boxopen

I believe there is something wrong with my Volcano. It has started making a loud noise with the fan on, and it seems to somehow be "off center" Can anyone take a look at this video suggest any ideas? I'd like to fix it myself if possible, as I believe I am out of the 3 year warranty window. Thank you!

Last edited:

redrum891

I believe there is something wrong with my Volcano. It has started making a loud noise with the fan on, and it seems to somehow be "off center" Can anyone take a look at this video suggest any ideas? I'd like to fix it myself if possible, as I believe I am out of the 3 year warranty window. Thank you!

Yah there definitely seems to be an issue, I don't know much about fixing a volcano.

can wait / go to other forums about the volcano (maybe even one that helps with repairs, i know lots of people do it)

or research how to dissemble the volcano and see if you can figure out which part is causing the issue (looks like something isn't tighten down?)

i think you can send it back to s&b and get it fixed too for like $100

I'm new to vaping, so I'm probably not the best to answer this question. I'm sure someone can direct you to the right direction.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
That is how mine sounds. I have a white, gold, and black Volcano. Mine sound louder. But, I can see when you move the inside it has a louder sound. Mine does not move inside like that. I really do not know what to say. I would write to them and tell them. They have great service. My experience. Good luck with that and I am sorry you are going through that with your Volcano.

Hippie

Has the star disc underneath the screen moved?
I'd try unscrewing the black ring and reotating the screens and reseating the ring (you might need to warm it up to unscrew)
And if that doesn't work I'd take the top off and have a look at that area inside
But I do like to take the top off these things :)

There are some disassembly/cleaning tutorials and pics of what's inside here ..
Volcanotips.com

pootsforjesus

Are there yearly online deals for Volcanos for more than 25% off? I'm planning on pulling the trigger at some point, but if, say, 420 or xmas sales usually see a higher discount, I can wait.

I'm also having trouble deciding between the Hybrid and the Classic. Even with a discount, a Hybrid is just so friggin pricey (that heat up time though is just so clutch...).

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Are there yearly online deals for Volcanos for more than 25% off? I'm planning on pulling the trigger at some point, but if, say, 420 or xmas sales usually see a higher discount, I can wait.

I'm also having trouble deciding between the Hybrid and the Classic. Even with a discount, a Hybrid is just so friggin pricey (that heat up time though is just so clutch...).
POTV often has lightly used Volcano and Hybrid at nice discounts. I'm hoping someone posts about a great Black Friday deal for you. If I see one, I'll post.

pootsforjesus

POTV often has lightly used Volcano and Hybrid at nice discounts. I'm hoping someone posts about a great Black Friday deal for you. If I see one, I'll post.
Ah sorry, I should have been a little clearer. Both vgoodiez and puffitup have 25% off and POTV has 20% off black friday sales going on right now. I was wondering if anybody had seen higher than that for other holidays in the past just because I can wait for them sweeter deals if so.

Thanks for offering to keep an eye out though! I appreciate it!

pootsforjesus,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Dr. G

Old Resident

I have them all...the best in my experience is the simple classic. The balloons are the bomb and you do not need anything else. This is simple and a work horse. The gold is beautiful too...the anniversary one. I hope you get one.

Vape_Or_Die420

Ah sorry, I should have been a little clearer. Both vgoodiez and puffitup have 25% off and POTV has 20% off black friday sales going on right now. I was wondering if anybody had seen higher than that for other holidays in the past just because I can wait for them sweeter deals if so.

I always check out vapospy.com before purchasing any vape.

pootsforjesus

I have them all...the best in my experience is the simple classic. The balloons are the bomb and you do not need anything else. This is simple and a work horse. The gold is beautiful too...the anniversary one. I hope you get one.
Thanks for that! Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the Classic in the end. I had a Herbalizer for years and rarely used the whip. The only things that kept me coming back to the Hybrid was how much faster it would get to temp and the removable power cord. Highly doubt it's worth the extra ~$200.

vapospy.com
Oh snap! I never knew about this site. Definitely going to keep it in the back pocket. Thanks!

pootsforjesus,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

Have you tried asking at the shops you most frequent? The owner of one shop said he would get me a Hybrid wholesale, if I paid for shipping. My Volcano hybrid came right from S.& B. I've been surprised at how kind people are if you support them over time.
I'm going to check this thread to see what the sales were last BF. That should give us a clue as to where to look.

pootsforjesus

Have you tried asking at the shops you most frequent? The owner of one shop said he would get me a Hybrid wholesale, if I paid for shipping. My Volcano hybrid came right from S.& B. I've been surprised at how kind people are if you support them over time.
Man, I couldn't tell you the last time I was actually in a Head Shop, haha. Last vape I bought was online straight from the manufacturer about 5-ish years ago. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if I wouldn't be able to get a deal like that from any shops around me. Great call though!

I'm going to check this thread to see what the sales were last BF. That should give us a clue as to where to look.
Aw, no worries on that front! I really appreciate you doing some legwork, but you don't need to put yourself out. My question was more of a "Hey, anybody know off the dome? No? No worries!" kind of thing.

I checked out POTV with their lightly used stuff and the price is super attractive. I reached out to Stickstones real fast with some questions. Thanks for mentioning it!

pootsforjesus,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Puffitup seems to have had it for sale, down to $370 with discount code on top of sale, last year. That's for the Hybrid, and this was in the Volcano hybrid thread.
The POTV lightly used and open box section was where I got my Mighty ($209, so worth it!) and Solo2 ($94). I'm trying to avoid looking, as I become weak kneed in the face of vape temptation. It was that very temptation that led me to buy a Volcano Hybrid. I had four more vapes picked out, then realized that I could get a Hybrid for that price, if I shopped well. Of course, I still want the other four, but the Volcano comforts me a great deal.
@stickstones , seems like a great guy. I love watching him and Troy on the YouTube.
They totally normalize a room full of vapes.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I bought from Vapefiend and Planet of the Apes...great prices for the Volcano...wait for a sale. But, I would def go with the classic...I really did not like the hybrid whip....just didn't. I love the simple Classic. I got the White one and I think its beautiful. Simple. Hard working. Effective. What more can I ask for.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
While I love the balloons, I also love the whip, and often start with the whip then blow balloons at higher temps. It was absolutely worth buying. The black hybrid is gorgeous in person. The hybrid heating method is worth trying. It's a powerful combination.
I'm stoned enough to have trouble with words, so I'm going to stop trying to explain this because it sounds stupid when I say it. I'm going to go enjoy the zing, courtesy of the Hybrid. I will say, something, but I have no idea what that might be, so off I go.
Oh right, I wanted to say to anyone reading this, I wish that you might feel such a blissful feeling.
Twenty20 Made Of Honor, plus the hybrid is my recipe. First try of Made Of Honor, so it's going to be a good year.

Vapinmofo

Remember if you buy a new volcano
make a fine grind.
Use a 1/8 tea spoon spoon. My spoon says “ Pinch” on it.

Level spoon full into the chamber.
Spread it out.
Put a liquid pad (or fine screen) over the flower.
Put the top of the chamber on and set it on the volcano.
I use 6.5 on the scale and never change it.

I get amazing flavor from this method. It’s not thick milky vapor.. that’s a huge waste and doesn’t taste any good.
I literally use between 50 and 80 mg flower per balloon. That’s like 40 up to 70 bags from an 1/8th. Lol
Try putting a gram in tge chamber and getting 50 good flavorful bags out of it.
I say this just isn’t possible.
Some may argue.
Oh well.
Less is more with the volcano.

People run their flower multiple times.
I do not. I get fantastic extraction by using less.

If you think about it I’m putting in say 50 mg flower the buds I get average 25%.

So about 12.5 mg THC Per load.
Can I absorb that much THC across a bag? I doubt it.

So what I’m saying is do a little math.. people who put a gram in at a time are wasting lots of that gram. Plus the flavor from that kind of load sucks.

Try it my way. It will work.

Dr. G

Old Resident
make a fine grind.

Spread it out.

I get amazing flavor from this method. It’s not thick milky vapor.. that’s a huge waste and doesn’t taste any good.
I literally use between 50 and 80 mg flower per balloon. That’s like 40 up to 70 bags from an 1/8th. Lol
Some may argue.
Oh well.

If you think about it I’m putting in say 50 mg flower the buds I get average 25%.

So what I’m saying is do a little math.. people who put a gram in at a time are wasting lots of that gram. Plus the flavor from that kind of load sucks.

Try it my way. It will work.
Man you got this going on! Right on...

Also, something about the balloon you can just relax outside on the lawn...take the balloon anywhere. I love the damn thing.

Oh...It seems I never change the loader...I get soooooooooooooo many sessions out of load its ridiculous. The machine truly is amazing...never burns it....always even. Always flavor. Always makes me super dooper medicated to the very max.

redrum891

RlM2yG18YoU_7HOOxFy6bkF4WJ37Hh2s72P-6wDKzJSizmP8L5DYjvuPLGaMw_xyzmLKJDWf2MKY8y_QT9t0S6ivkFgQIrhxelT3FBVfRQvQyFd8NFjRPhmG8yLgzaOSTeUhom0dE3979zbVG1nRQiKUz1367y8=s0-d-e1-ft

pootsforjesus

I ended up getting an Onyx Classic from POTV. This guy rules. I now get why it's been around for so long! Also, the heatup time is way less than I was anticipating. I'm now waiting for the reducer and capsules I ordered to be delivered so I don't have to use as much flower for a bag, haha.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

glasper

Hi friends. I love my Volcano classic. Yet sometimes it's a bit too much for a quick solo session.(too much herb to fill the big bag).

Any suggestions for how I can best use the volc on occasions I don't want to use as much herb? Do they make smaller filling chambers and/or balloons? Other suggestions?

I thought about getting a smaller vaporizer. But it seems like a waste because I already have this great one and don't need anything portable.

thanks ; )

4-Aces King-High

Hi friends. I love my Volcano classic. Yet sometimes it's a bit too much for a quick solo session.(too much herb to fill the big bag).

Any suggestions for how I can best use the volc on occasions I don't want to use as much herb? Do they make smaller filling chambers and/or balloons? Other suggestions?

I thought about getting a smaller vaporizer. But it seems like a waste because I already have this great one and don't need anything portable.

tha
make a fine grind.

Spread it out.

Some may argue.
Oh well.

Try it my way. It will work.Thanks Vapinmofo .

glasper

thanks dude. like you, i like to vape herb only once and not reuse it.

do you use the typical dosing capsule filling chamber with the little brillo-like mesh pad?

which version of the volcano ? chamber-reducer is what you need
thanks dude. i use the classic (all analog) volcano with the standard filling chamber with the little brillo-like pad to occupy some of the chamber space. this little fillng chamber reducer looks good. do you use the standard size balloons or do they make smaller ones for smaller occassions? thx ; )

Vape_Or_Die420

I run with the solid valve since day one when they used to come with. You can throw whatever you want in it. No reducer needed in my experience, plunger is the reducer. Always thought the easy valve was one of S&B’s first cost cutting measures.

Vape_Or_Die420,
  • Love
Reactions: olysh pops
Top Bottom