• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

OF

Should of figured you would go for the crazy version :D

Type casting, just type casting.

Besides, "crazy" is just so judgmental....how about 'special'? Short buses are easier to park you know......

And safer. I prefer (and recommend) them. You meet more interesting people there, too. Lots of fun personal stories.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Tweek

fake name

I bought a vg coil last week, and man do I like this thing.

First off, let me just say dealing with the people at vapor genie was fantastic. I requested to split my order through email. Thirteen minutes later they had responded to my email with a solution as how to do this. Also, I didn't realize shipping was free. The coil cost $35 shipped, f'ing pisser deal.

So I wanted this to plug into my downstem. It fits as well as I had hoped. And man, does it milk the piece with a solid rip. I use to chase clouds, but I think I've caught them. (Sorry, not sure if that term is considered pejorative, I only read a little of that thread.) It's not always that I want huge clouds, its not even that often, sometimes its nice. I really like knowing I can pack this thing, hit it with a torch style lighter and get a couple of huge rips all in the span of a minute.

I use my hand carved vg with a bic, but it doesn't work that well with the coil through water, the draw is too inconsistent which causes the flame to dance a lot and I end up tasting butane. I have had success with a torch lighter, and noticed this gets the vg going much faster. Though, it has also made me combust through the vg, which I never did with a bic; but this is likely also because I am hitting it through water so I don't really pickup on the flavor as quickly, so I don't have the burnt popcorny taste for a warning until its too late. I'm confident this wont be an issue with a bit more technique.

Thanks to those that recommended and those that suggested plugging it into the downstem! I recommend vapor genie with high praise, a great product at a great price from a company that was very quick and easy with to deal!

toker420

I'm going to be buying a VaporGenie and I just wanted some more information on itlike first can you smoke concentrates with it and if you could what type dry hash wax or any Oils second if it ever gets damage/dirty is it easy o fix/clean and glass what's the best way to get the best hit out your vapor genie

toker420,

OF

I'm going to be buying a VaporGenie and I just wanted some more information on itlike first can you smoke concentrates with it and if you could what type dry hash wax or any Oils second if it ever gets damage/dirty is it easy o fix/clean and glass what's the best way to get the best hit out your vapor genie

Howdy! IMO VG is a great choice for a first vape. Not as easy to use as some, but it does a great job and it'll teach you a lot about vapor if you let it. Stuff like you don't "smoke" anything, you roast your herb at about 400F until the good stuff literally boils out of it leaving the junk behind.

Sorry, no, not a good machine for concentrates. Yes, very easy to clean if you go with metal or glass. Wood ones don't clean well. Goof up and combust there and you'll be tasting it for a long time.

As far at the best hit part, my advice is 'follow the instructions'.....strange as that idea is to many. Stay away from the metal bats, IMO too hard to aim the fire at the sweet spot. Likewise the coil. I assume the glass version is the same, I just haven't ever tried.

For my money the new Bronze one is the easiest to use and best performing of the lot. Lots of mass so it stays cool, easy to see what you're doing, very 'hand friendly'. Couple that with a torch type lighter able to deliver lots of heat precisely and you're good to go. Mine is fast, easy and effective. The lighter doesn't have to be high end, in fact I suggest a few of these guys:
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

I've got several spread around here, mighty handy in their own right IMO.

Best wishes.

OF

djonkoman

Sorry, no, not a good machine for concentrates.
I don´t agree bout that entirely. I don't know about oil or wax since that's not available around here, but my handcarved works very well with 'regular' hash(imported or bubblehash)

djonkoman,
Reactions: Jeff-K

OF

I don´t agree bout that entirely. I don't know about oil or wax since that's not available around here, but my handcarved works very well with 'regular' hash(imported or bubblehash)

Your call, but I've had resin from bubble leak down past the screen and was very glad it was on a metal version not a wood one. Put it on a bed of herb or something to soak accidents up and you're probably OK with some/most mechanical concentrates, but solvent version are out for sure IMO.

I'll stick by my advice "not a good machine for concentrates". The OP is asking because he wants to buy one, specifically asking "what type dry hash wax or any Oils" which I take to include wax and oils. If such stuff is on the menu, I recommend other convection vapes for that. VG, as sold, is not a good option IMO for (such) concentrates.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So...I am realizing that my vaporizer collection is not complete with out some kind of non-electrical powered portable vaporizer, so I was entertaining getting the glass VG sherlock from the classifieds. I am also looking at the SS coil bat, for pocket friendliness.

I've got more reading to do, but wanted to pop my head in and say HIGH :D to all the VG users.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vitolo

Edward Hyde

Howdy! IMO VG is a great choice for a first vape. Not as easy to use as some, but it does a great job and it'll teach you a lot about vapor if you let it. Stuff like you don't "smoke" anything, you roast your herb at about 400F until the good stuff literally boils out of it leaving the junk behind.

Sorry, no, not a good machine for concentrates. Yes, very easy to clean if you go with metal or glass. Wood ones don't clean well. Goof up and combust there and you'll be tasting it for a long time.

As far at the best hit part, my advice is 'follow the instructions'.....strange as that idea is to many. Stay away from the metal bats, IMO too hard to aim the fire at the sweet spot. Likewise the coil. I assume the glass version is the same, I just haven't ever tried.

For my money the new Bronze one is the easiest to use and best performing of the lot. Lots of mass so it stays cool, easy to see what you're doing, very 'hand friendly'. Couple that with a torch type lighter able to deliver lots of heat precisely and you're good to go. Mine is fast, easy and effective. The lighter doesn't have to be high end, in fact I suggest a few of these guys:
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

I've got several spread around here, mighty handy in their own right IMO.

Best wishes.

OF

be carefull i've bought lighters and scales two times from this website and they never arrived nor they answered to my email after the order was placed and its been more than 2 months...

Edward Hyde,

OF

be carefull i've bought lighters and scales two times from this website and they never arrived nor they answered to my email after the order was placed and its been more than 2 months...

Caution is always merited, of course. "Buyer beware" is in fact incorporated into our laws.

However, I've not had any troubles with that vendor (maybe half a dozen buys over 3 or so years). More over, a fair number of other Members report using them and this is the first negative I recall?

My take on a three dollar lighter is it's not a huge risk to take, but it's your call.....which brings us back to "caveat emptor" again.

OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use th
So...I am realizing that my vaporizer collection is not complete with out some kind of non-electrical powered portable vaporizer, so I was entertaining getting the glass VG sherlock from the classifieds. I am also looking at the SS coil bat, for pocket friendliness.

I've got more reading to do, but wanted to pop my head in and say HIGH :D to all the VG users.
I use the standard wooden VG and the Glass Sherlock.
The Glass Sherlock is the best of these two by far in my experience.
The wooden one is so much easier to maintain, however...
The glass Sherlock is tuff to clean due to shape and size of orifices.

OF

I use th
I use the standard wooden VG and the Glass Sherlock.

I too have several and recommend them, however I think the new Bronze one is the hands down winner. And, as I recall, their engineer posted on this thread a while back and said the same thing.......

That VG with all it's mass of cool metal and a small 'torch flame' lighter makes for my recommendation on the matter.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was looking at that bronze VG, and might go after it later on. If I get that used glass one, I thought it might help a bit with learning curve having the visual response as well as taste/feel, and I am just a sucker for glass. I am still working on that deal.

I did order the coil though, and feel good about that. I was combing the VG website and could not find the replacement ceramic disks, if one should get lost or messed up some how, what do we do about finding a replacement? Or has it just not been a real issue.

I have a nice vector torch lighter with the squeeze trigger. Also keep a few bics around. One thing I know for sure, I don't want to be stuck having to combust to medicate...

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
jambandphan03,

SD_haze

I was looking at torches, I have a good one, but it's not angled, it lights pointing up. While hunting I ran across this dual purpose has the yellow flame or a blue flame... a little pricy, but a good brand. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZH7ZI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3R7MZU4L5MZFH I am going to feel things out with my current torch lighter first before investing in this one, but having both kinds of flame as an option in one package looks pretty good.
I've tried using a vaporgenie with a butane torch that has a yellow-flame option and it didn't work well at all >.<

If you want a cheap experiment, the DX Honest Torch is $12 shipped and has blue/yellow flame option
http://dx.com/p/honest-extra-large-butane-jet-workshop-torch-6824

SD_haze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
@Tweek: I saw those, but DE takes forever to ship... I ended up grabbing the same torches from ebay 3 for $10 shipped inside the us. Not bad. I don't expect them to last forever, I've had the cheapo torches before. I probably still have one hiding in the toolbox in the basement.

I am sure my current vector torch lighter will do the job, it's this model: http://www.amazon.com/Vector-Prizm-Nickel-Satin-Lighter/dp/B007VZ3E0A/ref=sr_1_67?ie=UTF8&qid=1360786319&sr=8-67&keywords=vector torch lighter

**good to know SD, thanks!

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The information is here
They do make it hard to find the Ceramic filters..
Many hoops to jump through.
Email; contact@vaporgenie.com
phone: 707-654-3643
I ordered a replacement filter, and it was not easy to order, but a phone call helps

I need to bookmark this post!

jamband...I prefer the bic lighter. It's really just preference and what you get used to, but just know that either one will work just fine and produce big clouds.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think I will start with the torch lighter, just to avoid the soot, but I think it would be wise to be able to use either one, or even a wick, in a pinch, so I will likely learn to use both kinds of flame with it at some point. I sort of feel at the mercy of all my electric vape gadgets now that I can't stand combusting anymore. I'm excited to get the coil, and I hope it will fit on top of the $40 bub, its just the right size for travel, as long as the downstem is long enough for the coil to fit down in.

** it's a double VG day for me, I scored that glass sherlock VG from the classifieds!! (thanks charliedontsurf) :tup:

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I could not get the wicks to work at all...just not enough flame.

But i couldn't get the coil to work either...let me know how it goes for you.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jamband...I just closed the cds gvg thread that you bought. i think you are gonna really like it. I just hit mine for the first time and had a great first session. The vg skills transfer right over. It seems like this unit has a much bigger bowl than the vg. and the taste is undeniable!

Shmoo

You can get some pretty good torch lighters on dealxtreme for really cheap.
Indeed! (although I bought a soft flame lighter) I've been using this: http://dx.com/p/stylish-silver-cigar-lighter-10080 with my VG classic for about a year now. Still works very well. It appears to be sold out at the moment, but they just added this: http://dx.com/p/zinc-alloy-pu-butane-gas-lighter-for-smoking-pipe-black-silver-182582 which seems to be similar. The side flame makes using the VG a bit easier.
I agree with Vitolo, I think adjustable, soft flame lighters are ideal for the VG.

Top Bottom