Venty by Storz & Bickel

AndyO

Again, the people who don’t get an E04, don’t complain about not getting it, and don’t come to forums to air that complaint about not getting it. 100% of the people standing in the warranty repair line with you need warranty repair on their device, that does not mean 100% of devices need warranty repair.

I guess I'm thinking of it from the selfish perspective of someone who owns one, but who never uses it purely because I don't trust it. (I only really use battery vapes when I'm out of the house... and if that battery vape fails, my day's knackered, I have to go home.)

Logically, in my head, I know what you're saying is 100% right.

But you don't choose your vapes with your head, the device you reach for is the result of a whole bunch of factors. And if I don't trust it, I'm never going to reach for it (and I never do.)

So I was wondering if there's a point at which I could go to the second-hand market and say "it has X amount of hours, it hasn't had any errors, and thus it's considered 'safe' by the online community." Probably wishful thinking when I lay it out like that, certainly it's not something S&B are ever going to admit.

Rodney

I guess I'm thinking of it from the selfish perspective of someone who owns one, but who never uses it purely because I don't trust it. (I only really use battery vapes when I'm out of the house... and if that battery vape fails, my day's knackered, I have to go home.)

Logically, in my head, I know what you're saying is 100% right.

But you don't choose your vapes with your head, the device you reach for is the result of a whole bunch of factors. And if I don't trust it, I'm never going to reach for it (and I never do.)

So I was wondering if there's a point at which I could go to the second-hand market and say "it has X amount of hours, it hasn't had any errors, and thus it's considered 'safe' by the online community." Probably wishful thinking when I lay it out like that, certainly it's not something S&B are ever going to admit.

I would get rid of it ASAP if I was you before the E04 and other problems like keys falling off start :D - no wonder you dont use it lol

Zero Dimanax

Getting a refund is an option? Honestly, when the mighty came out it was ground breaking.

This, after so many years, does not feel the same. Im on my third device and havent posted anything as i never have the time and honestly this whole ordeal is upsetting.

Wonder how the “venty +” will fair. I will go back to volcano…even with the early metal shavings.

Adgej123

I’ve had two so far each with 250+ hours use. One at launch from S&B direct, next was a replacement 4 months later due to buttons. Never had an E04 or anything terminal, just buttons all wearing away, both times. Rubber is of incomparable standard vs Mighty and Mighty+.

What’s most surprising is that the second device I have specifically only used the power button to turn on and keep on, draw detection doesn’t ever pick up unless CU is open and I don’t like that airy experience, yet even still the temperature buttons have also warped and the temp. down is now lodged in. Something happens to the rubber with heat imo. Need an rma but pain to send back and wait a week or two, for not my fault. Buttons will only fail again until they change something and every replacement will be an E04 gamble by the looks of it. I’ve heard suggestions of oil or similar reacting to the button material but I literally work in an office, have no abnormalities and have 2 x Mightys that have stood a much longer test of time with new looking buttons to this day. My theory is that the material selected is not heat resistant, I base that only on experience as electrician and cable sheath material differences in rubber, not science. No idea as S&B won’t send anything not generic in RMA procedure

Minor but not good enough with price, buttons have been around for a long time and surprised they got that wrong.

With regards to a refund that’s the only thing S&B actually addressed when I enquired about the issues, and it was a swift no.

Last edited:

Zero Dimanax

I’ve had two so far each with 250+ hours use. One at launch from S&B direct, next was a replacement 4 months later due to buttons. Never had an E04 or anything terminal, just buttons all wearing away, both times. Rubber is of incomparable standard vs Mighty and Mighty+.

What’s most surprising is that the second device I have specifically only used the power button to turn on and keep on, draw detection doesn’t ever pick up unless CU is open and I don’t like that airy experience, yet even still the temperature buttons have also warped and the temp. down is now lodged in. Something happens to the rubber with heat imo. Need an rma but pain to send back and wait a week or two, for not my fault. Buttons will only fail again until they change something and every replacement will be an E04 gamble by the looks of it. I’ve heard suggestions of oil or similar reacting to the button material but I literally work in an office, have no abnormalities and have 2 x Mightys that have stood a much longer test of time with new looking buttons to this day. My theory is that the material selected is not heat resistant, I base that only on experience as electrician and cable sheath material differences in rubber, not science. No idea as S&B won’t send anything not generic in RMA procedure

Minor but not good enough with price, buttons have been around for a long time and surprised they got that wrong.

With regards to a refund that’s the only thing S&B actually addressed when I enquired about the issues, and it was a swift no.
Of course it was a no :rofl:

Backstory, I monitored this thread when the venty came out. Fairly new dev user (1 year now I think). VAS has me right now. Thinking about this device but worried about longevity. I guess with the warranty it’s not a big deal as I currently have TM2 (10 year warranty) and 2 dynas. TM2 has been scratching my itch lately because it’s just easier.

I guess ultimately these are my questions for owners and not trying to compare (I know it’s not allowed) but curious of differences. For reference my style lately is custom hookahead stem on TM2 in session mode on about 5-6 with guessing a 3-5 minute session 1-2 times at night. Occasionally two bowls from woodwynd with the wand. Probably should go with a ball vape but don’t have a desktop or the space for it to live.

1. If you have had to send it back, hindsight would you buy it again?
2. Is it slightly or 50/50 conduction as sometimes I pull out the dyna because it hits different from TM2.

Rodney

Backstory, I monitored this thread when the venty came out. Fairly new dev user (1 year now I think). VAS has me right now. Thinking about this device but worried about longevity. I guess with the warranty it’s not a big deal as I currently have TM2 (10 year warranty) and 2 dynas. TM2 has been scratching my itch lately because it’s just easier.

I guess ultimately these are my questions for owners and not trying to compare (I know it’s not allowed) but curious of differences. For reference my style lately is custom hookahead stem on TM2 in session mode on about 5-6 with guessing a 3-5 minute session 1-2 times at night. Occasionally two bowls from woodwynd with the wand. Probably should go with a ball vape but don’t have a desktop or the space for it to live.

2. Is it slightly or 50/50 conduction as sometimes I pull out the dyna because it hits different from TM2.

I do not own a VENTY so cant answer your questions but like yourself I have monitored this thread and for this reason I will not be buying a VENTY. I also have a TM2 like yourself and imo you should monitor the Solo 3 thread like I did and am very happy with what I read over there ;)

I do not own a VENTY so cant answer your questions but like yourself I have monitored this thread and for this reason I will not be buying a VENTY. I also have a TM2 like yourself and imo you should monitor the Solo 3 thread like I did and am very happy with what I read over there ;)
Appreciate the advice, only reason I’m not monitoring that thread as much is because I feel like I want something a little more conductive. Solo 3 from what I can tell is essentially the same as TM2, only convection. I just feel they are too similar.

n0tu2

Venty gave me a few E04 errors in the beginning but it stopped after the firmware update. It's still kickin' just fine ever since.. figure if/when it dies I'll just RMA it for a new one.. I do have both and tbh the Venty put the TM2 to bed for the honeymoon phase. Everything about it is easier.. load, hit, dump bowl, etc. Effortless vapor and it tastes much better then the TM2 for longer. TM2 found his way back into rotation because portability is a bit better..it can deliver punchier hotter hits then the Venty but flavor goes away just as fast at hot temps.. it's been all tempest lately and those two are jelous (venty beats tempest in flavor no doubt, but tempest gives more potent hits in shorter time.. and is more fun to use then the TM2).. Yes you can crank Venty up and have a quick sesh in just under 3-4mins.. back to back rapid monster hits.. each has its place and use scenario (Venty best for groups) and I like to shake it up - so like them all.

I know I will get fanboy shit for this but my VAS never bit on the Solo3.. I had a Solo1 and never liked the stem system or the draw, etc. I got the weird feeling there was an organized negative marketing assault on the Venty same people or haters constantly posting bad stuff so make your own decision on it after you own it. If someone put a Venty and a Solo3 in front of you and said pick one .. pick the Venty.

4-Aces King-High

Venty gave me a few E04 errors in the beginning but it stopped after the firmware update. It's still kickin' just fine ever since.. figure if/when it dies I'll just RMA it for a new one.. I do have both and tbh the Venty put the TM2 to bed for the honeymoon phase. Everything about it is easier.. load, hit, dump bowl, etc. Effortless vapor and it tastes much better then the TM2 for longer. TM2 found his way back into rotation because portability is a bit better..it can deliver punchier hotter hits then the Venty but flavor goes away just as fast at hot temps.. it's been all tempest lately and those two are jelous (venty beats tempest in flavor no doubt, but tempest gives more potent hits in shorter time.. and is more fun to use then the TM2).. Yes you can crank Venty up and have a quick sesh in just under 3-4mins.. back to back rapid monster hits.. each has its place and use scenario (Venty best for groups) and I like to shake it up - so like them all.

I know I will get fanboy shit for this but my VAS never bit on the Solo3.. I had a Solo1 and never liked the stem system or the draw, etc. I got the weird feeling there was an organized negative marketing assault on the Venty same people or haters constantly posting bad stuff so make your own decision on it after you own it. If someone put a Venty and a Solo3 in front of you and said pick one .. pick the Venty.
..my latest Venty Running since Independence Day’24 And the Longest . I feel they have taken Out the Problems,Let’s Go !

Zero Dimanax

..my latest Venty Running since Independence Day’24 And the Longest . I feel they have taken Out the Problems,Let’s Go !
I received my replacement about 2 weeks after. Hopefully it’s a good one but with all the headaches I just wanna get rid of this :ugh:

Still have the mighty and might just have to keep using it with the volcano.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Appreciate the advice, only reason I’m not monitoring that thread as much is because I feel like I want something a little more conductive. Solo 3 from what I can tell is essentially the same as TM2, only convection. I just feel they are too similar.
If you want something more conductive then the Solo can do that. It does have an on-demand mode where it can be similar to the TM2, ie. convection biased but that's where the similarities end. If you use it in session mode, your flower will bake even without inhaling and it is most definitely a hybrid in this mode with a hefty conduction component. Not at all like the TM2. They are very different vapes.

Everything about it is easier.. load, hit, dump bowl, etc. Effortless vapor and it tastes much better then the TM2 for longer.

(Venty best for groups) and I like to shake it up - so like them all.
These statements are what is drawing me to the Venty.

If you want something more conductive then the Solo can do that. It does have an on-demand mode where it can be similar to the TM2, ie. convection biased but that's where the similarities end. If you use it in session mode, your flower will bake even without inhaling and it is most definitely a hybrid in this mode with a hefty conduction component. Not at all like the TM2. They are very different vapes.

Solo 3 just seems too similar to the TM2 I already own. Also seems some think the draw can be tight.

Venty has to have some conduction. The load is sitting in the bowl which gets hot from my understanding. Just really looking for simplicity but still quality and never tried a S&B. Air flow seems top notch as well. Guess I have probably made up my mind. Only scare factor is E04, but with 3 years to figure that out not terribly worried. Seems as though they stand behind the product, even if they don’t have a solution yet.

Adgej123

On my second and need a third due to button issues again. But yes I would buy again even with this in mind, with the caveat that you have a backup device and S&B honour warranties (no reason to doubt).

From what I can see if they have solved the E04 and change button materials, it’s better than mighty performance wise

Vape_Or_Die420

On my second and need a third due to button issues again. But yes I would buy again even with this in mind, with the caveat that you have a backup device and S&B honour warranties (no reason to doubt).

From what I can see if they have solved the E04 and change button materials, it’s better than mighty performance wise
Which buttons failed on yours? My power button is starting to show some signs of aging

chillAtGVC

@Partialgenious The Venty is the easiest to load and clean the bowl. The cooling unit is more work but not overly bothersome. I use mine daily for 0.25 - 0.5g and clean the cooling unit every week or so. Get a spare cooling unit so you can clean one and use one. It is also very easy to use. The Solo 3 is also very easy to use.

The Solo 3 draw is about as restrictive as the Venty when the cooling unit is set to between 1 and 2, with 3 being wide open. I have a FireFly 2+ which is quite restrictive and, to me, unpleasantly so. The Solo 3 is not like that. Since getting the Solo, I've been enjoying the Venty more with the airflow partially closed off.

The Venty is absolutely partly conduction. I'd say it is mostly convection, maybe 70%? The Solo leans a bit more into conduction. Both are delicious in slightly different ways.

I hope that helps your decision.

Adgej123

Which buttons failed on yours? My power button is starting to show some signs of aging
All of them, power first came away from plastic and started peeling at edges, like weirdly deformed almost. Power symbol etching is very worn hardly visible, both temp buttons sunk into plastic frame and temp down edges are peeling away. The rubber is shocking.

Same as launch one, both lasted about 3 months before obvious signs of failure to material.

I am absolutely convinced every single Venty within warranty will go back with this issue, if owner chooses.

Feels pointless bothering at the moment though as it will only start to happen again within 12 weeks unless S&B change something

justcametomind

These statements are what is drawing me to the Venty.

Solo 3 just seems too similar to the TM2 I already own. Also seems some think the draw can be tight.

Venty has to have some conduction. The load is sitting in the bowl which gets hot from my understanding. Just really looking for simplicity but still quality and never tried a S&B. Air flow seems top notch as well. Guess I have probably made up my mind. Only scare factor is E04, but with 3 years to figure that out not terribly worried. Seems as though they stand behind the product, even if they don’t have a solution yet.
Conduction in the Venty is way less than it was in the Mighty, I think the 30/70 proportion should be correct.
Infact the only drawback I have found on this vape is that it's not capable of vaporizing microdoses (20/50mg) as well as the Mighty (I also tried third party Ti/SS capsules and glass inserts but was not satisfied at all, unlike other members).
If I place a minuscule amount in the oven it vapes but the herb comes out not as dark as on the Mighty and the vapor production is not on par with it.
The best thing of this vape is the effortless airflow and the fact it can fully vaporize a full load in a couple of hits if you are capable.

Every S&B has had changes during its shelf life and if enough people complain about power button peeling off they will perhaps update it, but I don't worry.
2 FC members with power button peeling off where so kind to share they used their Venty A LOT, like 2-3 hours a day, everyday, and have an hour count of hundreds hours in just a few months of use, so it's not something so easy and fast to get.
Even if it peels off completely the vape is usable and it's a perfect excuse to have it replaced when the warranty will be close to expire.
Another issue that got quite a bit of talk: I bet the people with burnt Venty ovens probably made countless back to back heating cycles, without even vaping, just to achieve those pics and have fun on Reddit.

Adgej123

Conduction in the Venty is way less than it was in the Mighty, I think the 30/70 proportion should be correct.
Infact the only drawback I have found on this vape is that it's not capable of vaporizing microdoses (20/50mg) as well as the Mighty (I also tried third party Ti/SS capsules and glass inserts but was not satisfied at all, unlike other members).
If I place a minuscule amount in the oven it vapes but the herb comes out not as dark as on the Mighty and the vapor production is not on par with it.
The best thing of this vape is the effortless airflow and the fact it can fully vaporize a full load in a couple of hits if you are capable.

Every S&B has had changes during its shelf life and if enough people complain about power button peeling off they will perhaps update it, but I don't worry.
2 FC members with power button peeling off where so kind to share they used their Venty A LOT, like 2-3 hours a day, everyday, and have an hour count of hundreds hours in just a few months of use, so it's not something so easy and fast to get.
Even if it peels off completely the vape is usable and it's a perfect excuse to have it replaced when the warranty will be close to expire.
Another issue that got quite a bit of talk: I bet the people with burnt Venty ovens probably made countless back to back heating cycles, without even vaping, just to achieve those pics and have fun on Reddit.
To add to this, every RMA you only send back the device without cooling unit. Each RMA results in a free cooling unit with device replacement 🔥

But yeah if S&B honour the warranty, no worries as long as you have spare device for week or so

axilla101

My Venty finally got the dreaded E04 error and wont turn back.

Anyone know how to get S+B to respond to a repair request?? I put it in several days ago and still haven't heard back-- still says "Pending."

Really annoying-- the least they do is be responsive and help folks replace their product quickly.

Top Bottom