Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
oh no, I was gonna recommend an inline from CD after I saw Spirals....you can't beat his price for the work.

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

Is CD making them yet cause I know I want an inline from him, and Minnesnowta too! He's got a waiting list brewing LOL

NoSmoke,

stevebeast

Yesterday my freind put my wand in the coffee cup that had coffee in it. DOHLP!! luckily it didnt crack, the coffee boiled off into a black coating about 3/4 of an inch up the inside of the glass. I took the glass off and the element is sealed and wasnt touched the coating was impervious to water, mild dishsoap, iso, 420, and vinegar, i talked to my glass guru said he cleans all his glass with automatic dishwashing detergent, he said put a bunch of powdered detergent in a large ziplock with hot water and soak it overnight. After 20 min the black just floated off, the bag even had little chunks of coffee stain in it. It rinsed right off and after drying it was like it never happened. Tried it on some pipes that is the way to clean glass it was a very good tip, and luckily i have 2 wands so it didnt even slow me down. and the lesson is if you are going to keep the wand in a cup to retain heat make sure it is wildly different than the ones you are drinking out of.

stevebeast,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
yeah the stand is pretty cool, i bought one when i got my wand. only bad thing to it is that its alot of glass so some clanking occurs when your putting it in or taking it out which is nerve breaking at first. It doesnt really bother me anymore. The stand also decreases the time it takes to heat up (as long as it takes me to pack one its at full temp). the top part of the stand gets hot to the touch but if you need to move it the base stays cool. its def worth the 30 bucks they charge.
ill be putting in my new element tommorow and hopefully ill be back to the new revised heater cover & silicon (which ive missed greatly). its kinda cool to see how much they have changed the cover over the life of this lil guy.
:peace: and happy VHWing

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Durden, good find. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics but the maker of the hot glass was definitely the first on the market. I believe at one point, Hot Glass and Vriptech were going to work on this together but for whatever reason, it never happened and now we have these two versions. I agree with you, the hot glass is slightly less refined but that glass around it prevents you from getting burned which I thought was pretty cool. As far as functionality goes, I would say they are pretty similar but the edge in value definitely goes to the VHW. Hope this helped.

stonemonkey55,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Interesting, makes sense they started from the same place, that seems to be a common situation with vaporizer makers. An extra glass casing around the heating glass sounds interesting, but I'm afraid its large size would make it more difficult to use with custom glass bowls. If anything, it makes me think that someone should make a wand with some colored/worked glass and maybe even it's own stand ;) which probably would not be practical in the slightest. :lol:

Durden,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Some custom bowls coming at me courtesy of Blazemaster :D

P6190317.jpg

P6190314.jpg

Skunkypete,

CapnVape

Nice Blazemaster slides, Skunkypete. I'm sure you'll love them as much as I love mine, they work so awesome. Cloudy days ahead for you my friend :D .

:peace:

CapnVape,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
:2c: I think the lack of an exposed ceramic heating element improves the taste of the vapor in the VHW more than the lack of tubing (any thoughts?).

IMO, nothing compares to the VHW for taste and clean vapor.

Progress,

NoSmoke

P6180311.jpg

P6180310.jpg

P6180309.jpg

Here are the pics of the diffy and bowl from Blazemaster im just itching to recieve this, you have no idea, creeping into my dreams and all!!!

Also forgot to mention Blazemaster made a custom sort of ice pinch (screen) into the bowl :D I cant freaking wait, ill let you guys know how the glass pinch setup works ;)

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
NoSmoke - those are very beautiful, its tough to see all these customized bowls and not having one in my collection. Callin Blazemaster, Monkey is calling....

Prog - totally agreed, the taste definitely has something to do with the glass encased heating element. Since my dad is overseas, I had the pleasure of running a vapor bar at a local dispensary yesterday. Had the SSV and Volcano with me as usual. Seems like people are starting to get over bags and more into direct draw vapes. The overall vapor knowledge was pretty decent as well which was a pleasant surprise.

Asides from being able to vape from a bong, the biggest reaction was with the potency of the flavor of the VHW vape. While it wasn't the consensus #1 choice, about 80% of the people preferred the VHW over the other two vapes, but 100% agreed that the flavor could not be surpassed. Always awesome to introduce something to improve someone's health and spreading the good word of the vapor!

stonemonkey55,

marcuss

above the clouds
Progress said:
:2c: I think the lack of an exposed ceramic heating element improves the taste of the vapor in the VHW more than the lack of tubing (any thoughts?).

IMO, nothing compares to the VHW for taste and clean vapor.
Maybe your opinion could be different if you give a try to its direct competitor....Try the Herborizer before you write your word in the stone!

Here...the steel make the difference....solid, tasteful and smooth hits are the results!

Just to be a fair tester i'm waiting for the VHW so i can compare this two hi-quality vapes....i'm excited for this final fight :brow:

SSV and Volcano cannot be at the same level in cleaness and taste IMO!

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Maybe your opinion could be different if you give a try to its direct competitor....Try the Herborizer before you write your word in the stone!

Here...the steel make the difference....solid, tasteful and smooth hits are the results!

Just to be a fair tester i'm waiting for the VHW so i can compare this two hi-quality vapes....i'm excited for this final fight brow
Very curious to see your reaction Marcuss! As far as I know, I'm the only one with an Herbo and VHW. Both are definitely the Ferrari and Lamborghini of vapes!

stonemonkey55,

marcuss

above the clouds
eheh stonemonkey....i'm sure we are a small lucky elite.....we just want the best machines on our dream table to enjoy the good vapor.....hard work must be rewarded!
In this year with the Herbo i found that without that purity of taste my mouth and my mind aren't fully satisfied....i'm a chef de cuisine and taste is a foundation of my life, so i do use the SSV and the E for party time where my friends want just that "fist in your face effect", but for me only the Herbo can cook properly the food for my mind!

I'll give my unbiased review only after a good test of this magic wand longside the Sphere Xl with the same sample material....my lungs need some training for sure!!!

marcuss,

whereami

Is it ok if the VHW is turned up all the way? The ceramic glows orange, is this too hot? Has anyone left their unit on for extended periods of time at a high setting?

I had an older VHW that cracked due to the manufacturing problem that has been fixed, but I don't want to put the new one through any stress.

whereami,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
whereami - i know of several customers who leave their VHW on 24/7 and haven't had too many issues but my preference is just to unplug it after every use to be on the safe side.

Marcuss - very much looking forward to your review :D I am like you, taste is KING!

stonemonkey55,

nilo

I got my Vriptech Heatwand kit last month, I love the presentation, I barely got a chance to use it. I know how to use the heatwand but I am not sure how the bong and the pipe fittings work exactly, if anyone has a picture of the model put together ready to go I'd be very grateful :)

Right now I have to hold together all the pieces otherwise they would fall apart.

nilo,

gak hater

nilo said:
I got my Vriptech Heatwand kit last month, I love the presentation, I barely got a chance to use it. I know how to use the heatwand but I am not sure how the bong and the pipe fittings work exactly, if anyone has a picture of the model put together ready to go I'd be very grateful :)

Right now I have to hold together all the pieces otherwise they would fall apart.
there is a good pic of it on thier site
http://www.vriptech.com/
if you are still confused shoot them an email
thier cust service is great :)

gak hater,

Blazemaster

Josh S.
Glass Blower
Finally got to use one of these things the other day, got me chiefed. Worked a lot better than i thought, i liked it! :cool::peace:

Blazemaster,

CapnVape

Blazemaster said:
Finally got to use one of these things the other day, got me chiefed. Worked a lot better than i thought, i liked it! :cool::peace:
Hey Blaze, glad to see you here at FC. So, you finally got to try the VHW out. It's about time, you must have made quite a few custom bowls for it by now. I'm still lovin' mine, they work so well with the VHW, I haven't touched the stock bowl since I got my blazemasters.

I can't wait to get my hands on the tube you're making me, so I can try out my wand with it.

VHW + custom blazemaster slide = pure awesome .

Peace

CapnVape,
Top Bottom