• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie

Used my VG last night at a friends when both my Solo and MFLB batteries was mysteriously discharged. I could see it coming back into my regular rotation, though I may donate this Classic to said friend and upgrade to a Coil.

edit: Just a thought, but would these work together (either 14 or 18mm)?

alt_8-15-11-124.jpg
VSqhG.jpg

kingofnull,

GOATPUSSY

Those would fit together... But what are you trying to do?

Used my VG last night at a friends when both my Solo and MFLB batteries was mysteriously discharged. I could see it coming back into my regular rotation, though I may donate this Classic to said friend and upgrade to a Coil.

edit: Just a thought, but would these work together (either 14 or 18mm)?

alt_8-15-11-124.jpg
VSqhG.jpg

GOATPUSSY,

GOATPUSSY

It might work although I'm not sure how/if the ceramic piece would fit in there properly. In the past, I just shoved my coil in the downstem and vaped away. Works very well although you gotta be careful of combusting. Good luck!

All glass water pipe Vapor Genie?

GOATPUSSY,
Reactions: fake name

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got my Bronze VG today and so far I'm really enjoying it. It is a little bit larger than I imagined and that's a good thing IMO. The piece has some real heft to it as OF mentioned. It's probably the classiest looking vape that I can leave on the coffee table to leasurely take hits from.

The vapor is much cooler than was the vapor from my VG Coil, so it took a little getting used to. I am used to feeling the vapor/heat hit my tongue and this is how I would gauge my hit. I have to rely more on experience with the bronze VG. The hits are very smooth and cool. I really like the ritual and it kinda reminds me of when I used to smoke a pipe back in the day.

Well done, VG! :clap:
2url65z.jpg

:peace:

fake name

In the past, I just shoved my coil in the downstem and vaped away. Works very well although you gotta be careful of combusting. Good luck!

I was wondering if I could do that with a coil. I was about to buy one anyway, but I'm glad to hear it will work in a glass piece with a little technique. Thanks for the suggestion!

Question though, did you put it in a 14 mm or an 18? Or, do you think it would fit both?

fake name,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I got my Bronze VG today and so far I'm really enjoying it. It is a little bit larger than I imagined and that's a good thing IMO. The piece has some real heft to it as OF mentioned. It's probably the classiest looking vape that I can leave on the coffee table to leasurely take hits from.

The vapor is much cooler than was the vapor from my VG Coil, so it took a little getting used to. I am used to feeling the vapor/heat hit my tongue and this is how I would gauge my hit. I have to rely more on experience with the bronze VG. The hits are very smooth and cool. I really like the ritual and it kinda reminds me of when I used to smoke a pipe back in the day.

Well done, VG! :clap:
2url65z.jpg

Got those pictures after the session? They are a bit blurry. :brow:

How about a video of some bronze clouds? :clap:

vorrange,
It might work although I'm not sure how/if the ceramic piece would fit in there properly. In the past, I just shoved my coil in the downstem and vaped away. Works very well although you gotta be careful of combusting. Good luck!
Why wouldn't the ceramic fit? Its a VG stock piece.

kingofnull,

GOATPUSSY

Why wouldn't the ceramic fit? Its a VG stock piece.

I'm not saying yes or no... Just I don't know. I'm ashamed to say that while I've taken my coil apart, I haven't actually removed the ceramic from the inner coil. Combusted once or twice but didnt need to 'clean' that part of it.

If it wasn't stashed outside in my cold ass garage sitting in my apolcolyse bag, I'd go measure it for ya'!

Btw... Just want to give a shout to stu for giving insight to the coil-bong idea. I saw that back when and ordered one that day. Worked awesome in my 1996 detachable-base-color-changing-glass-GRAFFIX bubble-bong with new improved diffused downstem.

It took awhile for the Bronze VG to get to me from the other side of the US, but let me just say I'm impressed!

VsIkD.jpg

ssdBM.jpg

(... Sorry for the instagrammy pics, they came from my phone. also sorry if they are big, I think the forum resizes them though? Let me know if I need to make a thumbnail or something... :D )

I asked them for a pink one--and the color is hard to capture in a photograph, but they hooked me up with a pink/purple/bronze swirl effect. It's ridiculous!

I was skeptical about portables, since I felt a little burned after my MFLB, but holy crap. I've never used a VG before, so there was a little bit of "learning" ... This thing sent me coughing so hard my eyes teared up! But it was smoooooth sailing after that, if you know what I mean :p I usually use my SSV hooked up to a 14" beaker, but this thing is probably going to be my daily driver. I love "driving manual" with my Bronze VG! It hits hard and works really fast.

aKa

Hello everyone,

As I didn't seem to find the answer while browsing this thread, here's the simple question :
Did anyone successfully mated a glass bat Vaporgenie with a log vape (such as an Underdog for exemple ), instead of using a lighter ?

aKa,

OF

Hello everyone,

As I didn't seem to find the answer while browsing this thread, here's the simple question :
Did anyone successfully mated a glass bat Vaporgenie with a log vape (such as an Underdog for exemple ), instead of using a lighter ?

I highly doubt it, it takes a lot of heat to get the heat exchanger up to working temperature, log vapes have very little power (which is why you need to warm them up so long....)..More importantly log vapes only put out 400F or so air (and not much of it), we need to get the heat exchanger WAY HOTTER than that to get the VG to deliver vaping temperature air to the load. What you suggest would have the VG 'filter' robbing all the heat from the load.

Get a good lighter, the VG does super when run as designed.

OF

Jeff-K

On that note, really having great results with the torchlighter!
Takes some getting used to, but hits like a champ!

Jeff-K,

YFZ

Settled with the torch lighter for my classic. I actually cant even burn the load. To turn it dark brown the air gets too hot on the tongue. So i move it out of the way and keep drawing. Even dipping the inner blue passed the edge i couldnt burn it. I know i got to upper temps when the MP starts getting hot on my lips i stop. For lighter hits that take it to medium brown at darkest, i put my tongue in airway and as i feel it get hot i stop there.

YFZ,
Reactions: Jeff-K

Tuck Styles

Smokin' the competition.
I've had a VaporGenie for a few years now and it's all burned up around the edges from improper use by my toke buddies. Now it just kind of sits around in the non-breakables box of smoking apparatuses I have and use that VaporBlunt 2.0 as my daily driver. I just can't get over the fact that you have to fully instruct anyone that's new to the VaporGenie or any of the other stone heating products so they don't complain about getting a small, or non-existent rip.

Tuck Styles,
I've had a VaporGenie for a few years now and it's all burned up around the edges from improper use by my toke buddies. Now it just kind of sits around in the non-breakables box of smoking apparatuses I have and use that VaporBlunt 2.0 as my daily driver. I just can't get over the fact that you have to fully instruct anyone that's new to the VaporGenie or any of the other stone heating products so they don't complain about getting a small, or non-existent rip.
Same can be said about a lot of vapes though, particularly in the portable space (MFLB comes to mind).

kingofnull,

Tuck Styles

Smokin' the competition.
Same can be said about a lot of vapes though, particularly in the portable space (MFLB comes to mind).

Agreed. Wood just doesn't do the trick for me. Being former military I use wood for warmth, cooking, and protection. Not for vaping, haha. I liked that VaporBlunt dropped the Palm with no wood and having to deal with the glass rod in your mouth. The flavor tips are a little too loose in the holder for me though, used to find them under my driver's seat all the time when I couldn't find them

Tuck Styles,

djonkoman

my handcarved is the same, but ostly due to myself and not my smoking buddies :p (I used to never look with both eyes at the time, then I discovered I do look with both when high, anyway that means that it's kind of hard to see the difference between the lighter above the hole and the lighter above the rim especially for the first hits)

djonkoman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
this is the first vape I have wanted just because it is classy! I never use my VG any more...just have it for emergencies. But I could really see me hitting this thing in a nice, relaxing way like a normal pipe. Stu...you gott let me know how much you end up using it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Will do, Sticks. I can say that I used it exclusively over this past weekend and it kept me plenty medicated. I even forced myself to learn the proper technique with a mini torch lighter and I must say that it was an easier transition than I thought. I feel like an old pro already. Within 4-5 seconds I'm pulling thick clouds.

The "problem" with this unit (for me anyway) so far is that the vapor really sneaks up on you. It's difficult to gauge the amount of vapor you're inhaling as there is no visual evidence, and very, very little 'heat' evidence for your tongue to pick up. You might think you didn't get much of a hit, then BAM! you exhale a huge cloud that sends you into a coughing fit. The more I practiced with it though, the more I began to anticipate the thickness of the hit - simply by knowing that with proper technique I WILL be inhaling "x amount" of vapor so I am better prepared before I exhale the hit.

I'm heading off to Vegas on Thursday for the CES show and I'll be bringing my VG for portable hits at the show (I'll have the Cloud in the hotel room too, of course. :brow:)

YFZ

hmmm. i dont find it hard with a jet lighter to gauge heat.
it actually gets wsy too hot for my tounge on upper temps at finish.

YFZ,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom