VerdaVap - An analogue butane powered ball vape, designed for use in a water pipe.

jbm

Early impressions of the VerdaVap are amazing. I've been using it today - I'm friggen high as balls. I can't think of a single complaint with the actual device. The only minor inconvenience is that it doesn't come with anything with which to take off the lid when it's hot. I've been using the little "buckle strap" that (I think) came with my Stunner; I've also tried the silicone exterior to the Slingstash, which works, but you have to use the inside of the slingstash to get it to fit, so it's not that convenient.

(I hate using the leather buckle strap... but I forgot to ask Wesley not to send it. And I figure if I have it, and if it's the best solution, I might as well use it. Still, there's enormous scope here for a silicone solution IMO.)

I got the VerdaVap-branded igniter/burner, and I'm heating it at the very end of the solid blue flame. About 27 seconds seems perfect, and one of my very early learnings is that I'll be heating these things by clock, because the visual clues you get with something like the Stunner (ie. the orange flame) isn't that relevant to the VerdaVap - using my method, the lid and flame turn bright orange after about 16 seconds, and I'm heating it for another 11 seconds past that.

I had a bit of a failed experiment before, I tried seeing how hot I could get it, and it combusted at about 32 seconds. But it wasn't completely cold when I started. So a complete waste of flower and a wasted experiment, cos it didn't really tell me anything.

Over the next few days I'm looking forward to a Forge owner receiving a VV and reporting back. I haven't ordered a Forge yet, but I'm very much open to it if people have success with it. I haven't heard much about the Flare, but that could be interesting as well?
I’ll be testing it with the Camouflet Inductor as well.

sedentree

Early impressions of the VerdaVap are amazing. I've been using it today - I'm friggen high as balls. I can't think of a single complaint with the actual device. The only minor inconvenience is that it doesn't come with anything with which to take off the lid when it's hot. I've been using the little "buckle strap" that (I think) came with my Stunner; I've also tried the silicone exterior to the Slingstash, which works, but you have to use the inside of the slingstash to get it to fit, so it's not that convenient.

(I hate using the leather buckle strap... but I forgot to ask Wesley not to send it. And I figure if I have it, and if it's the best solution, I might as well use it. Still, there's enormous scope here for a silicone solution IMO.)

I got the VerdaVap-branded igniter/burner, and I'm heating it at the very end of the solid blue flame. About 27 seconds seems perfect, and one of my very early learnings is that I'll be heating these things by clock, because the visual clues you get with something like the Stunner (ie. the orange flame) isn't that relevant to the VerdaVap - using my method, the lid and flame turn bright orange after about 16 seconds, and I'm heating it for another 11 seconds past that.

I had a bit of a failed experiment before, I tried seeing how hot I could get it, and it combusted at about 32 seconds. But it wasn't completely cold when I started. So a complete waste of flower and a wasted experiment, cos it didn't really tell me anything.

Over the next few days I'm looking forward to a Forge owner receiving a VV and reporting back. I haven't ordered a Forge yet, but I'm very much open to it if people have success with it. I haven't heard much about the Flare, but that could be interesting as well?

Maybe for taking the lid off, the solution provided with the Thermal Accumulator would be sufficient, which is one of those 3ml silicone storage pots like these: https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/2ml-silicone-dab-pot-x3?

gmocooties

Today was the day! I've run about 5 bowls through it so far (some lovely Jealousy) and I've been loving it. It does a great job of holding onto it's heat, so it's pretty easy to cash a bowl in one heat cycle in my experience. The heat retention is almost on par with wireless ball vapes I've used, which really surprised me given the Verdavap's size. Some great, terpy hits at the start of a bowl too 😁 I've been using a Blazer Big Buddy, and heating for 15-20 seconds maybe? I'll admit I don't really count in seconds so take that with a grain of salt. It seems to be a very forgiving vape though.

The form factor really lends itself to dry pipe & J-hook usage, which is exactly what I'd hoped for. I've actually been running it with the Elev8r's glass 'wand' (sans screen) and it's worked a treat so far:

20240627-222856.jpg

It really is a gorgeous little unit 🥲 The extra time you've spent on the finishing has really paid off, Reef. The wood turned out beautifully too. Cheers!

gmocooties

Very interested in how they go together
Yeah this is the big one for me. Hoping to get an inductor one of these days - the more of my collection it works with the better 😁

If anyone's curious, the Ispire Wand is able to heat the VerdaVap, but it takes a while - a full cycle (until it times out) of heating can generate vapour, but it's definitely at the wispier end of what the VV is capable of. So not very practical, but feasible I guess?

AndyO

The VerdaVap sits super snug inside the B1 injector head. I experimented to see whether it would heat it up enough, and similarly to the Wand, it does - but it takes so long you wouldn't bother. And I had it on a stupid high temp (720F).

gmocooties

The VerdaVap sits super snug inside the B1 injector head. I experimented to see whether it would heat it up enough, and similarly to the Wand, it does - but it takes so long you wouldn't bother. And I had it on a stupid high temp (720F).
On that note, it also fits perfectly inside the CC Vulcan bowl, which I guess could be used to heat the VV if you're running the bowl with a coil. I might give it a go, but it's so snug that I'd worry about it sticking and being a nightmare to pull out!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Yoooo!

This is so awesome to see! I've got a big grin on my face!

I'm so stoked everyone has started receiving their device's. Even more stoked to see that people are liking them!

I'm buckled atm, had about 4 or 5 bowls through the VV over the past couple hours while on a Livestream podcast thing with VapeHQ. I think I join in about 30 mins in.

So I've read through everyone's posts, will try respond to the questions here lmk if I forget any. Yogi has been tinkering around with the forge over the last day and holy moly has he got that thing dialled in with the VV! Makes me want to get one, but the price ahhhhh. We might post up some of his videos here soon? He posted some stuff to discord ripping thick clouds.

The hot swapping is a pain ATM, no solution yet. What I'm designing is a silicone insert that slots into a metal or wood hollowed out cylinder. Then you slot the silicone over the VV, and when you rotate, I'm designing a mechanical action into the silicone piece that will collapse and apply additional axial for into the body of the VV... Giving extra gripping force. Also the wider body of the cylinder part will give more leverage and allow for easier unscrewing for those with dexterity issues. I'll have some additional indentations and hand hold parts for increased grip.

Heating with the wand isn't practical. In a pinch, sure. But not really ideal. People were saying in the discord that two full heat cycles will give alright vapor. But really, you're pushing your wand to its limits.

Super cool to hear about people hearing theirs with coils and such too! You guys are the first testing this stuff out so it's really cool to hear!

I've had people mentioned it'd be cool to have a metal adapter to suit a 25mm coil. That could for sure happen!

If anyone has any feedback on the design, please let me know and your advice may very well make it into future versions. So many of the little features of the device have come from the community.

I'm super proud of the device where it is right now. It puts a smile on my face when I pick it up.... And this is the worst it's ever going to be.

This is the start of something great, and it's all build on community input. Shit this thing 100% wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the few dozen people who were like "cool I'd buy that" when I posted a vid of the dodgy garage rig prototype I made back in October last year. They forced me to turn this into something I could be proud to sell, and I am.

A vape by the people for the people ✊🤣

If anyone has any questions, let me know! Happy to answer.

Last edited:

AndyO

I'm super proud of the device where it is right now. It puts a smile on my face when I pick it up.... And this is the worst it's ever going to be.

This is the start of something great, and it's all build on community input. Shit this thing 100% wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the few dozen people who were like "cool I'd buy that" when I posted a vid of the dodgy garage rig prototype I made back in October last year. They forced me to turn this into something I could be proud to sell, and I am.

A vape by the people for the people ✊🤣

If anyone has any questions, let me know! Happy to answer.

I'm super proud that I'm in the ground level with version 1/1.5. I've never been adverse to adopting something early, but rarely do you receive an end product that feels so perfect.

For what you set out to achieve ie. a great, hard-hitting vape solution for people wanting to give up the bongs - I feel like you've done it man. Once you dial in your heat source, that's exactly what this device is.

So I've read through everyone's posts, will try respond to the questions here lmk if I forget any. Yogi has been tinkering around with the forge over the last day and holy moly has he got that thing dialled in with the VV! Makes me want to get one, but the price ahhhhh. We might post up some of his videos here soon? He posted some stuff to discord ripping thick clouds.

The hot swapping is a pain ATM, no solution yet. What I'm designing is a silicone insert that slots into a metal or wood hollowed out cylinder. Then you slot the silicone over the VV, and when you rotate, I'm designing a mechanical action into the silicone piece that will collapse and apply additional axial for into the body of the VV... Giving extra gripping force. Also the wider body of the cylinder part will give more leverage and allow for easier unscrewing for those with dexterity issues. I'll have some additional indentations and hand hold parts for increased grip.

I watched the stream - regarding the QR code, the issue for me is that the envelope wasn't sealed. The QR code fell out of the envelope and was face down, and I'd sent your lovely Mrs an annoying email before I even realised the QR code was there. I'd just seal the envelope mate!

I like the fleshlight idea for a hotswapper. I've whinged about animal products in another thread, I've spoken in this thread about the potential for a silicone solution given it works quite well with the Slingstash - it sounds really good.

I'd be really keen to see a video of how it goes with the Forge; I'm also really keen for an adapter to use it portably on a Revolve stem. And I'll certainly be following along for any other future releases.

Congratulations man, you've produced something incredible. For something that, as you say, is currently the worst that it will ever be? This is an insanely good version 1 vaporiser.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I started typing because I've been using the VerdaVap all day and don't think I can get off my couch to go to bed...

AndyO

@VerdaVap I'd be curious to know how many orders (as a rough percentage) bought additional screens with their VerdaVap. And did people who didn't order extras only receive one?

Another observation after a couple of days of heavy use is that the screen gets seriously gunked up relatively quickly. (edit: whey I say "quickly", I don't mean it happens after 3 bowls; I mean it's fine after one bowl, it's fine after 3, it's fine after 7, it's fine after 10... and then the gunk will block your airflow almost immediately, whereby bowl number 11 is a really tough draw. It seems super sudden and immediate when it happens.)

Which is fine, that'll happen, and in my case I bought extra screens and can just include it in the nightly iso bath of my bong and adapters - but I wonder if there might not be a bit of lament among those who only have one screen. For future versions I think I'd really consider including at least two. (Obviously building the extra cost into the price.)

Also, I think you said on the stream last night that you were looking to try and dispatch another round of orders for Australians. Where did you land on that? If there was an opportunity to buy the Rosewood version to compliment the Maranti version, and to be able to rotate them as they cool, I'd seriously consider that I think.

Last edited:
AndyO,

gmocooties

Another observation after a couple of days of heavy use is that the screen gets seriously gunked up relatively quickly. (edit: whey I say "quickly", I don't mean it happens after 3 bowls; I mean it's fine after one bowl, it's fine after 3, it's fine after 7, it's fine after 10... and then the gunk will block your airflow almost immediately, whereby bowl number 11 is a really tough draw. It seems super sudden and immediate when it happens.)

Which is fine, that'll happen, and in my case I bought extra screens - but I wonder if there might not be a bit of lament among those who only have one screen. For future versions I think I'd really consider including at least two. (Obviously building the extra cost into the price.)
I can confirm that I only received the one screen, having ordered just the device and nothing else 😁

I think the biggest reason for the screen clogging is the inner 'lip' that the screen sits on. Debris has a habit of getting wedged between this lip and the triangular elements on the outer edge of the screen. I imagine this could be improved by narrowing that inner lip? Assuming this is feasible? I don't think it's the design of the screen itself that's causing the issue.

For hot swapping, I've just been using a little synthetic leather loop I had lying around (it's actually a J-hook 'stand' but it's pretty bad at this, lol). A bit fiddly, but does what I need it to do!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Hmmmm ballpark guesstimate maybe 25% got additional filters.

Will have to have a think about the screen clogging up. Definitely there gets to be a bit of buildup around the outside part where it rests on the ledge. Might be able to fix that up for the next revision. Will have to have a think about it. We can't really just remove the lip otherwise there will be no "meat" to thread the handle into. Definitely open to community input as well 🙂

I can definitely throw in more filters in with it for future batches. I only had a limited amount this time round but will order larger volumes next time 🙂

As for batch 2 dates.... Not exactly sure just yet.

I have enough metal components currently to make about 40 more VerdaVaps. I have a little feeling that they won't last long. I've been getting a wild amount of interest through Instagram of all places.

After that we'll order another batch of metal from my factory.

We will be revising the handle design so it can be attached mechanically, without adhesive.

Also, if we figure out a potential solution to the screen clog, I can trial that in the future batch. Potentially having the parts parts of the lip where the thread isnt to be milled away in places, so maybe the filter is only resting on say 3 points of the "lip" part and the rest is milled away a few mm. That might make little annoying corners to clean through.

Anyway here is my VerdaVap in a new stabilised and dyed birch burl dress 👗

jespar45

Been following you I believe since you first posted on Reddit and was very intrigued. Very impressive looking device! Kicking myself right now for not jumping on initial drop! Definitely not going to miss your next drop! Congratulations on successful initial launch of the VerdaVap!

jespar45,
Reactions: coolbreeze

AndyO

Hmmmm ballpark guesstimate maybe 25% got additional filters.

Will have to have a think about the screen clogging up. Definitely there gets to be a bit of buildup around the outside part where it rests on the ledge. Might be able to fix that up for the next revision. Will have to have a think about it. We can't really just remove the lip otherwise there will be no "meat" to thread the handle into. Definitely open to community input as well 🙂

I can definitely throw in more filters in with it for future batches. I only had a limited amount this time round but will order larger volumes next time 🙂

It's worth thinking about, but definitely wait and see what others say before acting on it! One example is the Dynavap - whereas the VerdaVap has the "protruding edge" that the screen sits on, the Dynavap has an indentation that the screen sits in. That also allows the Dynavap to offer the half-bowl setting, which might be interesting to think about.

But all that said, maybe the answer isn't even a re-design, maybe the answer is just a second screen with the "base pack" so you can be using one while the other is in the cleaning phase. I dunno, that's why I'd wait to see what others thinki!

Anyway here is my VerdaVap in a new stabilised and dyed birch burl dress 👗

That's friggen stunning man.

It's probably better for the brand to get them in more people's hands, hey? I'll let you use those 40 components for new customers, and I'll be back for my second one when you start investigating and selling some of these exotic woods. I'd love a purple heart to match my table top bong, but I suspect Purple Heart is almost impossible to colour match.

AndyO,

TheScamericann

I've always been intimidated by coil powered ball vapes but this thing looks perfect. Wonder if it will work with BFG's Flare induction heater. If it does then a verda vap coupled with the dani fusion might be the end game for me.

TheScamericann,
Top Bottom