Venty by Storz & Bickel

dude_de

yeah yeah, it's a designer's nightmare.....
I did a quick test run by dropping a S&B capsule without lid into the TM2. Pressing the Venty CU on top of the TM2 really only worked once I removed the stir tool. So yes, I did get cooled vapor, but needing two hands to operate the contraption was awkward. So the capsule got its lid back and was finished off in the Venty.

dude_de,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Speaking of Solo 3 I think I will wait a see if Arizer updates also the Air/Argo with the same technology Solo 3 has. That way I would justify the purchase better, since there’s still no Crafty 2.
I would like to express my hatred for the unofficial titanium/ss capsules once more. I tested and tested those capsules but their performance is not on par with regular ones, imho. They are thicker and my abv is constantly lighter in color compared to the regular capsule, no matter the heat retaining properties those metal should have.
Other than that, some days ago I placed a capsule upside down and had the worst 15 minutes of the year trying to figure how to get it out without destroying the whole vaporizer. I scratched the walls of the bowl and will throw away all of them. Regular capsules are not even half as thick, the base or the cover are only 1 piece and in the worst case scenario you would only destroy a capsule cover with pliers, not the vaporizer. People who don’t want to void their warranty (what if I had to send it back?), medical users and/or people clumsier than me (if any) should avoid buying that stuff imho.
The cover is made by 2 pieces, a screen and a ring. You can dismantle the screen someway but the ring can adhere to the bottom of walls of the oven really well. Worst 50€ I spent in 2024.

Odd, I bought my 2x 5 Titanium Venty capsules from @VGOODIEZ .
I’ve recommended them several times here, IMO they are far superior than the crappy aluminum S&B official ones in every way. Of course using them with the cap on top when loading helps….

leanpubpackage

goodness gracious, the sb dosing capsules are pretty much a goner if you get the lid stuck on. pain in the neck when it happens

i would switch to the titanium, but I worry it will scratch the bowl. Anyone who has alternative dosing capsules can comment on whether it scratches?

leanpubpackage,

justcametomind

goodness gracious, the sb dosing capsules are pretty much a goner if you get the lid stuck on. pain in the neck when it happens

i would switch to the titanium, but I worry it will scratch the bowl. Anyone who has alternative dosing capsules can comment on whether it scratches?
Titanium or SS capsules are even worse. The lid is made by 2 pieces and the ring part of it gets stuck to the bottom of the oven really tight. I had that a couple of times with regular caps and there’s no comparison, the pita of a ti/ss cap stuck in the oven is considerably bigger than regular caps imho. Don’t look that way is my advice.
This is my post I made just yesterday about it.
Post in thread 'Venty by Storz & Bickel'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/venty-by-storz-bickel.54534/post-1805391

mejoolavapey

What tools do I need to teardown the Venty and remove the battery pack?
Is it Torx or Hex screwdriver? what size?
And how do I remove the 4 orange inserts that cover the screws?

Thanks.

Here's my conclusion to an "swappable battery mod" for the venty:

-It doesn't make too much sense, imho is taking a power bank with you way easier.
-change batteries only in pairs of Samsung INR18650-30Q, remember left an right
-only tried it physically with my bricked one, no real electrical function check (still very confident it would work)
-The gray plastic tray that is build in is also perfect for swappable batteries - no need for another tray.

Pic 1: push thin blade into red marked spot, lever out the orange caps, unscrew 4 screws and take bottom back plastic housing off.
Pic 2: Unscrew 3 marked screws, lever out the 2 connected batteries (glued in with a small piece of duck tape, needs some gentle force to lever out with a flathead screwdriver from the position of the arrow) (Leave display and gray battery tray connected!)
Pic 3: somehow separate the 3 metal connection parts from the batteries (I teared them off, maybe cut them or similar).
Pic 4: Screw in the 3 metal connection pieces from Pic 3 into their original positions (but without the batteries), assemble all the housing
Pic 5: you probably want to find a solution to easily put the bottom back housing on and off. Did not do any further investigations here.

Let me know if you have questions,
Would be happy if I get some feedback if anyone actually tries this!

Cheers!
Thanks for the good instructions, what kind of screwdriver do I need?

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Odd, I bought my 2x 5 Titanium Venty capsules from @VGOODIEZ .
I’ve recommended them several times here, IMO they are far superior than the crappy aluminum S&B official ones in every way. Of course using them with the cap on top when loading helps….

Agreed, I carry the titanium caps in the orange/blue S&B caddy, I don’t like the finer threads on the caddy that comes with the titanium.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
None. I'm not sure how they would, it's a smooth titanium surface against a smooth coated surface. I suppose with extreme lack of care anything is possible.

Timps27,

leanpubpackage

None. I'm not sure how they would, it's a smooth titanium surface against a smooth coated surface. I suppose with extreme lack of care anything is possible.
good to know. i guess my OCD is concerned with the metal on metal with the slight rattling when traveling with the dosing capsule in the oven

leanpubpackage,

SockPuppetTheatrics

I like the Air Vape Legacy Pro capsules. I want to say they're gold-coated SS? They're nicely put together and a little wider and shorter than S&B (or third-party upgrade versions), so I don't think they even touch the bottom of the bowl. They can get kinda stuck if you let the ceramic get sticky and then let a capsule cool down in the chamber, so either a) keep the chamber clean, b) dump the capsule before it cools down, or c) be prepared to use the pick tool and / or brush to maneuver the capsule out.

SockPuppetTheatrics,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
has anyone experienced severe degradation of the venty's buttons?
Hi, and welcome to fc.
There is a dedicated Venty thread, where your question would get more eyeballs on it.

Jack_72

I am also on my 2nd Venty but have barely used it in the past 2-3 months due to personal reasons.
Anyways I just bought a 2nd hand OG Mighty again because I know it is a tank and I just can't trust the Venty's reliability with all the Errors out there. They are just too many of us, show me similar discussions about other vapes if you don't believe it.

The cool thing is, I still have a lot of accessories for the Mighty which I never sold and partly never used either like a glass mouth piece and a bong adapter. Can't wait to try them out soon!

I must admit that the Venty in combination with a bong is unbeatable regarding the performance and overall experience.

seedy53

Has S and B announced they have stopped production of the Mighty line, including the plus? anyone know if that's true or a rumor?

seedy53,

Adgej123

On my second Venty since release day, first one the temperature button almost disintegrated and peeled away. This one now, the haptic feedback is either incredibly noisy/rattly or just doesn't even vibrate. Can't really be bothered with an RMA right now and a week without, but anyone else had any haptic issues?

Top Bottom