• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
hmmm. i dont find it hard with a jet lighter to gauge heat.
it actually gets wsy too hot for my tounge on upper temps at finish.
Are you referring to the bronze VG, YFZ? The cool bronze airpath reallys eems to cool down the vapor more than other VGs I've used. That's my experience anyway.

:2c:

Stu,
Reactions: OF

placetime

Are you referring to the bronze VG, YFZ? The cool bronze airpath reallys eems to cool down the vapor more than other VGs I've used. That's my experience anyway.

:2c:
Stu--does it cool it down so much that you don't get good feedback about heat/vaporization? With the VG Coil, I find that I always use the feedback of the heat coming through to judge when to back off the lighter to avoid combustion. Do you think I'd find it harder to avoid combustion with the bronze VG?
:peace:

placetime,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes and no.

I don't get as good of feedback heatwise with the Bronze, that is true.

However even clumsy old me still has yet to combust with it. I never torch for more that about 5 seconds or so though. I could see combustion being more of an issue with this version for the uninitiated TBH.

It's by far the best VG experience I've had sans water as it's just so damn classy. And cooler hits have their advantages too. :cool:

Stu,

placetime

Yes and no.

However even clumsy old me still has yet to combust with it. I never torch for more that about 5 seconds or so though. I could see combustion being more of an issue with this version for the uninitiated TBH.

It's by far the best VG experience I've had sans water as it's just so damn classy. And cooler hits have their advantages too. :cool:

Thanks for the info Stu. :) You've probably mentioned it somewhere already but I don't recall--have you used any other VGs that you can compare the bronze to, or just the coil? I've been considering getting a second VG (only have the Coil, and only used with a non-torch lighter so far), but I'm not sure which one yet. That bronze sure looks nice though!

placetime,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've used the standard and the Coil. I almost always used the coil with bubblers, though. IIRC the Coil had the hottest temp vapor on the tongue when used dry. The original VG a little bit less, but still more noticable than the vapor I'm getting from the Bronze. Keep in mind that it's pretty cool here in the vaporlab, (~60F) so that may play some part in cooling the Bronze and thus cooling the vapor. It may be different in the summer.

Does anyone else with a Bronze VG notice the cooler vapor or is it just me?

Stu,

OF

Does anyone else with a Bronze VG notice the cooler vapor or is it just me?

Yes, I have one and have noticed that. Doesn't mean you're not still crazy you know. Perhaps more so, given the source?

I also like a (cheap) mini torch lighter over my (expensive) candle flame one.....so there. With other VGs I seem to have more trouble controlling heat, I'm thinking the better view of the bowl on this guy is helping the process more than the cooling the vapor down is interfering?

Whatever it is, it's working and I like it. This is my favorite VG at present for sure. Pretty too, and I usually don't care about that.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I hadn't thought about the view. That is a good point. With the Bronze VG you can see exactly where the torch is hitting the filter, thus taking a lot of gueswork out of the equation.

I do think ambient temperature plays into the equation as well. My pipe is very cold to the hand in this weather as it's a stout chunk of metal and thermodynamics are what they are.... The hits are cooler, though that I can say.

Of course I'm crazy, so what do I know? :shrug:

Stu,

OF

Of course I'm crazy, so what do I know? :shrug:

"When it comes down to just two...."

Funny. Now that you bring it up, I've noticed you're missing at group meetings lately.....how crazy is that?

OF

OF,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm in FL, so I'm not sure how much my pipe would get cold, but cooler hits would be great with the VG. With the original I could only use it for a couple of sesssions before it was too harsh for me (I'm a wuss in this department).

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sticks, you have a fridge, right? 20 minutes in the crisper should do the trick.

I'm curious to see if using it in warm weather makes a difference or not.

Stu,

YFZ

Do you guys consider the burnt popcorn taste combustion? It never blows smoke clouds when i get that taste at higher temps. I heated more than i ever would once... and never get smoke but it does look kind of black and has that taste.
I hit it once without the top from same distance and got smoke inatantly and clouded everthing up lol.
I just wann know if that harsher taste is crossing or not.

YFZ,

OF

Do you guys consider the burnt popcorn taste combustion? It never blows smoke clouds when i get that taste at higher temps.

Naw, you'll know it if you combust. You won't be asking. Combustion is fire, it makes heat, if you're drawing on it, you're providing air and the fuel is there and hot. Just like the the Boy Scout 'fire triangle'. Things instantly go foul....really really foul. Smoke aplenty. Smoke, not vapor.

You only really need to do it once a lifetime to note that popcorn taste next time and reflexively back off. It's not something you'll want to do again.

OF

OF,

Jeff-K

So OF, you're sayin that the popcorntaste is combustion? Not trolling BTW;) genuine question. When I get the popcorn taste (and watch out to not make it any hotter than that) I get dark brown ABV, like in a volcano on 9, maybe a bit more. But always a shade away from black. I was under the assumption that it would still be vaping and not combusting.

With the volcano reference we can assume it's about 230-240°C I'm talking about, at max.

On another note, got my coil in the mail today. Nice device! Not as pleasant to use as the handcarved VG, but does the job!!

Cheers

Jeff-K,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Liking that bronze unit. Though, I always wish I had just bought the VG Classic instead of the Bat, which I ended up hating. Couldn't ever get the hang of it. I've heard the "pipe" style are easier to use.

Though, I have been eye-balling the Coil, since they came out with it.

BigDaddyVapor,

toker420

Ima get a vapor genie but what is the best out of their collection bettween the classic wood mental or the glass one

toker420,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Depends on what you mean by "best?" That is a pretty subjective word to use... I know the glass one has a solid following, but you know, glass and tile don't play well if you ever drop it... The stainless steel, is that the coil one? I believe that's the one you can completely clean all the way, which I would consider an advantage. It really depends on your situation. Are you set on the VG? Is this going to be your first vaporizer purchase?

toker420

Yea im pretty set i been lookin t other vapes bt ppl keep say the Vapor enie is better nd ea t my first one ima buy it mostly gonna e used jus. By me

toker420,

OF

Ima get a vapor genie but what is the best out of their collection bettween the classic wood mental or the glass one

I vote for the mental one. Hands down.

I have several models of VG, IMO the best of the lot is the new bronze one Stu cites. It's not on the chart cited above, but should be first IMO.

I've also found that the view afforded with this guy (it's easy to see down into the heat exchanger/bowl) makes aiming the fire (always an issue before) easy. While other units are a problem here (I've never been able to get my Aluminum bat to work because of this), I'm sold on a torch type lighter down the hole straight with the Bronze guy. Easily beats hemp wick and the high end 'candle flame' lighter I got for other VGs.

One of the engineers from VG posted it's his favorite as well, and he can assuredly have anything he wants.

OF

Jeff-K

I like my hand carved VG but the brass one seems even better indeed. The weight and shape of it and having a visual on the intake should make it the most pleasant to use.

I have the coil as well, it's a bit harder to use. Due to the placing of the intake and the coil becoming hot on the end. But it's very durable, very portable. And very easy to clean.

Anyway, once you get the hang of it, they all perform pretty much the same I'm sure. And it's more a question of personal preference about looks, feel and price. Either way prepare for at least some learning curve. Once you get the hang of it you can get bowls of nice brown ABV and not combust so no black, burned stuff in there.

Make sure you find your way to the VG thread posted above. It's packed with tips and tricks to get the most out of it.

Also learn a bit about vaporizers in general. They all try to do the same thing so there is allot to be learned that is common to all. Once you understand what it is you're actually trying to achieve it's going to be more natural to do it the right way with every vaporizer.

Cheers

Jeff-K,
Top Bottom