Venty by Storz & Bickel

Dr. G

Old Resident
Wow, Venty really can good hits . Max airflow 3 on 210c without caps. Nice smooth taste big clouds and evenly cooked abv

C5-F61-B9-D-7214-4-D25-A393-4-EA054668-D86.jpg

9-F8-A97-A0-F667-4595-BD25-2-E2672-E706-D3.jpg
I updated my Venty today and its working great...and yes, I totally agree when the Venty is working its truly top notch. I still use it everyday and love it. I just do not like all this bullshit with it. But, the vape is amazing...

Stonedbadger

They don't. The warranty on S&B's website explicitly states that they will be responsible for shipping. "Warranty claims must be asserted against STORZ & BICKEL GmbH by presenting the original invoice, showing the purchase date, within the term of exclusion of two months after the warranty case occurred or in the case of defects/faults that were not immediately detectable, within two months after their detection.
STORZ & BICKEL GmbH shall assume the costs for sending and returning the product.
Any customs duties and public charges must be paid by the customer."

Email them and get a credit for what you are due from this company that blatantly goes against their own warranty policy. Canopy Growth is a company that just had to do a freaking private security sale to get $50 million in working capital and to get rid of a measly $25 million maturing debt. Market cap of almost $800 mil (down from a peak of almost $20 bil), a head start of literal years and massive institutional advantages, and they *still* are making (or allowing) their subsidiaries to blatantly break warranties and had to do a 10,000 unit recall.
Shocking how low S&B have slumped.

I keep wanting to order a Venty, but then I look at the recent reviews and decide to pass

Shocking how low S&B have slumped.

I keep wanting to order a Venty, but then I look at the recent reviews and decide to pass
I think the quality control must be very low wherever the parts are made. It's like some cheap Chinese company is making them. Some people get great units and some don't. It reminds me of what I've heard all my life, and that is to never buy a new model of any product when it comes out. Always wait a few months to see what problems arise first. I learned my lesson and will follow that rule for now on. :)

Jack_72

I think the quality control must be very low wherever the parts are made. It's like some cheap Chinese company is making them. Some people get great units and some don't. It reminds me of what I've heard all my life, and that is to never buy a new model of any product when it comes out. Always wait a few months to see what problems arise first. I learned my lesson and will follow that rule for now on. :)
If I had to guess, I would say that if Cannopy Growth didn't exist and Storz and Bickel were still privately owned, there would have been no Venty in 2023 yet. Instead, it would have appeared in 2025 and we would all have been able to pre-order flawless devices without any problems or worries.

Btw silly question: my replaced Venty has different display colors than the defective one I had to send in. What colors do your devices display?

Before, the colors were orange when charging, green when reaching temperature and blue when switching off.
Now they are gray when charging, blue when reaching temperature and turquoise when turning off.

Reggie Watts

I want to order a backup cooling unit, but they're always out of stock on S&B. Are there any third party vendors that sell these?

Reggie Watts,
If I had to guess, I would say that if Cannopy Growth didn't exist and Storz and Bickel were still privately owned, there would have been no Venty in 2023 yet. Instead, it would have appeared in 2025 and we would all have been able to pre-order flawless devices without any problems or worries.

Btw silly question: my replaced Venty has different display colors than the defective one I had to send in. What colors do your devices display?

Before, the colors were orange when charging, green when reaching temperature and blue when switching off.
Now they are gray when charging, blue when reaching temperature and turquoise when turning off.
That's interesting. I didn't know about Cannopy Growth. Maybe it was their decision to release the Venty before further testing. I still have the original Volcano from when they first came out in 2000, and a Might+ since 2021, and they work great. That's why I didn't hesitate when the Venty came out. I thought it was going to be another great product.

My lights have always started out orange and went to green when it was ready.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I might not be too happy about having a third Venty...but, at the end of the day my experience has been amazing with S &B...I always get my emails answered and very quickly. Everything that I went through was a breeze to return and get back. The actual Venty when working is just amazing...one of the best vapes around. The customer service has been remarkable for me...so, even though it sucked to return and all that mess...I am still very happy with my Venty and use it daily. I have been a Volcano fan since they came out and I have owned several and all are amazing still.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Price is high… but I will own 1 soon. It’s Storz & Bickel this has to be something special!!!
I'm very excited also, as I wait on the the arrival of a new Venty... a gift from a dear friend.
I have been a willing participant in practical use of each and every innovation S&B have
touched upon.
Right now after my ordeal in Federal Prison and with US Parole Commission, I have all of my Vaporizers and tools in storage.
I used only a POTV "ONE" for a month, and right now as I wait for all of my equipment, My 2 main units are A Digital Volcano, and a Mighty+.
Life is good!
Now my artillery will be 3 vaporizers, as I wait for everything on my signature to return.
I can hardly wait to be an active member of the Venty Users well being program!
This Venty was ordered for me from POTV, who does have them in stock.

Last edited:

justcametomind

If you change the brightness level also the colors seem to change. I have it low and while heating it seems numbers are white.

Jack_72

If you change the brightness level also the colors seem to change. I have it low and while heating it seems numbers are white.
You are right.
However, that is strange. My old, defective Venty was illuminated in the same color at all brightness levels, I'm sure of it. I have tried all the colors.

I now have the new Venty on the second darkest setting because I don't like the colors otherwise.

Jack_72,

tashian

Can these problems be due to inverted use ( upside down) that may overheat the internal components...just guessing as I never seen anyone mentioning if they use the unit inverted or not, or if they store the unit while hot creating possible internal shorts by condensation...

tashian,
Reactions: zatonic

justcametomind

You are right.
However, that is strange. My old, defective Venty was illuminated in the same color at all brightness levels, I'm sure of it. I have tried all the colors.

I now have the new Venty on the second darkest setting because I don't like the colors otherwise.
The first time I heard of this was from Troy and Jerry when they were at the Venty launch party. My first 2 were like that (one was from the first batch) and my third one also.
You may ask S&B themselves if this for you is an issue but the more I look at the lowest brightness level I’m at, the more I think this is made on purpose to make the screen visible at every brightness level, even the lowest, and white numbers over the black was probably the best way on the lowest.
The “screen rainbow effect” changing the brightness level is the most psychedelic feature of the Venty.
Loop Love GIF by Trippyogi

Last edited:

seki

Can these problems be due to inverted use
I hope not. This is how I intend to use mine the majority of the time.
I just got my unit in this week and I've been putting it through its paces. One thing I did notice was the oven area stays pretty warm for a good 5-10 minutes even after shutting the unit off.

seki

Sorry, dumb question: why are you using a portable w/ a WPA instead of a more powerful and cheaper desktop vape?
I run almost everything through water. I find the cooling and additional vapour conditioning that the glass and water provide make for a more comfortable and pleasant experience in general. Using glass with water also provides restriction that allows for larger draws at significantly higher temperatures than I'd be able to achieve natively.

It seems like it has more than adequate power, I've got no complaints personally:
There were probably 2-3 more draws left, but that was roughly 0.2g. So one use case for this is in instances where you want a quick session, you can do so without having to do any additional prep work beyond loading the device . You can potentially clear a 0.2g bowl in under 2 minutes from cold, which in my experience isn't something you can do with most desktop vapes.

I don't think cost has ever been a mitigating factor for me when evaluating a device for its suitability with glass. Can you elaborate a little further on this? I'm unclear on how that would apply.

I thought I'd post an update after going through S&B's RMA system. What surprised me is I never got a human to respond. They would just send automated replies that didn't address any of my messages. I think it's sad how low S&B has sunk. They don't even care enough about their customers to reply. I don't expect this company to last much longer unless changes are made in the company. It's a crap shoot to get a working Venty. I have my doubts I'll ever buy a product from them again.

badbee

Sorry, dumb question: why are you using a portable w/ a WPA instead of a more powerful and cheaper desktop vape?
I have a bunch of decent desk top vapes but they aren't better then my TM and require 5 - 10 minutes to warm up compared to the TMs 12 seconds. So I use the TM on a dry glass piece all the time, if I had a Venty it would be used the same way. The plugins are mostly getting dusty in the cupboard. You'll find there are a lot of people who use their powerful portables this way.

If there is a gap in the current line up of vapes it's probably high power plugins that don't need a thermal reservoir to keep up with demand. It's a little ironic that most plugins are lower power than the best battery powered models.

XpeeN

If there is a gap in the current line up of vapes it's probably high power plugins that don't need a thermal reservoir to keep up with demand
Sounds like an iheat when attached to its′ base :)

XpeeN,
Top Bottom