VerdaVap - An analogue butane powered ball vape, designed for use in a water pipe.

HumbleLivings

Likely based on its specs. Will need to do some testing! I'm sure once I ship batch 1, someone will have one to test with.

Super excited!
as soon as I receive my VerdaVap I will test it on the Camouflet Inductor and the Vestratto Forge (well VapingYogi already tested v1 on Forge and worked fine, should work fine on the Camo Inductor also, but we'll see
I watched your latest video update, i see your done with all the cleaning and 1st batch should be going out soon !
noice bro
looking forward to testing out the verdavap! ✌️

Last edited:

gmocooties

I remembered I had a VerdaVap prototype so I just check to see if it is going to work with the Forge...

Now I really wish I'd bitten the bullet and grabbed a Forge 😂

Hey @VerdaVap - a quick question. The torches you sell on your site, I'm assuming they just clip/screw directly onto a butane cartridge? As opposed to filling a tank, like you would with a Big Shot for instance? Because that's pretty handy!

Can't wait to give the VerdaVap a crack! Not long now.

PossumMD

Now I really wish I'd bitten the bullet and grabbed a Forge 😂

Hey @VerdaVap - a quick question. The torches you sell on your site, I'm assuming they just clip/screw directly onto a butane cartridge? As opposed to filling a tank, like you would with a Big Shot for instance? Because that's pretty handy!

Can't wait to give the VerdaVap a crack! Not long now.
Can be seen in action here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C60_sJkvF1p/

Edit: the torch I mean.

PossumMD,
Reactions: sedentree

AndyO

@VerdaVap Have you considered putting together an instructional video ready for when people start receiving it?

There are 2 things I'm not sure of:
- where you landed in terms of heat time (although I know you did the recent video on that.)
- what butane/propane to buy, and how to put your "head" that I've ordered on it.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@VerdaVap Have you considered putting together an instructional video ready for when people start receiving it?

- where you landed in terms of heat time (although I know you did the recent video on that.)
- what butane/propane to buy, and how to put your "head" that I've ordered on it.
Check out the gasmate canisters, they have the rim vent / clip in that the VV burner uses (have a pack of 4 sitting in my room)

Nice one! Thanks man. Looks super handy - if I hadn't just bought a Blazer I'd be very tempted 😵‍💫
I was using the Big Buddy Blazer or the Stingray testing the prototype

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

VerdaVap

Manufacturer

Yep! Going to be doing this.

I was going to include a card with a QR code on it that points to a Google drive folder where I can upload instructional videos and documentation.

Heat time will depend on the torch, but there is significant wiggle room with the VV, and I've only combusted once since using VV1.5. that was also a convection combustion, as it was primarily charred in the centre in a small patch. It really is super forgiving, especially if you're used to using a smaller butane powered device like the DV. I was a daily DV user for a few years and would still accidentally combust probably once or twice a week.
Yep (example 3:30 in) that's the stock burner you can get when you buy the Gasmate cans but its plastic and quite shite
Yep the stock burners you can get from bunnings work fine. The flame isn't as large, but it will work. I tested the one from bunnings and a handful others before I settled on the one I have now. I'm a big fan of the all metal. No melty bits!

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Hey everyone - if you don't have the time to watch the linked video, here's the summary of what I've been working on for the past ~2 weeks

- **Machining and Finishing Process**: I spent significant time refining the machining marks on the VerdaVap's air intake holes, moving through various grits of sandpaper, to achieve a smooth finish.

- **Cap Variations**: There are two cap designs for the VerdaVap, one with a larger airflow hole and another with a medium-sized hole. Both will be included with each unit.

- **Wood Enhancements**: I've sourced premium woods like stabilized birch burl and fancy dyed plywood for future high-end versions of the VerdaVap.

- **Handle Adhesion Issue**: I encountered a problem with the epoxy glue used for the handles. During curing, air trapped in the epoxy expanded, causing the resin to push out and weaken the bond.

- **Solutions**: To resolve this, I am:
- Using a vacuum chamber to degass the resin to remove trapped air.
- Adding more surface area and divots on the handle and metal parts for better adhesion.
- Testing low-temperature curing before final high-temperature setting to minimize resin push-out.

- **Assembly Challenges**: Removing defective handles and reapplying the glue took considerable effort, but I'm confident in the improved bonding with the new techniques.

- **Future Improvements**: I'm currently working on a mechanical solution that requires no glue for future versions.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Hey everyone - if you don't have the time to watch the linked video, here's the summary of what I've been working on for the past ~2 weeks

- **Machining and Finishing Process**: I spent significant time refining the machining marks on the VerdaVap's air intake holes, moving through various grits of sandpaper, to achieve a smooth finish.

- **Cap Variations**: There are two cap designs for the VerdaVap, one with a larger airflow hole and another with a medium-sized hole. Both will be included with each unit.

- **Wood Enhancements**: I've sourced premium woods like stabilized birch burl and fancy dyed plywood for future high-end versions of the VerdaVap.

- **Handle Adhesion Issue**: I encountered a problem with the epoxy glue used for the handles. During curing, air trapped in the epoxy expanded, causing the resin to push out and weaken the bond.

- **Solutions**: To resolve this, I am:
- Using a vacuum chamber to degass the resin to remove trapped air.
- Adding more surface area and divots on the handle and metal parts for better adhesion.
- Testing low-temperature curing before final high-temperature setting to minimize resin push-out.

- **Assembly Challenges**: Removing defective handles and reapplying the glue took considerable effort, but I'm confident in the improved bonding with the new techniques.

- **Future Improvements**: I'm currently working on a mechanical solution that requires no glue for future versions.

The name of the video is very fitting mate :) I have to admit, its been impressive watching you get back up each time you have had a setback, not everyone has the staying power to push through adversity time and time again. I look forward to seeing what comes out at the end of this and how far its progressed from the Prototype I played with 6 months ago.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
It's been great to watch this ride so far, but given I love these warts and all releases-the videos have been great!- Maybe it's time to buy a ticket and join the ride. I love my early RBT, Dynavap and Lamart stuff because I know how much effort went in to them.

One thing the videos show, especially the one testing the handles, is how robust the rest of the device is. I couldn't believe the metal handle/screw thread would put up with that much abuse.

Of course, as usual I don't need another Vape, but supporting a local means I am looking for an excuse.

I don't generally use a bong (although that bundy one does look awesome and discreet enough to have my interest) but I think the Verdavap looks small enough to pair with a Hydro tube.

My question is how deep does the Verdavap sit in the joint? My hydrotube would only allow a maximum of 25mm or a little less. Would this fit or can you accommodate with slightly thicker or more tapered if required? Would probably go the rosegum if that matters.

Good luck with the launch

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
It's been great to watch this ride so far, but given I love these warts and all releases-the videos have been great!- Maybe it's time to buy a ticket and join the ride. I love my early RBT, Dynavap and Lamart stuff because I know how much effort went in to them.

One thing the videos show, especially the one testing the handles, is how robust the rest of the device is. I couldn't believe the metal handle/screw thread would put up with that much abuse.

Of course, as usual I don't need another Vape, but supporting a local means I am looking for an excuse.

I don't generally use a bong (although that bundy one does look awesome and discreet enough to have my interest) but I think the Verdavap looks small enough to pair with a Hydro tube.

My question is how deep does the Verdavap sit in the joint? My hydrotube would only allow a maximum of 25mm or a little less. Would this fit or can you accommodate with slightly thicker or more tapered if required? Would probably go the rosegum if that matters.

Good luck with the launch
Vapenvy, thanks for the kind words mate!

I just measured how far the VV sits in the 14MM adapter with my calipers. About 22MM deep.

VerdaVap,
Reactions: Vapenvy

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
### 📢 New YouTube Video: VerdaVap Update!

Hey everyone! 🎥 We’ve just uploaded a new video on our YouTube channel with some exciting updates about VerdaVap. Here’s a detailed summary of what’s been happening:

#### 🚀 Key Highlights:

1. **Epoxy Handle Fix: Preventing Excessive Push-Out** 🔧
- We’ve resolved an issue with the epoxy adhesive in our handles. During curing, the epoxy was pushing out excessively, compromising the handle’s integrity. The solution? We refined our curing process to gradually ramp up the temperature over 24 hours. Starting at 40°C and increasing in 5°C increments, up to 120°C, allowed the epoxy to thicken properly and set without push-out, ensuring a robust and durable handle.

2. **Batch 1 Sold Out!** 🎉
- We’re thrilled to announce that the first batch of VerdaVap is sold out! A massive thank you to all our supporters. Your excitement and trust mean everything to us. With the website temporarily closed for new sales, we’re preparing for our next batch. Stay tuned for more updates on when Batch 2 will be available.

3. **Preparing for Shipping:** 📦
- Batch 1 is ready to be shipped! I captured some behind-the-scenes footage just before we started packing. We aim to ship these out by this weekend. We’re making sure everything is packaged perfectly for you.

4. **New Developments:**
- **8mm Adapter:** 🔩
- We’re developing an 8mm adapter that allows VerdaVap to fit various portable 8mm stems, including those compatible with DynaVap. This adapter will expand the versatility of VerdaVap, making it adaptable to a broader range of devices.

- **DynaVap Convection Cap Attachment:** 🌬️
- Exciting news for DynaVap users! We’re working on a convection cap attachment featuring a large synthetic ruby thermal mass. This cap will store heat and provide a robust, convection-heavy experience, delivering more intense vaporization.

5. **Community:** 🤝
- I’m eager to see how you all use your VerdaVap units. Share your tips, tricks, and experiences in our subreddit and Discord group. Let’s keep the conversation going and help each other get the most out of our devices.

6. **Word of Mouth Matters:** 🗣️
- Since we can’t rely on typical paid advertising, we depend on your word-of-mouth recommendations. If you believe in VerdaVap and know someone who’s trying to switch from combustion to vaping, please share your experiences with them. Your recommendations are crucial for our growth and for helping more people discover VerdaVap.

Thank you all for your incredible support and enthusiasm. We’re excited about the future and can’t wait to share more with you. Check out the full video for all the details and a closer look at what’s coming next for VerdaVap!

**Watch the Video Here:**

Thank you all, so much. This wouldn't exist without you.

Cheers,
Reefy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
2. **Batch 1 Sold Out!**
Dang it! And I was just thinking I should just order one anyway. Congratulations, that's awesome news.

You'll have at least one order in the next batch. I can cheer from the sidelines in the meantime.

Vapenvy, thanks for the kind words mate!

I just measured how far the VV sits in the 14MM adapter with my calipers. About 22MM deep.

Thanks for this. Looks like it should fit and looking forward to testing it some day.

Well done on selling out the first batch and getting it all ready for imminent release.

Vapenvy,
Reactions: sedentree
Top Bottom