Circa1999

I use as little as a pinch of weed (30mg) to large amounts as 150mg. There is no need to put more imho. Since you have the solid valve you can adjust the spring on top of your load and be fine with tiny or large amounts. I like to extract everything in just one bag as heating up the load multiple times imho does not enhance efficiency and most of all flavor. Everything Vape_Or_Die420 stated is his way of using the Volcano, everything I’m saying is how I use mine, but there’s no trick to power up Volcano’s efficiency which is already paramount if it’s not malfunctioning or its fan engulfed with abv particles after years of use.

Again, there’s no correct/incorrect use imho. Just take away the bag from the valve and look with your eyes if there’s vapor coming out from it. On paper bigger bag means longer extraction but it all comes to how big is the load you are extracting.
Many Volcano users say they like to put a liquid pad inside the Easy valve to stop weed from swirling around. With the solid valve you can adjust it precisely on top of you load. If you are experiencing so much trouble you should check if the valve has every little tiny bit in place, or not.
It just seems like the Volcano is an 18 wheeler and the Vapor Brothers / SSV are like a Honda Accord

Circa1999,
Reactions: arb

Circa1999

Ok I just followed the instructions you guys gave me and it works great. Looks like I was doing it wrong this whole time, need to stir and re-grind.

Circa1999,
Reactions: arb

seki

Friendly PSA for everyone, just a reminder to change your intake filters. My Volcanoes don't get much use these days and when a friend asked to borrow one, I jumped at the chance to give it some utility again. As I was doing some maintenance to prepare for shipping, I decided I should change my intake filter too:
volcano.jpg

Pretty sure it started out the same colour as the replacements in the baggie. Those dots are dust and the whole thing crumbled as soon as I took it out. :puke: I honestly can't remember the last time I changed this out.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Ok yall, I'm done honeymooning with the Vapbong and the Volcano Classic is back out to play.

My buddy made me this custom rig and adapter for filtering my bags. The rig chugs and the adapter solved the issue of bags pointing straight up in my face!! Lol. Gotta love the innovation.

@campanelliglass on Instagram, not sure if he can commission pieces at this time but it never hurts to ask!

Likun

Maybe not the best thread to ask this but is the Volcano still relevant in 2021?
I'm considering buying one for doing sessions with my gf together.
Is the volcano able to handle micro dosing? What's the smallest dose possible while still getting some quality vapor? Micro dosing would be rather my personal thing without sharing.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Maybe not the best thread to ask this but is the Volcano still relevant in 2021?
Is the volcano able to handle micro dosing? What's the smallest dose possible while still getting some quality vapor? Micro dosing would be rather my personal thing without sharing.
I think the volcano classic is still relevant in 2021, but probably not worth it at retail sticker price.

If I was looking for a very lazy session, or if I was bedridden, the volcano classic would be my go-to. It is a good enough vaporizer for most of my friends. Pros are it's good for clumsy people, it will efficiently extract a gram over 5-10 bags. Cons are the vapor could be both denser and smoother (slightly airy/harsh but again, plenty good enough).

justcametomind

Usually I like to vape small doses, 30/50/70mg with my Volcano. I set mine at 230 Celsius degrees for maximum extraction and inflate an XL bag with 3/4 hits worth of vapor. I think it’s the best vape for micro dosing other than the best vape period. And I bought mine after many other vapes, asking myself if it was worth it the whole time. I think it’s well worth it.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Ok yall, I'm done honeymooning with the Vapbong and the Volcano Classic is back out to play.

My buddy made me this custom rig and adapter for filtering my bags. The rig chugs and the adapter solved the issue of bags pointing straight up in my face!! Lol. Gotta love the innovation.

@campanelliglass on Instagram, not sure if he can commission pieces at this time but it never hurts to ask!

That's a mighty fine piece there!

Magma_Industries,

Concerned Mother

I bought my classic as a second hand item and the vapor from it has had a funky aroma since I got it, which has’nt gone away in over a year and a half. Do you guys have any tips other than changing out the air filter and the silicone hoses inside of it?

Concerned Mother,

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
Using the dosing capsule adapter I can easily vape .12-.15 at a time with the hybrid. I made a little workflow so that I can extract an entire capsule in one bag hands free. Does all the temp stepping for me. My volcano is one of my daily drivers for sure.

Concerned Mother

@Stu
Yes, I’ve tried several bags during the year and a half that I’ve owned the volcano. I also clean everything with ISO regularly. The taste is coming from the volcano itself.

Choices

I don’t use my Volcano that often, usually only when I have a three day weekend. My workplace is taking a four day weekend so out it came. I always get confirmation of how effective it can be. I just barely covered the screen and got two really enjoyable bags as far as effects go. I’m going to go finish with one more bag. If I don’t report back you’ll understand why...:lol:

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Hey all, I just purchased a second hand Volcano, it hasn't arrived yet but it does have 3 bags in the pics, so would you recommend that I buy some new bags or would it be fine to use the ones that come with it (they are used)?

buckhakeesah

Hey all! New volcano classic owner here. Recently acquired an old volcano hand me down. Appears to have sat in a dusty garage for some time. How can I revive this? What would you clean? Should I take it apart to refresh it somehow? Where do you suggest to go for the spare parts needed to get into action. I only have the base portion and need bags and the rest.

Vapinmofo

Hey all! New volcano classic owner here. Recently acquired an old volcano hand me down. Appears to have sat in a dusty garage for some time. How can I revive this? What would you clean? Should I take it apart to refresh it somehow? Where do you suggest to go for the spare parts needed to get into action. I only have the base portion and need bags and the rest.
I would carefully disassemble it AND BLOW ALL THE DUST OUT (Watch the movies of this being done on you tube). Maybe run some fine sandpaper on the thermostat.

First plus it in and turn on the heating switch then the blower.... do they both work?

If not working send it in they will fix it (for a price).

Remember in the end when you use the Classic Volcano Less flower is More.
Vapinmofo

buckhakeesah

Thanks @Vapinmofo
Everything powers up and fan still blows. Just notice it's a bit dusty. I'll plan on doing this. What size or type of tool do I need to remove them screws? I also have a starter kit on the way, can't wait to test this thing out.

Vapinmofo

Hey guys so I bought a Volcano classic more than a decade ago but I never got more than a couple months use from it because it is so inefficient.

I was recently reading through Vape Critics Volcano review and he says it's one of the most efficient vaporizers along with the Plenty. Am I doing something wrong here?

I was using a vapor brothers and original SSV for better efficiency since then.

I have no idea why he would call the Volcano an efficient vape?
The simple truth is that many people use the Volcano incorrectly.
First of all people use way too much flower.

you really only need between 25-50 mg of fine ground (20-30 % thc) flower to fill a bag.
I use kitchen measuring spoons to get consistent bags. I have one called a "PINCH" (1/16 spoon) which holds 50 mg loose in the spoon.
For stronger flower (30%) I use a "Smidgen) 1/32 spoon .
So I use less when using stronger flower by 1/2.
Put a "liquid pad" on top of your fine ground flower in the filling chamber.

Not too HOT!!! Mine is set to 6.5 on the dial. My machine is 6 years old and I never turn it off.

So at 50 mg flower for a Bag of vapor that would be 20 Bags in a gram of flower. if that is not efficient I would like to know what us efficient.
70 Bags in an 1/8th.
Some people run the flower more than once. If there is still vapor in a second run then you are using too much flower.

Experiment with quality quantity and temp to see what works best for you.

You do not need to have a Bag with milk like vapor to get a great effect.

If you put some thought into it a person can dose very precisely and consistently with the Volcano.

From my perspective.
Drier flower is better.
too much flower makes it harsh
Too Much Heat makes it harsh.
Less is more.

When using a new bag the flavors is amazing. Older used bags loose this great flavor over time.

You can always Buy the XL bags and use a rubber band to make them the exact size that works best for you.
With the Volcano there are a number of variables:
Temp
quality
quantity
Balloon size

All effect the taste and effect of the flower.

Experiment
Use 30-50 mg per bag at 6/1/2 on the dial into a stock balloon to start. I will guess that you will end up enjoying your Volcano.

enjoy
Vapinmofo

Vapinmofo

I think the volcano classic is still relevant in 2021, but probably not worth it at retail sticker price.

If I was looking for a very lazy session, or if I was bedridden, the volcano classic would be my go-to. It is a good enough vaporizer for most of my friends. Pros are it's good for clumsy people, it will efficiently extract a gram over 5-10 bags. Cons are the vapor could be both denser and smoother (slightly airy/harsh but again, plenty good enough).
you are using way too much flower if you are only getting 5-10 bags a gram. If using 100 mg per bag harsh vapor is to be expected Try 30-50 mg flower in the filling chamber with a liquid pad on top of it.. Vapor density is atleast partially a function of flower quality (thc %)

Anyway I think you will see this works well and is not harsh... too much heat will cause harshness too.
enjoy
Vapinmnofo

Thanks for looking out! I appreciate you getting me quickly up to speed on this. Cheers!
My first Volcano was a Hand me down. I am guessing his girlfriend made him choose between the Volcano or her. She won and I found the Volcano (old school solid valve) in the Trash!! Yes one switch was broken. sent it in for a service in the end it did not blow as hard as it should. Oh well. Used it for 5 years then sent it in again and got it replaced at a steep discount.
Yeah Hand me downs are great

Stoke

I've owned my volcano classic since 07. During the time, I've only had to bring it in once. I'm having issues with my pump now, and noticed it takes 1-2 minutes to fill a 3 gallon turkey bag.
I've tried reaching out to S&B, and it's been a week with bo response.
I would do the work myself since it's just 2 wires and four bolts to change out the pump. Unfortunately, it seems as if they've gone to great lengths to not have that pump be available to the general public.
Very frustrating that I may have to go back to smoking because storz and bickel can't respond in a timely manner. I dobt expect service, but I expect some support for the product. 0 options is tough to swallow.

Top Bottom