VerdaVap - An analogue butane powered ball vape, designed for use in a water pipe.

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Hi everyone!

This is my first post on FC!

I've been developing a vaporiser over the past couple of months, somewhat on the downlow from the wider vaporiser community... Only ever posted in r/ausents, which is an Aussie cannabis subreddit.

I've had a heap of people ask about if there are VerdaVap threads on FC... So they've forced me to come over here and make this post πŸ˜‚

So what the hell am I talking about? There are some Pictures here.

The VerdaVap is minimalistic by design, if it's there, it serves a purpose, else not πŸ˜‚

It's designed with the bong smoker in mind. For years I've read threads in vaporents and other forums about people wanting to quit smoking bongs to jump over to vaporising, then they buy a vaporiser from the head shop down the road, it's a shitty conduction vape and inevitably let's them down, then forever "vaping" is thrown in the shit bucket for them. Or they'll do the research, realise they should have brought a ball vape, then they see the price of a ball vape and just can't justify the price. This is especially a big issue over here in Australia. There really isn't many options for ball vapes over here yet, and they're bloody expensive. The idea is to have an accessible "portable" ball vape. Portable as in take it camping, not on a walk to the shops πŸ˜‚

It's definitely not perfect, but it's mine, and I'm beyond excited about it. I have had amazing feedback from the ausents community, and we have revised the design to what you can see now, as pictured on the website.

The design will be revised until the community is happy.

Let's break the VerdaVap down, so you understand what does what. Reference image here

1. Top part - thermal mass (80x3mm corundum beads)

2. Vapor chamber, holds a smidge over 0.2g loose pack. The volume of the vapor chamber is about 15% larger than the mighty, as a point of reference most will understand.

3. Native 14mm adapter. This is what you thread the vapor chamber onto, and will be made out of 304 stainless steel. You can see, the vapor path is all metallic.

4. Hand turned stabilised wood 14mm water pipe adapter. Stabilising wood is a tedious process that involves heat treating, resin, vacuum chambers, and about a week of time... but it eliminates and issues wood pieces can have with expansion and contraction with varying heat and humidity. If you have a nice wooden pen, or a chef knife with a wooden handle, it will be stabilised wood.

5. 4mm stainless steel handle rod, threaded into the 14mm adapter body.

6. Hand turned stabilised wood handle.

7. Custom compression filter, here is a pic of the laser cut filter.

This entire thing started at the end of October last year... I was tinkering in the garage and wanted to try build a ball vape myself because I didn't want to spend $500+ on one πŸ˜‚

Built one over a weekend, posted a video on ausents and people were asking if I would make them one.... And it just all started from that!

Here is a more recent video showing the 3D printed mock up, and testing out the prototype.

I've got a discord also, as requested.

I've ordered samples from multiple manufacturers, once they have landed (couple weeks), and I'm happy with them I'm going to open up presales on a batch of 100 to test the waters and see if people are keen.

Let me know what you think!

Adobewan

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on FC!

I've been developing a vaporiser over the past couple of months, somewhat on the downlow from the wider vaporiser community... Only ever posted in r/ausents, which is an Aussie cannabis subreddit.

I've had a heap of people ask about if there are VerdaVap threads on FC... So they've forced me to come over here and make this post πŸ˜‚

So what the hell am I talking about? There are some Pictures here.

The VerdaVap is minimalistic by design, if it's there, it serves a purpose, else not πŸ˜‚

It's designed with the bong smoker in mind. For years I've read threads in vaporents and other forums about people wanting to quit smoking bongs to jump over to vaporising, then they buy a vaporiser from the head shop down the road, it's a shitty conduction vape and inevitably let's them down, then forever "vaping" is thrown in the shit bucket for them. Or they'll do the research, realise they should have brought a ball vape, then they see the price of a ball vape and just can't justify the price. This is especially a big issue over here in Australia. There really isn't many options for ball vapes over here yet, and they're bloody expensive. The idea is to have an accessible "portable" ball vape. Portable as in take it camping, not on a walk to the shops πŸ˜‚

It's definitely not perfect, but it's mine, and I'm beyond excited about it. I have had amazing feedback from the ausents community, and we have revised the design to what you can see now, as pictured on the website.

The design will be revised until the community is happy.

Let's break the VerdaVap down, so you understand what does what. Reference image here

1. Top part - thermal mass (80x3mm corundum beads)

2. Vapor chamber, holds a smidge over 0.2g loose pack. The volume of the vapor chamber is about 15% larger than the mighty, as a point of reference most will understand.

3. Native 14mm adapter. This is what you thread the vapor chamber onto, and will be made out of 304 stainless steel. You can see, the vapor path is all metallic.

4. Hand turned stabilised wood 14mm water pipe adapter. Stabilising wood is a tedious process that involves heat treating, resin, vacuum chambers, and about a week of time... but it eliminates and issues wood pieces can have with expansion and contraction with varying heat and humidity. If you have a nice wooden pen, or a chef knife with a wooden handle, it will be stabilised wood.

5. 4mm stainless steel handle rod, threaded into the 14mm adapter body.

6. Hand turned stabilised wood handle.

7. Custom compression filter, here is a pic of the laser cut filter.

This entire thing started at the end of October last year... I was tinkering in the garage and wanted to try build a ball vape myself because I didn't want to spend $500+ on one πŸ˜‚

Built one over a weekend, posted a video on ausents and people were asking if I would make them one.... And it just all started from that!

Here is a more recent video showing the 3D printed mock up, and testing out the prototype.

I've got a discord also, as requested.

I've ordered samples from multiple manufacturers, once they have landed (couple weeks), and I'm happy with them I'm going to open up presales on a batch of 100 to test the waters and see if people are keen.

Let me know what you think!
Welcome to FC. Might be on my end but seems like your link leads to a blank page.

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Welcome to FC. Might be on my end but seems like your link leads to a blank page.

Hey! Thanks πŸ™‚

I'm really not sure why that link is dead, but it is for me as well. If you go to this link, it's just the VerdaVap website, then click around you will see the images I tried to link in the original post. I think it may have something to do with needing to click the "I'm 18+", and the direct link was trying to get around that or something...

364F

Found you on Reddit by coincidence a couple of days ago, good to see you here now, welcome!

Edit: I see that there’s a raffle on your website 🀀

Last edited:

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Found you on Reddit by coincidence a couple of days ago, good to see you here now, welcome!

Edit: I see that there’s a raffle on your website 🀀
Hey! Thanks mate!

Haha yep I'm giving away 10 prototypes, have 6 locked in so far, but will be giving the remaining 4 out through the website... Just note that the prototype giveaway is only available to Aussies.

The final product will be available globally though! Shipping may just be expensive, but it is what it is πŸ™‚

364F

Australian babies after seeing your message
Baby Eating GIF

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Not going to lie, Dingo puppies are cute!

I hope you or another Australian member wins the raffle so you can share your thoughts about the device here.
I am unfortunately exempt from the giveaway so it won’t be me………. BECAUSE I HAVE A VERDAVAP PROTOTYPE WITH MY NAME ON IT!!!! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ₯³πŸ€ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€—πŸ˜­πŸ₯³ YASSSSSS! WOOOO!

So stoked to finally see & use it! I’ve been OBSESSED from the first video! Funnily enough another Aussie vaporent told us both about each other then I was like β€œOMG ITS YOUUUUU”

And VV is a legend, top tier Aussie! 🀌🏻🦘

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Rest assured I will be providing a hilarious & in-depth analysis of my shenanigans with the VV - and I’m NUTS! 🀣πŸ€ͺπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€£πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ»

If it can survive my abuse, it’s a bloody quality product! 🀣🀣

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
Shipped out 5 prototypes this morning! @BlazeyMcBlazeFace & @VapingYogi are two of them!

Here are a few photos of the prototypes for anyone curious! They are functional prototypes at this stage. They work fine, but the aesthetics and usability isn't there in these models.

The final product will natively fit the standard 14mm adapter, so you'll use whatever glass you want... This one is made out of a Bundaberg bottle and some silicone bits πŸ˜‚πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

I initially coined it the Bundabeuge πŸ˜‚

Last edited:

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Shipped out 5 prototypes this morning! @BlazeyMcBlazeFace & @VapingYogi are two of them!

Here are a few photos of the prototypes for anyone curious! They are functional prototypes at this stage. They work fine, but the aesthetics and usability isn't there in these models.

The final product will natively fit the standard 14mm adapter, so you'll use whatever glass you want... This one is made out of a Bundaberg bottle and some silicone bits πŸ˜‚πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί

I initially coined it the Bundabeuge πŸ˜‚
WHOOP WHOOP! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ₯³πŸ€ŒπŸ»πŸ˜­ YASSSSSS! OMGGGG! I can’t even begin to explain my excitement! Hahahaha πŸ₯ΉπŸ€—

Link doesn’t seem to be working! 😁 seen that alot recently! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Question: what torch do I need to get from bunnings? I need exact details to ensure greatest possible outcome!

Yeah it’s a classic Aussie design! I dig it as is or similar but I’m keen as a mofo to test it on all my glassies also! πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ» And my jhook! πŸ§πŸ€”

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
WHOOP WHOOP! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ₯³πŸ€ŒπŸ»πŸ˜­ YASSSSSS! OMGGGG! I can’t even begin to explain my excitement! Hahahaha πŸ₯ΉπŸ€—

Link doesn’t seem to be working! 😁 seen that alot recently! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Question: what torch do I need to get from bunnings? I need exact details to ensure greatest possible outcome!

Yeah it’s a classic Aussie design! I dig it as is or similar but I’m keen as a mofo to test it on all my glassies also! πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ» And my jhook! πŸ§πŸ€”
I'm not sure why the link isn't working for you, it seems to be working for me?

Sadly it seems you can't upload photos directly to FC, so have to screw around with other file hosting. I read a post saying imgur works, so I've gone with that. If that doesn't work, idk I'll link to my own cloud or something.

At the end of last year I went through and tested a heap of torches. You really do need to use a beefy torch like this one. The plastic ones are honestly pretty shit, a couple of the ones I tested literally began to melt after prolonged use. So with the bunnings one I linked, just turn it on to heat up, then straight off... Don't leave it on for extended periods. I ended up sourcing an all metal torch which is the best one I've tested so far. Ordered a batch of 100 of them, so they'll be available on the website soon.

The glass is just for the prototype, but not gonna lie I like it hahahaha, I think I'll get a similar one commissioned in the future with thicker glass and 14mm adapters.

The prototypes don't have 14mm fittings, so they really just work with the glass they're sent with, as I've just pressure fit it in with high temp silicone tubing and grommets. The final version will natively fit any 14mm glass.

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Here is a picture closer to what the VerdaVap will actually look like.
OOOOOOOF that wood! πŸ₯ΉπŸ€ŒπŸ»πŸ₯΅ it looks like it’s gonna be bloody amazing mate! πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» so freakin excited to test it all out!

CANNOT WAIT! (AusPost says Tue but I’m hoping is tomorrow!)

Best week ever! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€ͺπŸ₯³πŸ€ŒπŸ» πŸŒ¬οΈπŸ’š
(Testing & abusing the shit outta the screwball currently 🀣🀀)

BlazeyMcBlazeFace,
Reactions: VerdaVap

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@VapingYogi ohhhh very excited to see your thoughts too! πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜ will be an epic start to an amazing staple item vape to be! πŸ¦˜πŸ’š
*smiles* been watching and chatting with Verdavap for a while now. As one of the first Aussies I have met that's trying to design a vape that suits the Aussie blokes/gals , sitting in the shed and smoking cones, to help them switch from combustion to vaping by making something that looks and performs like the bong my mechanic mate in his shed made of a couple of hoses and a Oak bottle... I can see most of the Aussies I know liking the idea and ritual around using it - if it performs as well as advertised ;) even if the end result looked just like the prototype.

Edit: should have said "Aussies" not Aussie Blokes

Last edited:

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
*smiles* been watching and chatting with Verdavap for a while now. As one of the first Aussies I have met that's trying to design a vape that suits the Aussie blokes, sitting in the shed and smoking cones, to help them switch from combustion to vaping by making something that looks and performs like the bong my mechanic mate in his shed made of a couple of hoses and a Oak bottle... I can see most of the Aussies I know liking the idea and ritual around using it - if it performs as well as advertised ;) even if the end result looked just like the prototype.
Same man, same! Dude exactly! I’m a woman but I was & in the heart am that β€œAussie cone stoner”! Smashing my old school glass juice bottle & tubing combo from mitre10 🀌🏻🀣 fucken premium top shelf Aussie bong BRUZ! πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ»
even suggesting rolling a j was an insult to my being & a waste of my bud! Hahahaha I never EVER thought I’d stop punching cones! For real! If I can switch to vaping, anyone can!!!!!
I am opening a Aussie online mega vape store very sooooon & hopefully we can come together show the nation THE WAY! πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ₯³
πŸŒ¬οΈπŸ’š

Aussies I know liking the idea and ritual around using it - if it performs as well as advertised ;) even if the end result looked just like the prototype.
STRONGLY AGREED! πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Every single stoner I’ve showed - so far - WANT & NEED ONE NOT NOW BUT YESTERDAY! 🀣 then I destroy them with my ball vape send them on their way! 🀣🀣

@VapingYogi are ya gonna put some cooling balls in the bottle like the og vid? Or what do ya think @VerdaVap? If so what size, what type? OHHHH I want it now so bad! 🀣🀣

VerdaVap

Manufacturer
@VapingYogi are ya gonna put some cooling balls in the bottle like the og vid? Or what do ya think @VerdaVap? If so what size, what type? OHHHH I want it now so bad! 🀣🀣
Heya! The beads in the bottom of the glass in my videos, they are borosilicate glass condenser beads that are used in a distillation condenser for chemistry stuff.

They add extra weight to the prototype and lower center of gravity, as it's just made out of a glass Bundaberg bottle. Also, the additional vapor diffusion is nice.

I think they are 4mm diameter πŸ™‚

Top Bottom