Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

bobo305

any advantage to buying the mighty from S&B? any warranty work goes through them either way, right?

bobo305,

mourningbell

Certified human
Damn 13.99 for the top cap plus shipping I assume was the email offer I was sent? I don't expect anything from vivant because I didn't buy this unit I was gifted it. I actually have 2 melted units. One on loan and one given to me. But my point is somebody bought these units and 13.99 for a cu that melted to begin with? I've already made a crafty mod one and I don't think I paid that much for the crafty one?? It's a good little vape but not sure about all the "extras".

$14 is not at all a bad price for a CU. It's cheaper then the Crafty CU. And everyone who bought these legitimately are able to get a free replacement cap from Vivant or the retailer. Vivant took a while to get everything done, but they've done pretty much everything right in the end.

Vivant won't receive much if any money from Alternates purchased through DHGate/etc. They have the right to ask people who haven't supported their business thus far $14 for a replacement CU... imo.

HSIHP

I got my new CU from PIU today ( I feel I owe this company an arm and a leg, buy things front them!!) and it's as sweet as you want it to be, given it holds up. After a few sessions there is zero negative flavor or deformation and I went as high as 395. I have yet to deal directly with Vivant but good on them to get this solved and get the parts out quickly and hats off to @PuffItUp for making it smooth.

That said I'll still probably but a crafty CU even just to test my craftsman skills and have a unique piece. I have never used a SB portable but I feel like I know what that cap feels like and I want to have that feeling, is that naughty?

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Well it's good to see folks are starting/already gotten their replacement caps. I was just told by PIU today they hadn't gotten them in house yet, maybe I pissed someone off? :ugh: I didn't pick up the CCU for the mod as I was still a tad miffed after two melted tops and was starting to lose interest. I've been running the paces w/ my Air in the meantime. I still can't help how much I was enjoying the Alternate for the short time I was able to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.;) Sorry, I'll pass on the cheese with this whine...:disgust: I'm gonna go Air out some Mendo Purps and :chill:. Have a great evening, All.

Last edited:

florduh

Does the Alternate need to be fully packed to work properly? Mine is 80% full, medium grind, at370 with the airflow half open. I'm getting little vapor and a mostly plasticy taste.

florduh,

IckiestOfTheSticky

Got my replacement CU today from PIU as well, thanks Jake!!

Definitely is a much sturdier piece, but still gets similarly hot in the same places, so we'll see how it holds up over time.

I might just be expecting too much out of this unit taste wise coming from my Arizer Air, but it still has a kind-of sweet taste coming off of it like it did on the old mouthpiece with the new one, that I can only describe as plastic-like.

I can taste it through every strain I try, and it's the same taste I saw on the old CU, so not convinced it was coming from the original mouthpiece at all. I can actually smell the smell by smelling the bowl itself.

Am I just tasting a plastic vape in general, because I'm used to the glass-only path of the Air? Is anyone else experiencing this at all?

Oh, and I've also seen the battery thing. I normally turn it off altogether after use, but have caught myself sometimes getting the display to come back on with a single keypress, indicating I didn't, in fact, turn it off properly.

I normally have had it come back on with no issues (I've used the device for approx 180 minutes in total at time of writing this, so not my first rodeo with the Alternate) but I've also had it drain to zero overnight, when the previous night it was around 50% if memory serves correctly.

I was a little scared about that one time, but didn't think anything of it until I read some similar posts the past couple pages. My levels are showing correctly on the Alternate as well, I trust the gauge. And my battery was definitely dead the next day, as it showed so when I put the battery in the nitecore charger. (Remember that I'm the guy that is logging all statistics after every use in a spreadsheet, so I'm very cognizant of the battery levels after every use. So, my conclusion is that it actually drained that amt of battery overnight, which is a little scary. I hope it drained it slowly.

An isolated case, however, for me, that I will have to keep an eye on.

little maggie

My new replacement came very quickly. I haven't used it yet but then I wasn't having problems with the original.
Is the battery problem being attributed to the vivant? I've had problems with new batteries totally draining to 0 but I think that's more related to the battery.

little maggie,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

Bitowzky

My reship from heaven gifts has arrived but unfortunately it has the old MP, it was shipped to me on April 7th.
So I'm a little bit disappointed but I guess I'm spoiled, I have 2 alternates for 60$ I shouldn't be complaining. :D
Now all I have to do is get 2 new mouthpieces from somewhere.

Razshiro

Its all good.....I used a arizer dome screen....and iit all seems good..... :)

@Razshiro .....Is this new CU from DHGate different than the new one from Vivant ?

Yes this is the same .... the bad news is heavengift don't sent the new mouthpiece alone .... well he refund me ...

Damn 13.99 for the top cap plus shipping I assume was the email offer I was sent? I don't expect anything from vivant because I didn't buy this unit I was gifted it. I actually have 2 melted units. One on loan and one given to me. But my point is somebody bought these units and 13.99 for a cu that melted to begin with? I've already made a crafty mod one and I don't think I paid that much for the crafty one?? It's a good little vape but not sure about all the "extras".

Exactly, @Vivant i live in europe so if want a new mouthpiece i need to pay 13.99$ + 20$ shipping really? Any retailers in europe have this new Mouthpiece??
@PuffItUp Maybe you can do something for me if Vivant don't want to help and don't have retailers in europe , like selling the mouthpiece for a fair price ;)

subway13029

$14 is not at all a bad price for a CU. It's cheaper then the Crafty CU. And everyone who bought these legitimately are able to get a free replacement cap from Vivant or the retailer. Vivant took a while to get everything done, but they've done pretty much everything right in the end.

Vivant won't receive much if any money from Alternates purchased through DHGate/etc. They have the right to ask people who haven't supported their business thus far $14 for a replacement CU... imo.
i totally disagree..im not talking about my unit that was gifted but it was boight and 13.99 would be ok for just a extra but not after they sold faulty crap to begin with.

sickmanfraud

Exactly, @Vivant i live in europe so if want a new mouthpiece i need to pay 13.99$ + 20$ shipping really? Any retailers in europe have this new Mouthpiece??
@PuffItUp Maybe you can do something for me if Vivant don't want to help and don't have retailers in europe , like selling the mouthpiece for a fair price

If you purchased your Alternate from @PuffItUp then they will stand behind the product. If you bought from Ebay or a non-authorized dealer how can you ask @PuffItUp to stand behind the transaction?

I bought my Alternate from @PuffItUp, but I don't expect Randy to send me endless replacement pieces for free.

I am also out of N. America and I understand if @PuffItUp wants to charge me postage. @PuffItUp sent me a replacement that has been AWOL for 10 days (USPS tracking says arrived here and left airport on May 1) no idea if this is the new mouthpiece or another plastic one.

Sometimes what is "cheap" turns out to be "expensive".

i totally disagree..im not talking about my unit that was gifted but it was boight and 13.99 would be ok for just a extra but not after they sold faulty crap to begin with.

HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

@Vivant made some vaporizers in China. For example let's say they made 500 vapes and they paid the manufacturer $50 and charged the retailers $75 (just bear with me).

Then somehow another 500 are made without @Vivant knowledge or consent and without @Vivant getting any $$ from the second 500 units. How could you expect the victim of fraud, in this case @Vivant to spend money to support vapes they never got a penny for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Razshiro

Well i don't ask @PuffItUp to stand behind the transaction, i just ask if they can sell me the new mouthpiece for a fair price , i don't want to pay 33$+ for a simple mouthpiece... Who ask nothing have nothing !!
I've never talked about "free" mouthpiece ... so re-read plz :) !!

Sometimes shit happen but it's manufacturer(warehouse?!) fault, not mine, to be honest i don't use my alternate anymore (even with the crafty cu) but living in Europe i would like to have access to this mouthpiece and not paid half of the price of one alternate for this!!

They have some authorized sellers in Europe, so why not have this mouthpiece available for sell there ?

And yeah sometimes cheap turns out to be expensive, not for my case (2x alternate for free )

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Well i don't ask @PuffItUp to stand behind the transaction, i just ask if they can sell me the new mouthpiece for a fair price , i don't want to pay 33$+ for a simple mouthpiece... Who ask nothing have nothing !!
I've never talked about "free" mouthpiece ... so re-read plz :) !!

Sometimes shit happen but it's manufacturer(warehouse?!) fault, not mine, to be honest i don't use my alternate anymore (even with the crafty cu) but living in Europe i would like to have access to this mouthpiece and not paid half of the price of one alternate for this!!

They have some authorized sellers in Europe, so why not have this mouthpiece available for sell there ?

And yeah sometimes cheap turns out to be expensive, not for my case (2x alternate for free )

I am sorry if I misunderstood your response.

There are sellers of vaporizers in Europe. I find that if a vape is $100 in USA it seems to be 100 pounds (UK) or 100 Euros in europe.

Vaposhop is an FC sponsor and they are in Europe, also heard good things about vapefiend.co.uk. They sell the alternate in Europe.

FWIW the 115 pounds that Vapefiend wants for an Alternate is almost $149 USD. @PuffItUp sells the same unit for $130 (but there is almost always a 15% discount for FC members) making an Alternate from @PuffItUp about $110 (plus postage to Europe).

The $39 saved by buying from @PuffItUp should get you your items shipped.

I try to time these kind of purchases to when someone is in the USA and then I am able to get the lower prices and free shipping.

Something else to consider; I have been told that there are reshipper companies that give you a US address and then they forward your parcel to you. One of these places is called ship2me.com, but I have no personal experience.

sickmanfraud,

mash

Im hoping to get CU from Vivant .....I dont know if they will send it to me or not....I did email them and messaged @Vivant of FB ....

I would like to have one.....just in case....seeing how I will probably never use the originals again. I sanded two crafty CU and I must say......they are very nice....the airzer dome topped fit and last night was very enjoyable. The Crafty mod is also alot cooler to the touch.

Trentonn

Does the Alternate need to be fully packed to work properly? Mine is 80% full, medium grind, at370 with the airflow half open. I'm getting little vapor and a mostly plasticy taste.
I find it does work best when fully packed, however 60-90% full should suffice just fine. I received my unit yesterday, one thing I found is I will get essentially zero vapor unless the outside adjustable is open, preferably fully. My experience at least. Also if you aren't using the new mouthpiece, I would try to hold impressions until the new piece has arrived. It's night and day difference in taste especially. If you are experiencing that plastic taste and have the old mouthpiece, I would be able to suggest the old CU is the issue.

Im hoping to get CU from Vivant .....I dont know if they will send it to me or not....I did email them and messaged @Vivant of FB ....

I would like to have one.....just in case....seeing how I will probably never use the originals again. I sanded two crafty CU and I must say......they are very nice....the airzer dome topped fit and last night was very enjoyable. The Crafty mod is also alot cooler to the touch.
If you bought it from them, they will send you one, but only if you let them know that they need to. I guarantee once they do get back to you, the CU will be on the way no questions asked. They see where the faults lie and they are doing everything in their power to not only admit those complications, but to fix the overall issue as well. Definitely a solid company.

Last edited by a moderator:

mash

Total noob here, both to portable vaping and forums haha. Just chucking a comment here to remind me to have a more thorough look at the thread really, had a skim through last night and decided to buy the alternate today, can't wait for it to arrive! (:

Its a great little vape......now with the new cooling unit (mouth piece) ...all should be good...

I just started not so long ago also.......and now I have 4 vapes......2 Alternates.....a Fenix....and the almighty arizer air :) I love them all....

Drummeryjam

Its a great little vape......now with the new cooling unit (mouth piece) ...all should be good...

I just started not so long ago also.......and now I have 4 vapes......2 Alternates.....a Fenix....and the almighty arizer air :) I love them all....

Aha yes I can see how it could be come quite the obsession :D unfortunately (or maybe fortunately :p) I'm a bit of a pauper so don't have the cash to go to crazy with it. Really just looking forward to finally being able to cut out tobacco I've been wanting to do it for so long!

BaroneBarra

Welcome @Drummeryjam :)

Personally, I can't wait to have the CU replacement in my hands.

I love my M and I get super high with it, but there's something about a session vape like the Alternate (which is my only other vaporizer, until the HGL I odered is ready :D)...

I like the fact that it takes 10 or 15 minutes. I can sit back, relax and enjoy my flight :)
Maybe it has to do also with when and where you partake normally... I'm almost always home with my girlfriend, at night, with no rush whatsoever. I enjoy the journey just as much as the destination

All this to say that I think you're gonna be happy with your Alternate :)

:peace:

Drummeryjam

Welcome @Drummeryjam :)

Personally, I can't wait to have the CU replacement in my hands.

I love my M and I get super high with it, but there's something about a session vape like the Alternate (which is my only other vaporizer, until the HGL I odered is ready :D)...

I like the fact that it takes 10 or 15 minutes. I can sit back, relax and enjoy my flight :)
Maybe it has to do also with when and where you partake normally... I'm almost always home with my girlfriend, at night, with no rush whatsoever. I enjoy the journey just as much as the destination

All this to say that I think you're gonna be happy with your Alternate :)

:peace:

Thank you (: I too spend most of my time chilling at home and love a good ol' journey (: I've been telling all my mates how excited I am, they don't get it. Looks like I'll be chatting about all this shit in here instead haha (:

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
The one I received today direct order from Vivant has the new piece. I didn't check the fw version yet. Battery at 33%.

Is there a wiki or knowledge-base on this vape anywhere?

albert247

Hey @jdent3 , No, the body of the Alternate was tested along with the top cap and the body passed all testing, therefore we did not make any material changes on the body of the Alternate. There has only been a total of 4 incidents up until today with factual proof with body cracking issues and this is simply a defect for those 4 devices. Thank you

Hi Emily, You've been wonderful with your response on here, however, unfortunately, I would like to report cracking of the body of the vaporizer. So that makes it at least 5 devices with the body cracking :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFSHUxV3A5SUlBRTg/view?usp=sharing

I've had the unit for a little over a month now, awaiting a replacement unit from heavengifts. Sealed the cracked top cap like twice so far(this is my only herb vaporizer, no access to a crafty CU), should last me till the replacement arrives, will Update on if the replacement body gives me similar issues.

Current state of topcap as I await replacement:

Top of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFM2JmRVF0T25XZGc/view?usp=sharing
Side 1 of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFclU5b2F3LTB0VWM/view?usp=sharing
Rear of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFdUVWZUhsdGVpclE/view?usp=sharing
Side 2 of topcap - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvlbDzrOqwFREx6V083aTFXbTg/view?usp=sharing

Top Bottom