Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

NoSmoke

I just want to let it be known that I absolutly love my PD and use her every morning, but if I had an unlimited supply of herb the VHW would be all I need (at home, PD rocks in the car)! That will probly never be my case so the PD will be a lifelong companion!

On the whole VHW vs, SSV deal my opinion is that the VHW is much easier to master (no breathing technique really neccesary) and the SSV has to be hit with more of a controlled breath to not burn or get thin vapor. The only advantage the SSV has IMO is its duribility over the VHW. The hits are the same density and can even be made denser with the SSV but not much (they are smokier too IMO)

Sorry I wrote this on my break at work on my phone :lol:

NoSmoke,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
got my new heater cover yesterday, i really like it i feel it adresses most of the weaknesses of the wand that i experienced

it took a while but im finally satisfied with my purchase

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn...I thought I already posted this.

Monkey...I'm clueless when it comes to glass specs. I have an inline with ice catcher that mates well to the elbow of my Extreme...it is a sweet setup! But I think the inline will probably hit even better with the VHW attached to it! Which Vrip attachments do I need to use the VHW with my inline?

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
If I'm not mistaken, the Extreme elbow uses a 18.8 gg joint. Can anyone verify this? If this is the case, you merely need the VHW, upper intake, and 18.8 gong lower bowl. I no longer have my Extreme so I'm not 100% certain on this, can anyone else chime in?

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Just reading around, and yes, its 18.8mm, if I remember right.

Now the question simply is what to use for a bowlpiece....

A lot of us have been using alternatives, such as stock bowls or those made by various glass blowers. Someone mentioned Vrip now has GONG bowls released. I'm glad to see that.

Personally, I didn't like the funnel setup. It has some advantages, but I felt it was unnecessary in the long run. I also disliked the idea of compromising this all glass setup with a piece of silicone, airpath or not. I had a bad experience with the stuff. It's really not an appropriate material for such close proximity to intense heat, especially for prolonged periods. It will stress the silicone, eventually fracture it, and who knows about potential off-gasing, etc. I see they now have a small ring, instead of the initial sleeve, which is an excellent improvement, but I guess you could say I am operating on a matter of principal. I guess you'll see what I mean when you get the unit yourself. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
thew new silicone is also a diameter size smaller than the old one, it fits much tighter. i havent experienced any offgassing so far, i also remember sm mentioning that it had a higher temperature rating

i really like the new heater cover, now i can be much more confident in using it, and even confident enough in it to consider using the vhw with friends
imo the heater cover was the final touch that makes the vhw a much better vape for many people, and it was a very good move

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think i remember reading a while back about them designing a "snapper" lower intake which has a smaller capacity, has there been much effort to persue this design? i think it would be quite popular

Acolyte of Zinglon,

NoSmoke

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i think i remember reading a while back about them designing a "snapper" lower intake which has a smaller capacity, has there been much effort to persue this design? i think it would be quite popular
Very Popular!! I agree... Sign me up for one!

NoSmoke,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
stonemonkey55 said:
I'm just expressing my own opinions based on my experiences of going to 2-3 clubs a week
Sorry for the tangent but what are your favorite bay area clubs?

KeepCalm,

Beezleb

UrDoinItWrong said:
stonemonkey55 said:
This is awesome to read, nothing makes me happier than reading about happy Vrippers! Can't wait to get off of work today, vape a fatty, and place UFC Undisputed - anyone want to battle me on 360 live, my gamer tag is stonemonkey55
Oh, you know IT's ON!!!

GT: IronRonin36
I dont really get super gamer skills, I just think I do hehe.

I love getting ripped and playing a bit of Mount & Blade and chop off some heads.

Beezleb,

NoSmoke

Im starting to notice that the way the new silicone sits on the end of the wand may not be the best, I think there should be a couple of centimeters of the glass pretruding thru the silicone so to be closer to the herb when making the seal with the VCB. FDoes anyone else notice this, and is their a way i can slide the silicone down a tad without wreaking the glass or silicone??

In other words when i make the seal their is a distance between the herb and the end of the heater cover, I remember thicker vapors when they were closer and darker abv.

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
NoSmoke said:
Im starting to notice that the way the new silicone sits on the end of the wand may not be the best, I think there should be a couple of centimeters of the glass pretruding thru the silicone so to be closer to the herb when making the seal with the VCB. FDoes anyone else notice this, and is their a way i can slide the silicone down a tad without wreaking the glass or silicone??

In other words when i make the seal their is a distance between the herb and the end of the heater cover, I remember thicker vapors when they were closer and darker abv.
The only difference distance should make, as long as the seal is good, is temperature. Just turn the wand up a tiny bit and you should get those thicker vapors and darker abv.

Survivalism,

NoSmoke

Survivalism said:
NoSmoke said:

The only difference distance should make, as long as the seal is good, is temperature. Just turn the wand up a tiny bit and you should get those thicker vapors and darker abv.
Im thinking it affects the vapor to air ratio more then you may think. Im going to try and expose the top of the glass cover a little more and see where that gets me. I believe when sealed that the glass cover should come as close to the herb (or bottom of the VCB) as possible and I notice the difference when it doesnt. I have her set on full blast all the time.

Post #742 theirs a picture of a wand thats shows a good example of what im talking about with the end of the glass pretruding the silicone...

Nontheless this thing still kicks some serious ass, they are just minor adjustments that can and have been made to add to the growing process of this vape.

NoSmoke,

UrDoinItWrong

love mine so far, been using it WAY too much. I also find that i leave it on the highest setting all the time, even at this setting I find it impossible to really overbrown the herb, unless I pack it super full and really try. It actually seems to be at the perfect temp when set to it's highest, as my herb has been consistently medium brown after being spent. I used to be the type of snob that would almost never take a second bong hit after someone, but I find myself kicking all of my friend's bowls after they die and space-out after the second hit, haha.

One question, so far this is seeing pretty heavy use, anyone else who leaves theirs on for an extended period of time? Think it's a bad idea to leave it on 'standby" by turning it down all the way if Im not going to use it for a bit? I have been using a ceramic bowl to cradle it, between the silicone tip and the plastic handle and cord the glass really can't hit/touch anything, so it's a nice place to set it.

UrDoinItWrong,

NoSmoke

slipped the sleeve down and its like night and day!!!!! soooooooo thicky thick im in love!!!!

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So whatknd of oil did you end up using to grease up the sleeve? May the thick, milky, clean vapors be with you.

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

I used vegetable oil which by the way I dont reccomend, it stuck to the glass (burned on) I reccomend water and soap and that is probly what I should of used. But oh well its still awesome!!! :lol:

NoSmoke,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
its two states away now. :o im gettting excited. got a clean tool now and 6 diff strains to try out when she arrives. im so freakin pumped. time for another pd stem to try and forget its not here yet.....
:peace:

minnesnowta,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
F yeah! GonG!

Time to add a VHW to my collection, I'm a glass snob :D

I've read this thread back to front multiple times, but I have a shitty memory. Is the airpath 100% glass?

This quote from the last page

The VHW encapsulates the heating element 100% in glass whereas the air passes the stainless steel heater in the Herbo.
So a VHW + GonG bong = absolutely 100% glass airway?

Sounds too good to be true :ninja: I would love to move to a 100% glass.

Chubba,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
thats one of its best features brow
:D

I'm quite impressed with the (skim) milkshot pics/vids, especially the big nerd inline!

I wonder how effective it is to vape through really large tubes, or tubes with diffusers/percs/inlines etc. I miss the tube smoking experience.

There's still a metal screen in the pathway though, too bad you can't use a fully glass bowl for vape?

I'm just being snobby now... I got no problem with safe materials. I'm here hitting a stainless steel PD with SSV tubing attached, it does the job safely. It would be interesting to have a 100% glass setup.

Chubba,
hey Chubba dont hesitate your collection needs one of these! You wont need a stepdown transformer for this baby, special 240 v 3pin plug versions for us aussie vapor pigs! Thick greasy fog comin right up!

thevapedcrusader,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Chubba - I believe SpiralArchitect has been using glass daisies in his set up. Then it is 100% glass but a bit harder to stir your herbal blend. I'm a vapor snob as well and I made a concession to just use the stainless steel screen for the time being.

As for the vaping in really large tubes, it's fun, but I prefer smaller tubes. I like to put a lot of ice in my N3rdline so that it cools the vapor and make it hit like a smaller piece. At the end of the day, the bong that you use, whether large or small, perc or no perc, will just come down to your preference. I find that I like to use certain pieces for certain occasions but the one constant is, they all work well with the vhW

stonemonkey55,

CapnVape

Well, the slides I ordered from Blazemaster came the other day :D, so I poured myself a tall glass of skim milk. So refreshing.

DSCF1349.jpg

The slides work awesome. I could have pulled thicker vapor if I turned the wand up. I was getting vapor as thick as the shot above while never taking the herb past a golden yellow color.

CapnVape,
Top Bottom