Truth Seeker

If you had 14 years of consistent usage it probably was a decent run. Some people leave their units on all day/every day so things are bound to go out. Selling parts probably isn't part of their business model too, it ain't a Ford your drivin'
I don't mean to be unsympathetic because it sucks they don't sell spare parts for a $500 unit yet realistically it's probably not part of their business model and not in their best interest profit wise.

Stoke

If you had 14 years of consistent usage it probably was a decent run. Some people leave their units on all day/every day so things are bound to go out. Selling parts probably isn't part of their business model too, it ain't a Ford your drivin'
I don't mean to be unsympathetic because it sucks they don't sell spare parts for a $500 unit yet realistically it's probably not part of their business model and not in their best interest profit wise.
The device(classic) itself is pretty simple. Basically 3 main components- an insulated heating element with dial, an air pump, and a very simple pressure regulator. The air pump is similair to the types used in aquariums. I have sourced some online, but they're wholesalers. Before covid, S&B offered service to out of warranty devices do hopefully they can get back to it. A big reason I was considering one for my dad this Christmas is the reliability...

Truth Seeker

The device(classic) itself is pretty simple. Basically 3 main components- an insulated heating element with dial, an air pump, and a very simple pressure regulator. The air pump is similair to the types used in aquariums. I have sourced some online, but they're wholesalers. Before covid, S&B offered service to out of warranty devices do hopefully they can get back to it. A big reason I was considering one for my dad this Christmas is the reliability...
I got it! I had no idea they did that, which is great considering the unit isn't $99. They should cover something as essential as item you need!
It is kind of known as the Rolls Royce of vapes or maybe the disco ball of vapes! (everyone has seen it)

Stoke

I got it! I had no idea they did that, which is great considering the unit isn't $99. They should cover something as essential as item you need!
It is kind of known as the Rolls Royce of vapes or maybe the disco ball of vapes! (everyone has seen it)
Barring the unforseen or the unlikely case that they never respond to me, I wouldn't recommend any other product as a tabletop vaporizer over the volcano. I've also owned a couple vapor brothers box style vaporizers and this total brick called the voodoo(biggest waste of $250 ever).
I trust storz and bickel to not use toxic industrial lubricants in the manufacture of their equipment. They treat these with the same respect as medical devices through the whole process.
The 3 year warranty is really good, and any work after that is charged on a case by case basis but the average is $50-$100. When I had my switch replaced, they overhauled it and really went through the whole device!

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Hi FC, I'm in the market for a classic. Does anyone still use their volcano? I see criticism of vapor density with the classic but it still looks sweet. Also, I love that they can be run into the ground. Yay or nay? I've seen an old vid of @BuzzDanklin blowing thick bags
Mine is about to hit the classifieds, but only because I got a Hybrid on sale recently. I'd say go for it. They're built like tanks.

Justpassedu

Mine is about to hit the classifieds, but only because I got a Hybrid on sale recently. I'd say go for it. They're built like tanks.
Thoughts on the classic vs. Hybrid , I had a classic way back . Been debating between the 2 , have no use for the whip , just want to blow bags but I keep hearing people don't like the valve/filling chamber setup on the hybrids.

Choices

Thoughts on the classic vs. Hybrid , I had a classic way back . Been debating between the 2 , have no use for the whip , just want to blow bags but I keep hearing people don't like the valve/filling chamber setup on the hybrids.
I would encourage you to go with what you know. I did eventually get a chamber reducer and dosing capsules to use with mine which has the EZ valve set up. This helped me conserve material and use my Volcano more often.

Justpassedu

I would encourage you to go with what you know. I did eventually get a chamber reducer and dosing capsules to use with mine which has the EZ valve set up. This helped me conserve material and use my Volcano more often.
I know the classic but if the hybrid is improved upon I'd rather go with the upgrade and learn it so I know it like anything else that's new. That's why I am looking to hear thoughts between the 2 for the people that have or have had both .

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I know the classic but if the hybrid is improved upon I'd rather go with the upgrade and learn it so I know it like anything else that's new. That's why I am looking to hear thoughts between the 2 for the people that have or have had both .
I use mine with the whip connected to a glass piece, wet or dry. Works nice for me. I have no issues with the chamber. It is the newer ceramic plated one. I never used the OG so I can’t compare though.

justcametomind

I have a digit and followed the hybrid thread for a long time because I craved the new unit.
The general consensus (imho) was that the new features do not justify the price, the main thing is still blowing bags. Hoses stink after a while.
Other than that I think that the OG Volcano has had many minor improvements since it came out. The new unit does not, not to mention they added lots of finicky bells and whistles so the vape is more prone to malfunctioning (bt, apps, touch controls), while one of the best feature of the OG was it being virtually indestructible.

BuzzDanklin

So I had my green fan switch break on me the other day and I had to replace it. I decided to create a switch replacement guide if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation: https://www.vaporizerwizard.com/blog/how-to-replace-volcano-classic-fan-switch/

16-final-test.jpg

green68beetle

Hi FC, I'm in the market for a classic. Does anyone still use their volcano? I see criticism of vapor density with the classic but it still looks sweet. Also, I love that they can be run into the ground. Yay or nay? I've seen an old vid of @BuzzDanklin blowing thick bags
My volcano classic is about 12 years old now and hasn't missed a beat. I use it almost every night. It's a big yay from me.

I also had a Mighty for five years before the switch broke, and my portable is now a tinymight due to S&B ridiculous repair price.

Green Kiwi

I had a few go's on the old trusted Volcano, and I loved the "ceberial high" it gave., and good taste.

Now I moved myself forward to the Hybrid, and........sofar, imho this thing rocks!!!!! ( it hit's harder...)

I personally feel(with the OG experience in the back of my mind),THAT together with the OBSIDIAN, and the whip ,"well what's left to be wished for??:huh::love:.

I Love the taste,( and as a sever asthmatic, I need water-cooling/grabbing those polen out of the experience), and I just love love ,did I say already love, it!:rockon::love:.

now as a side note, I am really curious, why the Hybrid is not getting more posts and love here?????:hmm::hmm::mental:.

Is it possibly because S&B , don't shout out their improvements in the S&B vapes, but in the mean time they continually keep improving???:hmm:.

Aroha Green Kiwi.

MegaMan2k

Recommended the hybrid to a friend recently on the basis of my experience with the Classic.
He is loving it aswell, now im getting kind of jealous, lol.. I been dabbing for years now, tried to get back to herb vaping last year, didnt work out for me sadly... i had such awsome times with the volcano around 2014-2017 tho,

i had already smoked weed and hash for about 10 years when i got my first volcano and i was sure i knew it all, but man did i experience a whole new side of cannabis.

kuzko

Just switched out easy valve chambers because the other one needs cleaning. First bag I’m filling up and I notice there’s vapor leaking out all around of what looks like the chamber or bag/chamber connection. Finish filling the bag and take it off, realize I left off the blue o-ring on top of the chamber. Don’t do that. First time I’ve done that in 10+ years of volcano use.

TheMercurialNo.10

Anyone any good ideas to not waste bag reclaim?

Was thinking cutting a bag into strips and heating in a water/coconut oil mixture for a while, remove strips, filter, freeze, separate, would make decent oil I could then capsule up.

Any thoughts/ideas?

TheMercurialNo.10,

Hippie

I'm sure someone said they cut the bag into strips and throw them in the bowl

If it's caked on you can freeze it and peel and scrape the reclaim off
You can warm up the rest of it and and mop it up with some organic vape cotton, and throw the reclaim laiden cotton in the bowl

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I’ve got an original volcano classic in perfect condition, pristine in fact with spare parts and bags etc, just out of curiosity does any one know what the rough value of it would be £? As I have no clue, not saying Im selling it but not saying I’m not:lol:

Demonic chronic,

dallasxus

I’ve got an original volcano classic in perfect condition, pristine in fact with spare parts and bags etc, just out of curiosity does any one know what the rough value of it would be £? As I have no clue, not saying Im selling it but not saying I’m not:lol:
Should have no problem getting £200 for it.

dallasxus,

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Should have no problem getting £200 for it.
Thanks bud:tup: at least I have a rough idea of what it’s worth now, been preferring butane vapes lately, just recently sold a pax 3, mflb and orbiter so I’m kinda moving away from electronics. In The back of my mind I’m thinking about selling it, but at the same time it’s the vape that really got me into vaping seriously, still could be tempted 2 sell fairly easily:lol:. Pretty sure I got double most things as well like 2 full housings including the metal of course etc and about 5 bags or so.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Reactions: dallasxus

LooseCucumber

So I bought a used unit off ebay about three months ago for $170ish, I needed to replace the switch which cost about $25 for the tool and switch plus shipping, but for $200 I've really liked the Classic. It can be a daily driver but I've used it in rotation with other vapes. There was a period where I used it everyday for a couple months. I leave the bowl on the unit throughout the whole bowl to provide some conduction. I bought a solid valve kit and much prefer it with a smaller bag but the easy valve is good for sharing. I found .2 minimum to get good vapor, and .5 to be too much (solo sesh, vapor gets rough). I always wanted a Cano so maybe I'm nostalgic but it has a place in the rotation.

Top Bottom