine. Not sure when the PerK is supposed to come out, I'm assuming soon since it is on the website.

stonemonkey55,

UrDoinItWrong

Word, I concur Dr. VapeMonkey. I was using the Pro WT and my RooR (I got a sweet USA RooR mini with tree perc and ice notches...FTW) side by side today, and my RooR allows for bigger hits overall with the GonG, and the perc does def smooth it out a bit more. I get so blasted with either, I think any thc loss from the added water filtration of the perc is trivial at most. I may still get the VWT Perk when it comes out, is Mark going with that unique "UFO" perc design?

UrDoinItWrong,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
UrDoingitWrong ? you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Percs are a nice to have, but definitely not a NEED to have. Some times I like larger pieces, other days, I like the smaller Pro Water Tool. The new PerK ? will be utilizing the UFC percolator. Gonna meet with Mark later on to get an update on that.

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

stonemonkey55 said:
The new PerK ? will be utilizing the UFC percolator. Gonna meet with Mark later on to get an update on that.
Ultimate Fighting Championship perc??? That sounds dope lol J/k, I think SM55 had something else on his mind... I believe its UFO cause its shaped like a UFO

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
you didn't know? He is calling it the UFC perc cause it is octogon shaped and you need to "tapout" before taking your first hit. LOL. Damn, I was gonna say it was a typo but the letters O and C and nowhere near each other. Honestly, ever since the game came out, I've pretty much ignored all responsibilities that aren't work related to play. I've been tailing my training partners that this is helping me with the strategic, mental side to fighting which is why they haven't seen me in two weeks.

to stay on topic tho, for the people who have had their VHWs poop out them, meaning the red light comes on but the heater doesn't get any hotter. Mark thinks he may have found the solution. Basically one of the grounding wires came uncrimped (proper vowel?) and it was as simple as re-grounding the wire. If you are electrically inclined, this is something you should be able to fix on your own, or just email Vriptech, someone will get back to you pronto.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
^^^ i just emailed mark because mine just did this :( . if its something i can do by myself that would be awesome so i dont have to wait. it almost brought a tear to my eye when i looked down and there wasnt a reassuring glow. sad times. i just ordered a bunch of different glass gauzes as well so ill let you guys know whats up when i get back up and running
:peace:

edit/// so if it is just the un-crimped ground what am i gonna need to fix this bad boy? im pretty electrically inclined so im pretty sure i can handle it. i have no idea how to get inside of this thing though. i took the heater cover off but didnt wanna push my luck before i know what i need to get done

minnesnowta,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Survivalism said:
The tip of the VHW is 25mm i beleive.
Is this accurate for the wand diameter? I didn't see a response either confirming or denying but I'm fairly curious so if someone could measure their wand it would be much appreciated :D. Also does this measurement include the silicon sleeve ?

Durden,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
From what I have heard, passed down from the gods of vapor knowledge (SA :p), The VHW will fit ANY bowl as long as the top of the bowl is the same size as a quarter. .25 cents to be exact :)

correct me if I'm wrong :/

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

UrDoinItWrong

I'm obsessed with getting super milky hits, and I get frustrated when sometimes I only get NORMAL enormous vapor hits ;). It seems to me that the factors in getting the milkiest vhw hits are:

-fully warmed up wand
-medium to large size bowl pack
-a bowl that is packed slightly tight, so there is some draw resistance (this part seems key)

however there are times when I think I have all 3 and I wont get super milk, so I guess I can chalk that up to vaping just being WAY MORE conditional than smoking all the time, haha. Maybe if whatever nug I ground up didn't have as many trichromes in it to begin with, I wouldn't get the super milk. At first I thought it would be as simple as packing it full and pulling hard, but NOPE haha. I was pulling accidental super milk yesterday that almost had me running for my video camera, lol! I literally filled up my sun-soaked living room with vapor so much it looked like someone set a trashcan on fire.

UrDoinItWrong,

stevebeast

mine is 23.68mm a quarter is 24.28mm so the quarter trick will work, give a little bit of room and the silicon should form a nice seal.

stevebeast,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
UrDoinItWrong said:
I'm obsessed with getting super milky hits, and I get frustrated when sometimes I only get NORMAL enormous vapor hits ;). It seems to me that the factors in getting the milkiest vhw hits are:

-fully warmed up wand
-a bowl that is packed slightly tight, so there is some draw resistance (this part seems key)

however there are times when I think I have all 3 and I wont get super milk, so I guess I can chalk that up to vaping just being WAY MORE conditional than smoking all the time, haha. Maybe if whatever nug I ground up didn't have as many trichromes in it to begin with, I wouldn't get the super milk. At first I thought it would be as simple as packing it full and pulling hard, but NOPE haha. I was pulling accidental super milk yesterday that almost had me running for my video camera, lol! I literally filled up my sun-soaked living room with vapor so much it looked like someone set a trashcan on fire.
Hey man, another set of key variables is the dryness and fineness of the material being vaped. Get your buds bone dry and finely ground and it will add greatly to your chances of big clouds. :)

Hope this isn't redundant info for ya as it's posted all over, but I thought I might as well throw it in. :peace:

KeepCalm,

UrDoinItWrong

KeepCalm said:
UrDoinItWrong said:

-fully warmed up wand

Hey man, another set of key variables is the dryness and fineness of the material being vaped. Get your buds bone dry and finely ground and it will add greatly to your chances of big clouds. :)

Hope this isn't redundant info for ya as it's posted all over, but I thought I might as well throw it in. :peace:
True, true...that shall be added to the thick hit commandments!!

UrDoinItWrong,
hey UDIW in an earlier post you said at full blast you couldn't burn the herb? I think your wand may still be running on the cooler side and if you got no "headroom" you cant make up for ambient temp. drops. If you got the know how take that puppy apart and turn good old VT 1 up a bit. there's instructions somewhere near the start of this thread.You dont want it to combust of course but its nice to crank it up a bit if its cold or you've got bubble or BHO. Also i find that preheating the bowl assembly gets things foggy fast! Fuck you Harry Potter this wand fucking trumps yours! Just my 2 cents of course

thevapedcrusader,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey just thought I'd give you guys this little sneak preview of the VWT PerK

Not sure how much this thing is gonna retail for but thought you guys would enjoy the picture

A little bit bigger dimensions, thicker glass, and UFO perc - thats all the info I got at the moment

vwtperkw.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Hotboxvapebongin

Wow that thing looks pretty sweet. Can you zoom in on that perc because im not sure exactly how that works? do you fill it up with water or is it a dry perc? I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

Hotboxvapebongin,

UrDoinItWrong

Awesome VWT!!! Low-set perk, plenty of ice room, small air volume....I LIKE!

Edit: VCrusader: Yeah, I figured from the start that my wand runs on the cooler side. But, since I can still get my herb dark brown if I try, I figure it's hot enough...and at least now it's idiot proof so my roommate or my friends don't accidentally combust and piss me off, haha. I bet in winter it may piss me off though, I won't know until then!! I have one of the new model heat covers, with the silicone just at the tip...which from what some say seems to be a factor in the wand vaping cooler too. All in all I still can get killer hits, I'm clumsily putting together a short demo film today that I'll show you guys soon. PEace!

UrDoinItWrong,

darcey

This has most likely been covered already but i couldn't see it leafing thru this thread...

How does the VHW compare to the original heatgun/VCB setup?

I currently have a HG1100/VCB/VWT Pro setup and am trying to decided if i should get a VHW or just stick with the heatgun

darcey,
gday darcey heres my 2 good australian cents for ya mate! ive had the ol' hg1100 vwt combo for a couple of years and the gun only gets used for stripping paint or to loan to vapor newbie friends to get em hooked on vrips! heres some things i have found... the wand doesnt force feed you like the gun does, you are in control and just breathe the magic in. its got a basically all glass airpath, is silent, only draws 60 watts compared to 1800and doesnt make your lights pulse when you use it and its much easier to swing this thing around.most importantly for me the taste and walloping it gives you is also noticeably richer and the vapors seem more viscous (and vicious) with the wand, my theory being that the sheer cfm of the gun seems to oxidize the vapor and wash out a bit of flavour and punch. dont get me wrong they both make huge clouds its just the wand seems to produce really greasy fog. i dont know if Id suggest this thing for a total vapor newb because of its delicacy and devastation-ness but as youve done some hard yards with the makita in my opinion its a must! you east coast or west? we could sort an fc downunder session and give you a demo if we're on the same side, geographically and legally speaking of course. :uhoh:
oh yeah the vcb itself is also quite a bit smaller doesnt hang out as far as the orig, heaps easier to pack and clear without having to take the vcb and lower bowl apart (which can be a a pain in the ass when its all hot) :peace:

thevapedcrusader,
Top Bottom